Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Kingdom of Khura'in (GS6)

Page 2 of 4[ 121 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Re: Case three discussion thread (tagged spoilers)Topic%20Title

Mia Payne

CreativeAttorney wrote:
Well, I just got done with A Rite of Turnabout, and I've written Notes down to condense my posts down (with spoiler tags)!

My pros with the case:
Spoiler: Pros
1: Rayfa. If there was one thing that was constantly good about this case, it was Rayfa. Honestly loved all of her appearances in this Episode. Became my 5th favorite AA character because of this case.
2: The Plumbed Punisher theme. I honestly didn't expect them to remix the Steel Samurai theme for this game, and it's pretty good. But I really liked them using the original Steel Samurai theme. Just goes to show you can't remix a theme that was already perfect! :P
3: Datz Are'bal. Everything about this guy is enjoyable. Never got on my nerves once, even in the amnesiac state.
4: The puns. Every AA game preceding this had some name puns in them. This game (and case in particular) has loads of them. And, well, I'm a sucker for puns. :oops:

Now for the cons of the case, which didn't bring the case down a whole lot, but kinda got on my nerves.
Spoiler: Cons
1: Nahyuta. This guy has done nothing to even warrant some kind of likability in him. Maybe in a later case though.
2: The end of the case. More specifically, the end of the trial. I just... kind of got confused at the end, didn't fully grasp how everything came together, and the accusation of the Head priests' wife came out of nowhere for me, so maybe that's the reason I didn't understand the end of the trial? I don't know.

And that's the end of my pros and cons of this case. So for this case, I'm gonna be using a 1 to 10 rating scale, and I'll be revising my scores for TFT and TMT. And here's the score!
The Foreign Turnabout: 5.9/10
The Magical Turnabout: 9/10
The Rite of Turnabout: 7.1/10

And with that, I'm off (to play Turnabout Storyteller, that is :godot: )!

Spoiler: Second con
the accusation of the wife comes down to 2 points, the steel samurai watch and Tahrust's knowledge of the crime. It couldn't be Tahrust because he has an airtight alibi during Zeh'lot's murder, so it had to be told to him by th real murderer, and who else would risk it than his own wife, it was simple process of elimination and of course, she has the steel samurai watch

Clarion of Revelations

Can I just say that...
Spoiler:
THAT WAS THE MOST SAD "BREAKDOWN" IN THE SERIES' HISTORY??? (imo)
Few times have I felt something, and this one nearly made me shed a tear :'(
I was spoiled about the fact Beh'leeb was a killer, but even knowing that I enjoyed this case

The video game boy; the one who wins

Spoiler:
"Rheel Neh'mu"... Rheely...?
Anyhow. The case started of a little blah to me, especially the part about Maya being accused once again. On the other hand, it works for story purposes, such as giving Phoenix a good reason to bother to take a case in the country despite the culpability act, and also to mirror the Inmee-couple's story. It's just so, so overdone (although I guess I'll just have to blame Takumi on that part).

With its place in the game so far, I like it. That is, the story part of it kept me captured with what we got to know about the country and the rebels and so forth, which surely will come in handy later in the overall plot (and last case, I presume), and the story behind the case itself was interesting and also fueled the plot with the whole "this proves how much the legal system sucks"- thing. It was also a nice contrast to the previous, more lighthearted (as lighthearted as a murder case can be, anyway) filler-case. This one turned out quite heavy, both story-wise and information-wise, and I left it kind of exhausted.
My biggest problem with the case are those moments when you've figured out something before Phoenix, and then have to wait until he/the story catches up before you can do aything with it. Surely, in a game like this it's inevitable that it happens every once in a while, it's just that in this particular case I found it happen a lot, and with a lot I mean... a lot. Meanwhile, the Apollo-reveal was really anti-climactic and out of the blue xD Phoenix was like "Nahyuta is Dhurke's son???!! ...oh, and there's Apollo too. I like that guy." Anyway, in conclusion, I like it thinking back of it, but I don't know if I'd have the patience and energy to replay it.
It was nice seeing good ol' Maya again (although I think they could've been a little braver and done more with her, she looks basically the same and has basically the same animations as in the trilogy), and a good ol' spirit-channeling. The High priest's happiness with "his" hair was cute :D I also liked Beh'leeb and Datz.

(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

Bolt Storm wrote:
Case 3 has a great second day but the first day felt pointless even while I was playing it.

This has yet to click for me the same way. I have only just made it to the trial, so maybe that's what you implied, but the investigation was fine I thought. You don't reach a whole lot of information but it does well in characterizing some of the characters and recontextualizing Phoenix and Maya (which is good for the standalone-ness of this particular story), the whole scene with the royal palace or whatever it was was also pretty important to show to add a sense of the bigger picture.

Biggest gripe I have with the case regarding investigation day 1 is that Ema's reunion with Phoenix is poorly handled. It's like they saw each other yesterday, they're just like "Oh, hi, didn't know you were here. Let's talk about the case!" I guess they wanted to avoid having the kind of introduction she had in case 2 with Apollo twice, but that's another place where the split-protagonist stuff gets in the way then. I understand that as a player it's nice for me to feel like I am the characters I play as so in a sense I have already met Ema in case 2, but from an in-universe standpoint, that was poorly written and a shame for something I had actually looked forward to almost as much as reuniting with Maya. We never saw Nick and Ema talk in AJAA, let alone about RftA, and you only get a few references through optional dialogue and the rest of examine-dialogue with her is just punchlines about forensics like Trucy's magic panties in DD.
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney

The cape is self-fluttering

All right.

Spoiler: That's one.
Phoenix hasn't changed a bit!

Spoiler: That's two.
Maya, you haven't changed a bit either!

Spoiler: Where the hell are Sahdmadhi's beads.
Maya on trial for murder!

Spoiler: On a nicer note
So Eshiro and Yamazaki are shamelessly waxing their carrots with the epic story lube, but I think it works here. So something effed up happened twenty some odd years ago and the bullies won and decided to keep nasty laws in place in order to keep their victory. This case feels vaguely Suikoden-ish, what with the revolution and the underhanded moves behind the scenes.

I didn't see Dhurke being an ex-lawyer, but it makes sense. Rayfa's dad is a turd, and I'm guessing Dhurke REALLY got in his way around the time the previous queen was murdered.

Life did slap Rayfa in the face, but a little earlier than I had predicted.

Spoiler: trial
It still bugs me that Phoenix flounders so damn much. Maybe not so much the fact he feels lost, but the way he expresses himself. I expect him to mess up every now and then, but... I'm still waiting for that poker face from AJ to make more of an appearance than AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA or NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO or THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING every five seconds. Now come on, Yamazaki. It's great you've got Phoenix's personality and M.O. from AA down pat. Now try to catch up about ten years, the man is not a greenhorn. There's no reason for him to conveniently forget something for the sake of plot when the player can clearly see what's coming up.

The Séance parts were interesting but I admit I needed to consult a FAQ for a couple of the responses - just couldn't quite match the statement to the vision.

The tattoo thing bugged me too. It seemed a bit convenient.

Spoiler: Steel Samurai
Thank you, case. You have officially destroyed my desire to ever hear the Steel Samurai theme again.

JFC, could the references be any more shoehorned? Yeah, I get the music played a part in the trial. There was still no need to bring SS into so many conversations and investigated items. Once or twice is fine. I don't want to be beaten about the head with it.

Spoiler: I've got some appreciation Inmee
Hey Abbott
The scene between Tahrust and Beh'leeb at the end was pretty sweet.

Spoiler: randomness
It also kind of bugged me how reckless Phoenix was being during investigation. It was like he lost all consideration for everything and everyone.

Accompanying kids while there's an escaped convict on the loose? Let's leave them all by themselves while we chase something that isn't a guarantee!

Rebel guy pours his heart out and entrusts a secret place to Phoenix? Let's sell them the fuck out without a second thought! (Yes, I get his and Maya's lives were on the line, and I'm not shocked he went through with it, but the absence of "...hmm, this is a little messed up to do to someone" was really strange.)

Spoiler: Apollo
Wow, okay. I'm wondering how in the hell he ended up over there when he was in an orphanage. Did Dhurke toss him back for his own safety after the DCA was put into place? I'm guessing that'll be answered soon.

Spoiler: point to ponder
If a spirit's memories end at the moment of its demise, what is all this talk about multiple hells or spirits watching over the living? If you can channel a spirit from ancient times, doesn't that imply there isn't really a place they go to? And even if there is, with the lack of memory, what's the point in condemning someone to hell? Will they even know a hell took place? Or do they only channel spirits they're certain haven't gone to hell? It's all very self-serving to me. (I know their religion is wacky anyway, but that just stuck out at me.)

Not the worst case, but it did drag on. I know I'm complaining a bit, but I did enjoy it. Not to mention, I did literally ROFLMAO at the spirit channeling.
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

Okay, the seance was fine in trial day 1, but dear lord, these testimonies are so obvious, are they even trying?

The second one literally is about the very contradiction in it ans nothing else. I could tell everything that has been revealed so far coming a mile away.

Nahyuta isn't getting any better either. He speaks in nonsensical prattle and makes Phoenix look stupid for even bothering to make catchy comebacks to that drivel in his monologues. The anecdote about adding 100 years in hell for every sin was not even close to witty. It's a bunch of airheaded nonsense. He really is the Courtney 2.0. I almost dislike everything he says that shows his characteristics. His arguing of case matters is fine... I mean, it's nothing new, he's just referring to the writer's own logical counterpoint as any of these Yamazaki rivals do.

Addendum:
Spoiler: later in the case
Phoenix: "The witness glided down from the prison area, meaning he is Lady Killer!"

C'mon Phoenix, you're not usually this stupid.

Spoiler: more
Nahyuta: "If you're as smart as you seem, you've surely figured out this riddle. Namely the riddle of Anonymous's true identity

This game is patronizing right now >_>

Quick fix:
Spoiler:
cut this whole filler conversation back to when I pointed out that this guy flew in his chute, and ask Phoenix to present why the witness came from the prison, stupid.

Addendum2:

WHAT!? they forgot to add a "TAKE THAT" when I presented the big one. What the hell is it with this trial segment? It's awful >.<

Anyway, I beat day 1.
Spoiler:
The last developments were great, even if that was the strangest Guilty reversal yet. I like that the suspicion of Maya is actually more serious of a crime than usual this time

But still... The body of trial day 1 in this case sucked. That was pretty darn boring and way too straightforward. In general with this game I've found the investigations are great but the trials are just too poorly paces. I did like how much effort they put into the presentation of case 2 though.

Racing through the sky like a Missile

Jean Descole wrote:
Spoiler: point to ponder
If a spirit's memories end at the moment of its demise, what is all this talk about multiple hells or spirits watching over the living? If you can channel a spirit from ancient times, doesn't that imply there isn't really a place they go to? And even if there is, with the lack of memory, what's the point in condemning someone to hell? Will they even know a hell took place? Or do they only channel spirits they're certain haven't gone to hell? It's all very self-serving to me. (I know their religion is wacky anyway, but that just stuck out at me.)

Spoiler:
Not to defend this wacky religion, but I believe like with East Asian faiths like Buddhism, it has to do with a disconnect between the spirit and the mind. While one's mind holds memories of their life, one's spirit holds one's character, and regardless of what happens to mind or body, the spirit continues to exist in some ethereal afterlife. What spirits of the dead actually do there, who knows, but it's a nice thought to consider for their well-being in peace, rather than in some depths of hell of eternal punishment that can last into their next life or something.

Now, how it all applies to whatever the hell happens in Ghost Trick, that's for another time.

The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

The miracle never happen

Spoiler:
Actually, Tahrust Inmee seemed to not know if he was in the twilight realm or not when he got summoned, and apparently, when a spirit is summoned, they only remember what happened when they were alive, so doesn't that mean that if there is a twilight realm, it's impossible to retain memories of it? Also if the mind holds the memories, does that mean the spirit takes over the mind of the medium? It's so confusing :larry:

"There is but one last shred of cheer for a soul far beyond redemption: The bitter darkness that lies at the very bottom of this mug."
-Diego Armando

Kessler wrote:
Spoiler:
Actually, Tahrust Inmee seemed to not know if he was in the twilight realm or not when he got summoned, and apparently, when a spirit is summoned, they only remember what happened when they were alive, so doesn't that mean that if there is a twilight realm, it's impossible to retain memories of it? Also if the mind holds the memories, does that mean the spirit takes over the mind of the medium? It's so confusing :larry:

Spoiler:
Going by standard logic, yes, it'd be impossible to retain memories of the twilight realm. That said, I don't personally believe memories from there exist can be shared with memories of one's life. Whether or not it leaves everyone with some sort of memory disorder upon death, who knows.

But one thing is for sure: spirits retain memories of life after death when they are channeled. Perhaps those memories simply get stored elsewhere until they're drawn from again?

The medium's spirit during channeling essentially disappears... how isn't clear. Do they dissipate into the twilight realm like all other spirits and experience it through a different memory? I'd expect that spirit has to go somewhere if a body can only hold one. In the meantime, the medium's mind and body are overtaken by the spirit's mind and body, and then... somehow... the spirit keeps memories of their life...?

Yeah, I'm done here. This is why Edgeworth doesn't believe in spirit channeling despite it happening around him all the time.

The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu

Surf's Up!

Spoiler: Channelling stuff
In this case, it says that the Kurain Channelling Technique originated in Khura'in, but 2-2 states that the Kurain Channelling Technique was started by Ami Fey. Contradiction, much?

Indochine Ramera wrote:
Spoiler: About Spirit-related stuff
and by that I mean that we have new rules when it comes to channelling spirits: you can't call in a spirit if you don't know the name & the face of the dead person.

In 3-5, Pearl was supposed to channel Dahlia Hawthorne and was given a photograph of Dahlia along with Morgan's instructions, so it's not exactly new rules.

The miracle never happen

NinjaMonkey wrote:
In this case, it says that the Kurain Channelling Technique originated in Khura'in, but 2-2 states that the Kurain Channelling Technique was started by Ami Fey. Contradiction, much?

Spoiler:
Is it possible that the Kurain Channeling Technique is different from the technique used in Khura'in? And even if it isn't, who cares? It was kind of a given when they literally just added a new country which is full of spirit mediums.

"There is but one last shred of cheer for a soul far beyond redemption: The bitter darkness that lies at the very bottom of this mug."
-Diego Armando

Kessler wrote:
NinjaMonkey wrote:

Spoiler:
Is it possible that the Kurain Channeling Technique is different from the technique used in Khura'in?

Spoiler:
Basically this. I don't remember if they said specifically that the Kurain Channeling Technique originated in Khura'in, but I was under the impression that spirit channeling did start there, and that Ami Fey took it with her overseas and fine-tuned it.

"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

Beauty and grace.

Thunder84 wrote:
I dunno if it was just me, but..

Spoiler: Case 3, Day 1 Seance
For whatever reason, the third contradiction with the lamp was really finicky for me. It took 3 times, with the correct statement, to get it right.

Ah same, I had to look at a guide because I was confused since I was sure that was the contradiction but it wasn't working.

As for my opinion on this case...

Spoiler:
OH MY GOD IT WAS SUPER ANNOYING. Like the case itself was pretty interesting and the whole storybuilding with Datz and the Defiant Dragons was really intriguing, but Rayfa was SUPER FUCKING ANNOYING. Any time she opened her mouth I wanted to deck her. And I absolutely could not understand why Phoenix would ever sympathize with a girl who's actively trying to get him and Maya the death sentence. It was super satisfying to see Maya shut her up by channeling Tahrust.

Speaking of channeling Tahrust, that was an amazing segment. Easily my favorite part of the entire case.

I was certain that Beh'luub was the killer, but I didn't expect that Tahrust had committed suicide or that Puhray was the rebel hunter. This case also had some points that stumped me (some were not intuitive [like having to present the rebel hideout photo when Tahrust said, 'It must have been heavy' while some made sense but I was just dumb [like that Maya couldn't have summoned Kheera because she didn't know her face]). The ending was pretty good though, and I like that Tahrust and Beh'luub had truly loved one another.

NinjaMonkey wrote:

Spoiler:
She could have brought it over from Khura'in, where's the contradiction?

What did he do this time...?

I have a lot of thoughts about this case, but I'll just post whatever comes to mind.

Spoiler:
It was a bizarre case... but I don't mean that in a bad way. It was refreshing to have a case do so many different things... I mean, double murder, Phoenix actually getting a guilty sentence, the killer immediately surrendering, suicide, Seances and Spirit Channeling... it was a lot to take in. Not to mention the final witness was the victim himself. Which was a bit disturbing, I must say.

I was a bit disappointed by the end of the case. Beh'leeb turns out to be a killer and Tahrust straight up killed himself... which I thought wasn't a great idea for suicide. Puh'ray turns out to be Kee'ra, which is a bit of a letdown. And then at the end of the case Beh'leeb simply walks away trying to spark the revolution, even though she just admitted to murder (or at least involuntary murder). That kinda confused me.

Datz Are'bal was kinda interesting, though his testimony on Day 1 turns out to be a lie and pointless. And then he proceeds to escape the courtroom even though Nahyuta knew who he was around 10 minutes before Phoenix revealed his identity. And they just let him escape... Also, one other thing that bothered me: Datz's laugh animation looked the exact same as Bobby Fulbright's. Are they just re-using an animation/sprite?

Also, Nahyuta has been a bore. He's currently my least favorite prosecutor in the series so far, but there's still time for him to get better. He just doesn't do much for me.

Well, for all the complaining I seem to have done, I did actually enjoy this one, but probably not as much as the first two cases. I'm liking this game more than DD - that game's third case was bland and a bore until the villain's form change. They've definitely kept things fresh so far - at least we're not bogged in mediocrity.

I'll probably post more thoughts if they ever return to my head.

Want to play my custom-made Ace Attorney case made on Ace Attorney Online? (you must be using Firefox to run it)
Turnabout Destiny

Wotter boy

Spoiler: About Spirit Channelling, a bit of Case 5 info hopefully not too spoilery
It's stated at the beginning of Case 5 that Ami was related to the Holy Mother, and she took their techniques to Japan, and fine tuned it and then it was brought to Kurain.

NinjaMonkey wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Pretty much like what other users said. It indeed originated in Khura'in, but then Ami Fey brought it to Japan/the US. They clearly state this in 6-5. That's basically how Buddhism was introduced in Japan.

It is very likely that Ami Fey was Khura'inese, maybe a member of the royal family or the queen herself, since she mastered a technique that should have been solely known to the queen of Khura'in.

Nevertheless, the first difference between Kurain and Khura'in channeling that comes to mind is the Magatama of Parting, that apparently doesn't exist in Kurain. Morgan once said you can remove a spirit and send it back to the afterlife without its consent by using the "Spirit Severing Technique"; so, it seems Ami Fey actually somehow improved the technique, she didn't just "imported" it.

Gregory... Tomorrow, I'm heading towards that fateful place with your son. To find out the truth of 18 years ago...

Danchat wrote:
Spoiler:
I was a bit disappointed by the end of the case. Beh'leeb turns out to be a killer and Tahrust straight up killed himself... which I thought wasn't a great idea for suicide. Puh'ray turns out to be Kee'ra, which is a bit of a letdown. And then at the end of the case Beh'leeb simply walks away trying to spark the revolution, even though she just admitted to murder (or at least involuntary murder). That kinda confused me.

Spoiler:
What was confusing about Beh'leeb walking away?

...NAILED IT

Leader of SCWRM Comms

FenrirDarkWolf wrote:
So I'm keeping time stamps off my run times...
the rite of turnabout-
start-> 12:53PM
inv1 end-> 2:46PM
court1 start-> 7:51PM
court1 end-> 10:10PM
inv2 start-> 10:20PM
inv2 end-> 12:00AM
court2 start-> 12:57AM
court2 end-> 3:08AM
approx. time-> 8hrs and 3 mins
jfc this took almost twice as long as Case 2

Makes sense. It is like, twice the length of Case 2 to begin with. Lol.

What did he do this time...?

Jean Descole wrote:
Danchat wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
She admitted to accidentally murdering Zeh'lot. Shouldn't she be arrested and tried to see if it was an accident?

Want to play my custom-made Ace Attorney case made on Ace Attorney Online? (you must be using Firefox to run it)
Turnabout Destiny

The miracle never happen

Danchat wrote:
Jean Descole wrote:
Danchat wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
She admitted to accidentally murdering Zeh'lot. Shouldn't she be arrested and tried to see if it was an accident?

Spoiler:
It wasn't actually manslaughter, she killed him in self defense, which isn't even considered a crime in most countries.

-Diego Armando

Danchat wrote:
Jean Descole wrote:
Danchat wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
She was freed by Datz and Dhurke at the end of the trial, before she could get arrested.

Gregory... Tomorrow, I'm heading towards that fateful place with your son. To find out the truth of 18 years ago...

Sleeping is my life.

Slammer wrote:

Spoiler:
She was freed by Datz and Dhurke at the end of the trial, before she could get arrested.

Spoiler:
Oh, so that's what the scene at the end of the case was all about. I'm surprised that it didn't occurs to me that was the reason why that scene happens in the first place.

One thing that's a little annoying in this case is the evidence. You have sets of crime photos and then statements that basically point out the same things.
Spoiler: ...like
I just wasted, what, 3 game-overs on presenting the Inner Sanctum Photo to prove the water was already red because I thought I had already exhausted this possibility by presenting Maya's statement which also mentions that fact.

Spoiler: 3-5 and 6-3
The first thing I saw when I saw the "crime scene" in this case was...
- the lamps and the snow.
- Instant deja-vu to 3-5.
- ...It's really gonna be like 3-5 isn't it?
- day 2 trial: "The snow was removed to cover up the crime!"
god damn it.

Okay, okay. I'm being too pessimistic now. They actually went out of their way to reuse this plot-point in an original way for what it's worth, since the body was kept cold using the snow rather than the snow simply being removed to cover up traces of blood (because Godot can't see red :godot:)

W-wait... what is this...!? A recess!? In AA6? What in the world? An actual save point between the start and end point of a segment, astonishable! :redd:

Gettin' Old!

Man...

Spoiler: Maya's summoning technique. Trial day 2 part 2
Well...I always feel it's been an unspoken thing "What if Maya channelled a dude?" ever since DoMaya's old avatar of ultra manly Maya with a spectacularly square jaw.

I can't say how happy I am these issues I didn't even want addressed are being addressed.

Revelations come forth...apparently Maya undergoes a full sex change rather than just physique/facial changes. I cringed a little when Abbot Inmee burst forth from her Kimono only to find her breasts had disappeared entirely.

It's like so dumb but wow that's FUNNY.

Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Anyone got a hint?

Spoiler: Trial 1 Divination
So we just found out that Kee'ra was standing in the water but I have no clue how the positions changing changes anything about the crime right now

I also clicked the broken lantern but nothing seems to happen? WHY

Nevermind, got it. Just very precise clicking. Ugh

I only finished the first trial but jesus, this is an annoying case so far. Almost every contradiction seems like it should've either had a more logical answer or alternate acceptable ones. The "calm skies" one was especially bullshit. Weather reports will also account for a little wind? Really? No wind that high up?

Nayuta is a lot more enjoyable now but this was also egregious:

Nayuta: Didn't I say you were chasing a deluded fantasy?
*flashback*
Nayuta: You're chasing a deluded fantasy

I agree, the first day of trial and investigation is boring and frustrating. Don't worry, though, it picks up a lot on the second day.

Gettin' Old!

Just beat it....

Aw man that's sad.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

I still haven't finished but I'll also say that this case has officially made Rayfa my favorite new character from this game. I love her smug smile with her hands on hips, really reminds me a lot of young Franzy

Also what's up with this case not adding everyone to profiles? The queen and justice minister are absent and they don't even have
Spoiler: Name
Datz Are'bal...also can someone explain the pun on his name? It seems really obvious but I have no idea

I've felt worse.

JesusMonroe wrote:
Datz Are'bal...also can someone explain the pun on his name? It seems really obvious but I have no idea

Spoiler:
That's horrible

"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

Ugh that is horrible

JesusMonroe wrote:
I still haven't finished but I'll also say that this case has officially made Rayfa my favorite new character from this game. I love her smug smile with her hands on hips, really reminds me a lot of young Franzy

Also what's up with this case not adding everyone to profiles? The queen and justice minister are absent and they don't even have

Spoiler:
The wiki says it's 'that's a rebel'

That makes more sense

Gettin' Old!

JesusMonroe wrote:
That makes more sense

Pffft

Spoiler:
I think "that's horrible" works as a double meaning. Besides there's a couple of double meaning puns in my eyes. "PUH'RAY ZEH'LOT" is simple in that he prays a lot. Though I didn't even see that initially. I thought the pun was something about a "purist zealot" which still works ish.

Made by Chesu+Zombee

luck wrote:
JesusMonroe wrote:

Spoiler:
The wiki says it's 'that's a rebel'

Spoiler:
I prefer "that's horrible." It's funnier and fits him better. He's always pulling something awful and then laughing at the reaction he gets. He's like the Larry Butz of Khura'in, but with double the opportunities to get himself into trouble.

...NAILED IT

Gettin' Old!

So I got a problem with the end of the case.

Spoiler: End of Case 3 spoilers
I don't quite get why he had to commit suicide. They say it had to be done because it would protect the hideout but I don't quite get it.

Puh'ray was killed in an extremely sacred and private place. Even if no one had seen him in months it would easy to spin a story about how he had left on a pilgrimage to other lands. No one would dare investigate the inner sanctuary for murder and the water could have eventually been purged. Even if he had been found the Divination Seance didn't really have anything that could have incriminated Behleeb. No one else knew about the difference in the theme songs or even about the switch up. For Maya they could have easily just insisted on Behleeb powering through in spite of her pregnancy. They are both rebels and could easily have just fluffed the rite to maintain her safety and the protection of the sanctuary right?

Made by Chesu+Zombee

Pierre wrote:

I don't quite get why he had to commit suicide. They say it had to be done because it would protect the hideout but I don't quite get it.

Puh'ray was killed in an extremely sacred and private place. Even if no one had seen him in months it would easy to spin a story about how he had left on a pilgrimage to other lands. No one would dare investigate the inner sanctuary for murder and the water could have eventually been purged. Even if he had been found the Divination Seance didn't really have anything that could have incriminated Behleeb. No one else knew about the difference in the theme songs or even about the switch up. For Maya they could have easily just insisted on Behleeb powering through in spite of her pregnancy. They are both rebels and could easily have just fluffed the rite to maintain her safety and the protection of the sanctuary right?

Spoiler:
I think the problem with spinning a story about Puh'ray is that they didn't have a way to dispose of the body. The most the Abbott could do was hide it in the snow to mislead the time of death, but after that, the snow would have eventually melted away and the body would be lying out in the open. I highly doubt they could keep up the story for "months" since Inga did mention that he had a special "plan" and Puh'ray actually is pretty important in it. It wouldn't do to find out he's gone missing all of a sudden. That'd just lead Inga to suspect them further. By setting Maya up for murder, that was the best, even if risky, option they could take.

JesusMonroe wrote:
Nayuta: Didn't I say you were chasing a deluded fantasy?
*flashback*
Nayuta: You're chasing a deluded fantasy

What is up with this anyway? Why did they go back to AJAA-style flashbacks where they're completely redundant or encapsulate way more than the significant lines of dialogue, again? Is there some staff member back on the team now whose role was to delegate flashbacks in AJAA or something? x)

Yabba Dabba Doo

Rubia Ryu the Royal wrote:
Pierre wrote:

Spoiler:
I think the problem with spinning a story about Puh'ray is that they didn't have a way to dispose of the body. The most the Abbott could do was hide it in the snow to mislead the time of death, but after that, the snow would have eventually melted away and the body would be lying out in the open. I highly doubt they could keep up the story for "months" since Inga did mention that he had a special "plan" and Puh'ray actually is pretty important in it. It wouldn't do to find out he's gone missing all of a sudden. That'd just lead Inga to suspect them further. By setting Maya up for murder, that was the best, even if risky, option they could take.

Spoiler:
I highly doubt it had to do with removing the body. Maybe I'm missing something, but couldn't they have just thrown it over the cliff?

As for my guess, IIRC the water in the fountain got turned red. Not only would that show that a murder occurred, but it would also reveal the rebel hideout. Abbot Inmee stabbed himself on the sword so his blood got into the fountain, which covered up Zehlot's blood.

Gettin' Old!

Thunder84 wrote:
Rubia Ryu the Royal wrote:
Pierre wrote:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
I highly doubt it had to do with removing the body. Maybe I'm missing something, but couldn't they have just thrown it over the cliff?

As for my guess, IIRC the water in the fountain got turned red. Not only would that show that a murder occurred, but it would also reveal the rebel hideout. Abbot Inmee stabbed himself on the sword so his blood got into the fountain, which covered up Zehlot's blood.

Spoiler:
Yeah but the area of the crime is not only secret, it's in an EXTREMELY forbidden area only the Priest and his family normally can access. He'd have plenty of time to change the water. They could always have kept the body in the hideout and buried it when the ground thawed. Again the area is so private that no one would found it.

Made by Chesu+Zombee

Page 2 of 4 [ 121 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Kingdom of Khura'in (GS6)