Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Kingdom of Khura'in (GS6)

Page 3 of 4[ 140 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Re: AA6 open-spoiler discussion threadTopic%20Title

Wotter boy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxsi37Q ... w0RMDFl_ah

Yayyyy pre-order DLC yayyyy

When no other bird dares to take wing.

FenrirDarkWolf wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxsi37Qq7Go&index=67&list=PL7t2jchBKMfc7iW71HovXnbw0RMDFl_ah

Yayyyy pre-order DLC yayyyy

I can't tell what's being said, but the animation where Pearl looks through her fingers is beyond adorable.

迷探偵

chariset wrote:
I can't tell what's being said, but the animation where Pearl looks through her fingers is beyond adorable.

The Phoenix early-bird-DLC is about:
Spoiler:
Phoenix finding himself in the Kurain courtroom, when suddenly a terrorist disguised as a guard barges in and demands Leifa as a hostage. To stall for time, Pearl claims *she* is Leifa. Bokto, who is acting as Pearl's guide in Kurain, can't have one of his customers getting taken away by terrorists (it's bad for business), so he insists she is not Leifa. Phoenix plays along with Pearl and tries to prove she is indeed Leifa.

The Apollo early-bird-DLC is about:
Spoiler:
Leifa wanting to stay one more day in Japan for sightseeing (Apollo and Klavier were accompanying her during her visit to Japan). The Kurain Minister of Justice however wants her back for work, and Leifa decides to hold a trial so she can stay for one day. Leifa has a certain place she wants to go to, a place in Japan she onec saw on TV, but she can't remember the details and Apollo has to figure out what that place is.

"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

Could someone provide a rough translation of the dialogue here for me? I'm dying to know why Edgeworth decided to accessorize with a small dog.

https://youtu.be/DieDAyrsoRA?t=25s

Wotter boy

https://youtu.be/RqBfU-7oZe0?list=PL7t2 ... _ah&t=2298
BOING

Hot Dog

FenrirDarkWolf wrote:
https://youtu.be/RqBfU-7oZe0?list=PL7t2jchBKMfc7iW71HovXnbw0RMDFl_ah&t=2298
BOING

The witness will refrain from wonton winking!

Everyone = Guilty

chariset wrote:
Could someone provide a rough translation of the dialogue here for me? I'm dying to know why Edgeworth decided to accessorize with a small dog.

https://youtu.be/DieDAyrsoRA?t=25s

This is THE BEST THING IN THE UNIVERSE

My Thoughts on the game gose as follows

Case 1: The Best first case of the lot AND WHY IS PAYNE CHEIF PROSECUTOR

Case 2: A not Bad Case Great Naytua Intro The Return Of Ema Made me faint in dissbelief And i called the tv guy was the killer

Case 3: One Of the better 3rd cases but 1 problum MAYA DID NOT NEED TO BE IN THIS GAME AND HOLY SH"T APOLLO AND NAYUTA ARE BROTHERS AND DURK IS THEIR FATHER

Case 4: Only 2 things I like about this case 1st Athena is the Defense Team leader 2nd Blackquill as the aide BECAUSE OF THIS BLACKQUILL NEEDS TO TRADE HIS PROSECUTORS BADGE FOR A DEFESE BADGE

Case 5: 5 Words in my opinion Bridge to the Turnabout 2.0

DLC Case: Not a bad one larry has a great return for this and one thing why is :edgeworth: the prosecution in this case

Case Rankings

6. Case 4
5. Dlc Case
4. Case 2
3. Case 1
2. Case 3
1. Case 5

Last edited by Apollojustice12345 on Sat Jul 02, 2016 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wotter boy

Honestly Athena, you need to stop getting tied up in court.

FenrirDarkWolf wrote:
Honestly Athena, you need to stop getting tied up in court.

If you had Simon Blackquill right there to save you, surely being in distress wouldn't be so bad...

Wotter boy

by the by...

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

FenrirDarkWolf wrote:
by the by...

HE'S BAAAAAAAAAACK!!!!!!
POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Wotter boy

Yash K. Productions wrote:
HE'S BAAAAAAAAAACK!!!!!!

Well, in the credits anyway.

Yabba Dabba Doo

After watching the playthroughs of this game again, I honestly think that the villains are much, much better in this game compared to DD. Hell, Puuko (My least favorite one) is better than all the DD villains IMO (Not counting Rimes as a villain here)

Wotter boy

Thunder84 wrote:
After watching the playthroughs of this game again, I honestly think that the villains are much, much better in this game compared to DD. Hell, Puuko (My least favorite one) is better than all the DD villains IMO (Not counting Rimes as a villain here)

I feel like they all had better motivations for killing too, imho
tbh, I just like SoJ way more than DD

1000% Knight

It's so weird how they stopped doing two characters on-screen, except for one frame in case 5, the end of case 6, and the credits
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

Wotter boy

Bad Player wrote:
It's so weird how they stopped doing two characters on-screen, except for one frame in case 5, the end of case 6, and the credits

I think Mimi and Kiki was the only time there was a dual testimony in the main game?
I honestly liked the multiple people giving a testimony at once idea.

1000% Knight

yeah there's them but they're twins so they don't count

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Bad Player wrote:
yeah there's them but they're twins so they don't count

Fun fact: Mimi and Kiki are the second set of twins in the series after Iris and Dahlia Hawthorne.
POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Wotter boy

So, for everything we've seen so far when it comes to channelling, the medium's hair style and colour stay the same.
So when Amara channels Druk, then... how did she get her hair to be black unless she used a wig? Rather odd...
Unless Khura'in channelling is a bit different than Kurain channelling.

1000% Knight

she used a wig

Ace Fangirl

Ooh, that was actually confirmed?

1000% Knight

Well, either that or she used L'Belle's quick-wash-out hair dye.

Racing through the sky like a Missile

I can actually believe that. There was a conspicuous bottle of hairdye in Inga's room.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

迷探偵

Yes, she used the I Am Biyoin Hairspray you see in Inga's room. I don't think it's stated in so many words in the actual game, but it is definitely one of the hints developers left for players to find in second playthroughs on purpose. It's not difficult, but you do need to figure it out yourself.

- In episode 3, when Maya channels the priest, they make it a point to show that her hair and color stayed the same (emphasized in orange text).
- In episode 5, you see the I Am Biyoin hairspray. When you examine it, you find out it's black and they suggest then that Inga uses it.
- Inga and Druk both have black hair.
- Amara does not have black hair.
- You find out that Amara first channels Inga in Inga's room, and Druk immediately after that.

-> Amara dyed her hair with I Am Biyoin when she first channeled Inga, and her hair was still black when she channeled Druk.
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

Wotter boy

Ash wrote:
Yes, she used the I Am Biyoin Hairspray you see in Inga's room. I don't think it's stated in so many words in the actual game, but it is definitely one of the hints developers left for players to find in second playthroughs on purpose. It's not difficult, but you do need to figure it out yourself.

- In episode 3, when Maya channels the priest, they make it a point to show that her hair and color stayed the same (emphasized in orange text).
- In episode 5, you see the I Am Biyoin hairspray. When you examine it, you find out it's black and they suggest then that Inga uses it.
- Inga and Druk both have black hair.
- Amara does not have black hair.
- You find out that Amara first channels Inga in Inga's room, and Druk immediately after that.

-> Amara dyed her hair with I Am Biyoin when she first channeled Inga, and her hair was still black when she channeled Druk.

I guess L'Belle, or whoever he was working with, finally made it available for sale after he was arrested.

Ace Fangirl

That is a genius callback to L'Belle.

Wotter boy

I like how literally every returning character has a new profile that's just SLIGHTLY different than their old one (even Klavier, who only appears in pre-order DLC!). The biggest change is the colours are a bit less vibrant than their DD counterparts. Except for Trucy... who gets a completely new profile to go along with her bigger role (if her head is tilted, then she's has a bigger role!).

All of these were ripped from screencaps from the game from the MiiVerse site.
DD on left, SoJ on right
Image Image -His head is quite a bit thinner
Image Image -His hair is lighter
Image Image -The thick black outline around the white part is gone and his skin is darker
Image Image -His tones are a little duller
Image Image -His hair isn't as bright and he's tanner

Also a lot of them, while in the same post, are cut around a slightly different part, probably most obvious with Klavier, whose starts lower down on his shoulder.

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

That bottle of "Couleur Me L'Belle" was a plot point?!

Ace Fangirl

Colour me L'Belle washes out with water, so unless L'Belle's marketing team fixed that little problem, Amara had better hope it doesn't start raining while channeling Druk. :')

Wotter boy

Can I just say I love all the villains in this game? They all have so much personality to me, it's crazy.

Heavy Metal Jesus, Robert Downey Jr.: The Magician Years, a husband and wife whose story's so sad I want to cry (also they're both bad-a. revolutionaries), a crazy rakugo balloon chick, an slimeball politician, THE FREAKING QUEEN, and a butler surgeon.

They're even weirder than DD's, but I like them all better.

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

I just wonder how they're going to localize Kiyoki's nameplate to make it horizontal.

It's going to be possible. If the localization team can change the orientation of Fulbright's wallet, as well as Means' breakdown, they can change this, too.

FenrirDarkWolf wrote:
Can I just say I love all the villains in this game? They all have so much personality to me, it's crazy.

Heavy Metal Jesus, Robert Downey Jr.: The Magician Years, a husband and wife whose story's so sad I want to cry (also they're both bad-a. revolutionaries), a crazy rakugo balloon chick, an slimeball politician, THE FREAKING QUEEN, and a butler surgeon.

They're even weirder than DD's, but I like them all better.

Technically, Puuko wasn't a rakugo chick. It's kinda how the whole crime got started.

But I definitely agree, even regarding the cast of new characters in general. Case in point, the multi-personality rakugo player was such a genius move that 6-4 is now one of my favorite filler cases in the series (though, I just have a special place in my heart for 1-3). And that's just the filler case.

This game was only improved further with the references (parallels, almost) to Journey to the West. I could go on all about it, but maybe I should save it for another thread...

Thinking about it, even either of the audio dramas associated with this game is better than the one that came with GS5. The culprits there were both pretty sympathetic, and aside from the derpiness of the main cast, they had some solid roles as well.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu

Wotter boy

Rubia Ryu the Royal wrote:
Technically, Puuko wasn't a rakugo chick. It's kinda how the whole crime got started.

Wait, I thought Puuko was one of Bakufuu's rakugo students as well?

Wotter boy

Rubia Ryu the Royal wrote:

Wait, I thought Puuko was one of Bakufuu's rakugo students as well?

She had been, but quit when she wasn't chosen to inherit the rights to Bakufuu's art. I think it was about a year ago when she quit? I don't remember enough to say for sure why she wasn't qualified (despite having been the first and longer student), though.

迷探偵

She was still Bakufū's disciple, that is why she still had the Senpūtei name (you don't get to keep a name if you're not part of the 'family'). She was just not good at rakugo, which is why she did balloons and also why Bakufū tried to convince her she shouldn't be chasing after her father's title and his art, but that she should be trying to go her own way in the entertainment world.

Ok, my bad. I had the impression there was some other reason, but I must have glanced over the case too quickly. I figured she was still a student of his somehow, given the name, but somehow didn't connect the dots. What was I recalling that was from "a year ago", then? Was that when she started the balloon art profession?

Re: AA6 open-spoiler discussion thread: Case 5Topic%20Title

So guys, during case 5 (aka Ace Attorney:Civil War)
-It says that Trucy sides with her father, but the wiki also states that Trucy is a defence team assistant.
-I hope we get to play as Phoenix so I don't have to see Apollo kick Phoenix right up main street!
-Edgeworth returns!
-Apollo leaves the agency to work with Sadmadhi to reform the legal system in Khura'in.

:phoenix: v :apollo: dawn of justice
or if u are a marvel fan like me

:phoenix: :edgeworth: :maya: :pearl: vs :athena: :simon: :apollo:
ACE ATTORNEY: CIVIL WAR

#WRIGHT OR #JUSTICE
I CHOOSE WRIIGHT!!!!
When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth. A prosecutor is one who seeks the conviction of a defendant. But I don't think that's all we are....[marquee[img src="AAI_Miles_Edgeworth_Full_Running_West_1.gif] Chasing da truth on a daily basis!][/marquee]

Wotter boy

MilesEdgeworth2001 wrote:
So guys, during case 5 (aka Ace Attorney:Civil War)
-It says that Trucy sides with her father, but the wiki also states that Trucy is a defence team assistant.
-I hope we get to play as Phoenix so I don't have to see Apollo kick Phoenix right up main street!
-Edgeworth returns!
-Apollo leaves the agency to work with Sadmadhi to reform the legal system in Khura'in.

-In the California investigation part, prior to the trial, Trucy goes with Apollo and Druk to investigate at Kurain, mostly because Phoenix isn't home yet and Athena's at the airport waiting for him, but, when her father comes, she goes with her father, although stating that she's on no one's side.
-We do. About half of the Khura'in investigation is played as Phoenix+Edgeoworth.
-Indeed! He does pretty much the exact same thing he did in DD without the trial part. Shows up and investigates.
-Indeed he does.

FenrirDarkWolf wrote:
-Indeed! He does pretty much the exact same thing he did in DD without the trial part. Shows up and investigates.

I wouldn't say he does pretty much what he did in DD. In 5-5, he was still the prosecutor in charge of the case. In 6-5, he's on no case and is basically a tourist in Khura'in. It was just by accident that I wandered off course during it, but some of the idle dialogue between the two childhood friends are quite touching; others quite amusing.

Granted, Phoenix is still investigating on his end, but I get the impression Edgeworth is just around to act high and mighty.

Page 3 of 4 [ 140 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Kingdom of Khura'in (GS6)