Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Kingdom of Khura'in (GS6)

Page 4 of 7[ 275 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Re: DLC case discussion thread (tagged spoilers)Topic%20Title

SoJ-dlc and Ghost Trick
Spoiler:
I hoped time travel really happened in some capacity.

It is technically canon, as Word of God confirms that the AA series takes place in the same universe as Ghost Trick, and Ghost Trick had time travel (very limited, but still), so maybe it could happen.

Deception&&contradiction

I was really getting into it..
Spoiler:
But again like Case 4, I felt the villain gave in too easily.
I even thought we'll investigate the past a bit but nope. That came later voluntarily

It showed to me that the new team can write a trilogy-standard like case which I wish they'd stick to...but...

Racing through the sky like a Missile

storryeater wrote:
SoJ-dlc and Ghost Trick
Spoiler:
I hoped time travel really happened in some capacity.

It is technically canon, as Word of God confirms that the AA series takes place in the same universe as Ghost Trick, and Ghost Trick had time travel (very limited, but still), so maybe it could happen.

Actually, Mr. Takumi never stated the two universes were the same. He simply considered the possibility they could be connected.
Spoiler:
I dunno if time travel being real would work in the context of this murder case. It'd kill all reason that the victim would try anything against Ellen if he could just steal time machine and leap to before he was blamed for anything.

The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

Enoshima Junko-chan!

Mechashadow wrote:
I was really getting into it..
Spoiler:
But again like Case 4, I felt the villain gave in too easily.
I even thought we'll investigate the past a bit but nope. That came later voluntarily

It showed to me that the new team can write a trilogy-standard like case which I wish they'd stick to...but...

Only when they're not constrained by the plot of the main game.

A New Chapter of Trials!

I thought that was a pretty cute and chill case. It was nice to break away from the extremely tense cases of the main game and it wasn't marred with the bizarre pacing problems the main game had either. I do like DD's DLC case better though. Not the mention I already knew the villain because I checked the Ace Attorney timeline in a fit after finishing 6-5 and read who killed the victim. Not that it was particularly hard to figure out anyways but whatever. I was a bit disappointed that we didn't get to use the Mood Matrix at all, but the little subplot of Trucy chasing Athena around and forcing her to be in her magic act was hilarious! I enjoyed seeing Larry again too. So while it's hardly my favorite case, it was a nice little epilogue!

Spoiler: 6-5
Man, Apollo left his stuff behind huh? Guess no one feels like cleaning up.

Eureka!

Doing the drywall at the new McDonalds

I only played a little bit so far and it seems like a nice case, but I think because of the finality of the ending it feels a little weird to be suddenly back playing a new light-hearted filler case.

I thought it would probably feel like Rise From the Ashes, but unlike that case (in which Phoenix really felt and communicated the lack of Maya and the lingering feelings from the last case) this one feels so detached that it doesn't even feel like it needs to be set after the main game. (Obviously it would be out of place in the main game, but I mean there's none of that "epilogue" feeling that 1-5 had, at least right now.

Spoiler: 6-5 and a little bit of this case
What I find to be a little irksome is that they aren't referencing Apollo leaving at all. I don't just mean not stating it; I mean that when they mention him they are so vague that it sounds like he's just down at the bar or something. My only guess is that they did this because the case is playable after Case 1, but that begs the question why they would enable that in the first place? Are there any fans who would play a post-SoJ DLC case before finishing the main game in the first place?

I wasn't expecting any real discussion about the ending, but I at least expected Phoenix or Trucy to occasionally mention that they miss him or that he's gone. Sometimes I feel like the games are too focused on not spoiling each other, even if events come before the game that the player is playing. On the other hand, I started with AJ, so I guess it's good they don't give away too much of the previous history for new players.

Either way, I'm only into the case 30 min though so apart from that aspect of it it looks interesting and fun.

I used to have Sam Waterston as my avatar but photobucket added a watermark and also Law & Order has been cancelled for 10 years so it's time for me to move on.

Wotter boy

I like Ellen.
She's cute and silly and reminds me of myself sometimes.

The video game boy; the one who wins

I actually liked the jacket still lying around. It's a sweet and casual little memory among all the other stuff lying around and Apollo himself seemed to kinda regret buying it in the first place so it figures he'd forget getting it to Khura'in. At this point it is basically part of the interior.

(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)

Enoshima Junko-chan!

I agree, I was expecting Apollo's absence to have an effect on Phoenix, Trucy, and Athena, like Rise From the Ashes. The Yamazaki games are afraid of making clear references to other games (or in this case, the main game) to avoid spoilers.

Just finished it. It was alright. It was fun having the old gang gathered again, but the case was a bit short for my taste. It also suffers from a lack of characters, like every other case in the game, except this time there's really no reason for it. And I saw most of the twists coming, some way in advance. Overall, I think it was worth buying, but it really doesn't hold a candle to Reclaimed.
Spoiler: the whole case
The Athena&Trucy comedy routine was hilarious.

Nichody has the best trash-talk in the series. Almost everything he said in his surgeon mode made me crack a laugh.

For some reason, I thought they might pull a Robin Newman/Mimi Miney combo when Selena first came up. I think I'm a little too conspiranoid when I'm playing this game.

I think the only two twists that actually surprised me were that the murder took place during the reception and that Larry moved the lantern.

Speaking of Larry, how many murder plans has this guy ruined with sheer stupidity?

luck wrote:
Speaking of Larry, how many murder plans has this guy ruined with sheer stupidity?

Spoiler:
Almost every time he makes an appearance in a game, so that's 1 from AA, 2 from T&T (though in 3-2, he didn't ruin but let it happen), 1 from AAI, 1 from AAI2, and 1 from this case. 6 times.

Hey, if you think that's a lot, check out Nick's number.

The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu

luck wrote:

Spoiler:
He messed up the murder cover-ups for Robert Hammond in Turnabout Goodbyes, Kane Bullard in The Stolen Turnabout, Elise Deauxnim/Misty Fey's death in Bridge to the Turnabout and helped Edgeworth figure out how Manny Coachen's body was moved in Turnabout Ablaze and where Pierre Hoquet's body was hidden for 18 years in The Inherited Turnabout. Finally, he screwed up the cover-up for Dumas Gloomsbury's murder in this case.

That's a grand total of 6 times. Not to mention, he put a pretty big spanner in the plans of Manfred von Karma, who notoriously had each of his trial perfectly planned over the course of his 40 year long career.

Never underestimate the power of stupidity.

Wotter boy

True ending of the DLC case: Trucy gets arrested for Athena's death because magic :v

Rubia Ryu the Royal wrote:
luck wrote:

Spoiler:
Almost every time he makes an appearance in a game, so that's 1 from AA, 2 from T&T (though in 3-2, he didn't ruin but let it happen), 1 from AAI, 1 from AAI2, and 1 from this case. 6 times.

Hey, if you think that's a lot, check out Nick's number.

Spoiler:
Actually, Atmey had planned for the security guard to get to the scene of the crime, see Delite and Bullard and come to the obvious conclussion. And the only reason he didn't got away with it is because Larrh wasn't doing his job.

Something else I forgot to mention: Some of the animations were ridiculously overdone. I actually gave up on presenting random stuff to the characters because the default response took so long.

Last edited by luck on Sun Oct 02, 2016 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ultimate Survivor

I thought it was a fun case, maybe my second favorite of the game. Like others have said, it's not as good as DD's DLC from a case construction standpoint, but it's still perfectly fine. The cast was strong and I quite liked
Spoiler: DLC ending
Dr. Nichody's animations. While he *was* pretty obvious - aren't most AA villains after a certain point? - he was very entertaining on the stand. The "Right to Remain Silent" part where you had to drag testimony out of him made him feel appropriately sinister.

Now, even if you apologize...I will not forgive you.

I largely loved it.

Except for:

Spoiler:
Edgeworth suddenly being a Turnabout-Sisters-style jack@$$ all over again.

Edgeworth: "LOL, no self-defense plea for you, even though that was really your only plausible motive, LOL! LOL, you're an unworthy bride, so you might as well confess, LOL!"

What happened to the Edgeworth I'd just worked with during Turnabout Revolution?

Last edited by Smithee on Tue Oct 04, 2016 1:43 am, edited 2 times in total.

Wotter boy

Spoiler: Post-verdict
I found it super sweet that the Judge wedded them (I posted a request for him to do that on the PWKM once.)
AND THEN THEY LITERALLY FLEW OFF AND I BURST OUT LAUGHING

Gettin' Old!

"Such a mysterious phenomenon could only have been caused by......

The very gods themselves!"

Haha hahaha hahaha oh Nick.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Smithee wrote:
I largely loved it.

Except for:

Spoiler:
Edgeworth suddenly being a Turnabout-Sisters-style jack@$$ all over again.

Edgeworth: "LOL, no self-defense plea for you, even though you couldn't possibly have been motivated by anything else, LOL! LOL, you're an unworthy bride, so you might as well confess, LOL!"

Whatever happened to the Edgeworth I'd just worked with during Turnabout Revolution?

Yeah, this is what bugged me the most

Spoiler:
Edgeworth felt really out of character for the point he was at, on top of the stuff you mentioned he asked the judge to hurry up and end the trial before Phoenix had a chance to come up with a "dumb" counter argument a couple times

Then at the end he says "I don't care about winning, I just want to find the truth." Bullshit

Happy Maria

Hmm,so this is the sixth case of the sixth game,and the court proceedings take place in courtroom no.six....

Hm,nah,no easy joke to make here. :godot:

Clearly this is a sign. A sign that our holy savior Edgeworth has sacrificed himself for our sins. We must pray for his safe passage. Praise Gregory and Miles. Amen.

The video game boy; the one who wins

Mh. Amen.
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

I really don't like Ellen's design. She reminds me of Katherine from AAI2. So generic-looking and her theatrical mannerisms is cringeworthy to me even if it's part of her theme as being an actress :/

Would be way funnier if she was a mean B---- in real life or horribly depressed or something OR JUST NORMAL FOR ONCE >.<, without making her a Will Powers clone or anything of course.
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:

Spoiler:
Edgeworth felt really out of character for the point he was at, on top of the stuff you mentioned he asked the judge to hurry up and end the trial before Phoenix had a chance to come up with a "dumb" counter argument a couple times

Then at the end he says "I don't care about winning, I just want to find the truth." Bullshit

Spoiler:
And even when he accused Athena in Turnabout For Tomorrow, he still managed to do it without being practically a sadist; at worst, he clearly took no pleasure in it, only begrudgingly doing so out of duty and/or hope for Phoenix to potentially counter it.

So Y U do dis, Turnabout Time Traveler version of Edgeworth?

Smithee wrote:
Franzise Deauxnim wrote:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
And even when he accused Athena in Turnabout For Tomorrow, he still managed to do it without being practically a sadist; at worst, he clearly took no pleasure in it, only begrudgingly doing so out of duty and/or hope for Phoenix to potentially counter it.

Spoiler:
Closest answer is the immense stress from being Chief Prosecutor in a period of legal reform, which is the reason he himself gives.

To be fair, by Spirit of Justice he's let go so many domestic prosecutors that he's forced to call in an international prosecutor to handle local cases, he has to deal with corruption even outside the office (the Sprockets trying to pressure the office into sweeping Gloomsburg's death under the rug) and the office's manpower is so low that when no one wants to prosecute Ellen Wyatt, he's forced to take the case himself. Even the Turnabout for Tomorrow-era Prosecutor's office likely had more prosecutors than it does now, since the earliest mention of a prosecutor review was Gaspen Payne in the post-game credits.

It's not perfect, but it's plausible. It's also the story the game is going with.

Happy Maria

Rubia Ryu the Royal wrote:
Clearly this is a sign. A sign that our holy savior Edgeworth has sacrificed himself for our sins. We must pray for his safe passage. Praise Gregory and Miles. Amen.

A man and his son-I mean,amen! :bellboy:

Aeliren wrote:
Smithee wrote:
Franzise Deauxnim wrote:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Closest answer is the immense stress from being Chief Prosecutor in a period of legal reform, which is the reason he himself gives.

To be fair, by Spirit of Justice he's let go so many domestic prosecutors that he's forced to call in an international prosecutor to handle local cases, he has to deal with corruption even outside the office (the Sprockets trying to pressure the office into sweeping Gloomsburg's death under the rug) and the office's manpower is so low that when no one wants to prosecute Ellen Wyatt, he's forced to take the case himself. Even the Turnabout for Tomorrow-era Prosecutor's office likely had more prosecutors than it does now, since the earliest mention of a prosecutor review was Gaspen Payne in the post-game credits.

It's not perfect, but it's plausible. It's also the story the game is going with.

Spoiler:
He also was pissed because the Sprockets wanted to wipe the case under the rug.
And he said specifically that he enjoys Phoenix's 'Oh, Crap' face.
And he actually believed that Ellen did it.
And he's never been a sensitive guy to begin with.
It's not that OOC, really.

Yabba Dabba Doo

Spoiler:
Damn, I loved this case. I'm gonna have to play The Magical Turnabout again, because I feel very similarly about both cases and I don't know which one I prefer. And while another character would've been nice, I won't complain TOO much since Sorin and Nichody are awesome. Didn't care too much for Ellen, she seemed kinda shallow IMO but we didn't have to spend too much time with her so I don't think it detracts a whole lot. But by far one of the best things in this case is that it's actually 2 DAYS! Every other case was either 1 day long or 2 separate murders mashed into one case. But this case is actually a normal 2 day case, and I absolutely adore it for that.

Decent case.

Something felt off the whole time, though, and then I realized it was the music cues. It seemed like they only played the exciting music pieces at the very end of the case, so the case felt really low-energy the entire time. I think if they fixed that up, I would've liked this one a lot.
Spoiler:
Also, they went out of their way to mention gumshoe, but he still never shows up! I really hope we'll find out what happens to him :sadshoe:

Yabba Dabba Doo

magnus_orion wrote:
Decent case.

Something felt off the whole time, though, and then I realized it was the music cues. It seemed like they only played the exciting music pieces at the very end of the case, so the case felt really low-energy the entire time. I think if they fixed that up, I would've liked this one a lot.
Spoiler:
Also, they went out of their way to mention gumshoe, but he still never shows up! I really hope we'll find out what happens to him :sadshoe:

I absolutely agree with that.
Spoiler:
I remember when Phoenix brought up Sorin climbing around the edge of the ship to save Ellen and the "Power of Love", but for some asinine reason the dinky logic theme was playing in the background. Truth would've worked much better.

Thunder84 wrote:
magnus_orion wrote:
Decent case.

Spoiler:

I absolutely agree with that.
Spoiler:
I remember when Phoenix brought up Sorin climbing around the edge of the ship to save Ellen and the "Power of Love", but for some asinine reason the dinky logic theme was playing in the background. Truth would've worked much better.

Yeah, it was around that part I noticed. And once I realized the issue I was having, I was noticing all the times when they should have ended a song, or started a new/different songs. I mean, the cues are there, they could do it! It almost feels like they just didn't bother.

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

The music choices, I agree were a bit unfitting. I mean, they only played Pursuit twice in the entire case.
POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

In general I think they could spice up the life of every trial in this and DD simply by making the music cues happen when they should. I did think they improved overall with the game though. There was a lot more tell the truth mixed in there during the other cases, but in this one it just feels like that dry, slow, methodical pacing of DD and I genuinely wonder who is responsible for deciding where music should play, because it just feels plain empty at times.
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney

What did he do this time...?

Yash K. Productions wrote:
The music choices, I agree were a bit unfitting. I mean, they only played Pursuit twice in the entire case.

And one of those times is when Larry is presenting evidence with a finger point!

Yeah, the music cues have been a bit off. I've noticed that the "confess the truth" track played in much different scenarios than it had in other games. Also, both DD and SoJ have the logic theme play too many times. It seems like they play every single time you have to present evidence.
Want to play my custom-made Ace Attorney case made on Ace Attorney Online? (you must be using Firefox to run it)
Turnabout Destiny

Wotter boy

You would think I'd notice music things, but I didn't rip
Although, I do agree that Logic Construct and The Basics of the Case played A LOT in this game when presenting evidence.

Yabba Dabba Doo

It seems like nowadays the music cues are pretty poorly done. I remember watching the first case of DGS and they barely played Orelude to Adventure at all, instead going with the suspense themes, omen, trial in disorder, or logic.

Wow, if this has been going on for awhile, I guess it took bringing back the old characters for me to notice. I did notice that Apollo's awesome cornered theme rarely got played in his own game... but I don't remember anything striking me as off musically in DD... I'll have to go back so it can be more obvious and I can fan-rage at DD more.

Happy Maria

Spoiler: Culprit
Does anyone else think that Nichody is a grey area character?

Wotter boy

Southern Corn wrote:

Spoiler:
What do you mean by this? Like, he's morally grey?

Southern Corn wrote:

Spoiler:
He's more blue to me. ;)

Yes, I do. It's because he's not black-and-white that he makes for a better villain than the cast of evils we got from DD. He's the most sympathetic culprit in this game imo, even if I feel his motives and murder plot are a bit disappointing in terms of murder mystery standards.

Also, he has one of the best reactions to getting called out. Talk to the X-rays.

Edit: Or do you mean "grey area" as in he's in-between a good or bad villain? I'm of the opinion that he's a well-written one, but I wouldn't say he's the perfect villain.

Page 4 of 7 [ 275 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Kingdom of Khura'in (GS6)