Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Kingdom of Khura'in (GS6)

Page 1 of 2[ 53 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Favorite Funny MomentTopic%20Title

OBJECTION!

Since nobody had started this yet, I'll post it myself. Here's my vote:
Spoiler: 6-5
Phoenix singing. And Attison's breakdown.

Image Dual Destinies has rekindled my love for this fandom.

Last edited by TraumaTeam5 on Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Favorite Funny MomentTopic%20Title

The miracle never happen

Mine has to be from the final case
Spoiler:
When you learn Inga's full name, that was the funniest thing of all time.

"There is but one last shred of cheer for a soul far beyond redemption: The bitter darkness that lies at the very bottom of this mug."
-Diego Armando

迷探偵

I wouldn't call it my absolute favorite, but there was a hilarious meta-situation for the Japanese release.

Kiyoki's appearance, and fall as a crooked politician was timed nicely with Governor Masuzoe's scandal.

"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

Ace Fangirl

For some reason, one of my favorite moments was

Spoiler:
Simon calling the people in the gallery "fopdoodles". That's the best insult I've ever seen in the Ace Attorney series. Bonus points for the whole 'panda' exchange.

I also laughed pretty hard at Inga getting terrified after shooting Dhurke three times and then going "N-nuts to this!" as he runs away. The localization team produced some real dialogue gems this time around.

Oh look, a ladder!

Spoiler:
Every time Datz appears

*Insert witty signature here*

Gettin' Old!

Ugh....so I saw that the first one in this topic included somebody's breakdown.

I don't know that person but if they turn out to be a villain somewhere you just violated spoiler rules.

Tag your damn spoilers.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Ace Fangirl

Pierre wrote:

I don't know that person but if they turn out to be a villain somewhere you just violated spoiler rules.

Tag your damn spoilers.

^ My new favorite funny moment, because those spoilers are definitely tagged.

Enoshima Junko-chan!

Spoiler: Cases 4 and 5
A tie between Inga's full name and the nicknames in case 4: panda, prosecutor sad monk, spring chick, and egg yoke.

Gettin' Old!

Meowzy wrote:
Pierre wrote:

Tag your damn spoilers.

You realise that tagging means defining the vague contents of the spoilers and what they spoil?

Case in point MBr's post above mine details how it contains spoilers for cases 4 and 5.

The initial box I took issue with has no markings on it whatsoever.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

OBJECTION!

Pierre wrote:
Meowzy wrote:
Pierre wrote:

Tag your damn spoilers.

You realise that tagging means defining the vague contents of the spoilers and what they spoil?

Case in point MBr's post above mine details how it contains spoilers for cases 4 and 5.

Sorry. :sadshoe: I'll change it right now.

Objection!

Pierre wrote:

I agree that a marking is nice to have, but honestly, if you click an unmarked spoiler box, you're the one taking the risk. I don't see how complaining about getting spoiled after having clicked a spoiler box makes any sense. :ron:

When I hadn't finished the game yet and was browsing the forums, I simply steered clear of any unmarked spoiler boxes. If you really don't want to get spoiled, you should, too.

Gettin' Old!

ThePaSch wrote:
Pierre wrote:

I agree that a marking is nice to have, but honestly, if you click an unmarked spoiler box, you're the one taking the risk. I don't see how complaining about getting spoiled after having clicked a spoiler box makes any sense. :ron:

When I hadn't finished the game yet and was browsing the forums, I simply steered clear of any unmarked spoiler boxes. If you really don't want to get spoiled, you should, too.

Sure but I was most of the way through the game, odds were in my favour, and trusted that folks wouldn't leave such brutal traps like that. Especially when there's rules to protect against it. I mean even the next post down stated beforehand that it was from the final case for their one.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Objection!

Pierre wrote:
ThePaSch wrote:
Pierre wrote:

Sure but I was most of the way through the game, odds were in my favour, and trusted that folks wouldn't leave such brutal traps like that. Especially when there's rules to protect against it. I mean even the next post down stated beforehand that it was from the final case for their one.

Well, you gambled, and unfortunately, it didn't end up going well. I'm sorry you got spoiled, but if it's any consolation, it's not a very major spoiler, and it's not the most concealed/surprising one either, so it shouldn't impact your enjoyment of that case too much.

Gettin' Old!

Yeah did some reflection on what "ruins" a game and this ain't something that should. Chilled out a bit with time.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

The miracle never happen

Spoiler:
Even knowing the final villain doesn't ruin enjoyment, especially with how obvious it is xD, this game's best plot twists aren't the identity of the killer unlike some of the previous games.

"There is but one last shred of cheer for a soul far beyond redemption: The bitter darkness that lies at the very bottom of this mug."
-Diego Armando

Last edited by Kessler on Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wotter boy

Spoiler: Case 4
I love the interactions between Simon and Nahyuta and Uendo and his personalities. And how Uendo just completely ignores Nahyuta and the latter's crazy reaction to the case.

OBJECTION!

Spoiler: 6-2
...Who else felt bad for Apollo in the end?

This! Is! SPARDA!!!!!

Spoiler: Case 5 and 999
Inga having prosopagnosia, having said disorder used against him, and retreating when Dhurke kept coming at him after being shot several times. Not inherently funny, but I had played 999 recently and found the similarities with Ace to be quite humorous.

Rule number one of lawyer stuff: if it's in the court record, it's gonna show up in the trial.

The miracle never happen

Turnabout Dave wrote:
Inga having prosopagnosia, having said disorder used against him, and retreating when Dhurke kept coming at him after being shot several times. Not inherently funny, but I had played 999 recently and found the similarities with Ace to be quite humorous.

Spoiler:
I'm glad I'm not the only one to have recently played 999 and to have found that hilarious as hell, Inga is Ace's long lost brother confirmed

-Diego Armando

Spoiler: Case 5

Gregory... Tomorrow, I'm heading towards that fateful place with your son. To find out the truth of 18 years ago...

Spoiler: 6-5: In response to Kessler
Kessler wrote:
Even knowing the final villain doesn't ruin enjoyment, especially with how obvious it is

Now THAT'S a spoiler. If you don't understand why:

The final killer's identity was a great double ruse, where they led you into believing it's the super obvious dark evil chick, but then it ended up being Amara or whatever she was called. And THEN, when you think the case is pretty much over and a confession was made, it turns out to be wrong again. Saying that the final killer is the "obvious" one ruins it.

My favorite funny part was Nahyuta reciting the Time Soba rakugo story.

The video game boy; the one who wins

Turnabout Dave wrote:

Spoiler: Response to the above
Yes! That was the reason I figured it out when finding Inga's notes xD

My favourites...
Spoiler: Entire game
Peeslub'n, Judge, Payne and Phoenix singing together, hands down. Phoenix being the one to sing to the part where the song goes darker in tone made it even funnier, for some reason. And "(Wait, why am I singing?!)". On that note (no pun intended), Pesslub'n's and Payne's little duets were funny as well, especially since Payne seemed so proud.

"T-talk to the hand! KA-POW!" And then Retinz and Athena both being so utterly disappointed and unimpressed.

Nahyuta reciting "Time soba" because I imagined him doing it all deadpan with silly voices, and the judge was so impressed.

Also, for whatever reason, the way Simon described the events of case 4's crime in his testimony was comical to me, but that might have been because I was incredibly tired while going through it and I hardly took in any of the information, so it was pretty much him talking and me going "uhhh I should've waited with this until tomorrow".

(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)

The miracle never happen

Dani wrote:
Spoiler: 6-5: In response to Kessler
Kessler wrote:
Even knowing the final villain doesn't ruin enjoyment, especially with how obvious it is

Now THAT'S a spoiler. If you don't understand why:

The final killer's identity was a great double ruse, where they led you into believing it's the super obvious dark evil chick, but then it ended up being Amara or whatever she was called. And THEN, when you think the case is pretty much over and a confession was made, it turns out to be wrong again. Saying that the final killer is the "obvious" one ruins it.

My favorite funny part was Nahyuta reciting the Time Soba rakugo story.

Fine I'll tag it... soz
-Diego Armando

The whole investigation with Edgeworth. Specially his encounter with Shah'do and that reference to AAI if you try to use the anniversary to open Inga's safe. "I figured out with basic logic" "He must have some sort of superpower." I mean lol I just love when these games make fun of themselves.

And speaking of that safe, the fact that Inga had his coup plan inside was pretty hilarious. Why would anyone even write down something like that? To remind himself of his plan in case he forgot? I know the guy had some loose screws, but that's some Dr. evil stuff there.

"I will shutdown that TV program: I don't want my people to be disappointed by Rayfa real appareance"

I was like:
1) Lol
2) Don't worry Rayfa, you still cute
3) Don't worry Witch (with a capital B), at the end we will have the last laugh. I don't still know how, bu we will.

Apollo(looking at the Queen): "I hope it is in her DNA"

Havin' a party.

Spoiler:
Shah'do hanging from Edgeworth's cravat. I cackled.

Wotter boy

The miracle never happen

FenrirDarkWolf wrote:

On reddit there was a whole post full of people debating what was actually inside the purse, I think the post was funnier than the moment.
-Diego Armando

I can't be the only one with this ship?

Spoiler: Case 6-4
Everyone telling Simon to go buy them some food.
Simon told them, he expected to get paid back.
The judge was like "Damn, i thought you was cool"

Enoshima Junko-chan!

Spoiler: Case 2
Extremely professional hand-holding

I've felt worse.

"I’m only doing this so I won’t get charged with animal abuse for not throwing you a bone."
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

The cape is self-fluttering

Spoiler: 6-2
:apollo: : Excuse me. We're looking into the incident that happened at the magic show this morning...
Staff: Oh, that? Yeah, I was the cameraman for that.
:apollo: : Can you tell us anything about what you saw?
Staff: ...Bonny was supes adorbs! Heh heh...
:apollo: : Um... that's not exactly what I...
Staff: I couldn't get enough of her! I filmed her the whole time! Got some primo footage, if I do say so myself! Heh heh!
:apollo-shock: : (I'd better quit before he decides to share what he intends to do with said footage...)
-Cameraman & Apollo Justice, Take-2 TV Station

Spoiler: 6-3
When Maya channeled Tahrust. Dude was more rubbery than a yoga instructor.

When Rayfa called Ga'ran a nincompoop. Actually, just anytime Rayfa gets steamed is funny to witness.

And yes, that whole Shah'do/Edgeworth episode.

"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

Lacks the brain for meaningful posts.

The realisation of a hidden pun/foreshadowing in case 4:
Spoiler: Case 4
As Athena tries to figure out where the killer hid the udon dough, Blackquill says: "Nice barking you did there, do you have the bite to back it up?"

Spoiler: Phoenix Asinine Attorney
When Phoenix tried to communicate with Edgeworth by body language.
Phoenix: *points, deskslams, does the thinking pose, all of them with different soundeffects*
Edgeworth: This is not the time for your shenanigans.
Phoenix: (Argh! How can one person be so dense?!)
(And later: "I guess one man CAN be that dense...")

Also, Edgeworth objecting to The Plumed Punisher because it's a Steel Samurai rip-off, and Phoenix objecting to his objection: "Now, now, Edgeworth. I'm sure you've got plenty to say on the matter, but we're in the middle of a trial.

OBJECTION!

Spoiler: 6-4
Blackquill the panda. :simon:

no

Kessler wrote:
FenrirDarkWolf wrote:

On reddit there was a whole post full of people debating what was actually inside the purse, I think the post was funnier than the moment.

Could I, by any chance, get a link to that post?

Spoiler: DLC
Maya and Phoenix arguing over whose fault it was that the blood got on the notebookpages, complete woth Edgeworth having to interrupt them.

And
Judge: Mr. Wright... did you just describe how a sea turtle lays her eggs?!
It was worth losing one badge for (even though I did click the fog, damnit)

Happy Maria

Spoiler: SoJ+Turnabout Time Traveller
Everything that came out of Pees'lubn's mouth. Also

Phoenix:Mr.Justice,would you please explain your point to the judge.

Pierce was great post-transformation too. Also the lovers option in case two along with Apollo insulting Bonny and her life choices twice.

Last edited by Southern Corn on Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Gettin' Old!

Southern Corn wrote:
Spoiler:

Pierce was great post-transformation too. Also the lovers option in case two along with Apollo insulting Bonny and her life choices twice.

Bummer man you just outed Pierce as a transforming character which in my mind puts him as a villain. Please tag spoilers in future.

Made by Chesu+Zombee

Happy Maria

Pierre wrote:
Southern Corn wrote:
Spoiler:

Bummer man you just outed Pierce as a transforming character which in my mind puts him as a villain. Please tag spoilers in future.

Sorry,fixed. :sadshoe:
Page 1 of 2 [ 53 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Kingdom of Khura'in (GS6)