Board index » Phoenix Wright » Neo Olde Tokyo

Page 2 of 3[ 113 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Re: Ace Attorney Anime DiscussionTopic%20Title

ASCEND

Polly wrote:
I wonder if the Blue Badger will seem creepy or not in the anime.

I don't think there's much they can do that will make the Blue Badger not creepy. Especially if they give it the badly put together appearance from the original game.
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

Beware of the Dog

The "badly put together appearance"? I'm not sure if I know what you're talking about...

ASCEND

Viktoria von Karma wrote:
The "badly put together appearance"? I'm not sure if I know what you're talking about...

I mean how the paint is flaking off and some of the lines are fading. There's also the blue handprint on the face and one of the "spikes" or whatever being taped on. That kind of stuff. I think "sloppilly" would have been a better term.
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

I can't be the only one with this ship?

artistic license- clothing

Thats how the clothes stretch lol

This anime is gonna be awesome, I wonder if there only going to be one case per epsiode

Racing through the sky like a Missile

EdgeworthxOldbag wrote:
This anime is gonna be awesome, I wonder if there only going to be one case per epsiode

If you mean several episodes for each case without crossover between, then maybe.

If you mean one case in each episode, then we'd have eight episodes that are one-and-half hours long each, and RftA can be a two-hour movie by itself.

I dunno about that second option.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

Hello! Hello! *squawk*

EdgeworthxOldbag wrote:
artistic license- clothing

Thats how the clothes stretch lol

I imagine it might be something like: Investigation Day 1= One Episode, Trial Day 1=One Episode, Investigation Day 2= One Episode.

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

I've been thinking long and hard about an English voice cast, and here's what came to my mind:

Phoenix Wright: Cam Clarke (Liquid Snake)
Maya Fey: Cassandra Lee Morris (Lin)
Miles Edgeworth: Rufus Jones (Dunban)
Mia Fey: Caitlin Glass (Elma)
Larry Butz: Roger Craig Smith
Dick Gumshoe: Travis Willingham (Roy Mustang)
Winston Payne: Chris Cason (Tatsu)
Manfred von Karma: Timothy Watson (Newton Belduke and Metal Face)
Franziska von Karma: Jennifer Hale
Judge: J.K. Simmons (Tenzin)
Morgan Fey: Hellena Taylor (Bayonetta)
POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Gardevoir lover

RayquazaSenpai wrote:
I've been thinking long and hard about an English voice cast, and here's what came to my mind:

Miles Edgeworth: Rufus Jones (Dunban)
Larry Butz: Roger Craig Smith

These are absolutely perfect.

My DA account can be found here: http://klonoahedgehog.deviantart.com/

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Also, when I heard Wakamoto as Metal Face in the Japanese version of Xenoblade Chronicles, I knew he would be a good choice for the judge.
POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

迷探偵

I'd wonder how Akira Kamiya (Conan's Kogoro, City Hunter's Ryo, Fist of the North Star's Kenshiro) would do as the judge. Kamiya has an extremely wide range and more importantly: he can jump between all of his voices instantly. He can do a serious voice, to a comedy voice and back to serious voice within one sentence, without it even feeling forced.

Though I don't think Kamiya has worked on any YTV/NTV produced anime again ever since he had to leave Detective Conan...
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Also, I can totally hear Xander Mobus' announcer voice as Redd White, and maybe Matthew Mercer as Engarde. Hell, Max Galactica and Richard Wellington could have accents.

Wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...

RayquazaSenpai wrote:
Phoenix Wright: Cam Clarke (Liquid Snake)
Maya Fey: Cassandra Lee Morris (Lin)
Mia Fey: Caitlin Glass (Elma)
Dick Gumshoe: Travis Willingham (Roy Mustang)
Manfred von Karma: Timothy Watson (Newton Belduke and Metal Face)

If we're going strictly off of what voices would sound good for the characters, as opposed to what studios the actors typically work with, I gotta admit, most of those voices would actually sound pretty good.

Can't say I can see Cam Clarke voicing Phoenix Wright though. Something just seems kind of off about it to me. I did rather like the guy who played him in PLvsPW, so I'd probably go with something similar to that one.

Gumshoe and the Judge sound like pretty good fits, and Franziska, Maya, and Mia sound just about perfect.

As for von Karma, ever since I saw this video with him lip syncing to one of Judge Frollo's songs from The Hunchback of Notre Dame, I thought Tony Jay's voice would have been perfect for him. Sadly though, he's no longer with us, so it'd have to be someone who can sound like him.

Doing the drywall at the new McDonalds

I hope that if this season does well that they might try out doing new stories that fit in between the cases of the OT. What I'd really like is that if GS6 does well, maybe the anime would have a season during the AJ era which would come in between GS6 and GS7 and would fill in the time in between (kind of like how the original 2D "Star Wars: Clone Wars" show aired in between the release of Episode II and Episode III).

I'm really interested to see how courtroom battles will work in the anime. In the game they're pretty static and even boring from a non-player viewer's perspective, so I'm sure they're going to be trying to add some energy and movement into them. Things reminiscent of Apollo's bracelet or the thought route system would work well at this.

Only a couple months away! I hope it comes onto Crunchyroll or something so I can watch it.
I used to have Sam Waterston as my avatar but photobucket added a watermark and also Law & Order has been cancelled for 10 years so it's time for me to move on.

Master of sharp things!

RayquazaSenpai wrote:
Also, I can totally hear Xander Mobus' announcer voice as Redd White, and maybe Matthew Mercer as Engarde. Hell, Max Galactica and Richard Wellington could have accents.

I know it's ridiculous, but I always imagined Redd White - despite being an all-American themed business man - having a hispanic/latino accent for some reason. Ricardo Montalbán's voice in particular actually, though of course making that a reality is impossible now.

D.A. McCoy wrote:
I hope that if this season does well that they might try out doing new stories that fit in between the cases of the OT. What I'd really like is that if GS6 does well, maybe the anime would have a season during the AJ era which would come in between GS6 and GS7 and would fill in the time in between (kind of like how the original 2D "Star Wars: Clone Wars" show aired in between the release of Episode II and Episode III).

I suppose that depends on how they adapt the current cases. Since the anime is only covering the first two games, there could be some room for additional cases. On the other hand, it also gives them room to flesh out the current cases as well, so it could go either way.

D.A. McCoy wrote:
I'm really interested to see how courtroom battles will work in the anime. In the game they're pretty static and even boring from a non-player viewer's perspective, so I'm sure they're going to be trying to add some energy and movement into them. Things reminiscent of Apollo's bracelet or the thought route system would work well at this.

If you want a good example of how the courtroom action can transfer well across different media, look at the live-action movie. Dynamic camera angles and holographic evidence slides being tossed around that pretty much bring the game to life. If they can make it work in the film, I have no doubt the same feeling can be captured in the anime as well, perhaps even better than that considering it'll resemble the game even more.

Given what we've seen of the pachinko trailers, the anime won't be too far off in terms of drama, though may be a bit different in style. I'm imagining something pretty similar to Kindaichi Shonen in terms of how it looks, but being AA, it's gonna go in a completely different direction of feels. Can't wait to hear some samples of the objections and such.

But I think what I'm most looking forward to is how outdated Nick's phone will look compared to everyone else's (except Maya's). This is a good opportunity for technological retcons. This is the near future, dang it.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu

The very near future, indeed. Like, this August if the keep the game dates XD.

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Also, I noticed: Phoenix's seiyuu, Yuki Kaji, also voiced Takumi in Fire Emblem Fates.

...It can't be a coincidence, can it?

~Die-Hard Gavinners Fan~

I hope that if the English dub gets done, that they don't use the Sam Riegel for Phoenix or the VA for Edgeworth from DD. I honestly love Riegal, but he just doesn't do it as Phoenix in my opinion. The VA from PLvsPW would be amaze though!

But considering how anime gets produced, with like 2 arcs into about 25-26 episodes, I don't think we'll be getting another season of this huh? I mean, it seems weird to us fans if they stopped at JFA since AA is a trilogy and all, but the way anime is, it doesn't seem likely. :sadshoe: They would have to do another run, I.e, another 25-26 episodes, and then there wouldn't be enough content in T&T alone to cover that many episodes. And adding AJ as that secondary arc would just be jarring, no? I mean, I would be in absolute HEAVEN if AJ adaptation, (Can you imagine THIS MAN in animated glory?? :rock'n: Dat anime guitar though~ <3 ) but not even T&T seems likely at this point.. >_<

Can someone tell me I'm wrong, please? :acro:
Rhythm Heaven+Ace Attorney. Uncle Ray and Klavier Gavin need to be in court together. <3

迷探偵

Misokrattz wrote:
But considering how anime gets produced, with like 2 arcs into about 25-26 episodes, I don't think we'll be getting another season of this huh? I mean, it seems weird to us fans if they stopped at JFA since AA is a trilogy and all, but the way anime is, it doesn't seem likely. :sadshoe: They would have to do another run, I.e, another 25-26 episodes, and then there wouldn't be enough content in T&T alone to cover that many episodes.

In Japanese TV, shows (including anime) are usually produced in 'cour', which is a period somewhere between 11~14 weeks (varies). A show of 25/26 episodes is usually seen as a two-cour show, rather than 'one season'. So it's possible to do a one-cour show based solely on T&T.

Would it be likely? No. Especially not if they want to retain the time-slot they have now. It's a coupled slot with Detective Conan and is promoted as such, so they usually try to keep longer-running shows there, similar to popular slots like Dragon Ball/One Piece and Chibi Maruko-chan/Sazae-san. I don't even think they ever program one-cour shows with Conan. Kindaichi is running in that slot now as a two-cour show for example (and it's a continuation of another two-cour show that had already been broadcast together with Conan last year).
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

~Die-Hard Gavinners Fan~

Ash wrote:
A show of 25/26 episodes is usually seen as a two-cour show, rather than 'one season'.

Ah yes, that's what I meant, but I wasn't aware of the term cour is what it was called, so thank you for that! :edgey:

But yeah, that's my fear, I didn't know the specifics with the time slots and all, but typically how anime is, it wouldn't be likely that there would be another single arc run for T&T. It's a shame, but hey, if you think about it, Case 4 in JFA is a pretty sweet ending all things considered. :redd:
Rhythm Heaven+Ace Attorney. Uncle Ray and Klavier Gavin need to be in court together. <3

Igi ari!

I know that the incoming anime will not have the 3rd game of the trilogy, but if it comes to that I subconsciously imagine Suwabe Junichi as Godot. I try to rationalize why I imagine him voicing the prosecutor, then I remembered Archer from Fate/Stay Night
Spoiler:
Aside from having similar hairstyle, hair color, and skin complexion, they both share tragic pasts. Both of them had a different hair color other than white. And the processes which changed the hair color are both tragic.

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Also, if we get an anime adaptation of AJ, all I want is...
Spoiler:
Lamiroir to be voiced by Haruka Shimotsuki in Japanese and Rena Strober in English!

What am I doing here

Has someone seen the article about the upcoming anime? Includes some more character artworks from
Spoiler:
Pearl, Franziska, Cindy Stone, Frank Sahwit, Payne and the Judge.Image

Beware of the Dog

Am I the only one who thinks that Franziska and Payne look a little... weird? Though Sahwit looks pretty Sahwit.

Am I the only one who thinks that Franziska and Payne look a little... weird? Though Sahwit looks pretty Sahwit.

Payne certainly looks weird, but Franziska is fine in my eyes. Pearl is also adorable.

The cape is self-fluttering

Franziska looks okay, but I don't know what is up with Payne having a flipper for a hand.

...and for all her being a model, Cindy Stone's pants are one hideous fashion faux pas.
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

For what it's worth, they got it exactly like it was in the original game, except maybe her pants are a little bit shorter... and she looks a bit chubbier than she was. Maybe that's it.

The cape is self-fluttering

Rubia Ryu the Royal wrote:
For what it's worth, they got it exactly like it was in the original game, except maybe her pants are a little bit shorter... and she looks a bit chubbier than she was. Maybe that's it.

I have no idea what happened, but it is not a flattering look in that picture. Either those pants have the tightest crotch in existence or else Ms. Stone was concealing something Larry didn't know about.
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

Derper

So, anyone know if this is the actually anime opening song?
I do hear justice in the lyrics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMmlNMgBXFs
Sometimes I feel like facepalming
I'm just not sure on whose face to push my hand on.

Igi ari!

Reglare wrote:
So, anyone know if this is the actually anime opening song?
I do hear justice in the lyrics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMmlNMgBXFs

YES IT IS, Gyakuten Winner by Johny's West. check here

https://twitter.com/ao25ume/status/713654680979542016

has a pv with the chorus on background

Derper

I might warm up to it when I learn what the lyrics mean.
Sometimes I feel like facepalming
I'm just not sure on whose face to push my hand on.

Eh, I couldn't catch everything that was sung, but from what I can tell, it's a pretty generic song about pressing forth to victory and justice on the power of trust, with some shouting "objection" in there. Pretty much sums up what AA is about, really.

Ace Popcornator

I'm just hoping that someone makes a subbed version somewhere soon after each episode airs. I'd love to not have to wait a while to watch the show
I will bring your magnificent vengeance to fruition- JUST AS YOU WANT IT!

Oh right, this was a thing.

Rubia Ryu the Royal wrote:
I really hope it's not just a rehash of the game. We already got a live action movie for that. If anything, I'm hoping that Missile will be much more relevant.

Then again, the movie didn't have all of Case 1, 3, nothing of 5, and we had Ozzy Slashborne and no elevators. Personally I'm looking forward to the full thing animated.
~UltrawaveStudios~

Sometimes I post here. Sometimes.

http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/246/1246885/

I found an interview with Shu Takumi, Director Ayumu Watanabe, and some of the voice cast. Google doesn't exactly translate it well but there seems to be some interesting tidbits in there, if someone can give this a decent translation it'd help a lot. Worth noting it sounds like elementary-school Phoenix, Miles, and Larry may get more screen time, and they have character model sheets.

I've done a lot of research in general for the anime, including finding info much sooner than a lot of other people (I found Gyakuten Winner a full day or two before people caught wind of it). I've looked for screenshots from AnimeJapan 2016's booth and have found a few interesting things but nothing too huge save the occasional image from First Turnabout, a bad shot of Edgeworth, half a second of Maya, and a shot of the class trial. I've learned that the ending song will be "Message" by Rei Yasuda. I'm keeping a close eye on localization licenses, but nothing has come up yet; Funimation has noticeably not revealed its licenses yet despite it being uncharacteristically late for them, and SentaiFilmworks and Aniplex have only announced a few things, but nobody, not even Crunchyroll, has said anything about the anime yet, which is kinda important. I'm still searching everywhere I can for news, hence how I found this interview, and I'll try to update you on anything meaningful.
I believe the proper phrase here is "you fail"!
-Miles Edgeworth

Igi ari!

If anyone of you has access to Japanese radio, it seems that the ED for anime is going to be performed NOW. I just used Google Translate to translate this tweet by Yasuda Rei, the singer of "Message" https://twitter.com/yasudarei/status/714771552143708160

Too bad this series will be adapting only the cases in the game it seems. That is disappointing. I assumed we would get some new cases made for the anime series but with the character design of Pearl and such it seems less likely that they will adapt the first game and some new cases. I thought they would adapt the second game with new cases next year or fall or something.

Sometimes I post here. Sometimes.

http://www.capcom.co.jp/game/content/gyakuten/?p=5852&utm_source=TW&utm_medium=cpp&utm_campaign=sns

Interview with Shu Takumi and Ayumu Watanabe about the anime adaptation. Translation/Summary, please?

http://ameblo.jp/asuka-shige0826/entry-12144285650.html

Blog post I found on tumblr featuring a good amount of screenshots from the preview shown at AnimeJapan 2016.
I believe the proper phrase here is "you fail"!
-Miles Edgeworth

The interview article mentions it's the "first half". We'll be seeing a follow-up next week after the episode airs, on April 7.

Spoiler: Summary
Director Watanabe's approach to all previous anime he's done (including Doraemon, Space Brothers, Danchi Tomoo) has been following the same guidelines, like being "easy to understand" and "family friendly". However, Ace Attorney is different, since it's about crime mysteries, so relaying the weight to this genre is very important. He mentions that when he finds something he wants to make, he puts all his effort into making sure it's good.

The focus (keyword) of the anime from the start has been on "concentration". It's a game with a whole lot of emotion packed into it, so they want to show it as that. Though it's still mainly a mystery game, Takumi wanted to tell the story of Phoenix and Edgeworth's "passionate friendship" [sic] in a simple way, and he says Watanabe feels the same.

Watanabe wants the anime to show what kind of person Phoenix is, and he looked into his character, personality, and background, as well as the influence Miles Edgeworth held over him. This rivalry between the two sets the underlying bridge of the original story. Though they are rivals on the surface, they have a deep trust and strong friendship in each other, and this sort of "passion" is what the anime is aiming for. The game did it well through easy and fun, yet deep storytelling.

At first, Takumi wasn't sure exactly what role he was supposed to play. The script writers had come up with a great deal of work themselves, but then Watanabe personally went to him to check up on a few things, and from there, more and more questions came and he's been working with the team week by week. Apparently, the two would keep in contact via email and get into intense online debates like they were in court.

To maintain that deep "Ace Attorney" flavor, Watanabe opted for more than just what is seen on the surface or what can casually be seen in the game. He's of course thankful that Takumi could stop by to help that transition along.

Takumi was also glad to be of help. For the past several months, after his usual business as a game developer, he stops by the anime studio every weekend for checkups. Basically, it's been day in and day out of working on everything "Ace Attorney". He even has a hotline number directly to the Director. The two have collected up a lot of phone calls, all about working on the scenario and writing.

Sometimes, they'd take a whole two hours. They talk over what the next episode's focus will be on and such, and they've come up with plenty of additions to the anime that the game itself didn't cover. It was quite fun to see all the drama unfold... though at times, Watanabe could barely keep up with his exciting chatter.

With the Director's focus on the characters themselves, they've drawn up a complete picture of this drama between people. While the original game already described them in a lot of detail, Takumi dug deeper to investigate, and they came upon the idea to expand on Phoenix's childhood. There was a line they liked, "Though it doesn't come up in the game, it'll always be within me", and they went with it.

That they also managed to squeeze some of that hidden content into the first episode is impressive.

Takumi didn't get to hear how the music has been, but Watanabe assures him that it's really good; so good that the entire piece of work has engaged in a "chemical reaction" [sic]. He always did love the music in the games. And like with the games, the timing of the music, the cuts to character moments, and the camera angles all add to the experience of the anime.

Unlike the games, though, the anime uses CG for the detailed backgrounds and backdrops, especially to enhance the visuals for critical scenes.

The two then leave a few final words for the fans, sharing their excitement for the first episode. Watanabe adds that even if it's just the tutorial case, it's still Ace Attorney. Takumi says that even if he's been a part of the production team, he's still as giddy as any fan would be. Both recommend that fans of the game prepare their game consoles while they're at it.

Athena Internet Defense Force

I've become too jaded by pre-hate to enjoy this anymore.

ONCE AGAIN the Internet has STOLEN MY JOY before I ever get to experience it.

>:(
Page 2 of 3 [ 113 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Neo Olde Tokyo