Board index » Phoenix Wright » Neo Olde Tokyo

Page 2 of 2[ 45 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Re: Episode 2: "Turnabout Sisters - 1st Trial"Topic%20Title

Wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...

Just saw this episode last night. I liked it better than the first episode, although I wouldn't call it an amazing adaptation as of yet (still waiting to see how they handle 1-4).

That said, for the first time, I almost found myself shipping Nick and Maya. Not quite there yet, but I can finally see what people see in the pairing. Guess I just needed the right frame (the voice work helps a little).

The cape is self-fluttering

oh god i can't stop the feels

so glad they turned this into an anime

[/inner child]
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

TheDoctor wrote:
Just saw this episode last night. I liked it better than the first episode, although I wouldn't call it an amazing adaptation as of yet (still waiting to see how they handle 1-4).

That said, for the first time, I almost found myself shipping Nick and Maya. Not quite there yet, but I can finally see what people see in the pairing. Guess I just needed the right frame (the voice work helps a little).

With this series, I find myself shipping almost anyone with anyone... (except relatives, of course) For a while, I rrrreally loved the idea of Nick and Maya, but, as the games progressed, I loved their brother-sister relationship and the way he seemed to adapt the role that Mia had once filled.

The storyboard of episode 2 by episode director Shingo Uchida (内田 信吾) was put up for auction a while back. While the auction has been over for quite a while I still think the four pages that are shown will be of interest to some people.

http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/auction/item/itemInfoEn.html?index=428577

Other production materials from the anime on top of this storyboard have been put up for auction on this site as well. Like scene layouts, animation supervisor corrections, setting material, etc. which are worth the look too for anyone interested. It's also worth keeping an eye on this site in general, since new production materials from this anime among many others are put up here on basically a daily basis.

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

What I'd really like to see is some really competent anime director and production staff create a full new plotline for a new protagonist a la Phoenix or Apollo exclusively for an anime plotline, and then there'd be references to the game canon where occasionally the main prosecutor has meetings with Chief Prosecutor Edgeworth.
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney
Page 2 of 2 [ 45 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Neo Olde Tokyo