Board index » Phoenix Wright » Neo Olde Tokyo

Page 2 of 2[ 54 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Re: Episode 12: "Turnabout Goodbyes - Last Trial"Topic%20Title

迷探偵

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5GeiqF ... e=youtu.be

Skipping The Lost Tunrnabout it seems.
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

Programmer

If this was western animation they would be doing the mid season hiatus right before that story. But Japan doesn't do "hiatus" from my understanding.
Currently working on a redesign of cr.net itself! Come talk to me about it on Discord!

Hot Dog

Yay! I was right! I won't miss the Lost Turnabout, I hate the case, I hate Maggey and I hate Richard Wellington.

Turner Grey was very creepy in the game, but in that preview... Brrrrr he gave me the chills :grey think:

迷探偵

henke37 wrote:
If this was western animation they would be doing the mid season hiatus right before that story. But Japan doesn't do "hiatus" from my understanding.

There's no episode next week actually, but it's not a real mid-season hiatus. Probably something different planned next week, as Conan is also skipping next week.

But in general, there is no real mid-season hiatus in Japan in terms of TV, no. Series (drama/anime) are produced in cour (10~13) episodes, or several cour consecutively, and basically all TV there is planned in terms of cour. There are some productions that are sorta hiatus-like (Bungo Stray Dogs this season will skip the summer season and return in the fall), but that's not usual practice.
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

The cape is self-fluttering

This series needs to stop making me laugh so much. But I guess it wouldn't be Ace Attorney if it weren't lighthearted at times.

Edgeworth!Larry was classic, especially with von Karma threatening the death penalty for being in contempt.

The act of Phoenix coming at von Karma slowly with the metal detector... I don't know why, but I kept imagining the Jaws' theme in my head... LOL

I love awkward!Edgey. And I love how he pretended to no longer have the signal samurai...it's just like him.

It did seem a bit strange that Maya left because she didn't feel helpful... we do see her trying to channel her sister and fail, but little that would warrant a "I'm so worthless!" At least the train scene wasn't out of proportion emotionally to everything leading up to it. Now THAT would have been especially weird.

Looking forward to the fourth grade episode. I don't care if it's filler.

Proyectil wrote:
Yay! I was right! I won't miss the Lost Turnabout, I hate the case, I hate Maggey and I hate Richard Wellington.

Turner Grey was very creepy in the game, but in that preview... Brrrrr he gave me the chills :grey think:

I actually do like Maggey, but yeah, I won't miss the case either. IMO it has little impact on the story anyway... and Maggey can be introduced at some other point.
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

Nerd Processor

Ash wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5GeiqF-bCU&feature=youtu.be

Skipping The Lost Tunrnabout it seems.

Well possibly. Lost Turnabout is chronologically after Reunion and Turnabout after all... (It's not like they need to flashback to 'this is how we met up again' like they did in the game when Maya's only been gone an episode... )
My Ace Attorney FanFiction Thread (Last updated: 5th August 2018)

A Kirby and AA fan

Nerdowl wrote:
Well possibly. Lost Turnabout is chronologically after Reunion and Turnabout after all... (It's not like they need to flashback to 'this is how we met up again' like they did in the game when Maya's only been gone an episode... )

Oh, good point. Yeah, maybe they are going through it chronologically... That would actually make a bit more sense...

Hot Dog

I don't see why they would adapt that case anyway. It's important to have a tutorial case in each game for newbies, but in the anime that case doesn't add anything to the story. Well, it introduces Maggey Byrde which is important for Trials and Tribulations and AAI, but that's it. Maggey can appear in the last case as a cameo or whatever, she is not that important if the anime adaptation ends with Justice for All.

Personally, I'm pretty sure that they are going to skip it.

The cape is self-fluttering

Oops, misspoke.
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

Beware of the Dog

Why do I have to wait another week for Signal Samurai information now?

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Proyectil wrote:
I don't see why they would adapt that case anyway. It's important to have a tutorial case in each game for newbies, but in the anime that case doesn't add anything to the story. Well, it introduces Maggey Byrde which is important for Trials and Tribulations and AAI, but that's it. Maggey can appear in the last case as a cameo or whatever, she is not that important if the anime adaptation ends with Justice for All.

Personally, I'm pretty sure that they are going to skip it.

Nah, I'm pretty sure 2-1 won't be skipped, it's probably going to come after Reunion, and Turnabout - Last Trial. Since 2-2 is two months before 2-1 chronologically.
POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...

Maybe they'll have her play a small role in one of the other three cases. After all, they did add Grossberg testifying in court. Never happened in the game, but it was a nice touch.

I noticed that in his testimony, von Karma is flanked by two bailiffs. However, they're both gone when he limps away on his cane, and they're definitely not there anymore when the judge calls for the other bailiffs.

Happy Maria

I really dislike this episode for ruining the ending of the first game so much with its idiotic retcons. Never before have I felt so disappointed till here. 2-4's ending in the anime was also meh,but it wasn't bad like this!

I'm not a big fan of the psyche lock scene in that one episode myself,but the retcons here were a giant middle finger to the players.
Page 2 of 2 [ 54 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Neo Olde Tokyo