Board index » Phoenix Wright » Neo Olde Tokyo

Page 1 of 1[ 11 posts ]

Episode 19: "Turnabout Big Top - 2nd Trial"Topic%20Title

Master of sharp things!

This is a general discussion thread for the nineteenth episode of the Ace Attorney anime, "Turnabout Big Top - 2nd Trial".

Summary wrote:
The trial of Max Galactica has begin, and Phoenix must contend with a funny character on the witness stand.

Re: Episode 19: "Turnabout Big Top - 2nd Trial"Topic%20Title

What was that, a 4 minute trial segment? And we started the final trial already. Holy warp speed. But on this case, not necessarily a bad thing, and definitely 5 episodes for 2-4 will be good.

"Burger noodles" lol

What's between the bread?

Wayoshi wrote:
What was that, a 4 minute trial segment? And we started the final trial already. Holy warp speed. But on this case, not necessarily a bad thing, and definitely 5 episodes for 2-4 will be good.

"Burger noodles" lol

2-4 is currently expected to be 4 episodes as the season count is apparently 24 episodes total. Either way, I'm okay with this one being shorter because they're still hitting most of the major beats without leaving too much aside from gameplay mechanics out.

Decent episode, quite like them fitting in Phoenix's request that Maya not talk about Edgeworth and such. Burger noodles threw me.

Animation error of the episode for me: Bat's eye in the photograph being out of place when the picture is still.

Programmer

They really are cutting a lot here. And randomly changing things for no good reason. Now it's suddenly Max's idea for the ringmaster to take the costume? The entire boo Max/yay Max change gone? The entire love subplot almost erased?
Currently working on a redesign of cr.net itself! Come talk to me about it on Discord!

Racing through the sky like a Missile

To be fair, in the original Japanese game, Ben and Trilo, along with the judge, make quite a few lewd jokes that would not be as advisable for general audiences. Granted, they're still pretty light as far as "lewd" goes, so they could have gotten away with them if they had the room, I'd think.

Man, the art is inconsistent as heck as expected, but this episode had some extra lining and shading to some shots. Same goes for the last episode. Talk about overcompensating for lackluster art.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

A Kirby and AA fan

That trial surprised me. I think I blinked and it was over... Burger Noodles, like everyone else, had me in a fit
I don't mind that most of the love subplot has been removed, as it seemed weird to me even in the game.
I don't understand why they made the change to make it Max's suggestion for Russel to wear his costume. Even stranger is why immediately after saying that, they wonder why his hat was at the crime scene. And they DON'T wonder where his cape went...

I really liked the investigation part of this episode, though. Especially Moe talking about both the incident of 6 months ago and what Russel's death meant to everyone

...What was strange that Acro was taken away by a whole bunch of uniformed men in sunglasses. Why, even? What sense does that make? It's not like the guy can even run away... And if they already arranged for him to get picked up, why even bring muscle?

Dragongirl

Blademaster_Orca wrote:
This is a general discussion thread for the nineteenth episode of the Ace Attorney anime, "Turnabout Big Top - 2nd Trial".

Solving things more and more at the circus, with some dark turns on what's to come next. Oh, boy!

Summary wrote:
The trial of Max Galactica has begin, and Phoenix must contend with a funny character on the witness stand.

My name is Tayla 'Marie' Drago Hester, the number one Anime lover and supporter of all voice actors. Who also loves Ace Attorney things! :D

This animation may have been the worst yet. It was so distracting. I actually don't mind the love subplot going away, as it was kinda strange to me anyways, but they really are making loads of unnecessary changes.

What's between the bread?

brailey wrote:
This animation may have been the worst yet. It was so distracting. I actually don't mind the love subplot going away, as it was kinda strange to me anyways, but they really are making loads of unnecessary changes.

Dunno about them all being unnecessary given how brief they have to be. I mean, case 2-3 takes, what? Around 3 hours to beat? Thanks to television limits they've got only three 22 minute episodes to do it, and even then I'm probably being generous with the minutes there. I mean it sucks how much is being left out, but it's a necessity of the medium with the restrictions put in place by the episode order. They could easily adapt a single game into its own 24+ episode season, but once it was decided to cover two games they really had to shorten things.

The cape is self-fluttering

Nurio wrote:
Even stranger is why immediately after saying that, they wonder why his hat was at the crime scene. And they DON'T wonder where his cape went...

I took it to mean, why was his hat was at the crime scene while the cape wasn't. Of course, it could have just been badly translated.

Anyway, definitely fast paced here. I did like Phoenix and Moe connecting the dots about the note, even if it was obvious by that point.

Spoiler: and this is totally random, but...

Geez, Phoenix. Are you gonna kiss him?

lol @ the preview "And then that man returns"

I wonder who could it be? Whooooooo? :jazzedgy:

I so can't wait for Farewell, My Turnabout.
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

A Kirby and AA fan

Jean Descole wrote:
I took it to mean, why was his hat was at the crime scene while the cape wasn't. Of course, it could have just been badly translated.

Yeah, it would definitely make more sense if it was meant that way... but in that case, that was terribly translated, as you said
Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Neo Olde Tokyo