Board index » Phoenix Wright » Neo Olde Tokyo

Page 1 of 1[ 11 posts ]

Episode 20: "Turnabout Big Top - Last Trial"Topic%20Title

Master of sharp things!

This is a general discussion thread for the twentieth episode of the Ace Attorney anime, "Turnabout Big Top - Last Trial".

Summary wrote:
In order to defend Max Galactica, Phoenix puts on a show of his own in the courtroom.

Re: Episode 20: "Turnabout Big Top - Last Trial"Topic%20Title

What's between the bread?

I absolutely loved this one. I'm sure not everyone will agree, but I love that, since they don't need to constantly challenge the player to make sure they know where they should be going with things, they played with the medium and did a whole show in the courtroom, complete with Moe-ya. While inconsistent with the games, sure, it helps with pacing and shows that Phoenix is a bright guy, not just seemingly gifted with constant epiphany moments. He still needs that tip he got to win and encouragement from Maya, but he's still a capable dude in his own right. Again too, one of the anime's better strengths shines through as the characters have more defined arcs, culminating in the heartwarming and goofy scene at the end. Was it stupid? Sure, but it was a lot of fun for a murder case that also has some rather tragic elements attached to it.

Programmer

I have to say, they do play up the emotions here. But it's a bit over the top and too large a change compared to previous episodes. It's nice that they give Regina more of a character, but it's too much in too little time. There was no preparations here to show just how deluded she was. It's all too much for the complete lack of preparations.

The entire mystery unraveling is also not done in a satisfying way. It's a great spectacle, but it removes all the thinking and complications that the game had. Phoenix isn't even the one to figure it out here!

The ending is also a little rough, again they are doing too much in too little time, not giving things proper buildups.
Currently working on a redesign of cr.net itself! Come talk to me about it on Discord!

A Kirby and AA fan

I absolutely loved being able to see Regina's reactions during court. It's one of those things I was wondering about while playing the games. We only see her reaction after court, but not during it

The only thing that seemed strange to me was Moe and Ben flying through the air. It seemed silly and just... why? Why would they do that?

Dragongirl

Blademaster_Orca wrote:
This is a general discussion thread for the twentieth episode of the Ace Attorney anime, "Turnabout Big Top - Last Trial".

Summary wrote:
In order to defend Max Galactica, Phoenix puts on a show of his own in the courtroom.

Such another sad story that was n the end to solving the murder mystery, you know? As well as having a fun time at the circus to continue on too. Fun!
My name is Tayla 'Marie' Drago Hester, the number one Anime lover and supporter of all voice actors. Who also loves Ace Attorney things! :D

Racing through the sky like a Missile

Am I the only one who laughed at the part when Nick recalled Edgeworth's words and said "Oh yeah! The last moment is now!"? Quickly, everyone! The script must go on!

I never disliked Turnabout Big Top; just the parts where the investigation seems to drag a bit. Naturally, none of that is here in the anime. Everything's fast-paced and just a bit jumpy. And yet, they still managed to churn out a better ending to the case than the original game gave. I'm impressed.

The circus show in court is beyond stupid, but it's amusing nonetheless.

Not to mention, even the poor art isn't so... uh, no, it's still pretty obvious, but at least it didn't detract nearly as much in this episode. All in all, a pretty good episode, considering the track record so far.

Now to think well over how much I anticipate the next case... still plenty excited. Well, alrighty then. Fingers crossed they show a bit more to Maya's attempts at escape, since they like changing things up a bit.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

The miracle never happen

Rubia Ryu the Royal wrote:
Am I the only one who laughed at the part when Nick recalled Edgeworth's words and said "Oh yeah! The last moment is now!"? Quickly, everyone! The script must go on!

I never disliked Turnabout Big Top; just the parts where the investigation seems to drag a bit. Naturally, none of that is here in the anime. Everything's fast-paced and just a bit jumpy. And yet, they still managed to churn out a better ending to the case than the original game gave. I'm impressed.

Not to mention, even the poor art isn't so... uh, no, it's still pretty obvious, but at least it didn't detract nearly as much in this episode. All in all, a pretty good episode, considering the track record so far.

Now to think well over how much I anticipate the next case... still plenty excited. Well, alrighty then. Fingers crossed they show a bit more to Maya's attempts at escape, since they like changing things up a bit.

They've only got 4 episodes for Farewell, My Turnabout, they're probably gonna screw it up
"There is but one last shred of cheer for a soul far beyond redemption: The bitter darkness that lies at the very bottom of this mug."
-Diego Armando

The cape is self-fluttering

Kessler wrote:
Rubia Ryu the Royal wrote:

They've only got 4 episodes for Farewell, My Turnabout, they're probably gonna screw it up

As long as they've got some hot Adrian action, I think I could forgive it. :glasses:
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

The cape is self-fluttering

The explanation for the murder method happened a bit too quickly for me until Phoenix explained that it was Max who laid out the entire scenario. Would have preferred something more in real time than in a flashback... but oh well. I lol'd at the reenactment with everyone flying. (And who let the monkey into the courtroom??? )

As much of an arrogant snob as Max is, it was sweet how he wanted a raise for everyone.

Poor Regina. Great exchange between her and Acro at the end.

I still don't get how the "message" made Phoenix figure out where the bust was, but then, that felt random in the game too. (Not that Phoenix figured out the wheelchair was the only place the bust could be, but how some words about the verdict and final moment made him figure out that exact thing.)

I loved the image of Edgeworth delivering the message through Gumshoe.

So no 2-4 until next week. I hope there's a lot of drama packed into these last few episodes.
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

A Kirby and AA fan

Oh, right! Something I noticed is that at the end of this episode, when Gumshoe was on the phone, he's covered in paint. It appears that in the anime canon, he created the Blue Badger dancing statue thing between 2-3 and 2-4, instead of between 1-4 and 1-5

Happy Maria

This is surprisingly my favourite episode of the series. I think it's because they nailed 2-3 story wise here,and doubled its greatness. The scene with the reenactment was a bit over the top,but it was worth it to show the development between the performers and Max. It also gave Moe and Ben better roles and even better development. The ending of this is probably the closest I've come to tearing up in the show. Sooo well executed, unlike 1-4's ending,which is really weird.
Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Neo Olde Tokyo