Board index » Phoenix Wright » Neo Olde Tokyo

Page 1 of 1[ 11 posts ]

Episode 23: "Farewell, My Turnabout - 3rd Trial"Topic%20Title

Master of sharp things!

This is a general discussion thread for the twenty-third episode of the Ace Attorney anime, "Farewell, My Turnabout - 3rd Trial".

Summary wrote:
Phoenix must rely on his friends to save Maya while continuing to defend Matt Engarde.

Re: Episode 23: "Farewell, My Turnabout - 3rd Trial"Topic%20Title

A Kirby and AA fan

I think this was another good episode! They have the right amount of tension and drama without overdoing it.
There were two things that I found strange, though...

1. Phoenix's reaction to Gumshoe's car crash. What the hell? You hear a car crash on the phone, Gumshoe may have died, and that is your reaction? Some more concern towards someone who tries to help is wouldn't kill you, Phoenix! And in fact, I believe Phoenix was a lot more concerned in the game?

2. Wasn't the suicide note proven to be fake in the game? Why did they change that fact? It would make a lot more sense for the trial to go on because of that (casting more suspicion on Adrian and less on Matt) than having Edgeworth interrupt a Guilty verdict only to introduce a new witness...
2b. The judge also acted kinda strange towards Phoenix when he raised that final objection in this episode...

The miracle finally happen...

"It's Celeste Andrews. Adrian's older sister."

:spit: Get outta heeeeeere

Dragongirl

Blademaster_Orca wrote:
This is a general discussion thread for the twenty-third episode of the Ace Attorney anime, "Farewell, My Turnabout - 3rd Trial".

Summary wrote:
Phoenix must rely on his friends to save Maya while continuing to defend Matt Engarde.

Ah, man...This is getting even crazier fro here on out.
My name is Tayla 'Marie' Drago Hester, the number one Anime lover and supporter of all voice actors. Who also loves Ace Attorney things! :D

The cape is self-fluttering

Zekrom025 wrote:

I'm guessing they meant like a mentor and not biologically an older sister.
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

A Kirby and AA fan

Zekrom025 wrote:

Oh, right! I forgot about that one! That was... kinda odd? But I guess for the actual plot, it makes little difference?

Programmer

Normally I point out the numerous contradictions with these random changes. But since they already seem to be opting for ignoring Adrian's dependency, it has exactly no impact on the plot that Celesta is suddenly her sister.

And I'm disappointed. Neither playing Core nor summoning the glass from nowhere? Lame. And the removal of the psyche lock kinda ruins the reveal. It made the reveal feel bigger, that Matt really didn't want to tell the truth. It also was one of the big teases, the dramatic impact of knowing that there is something there, but you don't know what yet is not to be forgotten.

And what happened to the entire Adrian part of the investigation? The conflict of not hurting her by revealing her secrets vs not failing the trial?

As for a specific line, I miss deKiller's line of "not having touched her". It had a certain polite evilness about it.

And I miss the radio hunt minigame. There must have been a better way to find the transceiver than "Gumshoe trips on the inexplicable cord". No really, what kind of stealth camera has a cord that can be tripped over? And who plugged the darn thing in anyway? Matt?
Currently working on a redesign of cr.net itself! Come talk to me about it on Discord!

Celeste Andrews?!
Why?

:)

I don't think Celeste's name change was needed.

The cape is self-fluttering

Tea scene - I liked how they used this to get Edgeworth to explain his actions over the past year and reveal what he's learned. It felt more personal than conversations in a lobby.

I was glad when they showed the note Maya tucked in the back frame of Celeste's picture. In the game, it sounded like she just scribbled a bunch of crap next to Celeste's message.

I was hoping that "Celeste Andrews" would be a translation mistake, but it looks like that's not the case. Guess "because it's her sister" is easier than cramming Adrian's dependency issues into so few episodes.

Man, speaking of that, they are really pushing the story along. Adrian barely got a chance to be a PITA, she's just supplying information like it's nothing.

The handwriting on the suicide note didn't leave that much of an impact on the case in the game; it was just one more thing to keep the trial going. I liked Edgeworth signaling to Phoenix to drag out the trial, and then reacting when he did.

lol @
-Larry reacting to Mia
-Adrian in the Samurai suit
-That is not the definition of "in the flesh," Edgeworth
Spoiler: also random
Someone's been a naughty bear.

A very naughty bear.

"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

i may not know much

ok but where his villainous wine glass at tho
i can't decide whether to be mad or not cos in the game the wine glass was ridiculous af but hilarious tbh
Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Neo Olde Tokyo