Board index » Phoenix Wright » Baker Street » Great Exhibition (TGAA2)

Page 1 of 1[ 20 posts ]

Episode one discussion threadTopic%20Title

元・超会社員級の管理人

This is the discussion thread for DGS2 episode one. The Adventure of the Blossoming Attorney! Please use spoiler tags when discussing any plot points of the episode that haven't been officially announced.
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.
Re: Episode one discussion threadTopic%20Title

Ultimate Detective

So, like people guessed, the killer was
Spoiler:
The reporter, Heita Mamemomi, whose breakdown involved him spinning his camera and being tossed by Haori and Susato.

Racing through the sky like a Missile

I hate to admit it, but I'm struggling... struggling to understand name puns!

Knowing Takumi, it's entirely possible that he just came up with some random words/sounds and stuck them together to make names. But I would think there's more to it than that...

That said,
Spoiler: character name
"Mamemomi Heita" really does just sound like a bunch of gibberish. And no, I couldn't find any particular meaning behind the kanji in his name either. I truly believe his name was created just so Souseki could make a fool out of himself on the stand by revealing it.

As for Haori, well, a 'haori' is a type of robe that's primarily worn by males, and it's more of a jacket-robe kind of thing. What she's wearing is not that. But hey, if a certain someone gets to dress up as a guy, why not have a girl whose name is a pun on something male? Besides, that family name, Murasame, has some real impact considering it's both the name of some historical figures and a famous legend of a bladesmith.
Spoiler: minor one from pre-trial
Besides, I think people are just going to start shipping her with Susato anyway.

The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

I write to share my madness with all.

Rubia Ryu the Royal wrote:
Spoiler: minor one from pre-trial
Besides, I think people are just going to start shipping her with Susato anyway.

I mean, in all fairness...
Spoiler:
It kind of feels like the game is actively shipping Haori and Susato together, with how they seemed to be in a contest of who can flatter the other more. That, and as mentioned before how they toss the case one culprit together. Like I said in the chat, Haori has a prominent place in the key art. So she will probably appear again, connected to Susato.

On a related note to the above, did anyone else completely lose it when
Spoiler:
The Judge came out of nowhere to also toss the culprit? I haven't laughed so hard in a long time. That being said, it's very suspicious that's he's only the second judge to ever get a name, counting Justine Courtney.

I fell into fanfic hell many years ago. This place is my home now.

That said,
"Mamemomi Heita" really does just sound like a bunch of gibberish. And no, I couldn't find any particular meaning behind the kanji in his name either. I truly believe his name was created just so Souseki could make a fool out of himself on the stand by revealing it.

I have a suggestion.

Could it be "mame"=diligently/devotedly, and "momi" (the gerund form of momu)= to argue/fight, and heita could be "hater"?

Is there any chance of the footage from today's stream being posted anywhere? I missed large chunks of it due to being at work, and I ordered a physical copy so it'll take a while to reach me :acro:

Racing through the sky like a Missile

Kotori wrote:

That said,

I have a suggestion.

Could it be "mame"=diligently/devotedly, and "momi" (the gerund form of momu)= to argue/fight, and heita could be "hater"?

Spoiler: response, major case spoilers
They're loosely related in some way, true, but I don't think that's it. The way he kept repeating his last name over and over and that it's usually highlighted in red may either suggest it has plot significance down the line or that it's meant to be said as a tongue twister. And while he was angry with Jezail, I don't think "hater" really applies to him. If we're to believe him, it was a spur of the moment murder, not a planned one.

That said, I can see there being more to him than meets the eye. Perhaps he'll come back into play in a later case?

Quote:
Is there any chance of the footage from today's stream being posted anywhere? I missed large chunks of it due to being at work, and I ordered a physical copy so it'll take a while to reach me :acro:

Seconded. I was there for most of the stream, but due to lag and bad connections, I missed a good deal too. :(
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

Happy Maria

Just started the case. At the second testimony.

Spoiler:
I don't really get why Haori removed the knife from the victim since she's a medical student if it would just cause her to loose more blood. In fact, that would just cement herself as the real killer technically, right? But I bet the contradiction lies in the last statement with the motive.

Though I swear if the journalist didn't do it I'll be super disappointed.

Also, 'unnecessary feelings' lol

I write to share my madness with all.

Socot wrote:

Spoiler:
I don't really get why Haori removed the knife from the victim since she's a medical student if it would just cause her to loose more blood. In fact, that would just cement herself as the real killer technically, right? But I bet the contradiction lies in the last statement with the motive.

Spoiler:
Wait, where is there a line about unnecessary feelings? Because knowing Shu Takumi, he would totally do that on purpose just to mess with his audience.

I fell into fanfic hell many years ago. This place is my home now.

Happy Maria

:adrian:
Snowthefirst wrote:
Socot wrote:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Wait, where is there a line about unnecessary feelings? Because knowing Shu Takumi, he would totally do that on purpose just to mess with his audience.

Spoiler:
At the start. Poor Haori is very confused about her best friend looking so....'gallant'.

1000% Knight

Spoiler:
So is Jezail's "謎は女を綺麗にするの" a direct Conan reference?

(Vermouth would be proud either way.)

Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

Happy Maria

Forgot about this game somehow. Continuing on with it. At the
Spoiler:
4th
testimony now.

Spoiler:
Man, like I thought, the journalist did it. And the fountain pen is definite proof. Glad I called it.

Susato's sprites are gold. I like her confident sprite, but also the one where she's pointing but confused.

The new music for the journalist is also good. The new eccentric theme, I believe.

It feels weird how Susato didn't know what a journalist was. Lol at calling him a scumbag for peeking in though.

I can't wait to see what Natsume is hiding. Or how it's even relevant to the case. Man, this just keeps getting better and better.

I dunno why I'm taking so long to finish this though. Next time I play this is when I'm finishing it for good. This is just the first case, after all. And it's better paced than DGS1's first case so far, too.

Knight of the Court

Socot wrote:

Spoiler:
The new music for the journalist is also good. The new eccentric theme, I believe.

Actually
Spoiler:
Mamemomi has his own unique theme. It's kind of weird that he does, given that it only plays once or twice.

Something something please localize DGS.

Happy Maria

BigKlingy wrote:
Socot wrote:

Spoiler:

Actually
Spoiler:
Mamemomi has his own unique theme. It's kind of weird that he does, given that it only plays once or twice.

Huh, weird.
Anyway I finished the case about a week or so ago. Thoughts below.
Spoiler: D2-1
Man this case got intense fast. The journalist was a good villain. His confrontation didn't drag on as much as Jezail's at least. His breakdown was great.

Saddest part of the case by far was Auchi's breakdown. I gave a small prayer to him. Absolutely tragic. One of the best AA antiheroes by far.

Lots of suspicious stuff here too. Most of all the judge, Jigoku I believe his name was. Him even having a name is suspect. Plus the way he tossed the journalist so easily. He's going to kill sooner or later.

Still, this was a pretty good first case. I'd say it's pretty close to 6-1 currently.

I'll probably start The Memoirs of the Clouded Kokoro next month. Not a fan of D-4, probably not going to be a fan of this either.

The video game boy; the one who wins

Spoiler:
Oof, rest in peace brettch. It was intense from the get-go and ended up raising even more questions about both her and Asougi and I hope they will be answered in this game at least... Damn it that the judge chose to come and do his toss and take Susato's dad with him so that we were left hanging on all accounts.

I knew Susato would dress up as a dude at some point in this game, but I had no idea she would actually be a player character and that made me happy. But also sad because she'd make a great defense attorney if only she was allowed. Maybe it's because of her previous court experience that despite nerves, she felt like one of the most competent first-case-greenhorns. I liked how she had her own animations but also took over some mannerisms from Ryuu. It was cute how Haori swooned over her.

Good to see some familiar faces other than the victim. For me the journalist was almost hidden in plain sight because I thought him running around Souseki was more a gag than him being an actual character. I liked him and his animations and I thought he was a good villain.

All in all I really liked the case and it felt like a nice starting point that had a pretty satisfying conclusion while also promising interesting stuff for the rest of the game.

(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)

Happy Maria

Going for Miles wrote:
Spoiler:
Oof, rest in peace brettch. It was intense from the get-go and ended up raising even more questions about both her and Asougi and I hope they will be answered in this game at least... Damn it that the judge chose to come and do his toss and take Susato's dad with him so that we were left hanging on all accounts.

I knew Susato would dress up as a dude at some point in this game, but I had no idea she would actually be a player character and that made me happy. But also sad because she'd make a great defense attorney if only she was allowed. Maybe it's because of her previous court experience that despite nerves, she felt like one of the most competent first-case-greenhorns. I liked how she had her own animations but also took over some mannerisms from Ryuu. It was cute how Haori swooned over her.

Good to see some familiar faces other than the victim. For me the journalist was almost hidden in plain sight because I thought him running around Souseki was more a gag than him being an actual character. I liked him and his animations and I thought he was a good villain.

All in all I really liked the case and it felt like a nice starting point that had a pretty satisfying conclusion while also promising interesting stuff for the rest of the game.

Geez catching up to me XD I may have to stop responding to these till I finish DGS2 myself after this.

Spoiler:
Yeah, this was a fun first case and was much better that D1-1. It didn't drag on as much and I liked Mamemomi enough. His breakdown was the best thing ever though and I loved how the judge randomly tossed him at the end. I like the murder method too, was very clever.

Also Auchi's breakdown was so sad :,(

The video game boy; the one who wins

Quote:
Geez catching up to me XD I may have to stop responding to these till I finish DGS2 myself after this.

:edgey: Ah, I see.

Spoiler:
Quote:
Yeah, this was a fun first case and was much better that D1-1. It didn't drag on as much and I liked Mamemomi enough. His breakdown was the best thing ever though and I loved how the judge randomly tossed him at the end. I like the murder method too, was very clever.

I like D1-1 too but this one absolutely felt tighter and I like it better too. The judge was probably the last person I'd expected to see in that situation xD Yes, it was a bit confusing first and then when it was revealed it just made sense rather than being some complicated scheme.

Quote:
Also Auchi's breakdown was so sad :,(

That poor man. :payne:

(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)

Downloaded this game on sale. Played through the first case today, my thoughts (without reading anyone else's yet):

Spoiler: Case 1
Err, so... everyone is a huge moron, aren't they? Susato's identity is revealed in the post-trial because Haori called her 'Susato'... except she's been doing that the entire trial, for the entire courtroom to hear. How did they not hear, or put two and two together then?

So Mamemomi poisons Jezail, with a poison that only a select few individuals know the existence of... He is the biggest moron of this trial. Seriously, why does he think it's a good idea to publish an article detailing the poison? Y'know, you'd think he'd want to lay low, make sure no one can find out he did it. But nope, it's like he's bragging about his crime for all to see. He could have easily gotten away with it too had he not published that article. Haori had already been arrested under the assumption she'd stabbed Jezail, there was no need to even let people know of the poison.

The only possible way being that the moment the trial starts, and the poison became apparent, Mikotoba (Susato's father) should have noticed that a strange man walked into the research office the other day where the poison (suspiciously missing) was kept. And oh, there's a pen with his initials, which we also have from the get go.

It was refreshing playing a new ace attorney game after so long, and the idea of having Susato as the defense attorney was quite humorous too. But the trial only works with everyone being really stupid, even for Ace Attorney standards, and I kinda missed the features DGS 1 had for the future trials. I heard the rest of the game is better.

Happy Maria

Lone wrote:
Downloaded this game on sale. Played through the first case today, my thoughts (without reading anyone else's yet):

Spoiler: Case 1
Err, so... everyone is a huge moron, aren't they? Susato's identity is revealed in the post-trial because Haori called her 'Susato'... except she's been doing that the entire trial, for the entire courtroom to hear. How did they not hear, or put two and two together then?

So Mamemomi poisons Jezail, with a poison that only a select few individuals know the existence of... He is the biggest moron of this trial. Seriously, why does he think it's a good idea to publish an article detailing the poison? Y'know, you'd think he'd want to lay low, make sure no one can find out he did it. But nope, it's like he's bragging about his crime for all to see. He could have easily gotten away with it too had he not published that article. Haori had already been arrested under the assumption she'd stabbed Jezail, there was no need to even let people know of the poison.

The only possible way being that the moment the trial starts, and the poison became apparent, Mikotoba (Susato's father) should have noticed that a strange man walked into the research office the other day where the poison (suspiciously missing) was kept. And oh, there's a pen with his initials, which we also have from the get go.

It was refreshing playing a new ace attorney game after so long, and the idea of having Susato as the defense attorney was quite humorous too. But the trial only works with everyone being really stupid, even for Ace Attorney standards, and I kinda missed the features DGS 1 had for the future trials. I heard the rest of the game is better.

Spoiler:
Well, obviously. The main reason she even got away with that was because the judge was in on it. And Auchi...well, he's just an idiot. You raise a fair point about the article, but I'm pretty sure that it was published before the murder and Mamemomi didn't have the intention of killing Jezail till he confronted her that day. ...Did he even publish the article, actually? My memory's hazy on that front. But yeah, Jezail also seemingly dying to a stab wound helped hide the poison well. Him having the same initials as Haori is also a lucky coincidence which worked in his favour.

Spoiler:
Right, the judge has a reason, less so the witnesses. I'm pretty sure it said the newspaper was published this morning, Mikotoba hadn't even had time to read it yet. Although, even Mamemomi published it first and THEN poisoned Jezail, he's still an idiot for using submitting that photo to the police with his cracked camera lens.

Happy Maria

Lone wrote:
Spoiler:
Right, the judge has a reason, less so the witnesses. I'm pretty sure it said the newspaper was published this morning, Mikotoba hadn't even had time to read it yet. Although, even Mamemomi published it first and THEN poisoned Jezail, he's still an idiot for using submitting that photo to the police with his cracked camera lens.

Spoiler:
Well yes, it was a spur of the moment killing so obviously he couldn't have anticipated that actually being relevant. As for the photo, he simply felt it would implicate the defendant, which is why he decided to share it with the court. An idiot move, sure, but more reasonable than the others.

Page 1 of 1 [ 20 posts ] 

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Baker Street » Great Exhibition (TGAA2)