Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby

Page 37 of 42[ 1657 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40 ... 42  Next

Re: Miles Edgeworth: Gay or GAY?Topic%20Title

The Twisted Samurai

Adrian in black wrote:
General Tommy wrote:
IIRC, during one interview about what kind of girls Edgeworth liked, the response was "he doesn't like girls".

Yes, but does he like women?

This thread is totally awesome.

My answer
"The hammer that strikes too fast has no time to aim."

Wrighting wrongs since 2009.

Alexis wrote:
And I don't see how he -couldn't- be asexual, really. XD If he ever got in a relationship of any sort, I sorta imagine him hardly ever doing anything other than sleeping in his bed. XD Since he's more of a "No touchies plz" person, it would take very much for him to change that even for someone he loved. XD

Aphephobia (the fear or dislike of being touched) doesn't necessarily equal asexuality by itself, though.

My personal take is that Miles is EXTREMELY guarded emotionally anyway, and that extends to him not being big on people touching him. (Also, he's such a neat freak, too: that might be part of it as well. Other people touching him might mess him up or something.) But there are plenty of people who do have a sexual preference who just aren't big on other people touching them.

Another theory is that his dislike of being touched is due to him either having had a bad experience, or being betrayed by people who have been physically affectionate towards him. (Yeah, I'm one of those people who theorises about Manfred/Miles. Deal with it.)

That said, I can see him letting down the barriers a bit for someone who he could completely trust, and who'd demonstrated that they weren't going to use him, abandon him or otherwise mess him around. I suspect it would take a hell of a long time to get to that stage with him, too. (And that few others in the AAverse besides Phoenix have that level of tenacity to try...)

The Not-So-Metaphorical Poet

^

I agree with the "letting down the barriers for a bit" bit there, but wouldn't it be more of opening up to Phoenix as a friend more than a lover? I mean, sure, he can completely trust Nick. But that doesn't necessarily mean he's GAY for him--it may only mean that he trusts him as a confidant. They're best friends, for Christ's sake, and I don't think Edgeworth would dare go past that (given his personality) because it might end up breaking the trust between them should something bad happen if they ever get together.

Heh. Never thought getting in debates would be this fun. I call jump in!

Self-made signature. ^_^

inb4 For those who may think otherwise, I'm a guy.

Resident Artist

LadyLuckDoubt wrote:
Another theory is that his dislike of being touched is due to him either having had a bad experience, or being betrayed by people who have been physically affectionate towards him. (Yeah, I'm one of those people who theorises about Manfred/Miles. Deal with it.)

...Actually, I am one of those people as well. But I'm more of a "Manfred was doing things to Miles" rather than "they hooked up together" person.
One of my theories as to why Miles doesn't allow anyone to touch him, is that he only ever experienced "bad touch" and hence it's been going on for so long he believes that touch only brings pain and suffering. D: And he has yet to learn that it's different in reality.

Also, he might be so defensive towards people, because everyone he's ever trusted and believed in disappeared, like his father and von Karma. He might be afraid to trust someone else, because he's also afraid he'd be left alone again or betrayed D:
"Home is an empty dream, lost to the night;
Father, I feel so alone..."

My OTP of OTP's. <3

Alexis wrote:
LadyLuckDoubt wrote:

...Actually, I am one of those people as well. But I'm more of a "Manfred was doing things to Miles" rather than "they hooked up together" person.
One of my theories as to why Miles doesn't allow anyone to touch him, is that he only ever experienced "bad touch" and hence it's been going on for so long he believes that touch only brings pain and suffering. D: And he has yet to learn that it's different in reality.

Also, he might be so defensive towards people, because everyone he's ever trusted and believed in disappeared, like his father and von Karma. He might be afraid to trust someone else, because he's also afraid he'd be left alone again or betrayed D:

Poor Miles. D: I can totally see this as well, though. I always imagined that Manfred was doing something to Miles when he was growing up. D:
Thanks to .•°٭blinq٭°•. for the lovely sig. ♥
"Note to Self: Don't get in crouton's way when it comes to Edgeworth. She WILL bite." - PhoenixFire

Wrighting wrongs since 2009.

mainframe004 wrote:
I agree with the "letting down the barriers for a bit" bit there, but wouldn't it be more of opening up to Phoenix as a friend more than a lover? I mean, sure, he can completely trust Nick. But that doesn't necessarily mean he's GAY for him--it may only mean that he trusts him as a confidant.

Could be, but I see something more there-- there's a uniqueness to their relationship which in my mind goes well beyond friendship. Furthermore, when you take into account how few people Miles can trust like that, and the 'unneccessary feelings' thing... I don't think he's all "I'm gay for you now jump on me like I'm a bouncy castle!" but that there's a HUGE level of confusion on his part about whatever he's feeling.

mainframe004 wrote:
They're best friends, for Christ's sake, and I don't think Edgeworth would dare go past that (given his personality) because it might end up breaking the trust between them should something bad happen if they ever get together.

Oh, YES. I think if they were to hook up, it would take a HELL of a long time, and would be fraught with complication as well as the mundane stuff couples have trouble working out any way. And I think both of them would have issues about "what if this fucks with our friendship?"

mainframe004 wrote:
Heh. Never thought getting in debates would be this fun. I call jump in!

This is one thing I love about fandom. It's debate and seeing things from a new angle and getting together and just, well, discussing characters we love... I love the debates, until they get personal or people start acting like dickheads. :)

Alexis wrote:
I'm more of a "Manfred was doing things to Miles" rather than "they hooked up together" person.

Yeah: I never detailled what my theories were because I'm not 100% sure. I'm leaning towards Manfred manipulating the hell out of Miles and managing to throw enough emotional abuse at the poor kid that he felt any attention in a non-confrontational light would be better than none and would wind up mistaking it for love. Which is horribly, horribly fucked up. Even if Miles wasn't okay with what was happening, he had that loyalty towards Manfred and I could see him "consenting" even though he was offering consent under very subtle duress that he wasn't even aware of.

Alexis wrote:

Totally. I sometimes wonder if littlekid!Miles felt abadoned and a bit bitter by his dad dying, and conflicted because he thought he'd killed him.

Waiting on Godot...

I'd like to think he's not gay, but It's fun to draw yaoi of any good looking guy- gay or not ^^ It's an aesthetics thing. Sadly- Miles hasn't had a straight hook up in the WHOLE game that I like, and untill that happens, I prefer not to speculate and draw it for fun. If they were to ever give him a believable hook up then I'd be like I am with Diego x Mia- Preference to that. The closest hook up I see is Maya (cause frankly- Maya x Phoenix is like brother and sister to me), but really- who ACTUALLY gets close to Miles at all in the game besides Phoenix? Friend or more than friend- the yaoi fanbase has a point on Miles atleast (Phoenix is dubious).

I hope Miles finds love some day. CAPCOM do tease us so XD Yaoi sells to the fangirls though :)

((Waits for the anti yaoi spam >.> ))
ImageImageImageImage

The cape is self-fluttering

Arkillian wrote:
I'd like to think he's not gay, but It's fun to draw yaoi of any good looking guy- gay or not ^^ It's an aesthetics thing. Sadly- Miles hasn't had a straight hook up in the WHOLE game that I like, and untill that happens, I prefer not to speculate and draw it for fun. If they were to ever give him a believable hook up then I'd be like I am with Diego x Mia- Preference to that. The closest hook up I see is Maya (cause frankly- Maya x Phoenix is like brother and sister to me), but really- who ACTUALLY gets close to Miles at all in the game besides Phoenix? Friend or more than friend- the yaoi fanbase has a point on Miles atleast (Phoenix is dubious).

I hope Miles finds love some day. CAPCOM do tease us so XD Yaoi sells to the fangirls though :)

((Waits for the anti yaoi spam >.> ))

Yeah... it's kind of hard to find a good straight hookup when the only ladies who hit on him are Oldbag and Bikini. :hobolaugh:
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

My OTP of OTP's. <3

Adrian in black wrote:
Yeah... it's kind of hard to find a good straight hookup when the only ladies who hit on him are Oldbag and Bikini. :hobolaugh:

True, so true my friend. :think:
"Note to Self: Don't get in crouton's way when it comes to Edgeworth. She WILL bite." - PhoenixFire

I'll ship who I want to :D

I just tend to go by little hints dropped by creators in interviews, the game, and the art book. So yeah, Edgey's probably gay.

LadyLuckDoubt wrote:
Oh, YES. I think if they were to hook up, it would take a HELL of a long time, and would be fraught with complication as well as the mundane stuff couples have trouble working out any way. And I think both of them would have issues about "what if this fucks with our friendship?"

It also doesn't help that this would be a gay relationship. It could bring trauma to the two of them, and may only serve to wreck their friendship even further if things go wrong. The whole gayness thing could also keep Edgeworth away from hooking up with him, on the other hand. He's a man of class, and I don't think that includes homosexuality.

I agree with the copious amounts of femininity surrounding him, though. He wears pink and frills and makes it look good on men. XD

Self-made signature. ^_^

Oh boy oh boy oh boy!

Just because he wears frilly clothes and is more comfortable around men doesn't necessarily make him gay....I sometimes wear girl's jeans and hang out with mostly guys yet I'm not gay.... :yuusaku:
Life's a Happy Song when there's someone by your side to sing along!

Yaragorm wrote:
Just because he wears frilly clothes and is more comfortable around men doesn't necessarily make him gay....I sometimes wear girl's jeans and hang out with mostly guys yet I'm not gay.... :yuusaku:

'Gay' and 'feminine' are two very different things, my good man. :edgy:

Self-made signature. ^_^

Oh boy oh boy oh boy!

mainframe004 wrote:
Yaragorm wrote:

That's what I'm trying to say....I think....

The Twisted Samurai

mainframe004 wrote:
He's a man of class, and I don't think that includes homosexuality.

But homosexuality doesn´t EXCLUDE class :yuusaku:
"The hammer that strikes too fast has no time to aim."

Ace Fangirl

mainframe004 wrote:
Yaragorm wrote:

Why was the first thought I had after reading this "I wonder if Edgeworth wears women's underwear"? (XD)

RoundedEdge wrote:
Why was the first thought I had after reading this "I wonder if Edgeworth wears women's underwear"? (XD)

OH DEAR CHRIST CANNOT UNSEE @_____@

Self-made signature. ^_^

WAAAAAAAGH!

mainframe004 wrote:
RoundedEdge wrote:

OH DEAR CHRIST CANNOT UNSEE @_____@

I must agree.

RoundedEdge wrote:
mainframe004 wrote:
Yaragorm wrote:

Well, if anything, I'm sure he has the hips to pull it off.

He probably wouldn't get into french lace crotches (or crotchless?), but I bet if he could find a nice low-riding boy brief, he might be tempted. To be honest, I see him as more of a silk boxer kind of guy, though, or boxer-briefs.

.....And I'm getting a serious case of déjà vu all of a sudden. :wacky-edgy:
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

Oh boy oh boy oh boy!

Adrian in black wrote:
Well, if anything, I'm sure he has the hips to pull it off.

He probably wouldn't get into french lace crotches (or crotchless?), but I bet if he could find a nice low-riding boy brief, he might be tempted. To be honest, I see him as more of a silk boxer kind of guy, though, or boxer-briefs.

.....And I'm getting a serious case of déjà vu all of a sudden. :wacky-edgy:

CANNOT UNTHINK. ಠ_ಠ

Last edited by Yaragorm on Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

...You're going to dream about this tonight, aren't you?

...NAILED IT

Adrian in black wrote:

Oh, dear God, I hope not. @_@ Considering that it's Halloween, it just might happen...

Self-made signature. ^_^

Oh boy oh boy oh boy!

Adrian in black wrote:

I certainly hope not. :edgeworth:

Yaragorm wrote:
Adrian in black wrote:

:moe-laugh:

Well, good. Then maybe I can.

...NAILED IT

Oh boy oh boy oh boy!

Adrian in black wrote:
Yaragorm wrote:
Adrian in black wrote:

:moe-laugh:

Well, good. Then maybe I can.

Now that I think about it, I've worn ladie's underwear before just because my cousin said it's more comfortable....he was right. :bellboy:

My OTP of OTP's. <3

mainframe004 wrote:
It also doesn't help that this would be a gay relationship. It could bring trauma to the two of them, and may only serve to wreck their friendship even further if things go wrong. The whole gayness thing could also keep Edgeworth away from hooking up with him, on the other hand. He's a man of class, and I don't think that includes homosexuality.

Why in the hell would him being gay make him less classy? That sounds rather prejudiced to me.

Oh boy oh boy oh boy!

I think what he's trying to say is that not all classy people are gay. I think...

crouton wrote:
Why in the hell would him being gay make him less classy? That sounds rather prejudiced to me.

I never said it would make him any less classy than he already is. I'm just saying that he might have second thoughts about something that is somewhat of a rocky road, in my opinion.

Yaragorm wrote:
I think what he's trying to say is that not all classy people are gay. I think...

Well, not exactly. I meant that being a man of class, Edgeworth might just rethink the whole gay thing. At least, that's what I think.

Self-made signature. ^_^

Oh boy oh boy oh boy!

Oh so you're saying that other classy people would look down on him for being gay.............I'm not sure if that proves he isn't though....he may be in the closet.

I wouldn't think any less of him if he were gay, although.....

Moving on up!

mainframe004 wrote:
Yaragorm wrote:

Well, not exactly. I meant that being a man of class, Edgeworth might just rethink the whole gay thing. At least, that's what I think.

Well, someone doesn't know their history of homosexuality at all, do they?

I believe that most Ancient Greek senators had homosexual relationships with young men (ones considerably younger than them).
Thanks to Blinq for the awesome sig. Click the sig, see my stuff.
Edgeworth/Maya Community. A friends, as lovers, as part of OT3s. All Welcome.
"Yeah, I wouldn't go asking random guys if you can lick their penor." crouton December 2009

Yaragorm wrote:
Oh so you're saying that other classy people would look down on him for being gay.............I'm not sure if that proves he isn't though....he may be in the closet.

I wouldn't think any less of him if he were gay, although.....

I wouldn't think any less of him, either, but you have to admit that in today's society, some people do look down on gay people. I'm not one of them, though; I'm just saying that people MIGHT look down on him in the AA universe for being gay.

Lunaria42 wrote:
Well, someone doesn't know their history of homosexuality at all, do they?

I believe that most Ancient Greek senators had homosexual relationships with young men (ones considerably younger than them).

Ah, I apologize for leaving this very valid point out. The whole 'intellectual intercourse' thing. Yes, it could work towards the "Edgeworth is gay" theory, knowing that he does strive for diligence and perfection (in the earlier cases, at least). Touche, Lunaria42.

Self-made signature. ^_^

Oh boy oh boy oh boy!

Lunaria42 wrote:

I have lost all faith in Ancient Greece......

Does that mean Edgeworth is a pedophile? :beef:

Yaragorm wrote:

I just imagined Edgeworth exploiting Machi Tobaye... *shudders*

Self-made signature. ^_^

Oh boy oh boy oh boy!

This thread is good for my daily visual trauma. :beef:

Moving on up!

Yaragorm wrote:
Lunaria42 wrote:

I have lost all faith in Ancient Greece......

Oh my god, you should really start thinking before typing anything.

mainframe004 wrote:
Ah, I apologize for leaving this very valid point out. The whole 'intellectual intercourse' thing. Yes, it could work towards the "Edgeworth is gay" theory, knowing that he does strive for diligence and perfection (in the earlier cases, at least). Touche, Lunaria42.

"Intellectual." Yeah, that's a good word for it.

Edgeworth is totally oblivious to the canonly beautiful women in the game. The women that all the other guys drool over. Now, that's not totally decisive because we aren't in his thoughts except for 3-5 and AAI. I think that game will reveal more about his possible sexuality.

I personally prefer him to be bi-sexual because it's fun to imagine him with a woman and being flustered with everything that women do in relationships.
Thanks to Blinq for the awesome sig. Click the sig, see my stuff.
Edgeworth/Maya Community. A friends, as lovers, as part of OT3s. All Welcome.
"Yeah, I wouldn't go asking random guys if you can lick their penor." crouton December 2009

Yaragorm wrote:
This thread is good for my daily visual trauma. :beef:

Glad to be of service! :moe-laugh: LMAO

...NAILED IT

Apply directly to the forehead

Location: New Mexico (If you can find any more empty space, your in Paris Hilton's brain)

I think that if Edgeworth was gay he would not really be looking for a relationship with Phoenix. I think Edgeworth is very self conscious as to what would the general public, his superiors, co-workers, and friends would think about him not only being gay, but also being in a relationship with his so called enemy. Though Phoenix would not be phased by the criticism they would receive I think Edgeworth would. He just comes off as a man who wants his relationships private and if he were with Phoenix and the public knew, his relationship would not be private.

Ace Fangirl

SD-Rim_6 wrote:
I think that if Edgeworth was gay he would not really be looking for a relationship with Phoenix. I think Edgeworth is very self conscious as to what would the general public, his superiors, co-workers, and friends would think about him not only being gay, but also being in a relationship with his so called enemy. Though Phoenix would not be phased by the criticism they would receive I think Edgeworth would. He just comes off as a man who wants his relationships private and if he were with Phoenix and the public knew, his relationship would not be private.

Yeah, I know. I mean, in this homophobic world, he wouldn't really want to expose himself as gay. Especially as people have lost their jobs because they're gay, and his career is really important to him.

Maybe he's still in denial of his sexuality?

SD-Rim_6 wrote:

My thoughts exactly in my last recent posts. I was just thinking that the criticism and social stigma might get to Edgeworth if he ever decides to hook up with Wright. It could even prevent him from doing so in the first place.

RoundedEdge wrote:
Yeah, I know. I mean, in this homophobic world, he wouldn't really want to expose himself as gay. Especially as people have lost their jobs because they're gay, and his career is really important to him.

Another astoundingly valid point. Being a prosecutor is pretty much Edgeworth's life, and I don't think he would risk losing it over a romance with his best friend.

Self-made signature. ^_^

RoundedEdge wrote:
SD-Rim_6 wrote:

Maybe he's still in denial of his sexuality?

...Sorry, but I just don't see Edgeworth doing that. Not for that reason. I do see him as someone who would refrain from flaunting his relationships, but only for the benefit of the other person (for example, protecting them from tabloid drama). Trying to play like he's straight in public but gay in the bedroom doesn't fit Edgeworth's character at all. I mean, if this is the same guy who despises dishonesty, it doesn't make sense for him to turn around and pretend to be something he's not. If he has a certain preference, it isn't likely he would deliberately try to hide it.

And while public image is important, I don't see Edgeworth denying himself or sacrificing a relationship for the sake of his career. If it came down to one or the other, he's a smart, resourceful guy...he would find a way to accommodate both. Edgeworth only seems to care about image if people are spreading lies about him; why should it bother him if people discover the true nature of his relationship with another person? And if they are bothered by it...well, Edgeworth has come under fire for much, much worse. I think he'll survive.

...NAILED IT
Page 37 of 42 [ 1657 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40 ... 42  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby