Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby

Page 1 of 1[ 14 posts ]

Question - Phoenix Wright's haircut style.Topic%20Title

When I grow up, I wanna be a hobo!

Hello!

I have a rather weird question, but an important one. I'm curious to know this because I am going to do something with it in the near future and would like to know the answer so that I might be accurate as possible with the character.

It's about Phoenix Wright's hairstyle - how does it actually go? Does he have two rows of spikes above his ears on both sides of his head, or are the spikes all over the back of his head as well? Looking at him from the front, 45°, and the side profile shots, you still can't really tell. I have seen both the sides-spike arrangement and the spikes all over the back of his head in the official art, which doesn't help things.

Examples:

I don't have a screencap, but his dream in Justice For All shows him with the hairstyle on the right. The makeable papercraft art of him (available from this site) gives him another hairstyle altogether. It suggests he has the style on the right, plus another row of spikes going down the back of his head.

So yeah, which way does his hair go?

Thank you in advance. ^_^
- Kat

Additional: Has anyone else noticed that Phoenix has a really gentle look about him overall (when he's not pointing the finger of doom, or yelling stuff in court)? Most of the art I have seen of him just makes him look friendly, calm, a nice guy, and very approachable. Ah well, random thought, hehe.
Phoenix: I'm with stupid.
Edgeworth: OBJECTION!!
Re: Question - Phoenix Wright's haircut style.Topic%20Title

Timid Defendant

The only silly question is the one you don't ask :3 let's examine this face on picture of Phoenix:

As you might notice, the spikes part out at either side, yet the top of his hair is smooth, and has no visible lines where spikes might be. This leads me to believe that your idea of two columns of spikes either side of his head would probably make the most sense. Feel free to object anyone, but make sure you have decisive evidence. :D
Redd White (age 17) Hey Grossberg, I bet you couldn't stuff 11 lemons up your nose!
Grossburg (age 19) You're on!

And that's why :D

How is this Important to the Future of Phoenix Wright? Ack
ImageImageImageImage

The Missing Link

Kat_Aclysm wrote:
Examples:

The one on the left is more accurate imo. I think he has spike all over the back of head which can't really be seen most the time.

HyperJerk wrote:

It's very important!

I actually make Custom Plush characters and want to make a Phoenix Wright plushie (dunno how long it will take me to get around to him though). I wanted his hairstyle to be accurate. You shouldn't screw up on a piece of fanart like that, afterall!

Master of sharp things!

I believe he has two rows of spikes on either side of his head, and some smaller ones spread out along the back of the head between the two large rows.

Am I your wild-type?

Kat_Aclysm wrote:
HyperJerk wrote:

It's very important!

I actually make Custom Plush characters and want to make a Phoenix Wright plushie (dunno how long it will take me to get around to him though). I wanted his hairstyle to be accurate. You shouldn't screw up on a piece of fanart like that, afterall!

Oooooo... I'll pay you however much money you want if you make one of him (and Edgeworth) for me... >3

Eh? Well, I don't know, but I always thought that he had two rows along the sides of his head (sorta like the "wings" of a phoenix, if you see what I'm saying)

Morinozuka Takashi wrote:
Oooooo... I'll pay you however much money you want if you make one of him (and Edgeworth) for me... >3

Eheeh... ^___^;

I'd really like to do Edgey and Nick, but right now I don't think I could get to do it at all. I was seriously thinking about it though, once I finish my current projects. When I do make and finish em, I'll post pictures and so forth up here. ^_^ But I don't think I would be allowed to sell fanart plush through this forum at all, though.

Timid Defendant

Brandon Strong wrote:
Eh? Well, I don't know, but I always thought that he had two rows along the sides of his head (sorta like the "wings" of a phoenix, if you see what I'm saying)

I never thought of that before Oops Good thinking :3
Redd White (age 17) Hey Grossberg, I bet you couldn't stuff 11 lemons up your nose!
Grossburg (age 19) You're on!

And that's why :D

For Great Justice!

Phoenix's hair reminds me of Sonic the Hedgehog.

nuuuuu, stoooooop

Take that

*presents evidence*

As the sprites show, Phoenix appears to have spikes running down the center of his head as well.
ImageImage

http://www.court-records.net/screenshots1.htm Check out the picture of kid Phoenix near the bottom, it's a pretty good "from behind" picture, and it clearly shows the back of his hair. This supports that he has spikes all over the back of his head.

~There's Some Sorrow In Every Life~

Quote:
As the sprites show, Phoenix appears to have spikes running down the center of his head as well.

That seem's to be decisive evidence to me! I'd go with that.

Quote:
Well, I don't know, but I always thought that he had two rows along the sides of his head (sorta like the "wings" of a phoenix, if you see what I'm saying)

That sounds really cool! Phoenix has wings! (Inspired to do some random fanarts? i think so ^_^)
Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby