Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby

Page 53 of 60[ 2372 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56 ... 60  Next

Re: Phoenix Wright Cough UpsTopic%20Title

I've felt worse.

CatMuto wrote:
sumguy28 wrote:
Think about it this way. Lana claims that the victim was stabbed in the stomach. The police have an autopsy that proves he was stabbed in the chest. Tell me, how are most criminals convicted here? Contradictions. This lie only makes her look more guilty, which was exactly what she wanted.

And let me tell you, those developers certainly paid a hell lot more attention to the scripts than you ever did. Otherwise I wouldn't be quoting it so many damn times to correct your foggy memory.

Oh yeah a murderer contradicting himself on how he killed somebody is definitely gonna get him convicted better than a murderer who flat-out confesses their crime. :yuusaku:

And if they paid so much hell attention to the Script, why do they even have typos in it? Like the Prosecutor's Office instead of Prosecutors' Office unless there's only one prosecutor who has an office in that entire building. Or that idiotic idea of how Gant can't talk about the murder in the evidence locker unless proven that there's a connection between the Evidence Locker and the Parking Garage murder?
Come on, the file both says the same guy got killed, I'd say that proves a connection! Screw that entire part where Phoenix has to go fishing in Gant's testimony over this huge and only connection to SL-9 and hence the Evidence Locker murder by presenting the knife.

C-A

1. If Gumshoe wasn't there, Phoenix wouldn't have obtained an autopsy report, complained to the detective on the case that Lana said otherwise, then the prosecutor brings up the "murderers always lie" trick, making the defendant look more guilty in the eyes of that old man in the high chair. (Because when you boil it down, that's all that matters, convincing an old man that someone is guilty or not)
2. You're asking for no typos from Capcom. Do I even need to point out the huge flaw in your logic?
3. YOU have to prove it's relevance, then it can be shown.
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

sumguy28 wrote:
1. If Gumshoe wasn't there, Phoenix wouldn't have obtained an autopsy report, complained to the detective on the case that Lana said otherwise, then the prosecutor brings up the "murderers always lie" trick, making the defendant look more guilty in the eyes of that old man in the high chair. (Because when you boil it down, that's all that matters, convincing an old man that someone is guilty or not)

:udgy: thinks whatever the fuck the prosecutor tells him. Considering the prosecutor wants Lana in jail, LANA wants to get herself into jail, it's perfect. And again, the murderer confessed. She admitted to having killed someone.
I know there's still a trial and checking evidence in real-life law if the defendant confesses, but even in the world of AA and the real life, it's a pretty good way to get the Guilty verdict.

C-A

PS: Typos for 10 years? Okay, I didn't know that. But still... they never got better at it? Fuck those guys they have as developers, put me in there, I watch out for typos.

I've felt worse.

CatMuto wrote:
sumguy28 wrote:

:udgy: thinks whatever the fuck the prosecutor tells him. Considering the prosecutor wants Lana in jail, LANA wants to get herself into jail, it's perfect. And again, the murderer confessed. She admitted to having killed someone.
I know there's still a trial and checking evidence in real-life law if the defendant confesses, but even in the world of AA and the real life, it's a pretty good way to get the Guilty verdict.

C-A

PS: Typos for 10 years? Okay, I didn't know that. But still... they never got better at it? Fuck those guys they have as developers, put me in there, I watch out for typos.

In America, true, a self-confession would equate to a conviction. Not entirely true Japan. You know, the judicial system of which AA is heavily based off of.
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

sumguy28 wrote:

It may be loosely based off of the Japanese Law System. Considering how often I have been told on various threads that the AA Law does not really count like any real life law system (unless when those idiots deem to mention Contempt of Court twice in the entire series and Evidence Law for one single case) so Lana's confession could still get her the chair.

C-A

I've felt worse.

CatMuto wrote:
sumguy28 wrote:

It may be loosely based off of the Japanese Law System. Considering how often I have been told on various threads that the AA Law does not really count like any real life law system (unless when those idiots deem to mention Contempt of Court twice in the entire series and Evidence Law for one single case) so Lana's confession could still get her the chair.

C-A

Although both Ron and Wocky confessed, yet a trial was still held. Maya might have confessed in 2-2 off-screen (at the very least, she told Phoenix that she did it), and Larry was practically shouting TAKE ME in 1-1, so I think it's safe to assume that self-confession alone doesn't equate to an automatic verdict.

Anyways, I tire of speaking of this case. Moving on:

Name: Da funyarinpa is wrong with this court?
Type of cough-up: Defendant's privileges... or something?
Description: The court immediately buys Iris' claim that she saw Maya kill "Elise". Without any proof. Take a look. Since when could the defendant just accuse someone else of the murder that they're on trial for with baseless conjecture and be trusted? Moreover, if you get penalized enough times (for objecting to a testimony that would technically clear your client's name), Iris is still found guilty...

Considering the police and even other witnesses think the perfectly-innocent defendants have done that shit with no proper claim, why can't the defendant do it the other way around? Or we could say that Iris, being practically like a nun (I know she's not, but roll with it), she wouldn't lie. At least not something about this.

Name: You Psychic?
Case: 3-5
Problem: Channeling
Spoiler:
When Maya was attacked, she wrote a note and channeled Mia to tell her that she had just been attacked. Mia leaves her a note saying Maya should channel Dahlia as soon as possible, to keep herself safe. My problem is... how did Mia know who Maya had to channel? Maya herself states that it was too dark for her to see who was attacking her. Mia has no idea about Morgan's plan. How did Mia know to tell Maya to channel Dahlia of all people?

Maybe this Cough Up was already mentioned - I went through all the pages months ago, majority memory are the Locks in the Cave of 3-5 and the key from 2-2.

C-A

I can't be the only one with this ship?

Spoiler: case3-5
You can assume from the dialogue that Mia somehow knew Morgan's plan to hurt Mia, how she knew is a good question, I'm pretty sure she wasn't channeled in 3-5 until they were in court so how did she know about the plan?

Mia:
That's when Maya decided
she needed help...
So she channeled me.

Mia:
She explained in a memo
the situation she was in.

Mia:
She asked me what I thought
she should do.

Dahlia:
She did that...?
I can't believe it...

Mia:
Of course, I didn't have
all the details.

Mia:
But...
One thing was perfectly clear.

Judge:
And that was...?

Mia:
I knew that you couldn't
be allowed to wander free.

Phoenix:
Free...?
What do you mean?

Mia:
It was a race against time,
so I wrote down two things
that Maya had to do.

Mia:
Channel Dahlia Hawthorne
as soon as possible...

Mia:
...and lock herself in the
Sacred Cavern until help
arrived.

Phoenix:
(So it was Maya who put
that lock on there...)

Judge:
Yes, but why did you order
her to do those two things?

Mia:
If she hadn't done it...

Mia:
...Dahlia Hawthorne would've
been channeled by someone
else.

Mia:
By one Pearl Fey.

Phoenix:
P-Pearls?

Mia:
Yes. Pearl didn't properly
understand the plan.

Mia:
So all she was trying to do
was follow her mother,
Morgan Fey's instructions.

Mia:
If she had succeeded in
channeling Dahlia
Hawthorne's spirit...

Mia:
...things would have turned
out very badly, to put it
mildly

Boogy-oogy-oogy-oogy

Um... I must be missing something here, but...

Spoiler: 3-5
Dahlia knocks Godot's visor off his face during their scuffle.

Godot needs his visor to see.

How does he locate his visor if he's blind without it? Hell-- it takes me half an hour to find my glasses if I forget where I take them off, and then my vision is just blurry.

Voodoo Sprites
I do some graphics for Conflict of Interest.

Perhaps I'm remembering wrong, but isn't it mentioned once that Godot is almost blind without the visor? And even with a blurry vision - I know, my vision is very blurry without my glasses - he could've still done it. It's very likely that, at that point, Maya was cowering against the stonelamp and with Dahlia still walking around, it's easy to choose with silhouette to attack - the standing or the cowering one.

C-A

Boogy-oogy-oogy-oogy

CatMuto wrote:
Perhaps I'm remembering wrong, but isn't it mentioned once that Godot is almost blind without the visor? And even with a blurry vision - I know, my vision is very blurry without my glasses - he could've still done it. It's very likely that, at that point, Maya was cowering against the stonelamp and with Dahlia still walking around, it's easy to choose with silhouette to attack - the standing or the cowering one.

C-A

Nah, I mean... he could have stabbed Dahlia easy, even while blinded. But I'm not sure how he located his visor without causing a huge mess.
Voodoo Sprites

That, too, is easy... enough... kind of.
Godot turned all those lamps on, so that the place was lit up so he could clean up. It's likely that he notices the visor that, way, too.

C-A

I can't be the only one with this ship?

Spoiler: "3-2"
The case breaking contradiction is that Attemy knew that Ron was wearing the Masque costume at the crime(murder) right?. But Ron was wearing the costume when he was arresting I don't see why he wouldn't think he was wearing it. Look at his sprites he's wearing the costume without the mask pretty much.

Boogy-oogy-oogy-oogy

Nitpicky but still something that's been bothering me.

At the end of AAI-3, when Portsman and Faith show up, Miles hasn't met either of them. So Portsman's nametag is just "???" until he introduces himself. But Faith's nametag reads "Faith" even though Edgeworth shouldn't know his name. If anything, it should read "Jim" since that's what Portsman refers to him as in front of Edgeworth.
Voodoo Sprites

Voodoo Lady wrote:

At the end of AAI-3, when Portsman and Faith show up, Miles hasn't met either of them. So Portsman's nametag is just "???" until he introduces himself. But Faith's nametag reads "Faith" even though Edgeworth shouldn't know his name. If anything, it should read "Jim" since that's what Portsman refers to him as in front of Edgeworth.

Maybe Faith was literally wearing a nametag?

C-A

Name: Ladder Vs. Stepladder reinforced argument
Case: Depends/not entirely sure.

I noticed something in the Ladder Vs. Stepladder argument, that Phoenix is actually right, because ladders are what you'd see on like a boat, fixed, you can't take it down or move it. However, you can actually take down and carry somewhere else and use it, so Phoenix is actually Wright(I hate myself).

So...
:takethat:

Personally, I always figured ladders are just singularly and require to be fixed to something or leaning against a stable surface to be climbed, while stepladders are two and can be unfolded to support themselves.

C-A

CatMuto wrote:
Personally, I always figured ladders are just singularly and require to be fixed to something or leaning against a stable surface to be climbed, while stepladders are two and can be unfolded to support themselves.

C-A

Thats what I meant...

CatMuto wrote:
Voodoo Lady wrote:

Maybe Faith was literally wearing a nametag?

C-A

Or maybe they did that because the player already knows their names.

OC Attorney At Law!

Name: Bad Photograph
Type of cough-up: Alternate Case Solving
Location: Miles Edgeworth, the photograph in the elevator in turnabout goodby and the gun presented in the court.
Description:
In the photograph, we see that there are two bullet holes, one in Edgeworth's father and one in the elevator door.
This is a critical flaw, because One: The gun presented to the court was not the one from the DL6 incident, and only related to the first incident in this case. Two: The Gun was fired three times (According to all the testimonies) and if the gun from the DL6 incident was provided as evidence, well that leads to Three: There are two bullet holes in the elevator, why would three bullets be missing from a gun that was only fired twice?

Possibly, the gun in the elevator was only fired once, the gun that von carma used was the one that shot edgeworth's father. Dunno about you, but something seems fishy about that.

1000% Knight

Narutard 1.5 wrote:
Name: Bad Photograph
Type of cough-up: Alternate Case Solving
Location: Miles Edgeworth, the photograph in the elevator in turnabout goodby and the gun presented in the court.
Description:
In the photograph, we see that there are two bullet holes, one in Edgeworth's father and one in the elevator door.
This is a critical flaw, because One: The gun presented to the court was not the one from the DL6 incident, and only related to the first incident in this case. Two: The Gun was fired three times (According to all the testimonies) and if the gun from the DL6 incident was provided as evidence, well that leads to Three: There are two bullet holes in the elevator, why would three bullets be missing from a gun that was only fired twice?

Possibly, the gun in the elevator was only fired once, the gun that von carma used was the one that shot edgeworth's father. Dunno about you, but something seems fishy about that.

The gun in the court-record isn't the DL-6 incident gun, which was fired twice.
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

I've felt worse.

CatMuto wrote:
Oh and somebody just plain.... explain Redd White's office?! What's with the decorations? What the fuck kind of design is that for a desk? Is this just to show his eccentricity (I doubt that, nobody else had to have a house looking that whacky to prove it) or can we safely assume that Redd White is the one guy in AA who is officially labelled as gay? Or at least loving the d***s?

I know it's a three months late response, and my apologies if you already figured it out, but since no one posted anything, I'll just post it.
All the statues are modeled after Redd White. Now look at the statue of White holding up a globe with "BLUECORP" pasted on it again. The answer should now be obvious.
So no, he is not officially labeled as gay. Or at least loving the d***s.

Actually, speaking of 1-2,
Name: Why the wait?
Type of cough-up: Alternate case solving (i think)
Description: No one seems to notice that the murder took place at 9:00, and the call April May made to the police was made after Phoenix arrived at the scene, which was at 9:07. In other words, were April's testimony true, she would have witnessed the murder, then waited a minimum of seven minutes before she decided to call the police.

To be honest, I was making fun fo Redd White mostly... plus, it doesn't really explain the office. Narcissism and Egomania is nice and all, but I don't think that would result in a work office to look like that. As for the cough up you mention...

April could very well get away with saying "Well, I was in shock. It's not every day I see someone get killed!" which I guess is still sort of in the limit of possible time it takes for someone to fully process what they may have witnessed. Some people are pretty fast and take a mere minute or two to get themselves moving and working again. Others it may take a while, although within the span of 5 - 10 minutes, the shock should reside for the most part.

C-A

GREAT and POWERFUL Trixie's co-council

I think I found a contradiction in case 1-4.

Spoiler:
Why didn't Edgeworth recognize Yanni Yogi in the second day of trial? They met in the night of the murder, with Yogi pretending to be Robert Hammond. I know it was foggy, but they were close at the boat, so it shouldn't be a problem. When Yogi took the stand, Edgeworth should have said something. Probably they wouldn't believe him since he's the defendant... But Phoenix and Edgeworth talked between Yogi's and Larry's testimony. Why not telling him? Anyway, I think this is a contradiction.

EDIT:
Spoiler:
Ok, in the third day of investigation, Edgeworth says he doesn't remember the caretaker at all. Yet, he saw him as Robert Hammond the day of the murder. I think this is a contradiction.

I'm not English. Excuse my grammar errors.

I've felt worse.

SweetieBot wrote:
I think I found a contradiction in case 1-4.

Spoiler:
Why didn't Edgeworth recognize Yanni Yogi in the second day of trial? They met in the night of the murder, with Yogi pretending to be Robert Hammond. I know it was foggy, but they were close at the boat, so it shouldn't be a problem. When Yogi took the stand, Edgeworth should have said something. Probably they wouldn't believe him since he's the defendant... But Phoenix and Edgeworth talked between Yogi's and Larry's testimony. Why not telling him? Anyway, I think this is a contradiction.

EDIT:
Spoiler:
Ok, in the third day of investigation, Edgeworth says he doesn't remember the caretaker at all. Yet, he saw him as Robert Hammond the day of the murder. I think this is a contradiction.

Midnight on a boat in the middle of a lake in a park with no lampposts around with dense fog. The real contradiction is how they could even see at all.

sumguy28 wrote:
Midnight on a boat in the middle of a lake in a park with no lampposts around with dense fog. The real contradiction is how they could even see at all.

Actually, I have a better contradiction.

Why did neither Edgeworth or Larry mention anything about the other being at the park? Given Larry's testimony and when he left, it's likely he left Gourdy lake around the time when Edgeworth would arrive. Why did they not mention that? It would have made things go easier and faster.

C-A

Lacks the brain for meaningful posts.

CatMuto wrote:
sumguy28 wrote:

Actually, I have a better contradiction.

Why did neither Edgeworth or Larry mention anything about the other being at the park? Given Larry's testimony and when he left, it's likely he left Gourdy lake around the time when Edgeworth would arrive. Why did they not mention that? It would have made things go easier and faster.

C-A

Uh... What? I thought Larry was there at the time of the murder, while Edgeworth only arrived after Yanni had taken over Hammond?

Tiagofvarela wrote:
Uh... What? I thought Larry was there at the time of the murder, while Edgeworth only arrived after Yanni had taken over Hammond?

That still means there could be a good chance that Edgeworth arrived just as Larry was leaving. Hang on, I'm checking the Script of the case right now... Edgeworth says that the letter he got told him to go to Gourdy Lake at midnight and the murder took place 15 minutes afterwards. Larry heard a shot at 11:50, as he was leaving the area/passing the boat shop and going towards the exit of the lake/park. Edgeworth arrives around that time at the lake, meets up with "Hammond" at, let's say midnight exactly, and the shots were fired fifteen minutes later - because it's possible that getting onto the boat and rowing to the middle of the lake (which, according to the diagram of the scene we got, looked nothing like the middle) takes a good 10-15ish minutes.

There's a really high chance that Larry and Edgeworth saw each other as one was leaving and the other arriving.

C-A

I've felt worse.

CatMuto wrote:
There's a really high chance that Larry and Edgeworth saw each other as one was leaving and the other arriving.

Yet the possibility that they didn't see one another is just as likely.

sumguy28 wrote:
CatMuto wrote:

There is that chance, yes.
But one way to explaining is that they did see each other, but decided to ignore each other - well, Edgeworth would do that, given how he thinks about Larry. Larry, I don't know, it's likely that he would bug Edgeworth to at least acknowledge that he saw Larry. But Larry was (maybe?) still carrying the deflated Samurai around, so he may have tried to just scurry by.

C-A

I've felt worse.

CatMuto wrote:
sumguy28 wrote:
CatMuto wrote:

There is that chance, yes.
But one way to explaining is that they did see each other, but decided to ignore each other - well, Edgeworth would do that, given how he thinks about Larry. Larry, I don't know, it's likely that he would bug Edgeworth to at least acknowledge that he saw Larry. But Larry was (maybe?) still carrying the deflated Samurai around, so he may have tried to just scurry by.

C-A

You keep saying "likely". I thought this thread was to find and explain contradictions in the games, not make and insert them into the games.

Name: Techno-Fail
Case: 1-5, with connection to 1-4
Problem: Those fingerprint-lockers, the evidence room and DL-6 stuff

Those lockers in 1-5 with the fingerprint mechanic make no sense, if you think about it. Okay, so only the person who is assigned that locker can open it with their fingerprint, detected when opening the locker. But what about people like Gant or Goodman, who wear gloves? Do the lockers detect fingerprints then? Or would this result in the locker not opening, due to not detecting fingerprints?

Secondly, the lockers have a light that is on, indicating that it is open. How come nobody noticed that before? The one locker was open, because something was jammed, keep the door from properly closing. These high-tech lockers can easily be 'tricked' in staying open with some thin insulator? Why do these high-tech lockers not have a function, like an alarm or so, indicating that the locker is not closing properly? I mean, cars have these "*bing* You have left your lights on. Please turn them off before leaving your car." yet these high-tech lockers don't?

Third, Gumshoe says they are leaving one locker open because the detective assigned to it is dead and, if the locker got closed, they couldn't open it again. Ignoring the CSI thing of taking the guy's hand and using it for prints What about detectives or prosecutors or any police force having a locker there, but then leave that particular place or dying? Is that locker permanently assigned and lost, having to be replaced with a new one? Is there no way to override or remove the fingerprint-only mechanic? How come nobody sees what a giant flaw in that security system it is, especially with the above stuff?

In terms of the evidence room, there seems to be only one camera that isn't even positioned very well. But that's not my main gripe. The problem is here: evidence for solved cases is in this high-tech, super secure place. Two years after the solving of the case, the evidence is transferred.
Fine and good.
But how come evidence for not-solved cases is just stuck in some dusty, poorly secured place where the evidence can easily be stolen? Which actually happened Why do they seem to care more about evidence from solved cases being stolen than evidence from an open case?

Also some minor stuff, like how come we only have the ID Reader details from around 4 PM onwards, when there was supposedly a ton of evidence being transferred beforehand, but that I guess can easily be explained by just printing out the details for a specific set of time.

C-A

I've felt worse.

Note to self: Me replaying RFTA results in CatMuto posting cough-ups.
CatMuto wrote:
Those lockers in 1-5 with the fingerprint mechanic make no sense, if you think about it. Okay, so only the person who is assigned that locker can open it with their fingerprint, detected when opening the locker. But what about people like Gant or Goodman, who wear gloves? Do the lockers detect fingerprints then? Or would this result in the locker not opening, due to not detecting fingerprints?
They take the gloves off? And, Goodman doesn't wear gloves.
CatMuto wrote:
Secondly, the lockers have a light that is on, indicating that it is open. How come nobody noticed that before? The one locker was open, because something was jammed, keep the door from properly closing. These high-tech lockers can easily be 'tricked' in staying open with some thin insulator? Why do these high-tech lockers not have a function, like an alarm or so, indicating that the locker is not closing properly? I mean, cars have these "*bing* You have left your lights on. Please turn them off before leaving your car." yet these high-tech lockers don't?
Third, Gumshoe says they are leaving one locker open because the detective assigned to it is dead and, if the locker got closed, they couldn't open it again. Ignoring the CSI thing of taking the guy's hand and using it for prints What about detectives or prosecutors or any police force having a locker there, but then leave that particular place or dying? Is that locker permanently assigned and lost, having to be replaced with a new one? Is there no way to override or remove the fingerprint-only mechanic? How come nobody sees what a giant flaw in that security system it is, especially with the above stuff?

Not so serious answer:
Quote:
Ema: Note: the Police Department lacks faith in its lock system.
Serious answer: I have no clue.
CatMuto wrote:
In terms of the evidence room, there seems to be only one camera that isn't even positioned very well. But that's not my main gripe. The problem is here: evidence for solved cases is in this high-tech, super secure place. Two years after the solving of the case, the evidence is transferred.
Fine and good.
But how come evidence for not-solved cases is just stuck in some dusty, poorly secured place where the evidence can easily be stolen? Which actually happened Why do they seem to care more about evidence from solved cases being stolen than evidence from an open case?
Also some minor stuff, like how come we only have the ID Reader details from around 4 PM onwards, when there was supposedly a ton of evidence being transferred beforehand, but that I guess can easily be explained by just printing out the details for a specific set of time.
Hey, a cough-up that was directly addressed and answered in the text!
Quote:
Judge: Several hundred cases should have been due for transferal.
Judge: Why were there so few people using this room?
Edgeworth: This particular evidence room is only used for storing certain special cases.
Phoenix: "Special" cases...?
Edgeworth: Extremely violent cases involving police staff.
Ema: Just hearing that makes my hair stand on end!
Phoenix: (Me too, although it doesn't make much of a difference...)
Edgeworth: There were only a few cases up for transferal there, and most were cleared up by noon.

Quote:
They take the gloves off? And, Goodman doesn't wear gloves.

Okay, perhaps I remembered Goodman's figure wrong and thought he wore gloves.
Plus, Gumshoe says that majority of people don't even know about the fingerprint mechanic, so there's no real reason for them to take the gloves off, if they don't know about it. I mean, unless you knew your locker had that mechanic, would you bother to take your gloves off before touching it?

Quote:
Hey, a cough-up that was directly addressed and answered in the text!

Ah yes, I do remember that being mentioned right after... still, my point about the security still stands. They don't care if unsolved cases get their evidence, so it's okay to have them in badly secured places where any Tom, Dick and Jerry can just pick them up or even burn them for all they care?
But they require a top-of-the-art (supposedly) security system to keep the evidence of solved cases safe? You know, those cases that are already solved, with the culprit convincted and trial over? I understand the necessity of keeping them safe until evidence transferral, but still.... it's a giant glaring flaw in the entire system.

Even if the police force in the AA-verse is about as competent as a water bottle.

C-A

Not really a Cough Up, but something I have to ask... why do the Ace Attorney games have to explain the simplest of things to us? Like in 1-5, when Phoenix is thinking to himself that Angel Starr was in the security office when she was witnessing the murder. And that the security office "would be that room with the 'SECURITY' sign."

...exactly how dumb did the developers think their audience was?

C-A

I've felt worse.

CatMuto wrote:
Not really a Cough Up, but something I have to ask... why do the Ace Attorney games have to explain the simplest of things to us? Like in 1-5, when Phoenix is thinking to himself that Angel Starr was in the security office when she was witnessing the murder. And that the security office "would be that room with the 'SECURITY' sign."

C-A

Dumb enough that most people think Phoenix can't think for himself whenever that topic is brought up.

sumguy28 wrote:
Dumb enough that most people think Phoenix can't think for himself whenever that topic is brought up.

Well, considering Phoenix is so dumb, it sounds like he only got through Law School by screwing his way through it, what with his lack of any decent knowledge of the simplest of law proceedings...... seriously, he didn't know about damn Cross Examinations.
You know, there's a limit to what you can put up as a tutorial. (The other example I can think of is Kingdom Hearts, explaining to the player how to walk, by tilting the stick)

C-A

I've felt worse.

CatMuto wrote:
sumguy28 wrote:

Well, considering Phoenix is so dumb, it sounds like he only got through Law School by screwing his way through it, what with his lack of any decent knowledge of the simplest of law proceedings...... seriously, he didn't know about damn Cross Examinations.
You know, there's a limit to what you can put up as a tutorial. (The other example I can think of is Kingdom Hearts, explaining to the player how to walk, by tilting the stick)

C-A

At least it's not telling me to move the cursor to auto-battle.

Racing through the sky like a Missile

CatMuto wrote:

C-A

To be fair, the Japanese version used the same English word, and "security" may not be something every Japanese player would know. If it were in romaji, it'd become "sekyuriti".

The localization should have come up with a terrible pun around it instead.
:ema: You know, I used to think the word "security" came from "secure your tea"!
:phoenix: ...Really?
:notes: Yeah, but then I realized that was silly. There could be people who prefer to drink coffee instead! It wouldn't be fair.
:nick: (That's not quite what I had in mind...)
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

1000% Knight

CatMuto wrote:

C-A

Hey, Ema didn't know what it was, and she even got a 97 on her exam!
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

Bad Player wrote:
Hey, Ema didn't know what it was, and she even got a 97 on her exam!

She's also delusional in thinking she'd become a forensic scientist, who - after failing - decided to hold a grudge and not try again. So you tell me, is she a person that should be held up for a niveau in terms of intelligence?

C-A
Page 53 of 60 [ 2372 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56 ... 60  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby