Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby

Page 1 of 2[ 61 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Favorite Ace Attorney character and why?Topic%20Title

MInes would be shelly the killer because his whole personality as a honorable assassin sounds pretty cool instead of a usual ruthless assassin :shelly:
Re: Favorite Ace Attorney character and why?Topic%20Title

Edgeworth, because he's actually portrayed as quite an intelligent person. He can pick up on things and figure things out without having to be repeatedly told like Phoenix. His failurs in court generally come from lying witnesses - although that can be a problem with any court - and the police in the GS-verse being bumbling idiots.
He has a decent backstory and doesn't go 'emo' about it all the time, except in 1-4 where it was a major plot point and he was repeatedly confronted with it during the day. While he may have been tormented all the time by it, at least he didn't shove it into our face all the time. Only exception being 1-4, again.
Edgeworth has a few funny sides, but overall... I like him cause he's intelligent. He's levelheaded and keeps his cool, generally.

C-A

I can't be the only one with this ship?

Mine has to be Phoenix Wright, even though he's in the most ridiculous court trials he still clings to his resolve and fights valiantly for his clients.
Even when he's not an attorney anymore he still seek the truth. I like that about him.

Ace Sidekick!

Edgeworth...Since the bloody beginning! I just adore intelligent male characters who still have their goof-ball moments. Not to mention he is hot as hell.

In close second would have to be Maya Fey because she's my soul sister...Well ok she's my videogame look-alike. Maya is fun and playful and even though my personality is different than hers and my life is better compared to hers I can still relate to her and identify with her.

State Alchemist

Maya Fey's my number one gal! Why?

Well on the surface, she's lovable, perky, and cute. She's also an encouragement to Phoenix whenever he's discouraged, and even when her life is on the line in Farewell, My Turnabout. Even when she does get all sad and mopey in Turnabout Goodbyes when Von Karma steals evidence from Phoenix because she thinks she's useless and can't do anything right, in a way, I can kind of relate to that because of how I feel whenever I fail to accomplish a goal.

There's also how she doesn't want to be burdened with all of these adult tasks and adult matters at such an early age as hers because of all of her relatives dying or becoming criminals. So she tries her best to be happy and feel like a kid again so she doesn't have to think about all of the chaos in her family. Yet when the time comes for her to step up and act like an adult, she does so. Like when she took responsibility of Pearl when Morgan was arrested and when Maya had to step up as the Master of Kurain Village. This is an extremely relatable part of her character, and I absolutely adore her for that! :maya:

Emiko Gale wrote:
Edgeworth...Since the bloody beginning! I just adore intelligent male characters who still have their goof-ball moments. Not to mention he is hot as hell.

In close second would have to be Maya Fey because she's my soul sister...Well ok she's my videogame look-alike. Maya is fun and playful and even though my personality is different than hers and my life is better compared to hers I can still relate to her and identify with her.

everyone says hes hot xD even my girlfriend that or Godot lol :godot:

Your Heresy Will Stay Your Feet

Edgeworth, due to the fact that he is awesome. And also because of the character development he went through during the first game as well as the Ace Attorney Investigations games.
ImageImage
Repede wrote:
Yes, I'm a dog that smokes a pipe and owns an Xbox Live account... So what?

Super High-School Level Galaxy Defender

Well mine's Nick. Call me cliché and whatever you want. As much as I like most of the characters, Phoenix's the only one in which I could find some sort of inspiration. Sure, the guy has LOTS of moments; we've all seen his questionable intellect and everything. But I have this sort of feeling towards underdogs, and Phoenix being so stupid and naïve, yet smart and mature depending on the circumstances... It makes him more "real", more relatable. And an underdog who wins using trust as a motivation? That touches me. Yes sir.

My second-best would be Edgeworth, and he's behind Nick by a hair.

Also I like Luke Atmey. Don't know why.

VCM wrote:
Well mine's Nick. Call me cliché and whatever you want. As much as I like most of the characters, Phoenix's the only one in which I could find some sort of inspiration. Sure, the guy has LOTS of moments; we've all seen his questionable intellect and everything. But I have this sort of feeling towards underdogs, and Phoenix being so stupid and naïve, yet smart and mature depending on the circumstances... It makes him more "real", more relatable. And an underdog who wins using trust as a motivation? That touches me. Yes sir.

Its the mystical monocle that attracts all to Luke atmey :inspect:

Super High-School Level Galaxy Defender

Inspector Cabanela wrote:
VCM wrote:

I wouldn't doubt it

VCM wrote:
Inspector Cabanela wrote:
VCM wrote:

I wouldn't doubt it

or could be his nose :keiko:

Lacks the brain for meaningful posts.

My favourite character would have to be a fairly minor one: Ron DeLite :accordion-head:
Both his indecisiveness and the fact that he goes silent mid sentence mimick me when having a conversation.
As well as that, he kind of his smart, even if he doesn't look like it, he tried to get convicted for theft, like Luke Atmey, to avoid being convicted for a diferent crime(not that anyone payed attention to the fact that he did it as well).
All and all, I generaly just found him hilarious and I like him.

Tiagofvarela wrote:
My favourite character would have to be a fairly minor one: Ron DeLite :accordion-head:
Both his indecisiveness and the fact that he goes silent mid sentence mimick me when having a conversation.
As well as that, he kind of his smart, even if he doesn't look like it, he tried to get convicted for theft, like Luke Atmey, to avoid being convicted for a diferent crime(not that anyone payed attention to the fact that he did it as well).
All and all, I generaly just found him hilarious and I like him.

speaking of Ron I liked that they
Spoiler:
Fixed the text in T&T in case 2 when his voice goes low the text starts to fade away

You know, a Mario game!

Mine is Klavier Gavin, because of his laid back, rockstar attitude, and the fact that he focuses more on the truth rather than a guilty verdict, however, unlike Edgeworth, he is like this from the first time you meet him. I personally hope that if Capcom makes an investigations 3, it will star him.
My let's Play channel! Shameless plug!
Current Project: Sly Cooper & The Thievius Racoonus
My Twitter Account

dimentiorules wrote:
Mine is Klavier Gavin, because of his laid back, rockstar attitude, and the fact that he focuses more on the truth rather than a guilty verdict, however, unlike Edgeworth, he is like this from the first time you meet him. I personally hope that if Capcom makes an investigations 3, it will star him.

That doesn't make sense, if the Investigation spin-off focuses on Edgeworth, to suddenly have the next game focus on someone else entirely. They can give him his own spin-off, maybe. Guitar Hero/Elite Beat Angels meets Courtroom Highjinx.

C-A

You know, a Mario game!

CatMuto wrote:
dimentiorules wrote:

That doesn't make sense, if the Investigation spin-off focuses on Edgeworth, to suddenly have the next game focus on someone else entirely. They can give him his own spin-off, maybe. Guitar Hero/Elite Beat Angels meets Courtroom Highjinx.

C-A

Well, isn't that what happened with GS4? I don't see why they can't change the main character.
My Twitter Account

dimentiorules wrote:
Well, isn't that what happened with GS4? I don't see why they can't change the main character.

I knew that was gonna be brought up. I will counter by saying that the localized version knew to change the title to Apollo Justice and not keep it as Phoenix Wright: Apollo Justice the Ace Attorney or something similar, because they saw that the focus was on a new character.
Technically... Phoenix was more important than Apollo, but still.

C-A

dimentiorules wrote:

if they were to make a spinoff about Gavin it would most likely be if they made another apollo justice game or give im a big role as a rival for edgeworth if they did make a investigations 3 but if that happens it would only be a japanese release so far

Can't say for sure. My favorite character generally changes from time to time.

But I REALLY like Edgeworth, Franziska and Klavier Gavin and I think Ini, Angel Starr, Matt Engarde and Viola Cadaverini are remarkable minor characters.

I dislike Maya, Kay, Godot (yes, I have a problem with him and I don't know exactly why), Iris, Regina, Larry and most of "comic relief" chars.
I'm generally neutral towards the rest.

dangerousoffender wrote:
Can't say for sure. My favorite character generally changes from time to time.

But I REALLY like Edgeworth, Franziska and Klavier Gavin and I think Ini, Angel Starr, Matt Engarde and Viola Cadaverini are remarkable minor characters.

I dislike Maya, Kay, Godot (yes, I have a problem with him and I don't know exactly why), Iris, Regina, Larry and most of "comic relief" chars.
I'm generally neutral towards the rest.

Odd usually everyone likes Godot maybe it could be his coffee addiction :godot: and finally someone who likes Viola :edgy:

Lacks the brain for meaningful posts.

Well, just very recently finished Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth, and I have come to the conclusion that my favourite character is no longer Ron DeLite, but
Colias Palaeno

I really did like him and he's now my favourite character, he was always nice, helpful, never lied and we got a bunch of free coupons (which by now, we could probably stack them up and spend weeks on a hotel recieving things for free in the Principality of Cohdopia).

Tiagofvarela wrote:
Well, just very recently finished Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth, and I have come to the conclusion that my favourite character is no longer Ron DeLite, but
Colias Palaeno

I really did like him and he's now my favourite character, he was always nice, helpful, never lied and we got a bunch of free coupons (which by now, we could probably stack them up and spend weeks on a hotel recieving things for free in the Principality of Cohdopia).

I liked him also :jake: i liked how he was so silly alot but he had his serious moments :notes:

Heh heh.

Aside from the obvious Phoenix (like him for his inner sarcasm and the whole turnabout thing), I like Ron, Viola, and Iris.

Ron because he's a phantom thief. An adorable one, at that.

Viola because she's secretly a total perv. I mean, really... She asks to ascertain Phoenix "drank it all", then giggles. I never bought the creepy act. Not for one second.

Iris because she posed as Dahlia for six (eight?) months and no one noticed, not even Bikini (she said Iris never left Hazakura, even though obviously she did, and possibly dyed her hair during that time). Not to mention, swapping places was her idea to begin with. And while she was still Dahlia, she was never caught or arrested on suspicion of poisoning Armando and/or Fawles... or anything else, really. Otherwise, Feenie should have noticed.

She obviously was comfortable enough with the city to not arouse suspicion with the lack of knowledge of the outside world common to the Feys. It's also implied she does not actually need to be at Hazakura, I believe; she says something about being a nun to "atone for [her] sins". I believe this implies she is there by choice, not by her own necessity or by Bikini's.

Then there's the Psyche-Locks we never got to break. For some reason, I doubt they were completely about her being the Dollie Phoenix dated back in college. Last but not least, she's Dahlia's virtually identical sister. Somehow I don't think Iris got away without inheriting at least some of Dahlia's villain traits. It might be because I'm kind of tired right now, but I swear, Iris is way more than she seems.
So I finally grew a brain and remembered to give myself a signature... Whoopee.
Snackoos IRL. They are delicious and are covered in real chocolate. #so-grateful-I'm-Filipino

Excuse me if I contradict myself. I do that.

I think I'm just going to have to say Maya.

I love her relationship with Phoenix, her humor and the whole hidden maturity/strength she has going on. She delivers on so many levels, and that's the mark of a great character.

Too bad a lot of future assistants had to copy a lot of her personality in an attempt to recreate the success.

King Derpey III

Gant, for being Gant. :gant:

(as if my SN didn't give this one away)

Lana Skye, in my opinion, has one of the deepest and most compelling character arcs of any in the series. She's likable against all odds and drives a story that's easy to engage with.

Also she's kinda hot n' stuff :lana: :lana:

You know, a Mario game!

Winston Payne reminds me a lot of my dad. How he's bald, a bit of a coward, and is not very good at getting his points across. Sister Bikini, on the other hand, reminds me of my mom, being rather large, having various pains, and having a similar personality.
My Twitter Account

dimentiorules wrote:
Winston Payne reminds me a lot of my dad. How he's bald, a bit of a coward, and is not very good at getting his points across. Sister Bikini, on the other hand, reminds me of my mom, being rather large, having various pains, and having a similar personality.

while this is simultaneously beautiful and saddening, which is your favorite? (this question just got vested with so much more meaning)

You know, a Mario game!

chief_skye4444 wrote:
dimentiorules wrote:

while this is simultaneously beautiful and saddening, which is your favorite? (this question just got vested with so much more meaning)

What's so saddening about it? Anyway, I prefer Sister Bikini, for one thing because she's one of the few people that Franzy refuses to whip, and because I love the "immaterial girl" line.
My Twitter Account

dimentiorules wrote:
chief_skye4444 wrote:
dimentiorules wrote:

What's so saddening about it? Anyway, I prefer Sister Bikini, for one thing because she's one of the few people that Franzy refuses to whip, and because I love the "immaterial girl" line.

I didn't mean actually saddening, it was more of a like-compliment to your deadpan truthfulness

also fair assessment.

*Does Nailpolish*

I think it's fairly obvious....Luke Atmey.

A Seeker of Truth

...That's tough :p It'd be between Phoenix and Edgeworth for me, for they both are awesome protagonists for different reasons. To me, I like Phoenix because in a way, he reminds me a bit of myself; that and he manages to be a likable and somewhat strong character without needing the 'cool' factor to make me want to root for him. :phoenix: Edgeworth on the other hand is a fave character because he's calm, collected, determined, yet still with enough of a dork-ish streak (Steel Samurai anyone? :edgy: ) and a compassionate side to make him feel 'rounded'; sure he can feel like a bit of a jerk sometimes (Why are you always so mean to poor Gumshoe pal?! I wish the guy was able to subside on more then just instant noodles :sadshoe: ), but he's just someone that is hard for me to hate and that I just really like :edgy:

In any case, I will be a non-conformist and refuse to choose one as my favorite :jake: It's too hard, and would make me feel like I was betraying the other if I decided to just go with one :larry2:
"No one can change the past. The only thing we can do is strive to make up for our mistakes. Why must we make up for our mistakes, you ask? Because in so doing... we can find the way back to our path. And once we've found our path, we can move on from our past mistakes toward a brighter future."- Phoenix Wright

FWEET CLICK FWEET

easy :lana: :edgy: :edgeworth: :karma: :franny: :gregory: :zenitora: :sadshoe: :kyouya: :javado: :odoroki:

edgey2000 wrote:
easy :lana: :edgy: :edgeworth: :karma: :franny: :gregory: :zenitora: :sadshoe: :kyouya: :javado: :odoroki:

Don't forget, the Title of the topic also asks why you like those characters~

C-A

My name is Judge.

Ooooh this is a rough one. There are so many excellent characters.

I'd have to say one of my consistent all time favorites is Colias Palaeno. He just is a geniunely good guy who readily admits the faults of himself and his nation, helps out as much as he can, and then has his crowning moment of badass near the end of Turnabout Ablaze (one of my favorite cases) with the Babahlese soldiers. He's just an all around excellent minor character.

Also on reflection, and knowing some of the extra stuff about Mia, I actually really like her. I think she could be more helpful and a little less judgey of Phoenix, but I think that her character is so strong, all the adversity she faced and the loss she faced and she still came out on top. It makes her death all the more sad as the games go on, just for all the potential good she could have done.

I also really like Lana and Apollo.

Welcome to my Kingdom

I have to say that Kristoph has made his way into favorite character territory. He is calm, charming and very ominous. I don't really get his character, which is why I really like him. His evilness is also something I am fond of, I do tend to generally like the evil characters.

Besides for him, Polly has to take that spot and no, not the bird. His comments are the best between the two attorneys and he has the best nicknames. You can't really go wrong with the chords of steel either :odo-objection:

My name is Judge.

Apollo always seemed a lot more genuine to me than Phoenix, don't get me wrong, I like Phoenix a lot, but I felt like I related to Apollo more and found him a more engaging character to play through.

You know, a Mario game!

You know, a lot of the characters in the series remind me of people I know. Moe the clown reminds me of my uncle, how he makes jokes that he thinks are hilarious, yet no one else likes, Franziska reminds me of my cousin's girlfriend, as she's the more dominant one in the relationship, and beats him up a lot, and Manfred Von Karma reminds me of my old English teacher, as he always seemed to expect perfection from us.
My Twitter Account

I like Apollo too... I don't know why, he seemed more cooler than Phoenix in my eyes. I also like Ema, Maya and Pearls. For Ema, she's a forensic scientist detective, and I relate to her a lot in more than enough ways. I just like Maya and Pearls because they're both Feys, which is cool. Mia is dead though - she doesn't get much attention, and I don't like her much anyway. For whatever reason I like Kristoph, but not so much as 'Uber Fangirl who squeals at the sound of his name'. I think he's awesome because he's always cool, calm and collected.
Spoiler: GS4
Except the times where he snaps in court, and then in Case 4, Phoenix manages to get the truth out of him in cell 13.

Last edited by ApolloBuizel on Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Doesn't scream into DS microphones.

Phoenix. Picking the main protagonist of the series perhaps isn't all that unique, but he's one of my favorite characters of all time. The guy's been through more crap then anyone should ever go through, and yet he still manages to get through it all and protect the innocent, which makes him a hero. But at the same time, while being a hero, he's still someone who's very easy to connect with. He's sarcastic (at least inwardly), a bit of a pushover, and occasionally downright silly, all things that make him seem very realistic instead of just being set up as the prototypical video game protagonist who has everything together and who never shows any common personality traits that people can connect to.

The other thing that makes Phoenix my favorite character is just how much work Capcom puts towards developing his character. Plenty of people out there hated AJ for what it did to Phoenix, but I for one thought it was great (if not a little depressing), simply because it was a very realistic and depressing (but incredibly well done) portrayal of how someone might react to going from a successful career where they're recognized for almost being a hero, to a disgraced has been who's ridiculed for a crime they didn't commit. If Phoenix's personality had stayed the exact same in those seven years, that would have been incredibly unrealistic. No one could go through everything Phoenix went through after that trial and expect to remain the same.

Instead, Phoenix changes in ways that don't necessarily make him a better person, but instead simply allow him to cope with everything that's gone on. He becomes more protective in order to keep safe the daughter that's been dropped into his care suddenly. He disappears from the spotlight in order to investigate Kristoph Gavin's actions and to find out the truth about the forgery. He drops all of his personality quirks and most of his outward emotion in order to disguise what he's thinking from his fake friend and others who might be out to hurt him or his daughter. His moral compass suffers quite a bit, to the point where he's willing to commit crimes in order to ensure the conviction of someone he knows is guilty. These are all drastic changes from Phoenix as a lawyer, but they're realistic and easy to connect to, even if you don't agree with the way he went about things. Realism isn't always a good aspect for video games, but in terms of character development, it's absolutely essential.

Anyways, this is one of my biggest concerns about DD at the moment, which would be them suddenly reverting Phoenix back to T&T Phoenix. After all he's been through, it would be incredibly unreasonable to think that just regaining his badge would magically transform Phoenix from what the past seven years made him back into the happy go lucky character he was during the original trilogy. I certainly expect him to be more similar to lawyer Phoenix than he was in AJ, because a huge weight is now off his chest and Kristoph is in jail to stay, but he can't go back to being the near dork he was in the original trilogy. That sudden change of personality would be pretty unrealistic, and it would kind of lessen the impact of some of the traumatic events in AJ.
"I can't go to hell, little weirdo. I'm all out of vacation days."
Page 1 of 2 [ 61 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby