Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby

Page 3 of 3[ 90 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Re: What Case Do You Like/Love that Everybody Else Hates?Topic%20Title

You know, a Mario game!

CatMuto wrote:
JesusMonroe wrote:
The original argument was that Phoenix had no balls. It doesn't matter if his instincts were rational or not. He ran across a burning bridge

And for me, that isn't having balls, that's just something stupid to do.
If he wants to do that again, he can join the Berry Big Circus, otherwise it has no place in the game.

C-A

You seriously don't know what it's like to care for somebody, when you truly love somebody, you'll do anything to make sure they're safe, including risking your own life. When you truly love somebody, their life means more to you than your own. It happens in real life, people risking their life to save people, including complete strangers. A truly good person can't stand idly by and watch someone die. It's not stupid, it's just being a good person. Of course, you wouldn't know much about that, would you?
My let's Play channel! Shameless plug!
Current Project: Sly Cooper & The Thievius Racoonus
My Twitter Account

dimentiorules wrote:
Of course, you wouldn't know much about that, would you?

I'd rather live longer and be called a terrible person, than die early cause I felt like I had to help someone who should learn how to deal with things on their own.

C-A

1000% Knight

People have different opinions, and everyone is entitled to their own. You can disagree with someone else's opinions and arguments all you want, but stay off personal attacks and comments, k?

On-topic: 2-4. aaaaaaaaaaargh
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

Bad Player wrote:
On-topic: 2-4. aaaaaaaaaaargh

You're reading the title the opposite way, silly

1000% Knight

Oh, I thought it was "What Case Do You Like/Hate that Everybody Else Hates/Likes"

well then

On-topic: 4-3
(just pretend machi doesn't exist)
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

Bad Player wrote:
On-topic: 4-3
(just pretend machi doesn't exist)

Jesus Christ, I hate Machi (I actually have a new headcanon that unbeknownst to Apollo, he was extradited to Borginia and executed, hence why he doesn't appear in the credits)

Anyway, I've found myself liking 4-3 as well. The first half of the case is pretty terrible (well, maybe not terrible, but kind of just boring? A lot of stuff doesn't make sense, too, like things that everybody has already mentioned, why Letouse didn't name Daryan as the murderer, and Klavier's reasons for hiding elements of the case), but the second investigation and trial are very well done (bar the cocoons). Daryan is actually a really smart murderer and he's the only one in the entire game who puts up a decent fight against the defense. Unraveling the magic trick was also really cool (though I wanted to punch Trucy in the face when she refused to reveal the answer. Lives are on the line!)

And I'm beating a dead horse, but I love Valant. This case actually sets up a lot for the main plot with all the Lamiroir stuff and the Gramaryes. I kind of wish Klavier put up a fight in this case, though, as he would've had a good excuse to do so

You know, a Mario game!

If 4-3 occurred in real life, Machi wouldn't even be on the suspect list. The police in the Ace Attorney series arrest the first person they see, without even investigating to see if they're suspicious. I think it's stupid how in many cases in the series you have to reveal a motive for the murderer, despite the fact that the prosecution doesn't even bother coming up with a motive for the accused. The worst example of this is 1-2. What reason would Maya have to kill her sister?! They never address this, they just say "her name is on a receipt in the room, that means she's the only person who could have done it!". The police force in the Ace Attorney series is the worst police force ever. They're even worse than the police force in the Marvel and DC universes!
My let's Play channel! Shameless plug!
Current Project: Sly Cooper & The Thievius Racoonus
My Twitter Account

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

CatMuto wrote:
dimentiorules wrote:
Of course, you wouldn't know much about that, would you?

I'd rather live longer and be called a terrible person, than die early cause I felt like I had to help someone who should learn how to deal with things on their own.

C-A

Well maybe you're not like Phoenix, but that doesn't make him stupid :-P
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney

Another case I want to add to my list: AAI2-2

I was expecting applauds all around for this case when the translation came out. It got the opposite reaction from many

As much hate as 2-3 gets, I thought it was an interesting case regardless.

It's probably the worst out of the original trilogy, since Turnabout Big Top feels the most "filler" than 1-3 or 3-3, but I still enjoyed it since the villain was one of the more unique ones throughout the series.
Spoiler:
You feel pretty bad for Acro, considering he didn't want to kill Russell Berry and felt terrible for killing the ringmaster that everyone in Berry Big Circus, including Ben & Trilo really loved and respected. I'd say the only problem is that his breakdown isn't really one of the more satisfying ones, since he just cries milk from his eyes. :gant:

Aside from 2-3, 3-3 (Recipe for Turnabout) is one I feel is a bit underrated. It's probably my least favourite case in T&T, but still one of the better third cases that fans call the "Case 3 curse" that broke with 5-3 and AAI2-3's being the best 3rd cases in the series. 3-3 has some pretty memorable and hilarious characters like Jean Armstrong, Victor Kudo and Furio Tigre.
Spoiler:
Some people probably hate this case because they didn't see the twist coming that the Glen Elg that Kudo saw was a fake and that the whole murder was staged to create a witness.
Page 3 of 3 [ 90 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby