Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby

Page 2 of 3[ 89 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Re: Replaying Phoenix WrightTopic%20Title

Louise wrote:
Mirii-chan wrote:
I still haven't completed DD yet. Sometimes I play a game right till the end, and then just randomly stop playing.

Do you mean the main game or the extra case? I haven't finished the extra one because I couldn't stop cringing. But I'm right near the end I think. I'll end up finishing it though just because I don't want to leave it unfinished forever.

Do try and finish the main game though if that's what you meant :gant:

I meant the main game. I wasn't a big fan of it, to be honest. I felt like they hadn't got the old characters' personalities down well, and I didn't much like the new characters, except for Fulbright, of course!

I will finish it, I just need to get round to it. I suppose because I know it's near the end, I get bored easily. :payne:

[quote=TheUllas]Do you sometimes have this feeling that if you finish something, it'll feel wrong?[/quote]

I suppose I hope the ending won't be anti-climatic or disappointing. I've usually always enjoyed AA games right to the end, just not DD. :sadshoe:

Mirii-chan wrote:
except for Fulbright, of course!

:think:

TheUllas wrote:
Do you sometimes have this feeling that if you finish something, it'll feel wrong?

Aye, I'd already been spoiled on the ending of DD and it was heartbreaking :payne: I wanted to finish the game and get it over with but I also didn't want to carry on because I didn't want it to be true hahaha
Imagesee how it withers before my flower of justiceImage

I know this isn't really the relevant topic but the thought popped in my head while replaying 3-5 and I couldn't find a better thread

Does the fanbase pronounce Godot's name Go-Doh or Go-dot? I always did the latter, even though I know the former is the "correct" one

Racing through the sky like a Missile

I'm cultured, so I recognized the name as it's meant to be said. Go-dot sounds like it's missing a "com".
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

The cape is self-fluttering

JesusMonroe wrote:
I know this isn't really the relevant topic but the thought popped in my head while replaying 3-5 and I couldn't find a better thread

Does the fanbase pronounce Godot's name Go-Doh or Go-dot? I always did the latter, even though I know the former is the "correct" one

Don't know about the fanbase, but since I encountered the play "Waiting for Godot" before playing the game, I've always gone with the former.
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

Enoshima Junko-chan!

Actually Godot can be pronounced Go-doe or God-oh. The latter is how the writer of the play pronounces it but I prefer the former.

Mrs. Jeon Jungkook ♥

I hardly replay the main game as well as Apollo Justice and GK1 (whoops, I got stuck in the middle, gotta finish that soon). But when I'm replaying the games, it's a really weird order, I start somewhere with the Apollo-game and then back to the first game and somewhere inbetween I start playing GK1 - a neverending circle.

The beginning was quite fun, just with all the ups and downs
But suddenly, we’re tired, from a waste of meaningless emotions

시작은 뭐 즐거웠었네 오르락내리락 그 자체로 어느새 서로 지쳐버렸네 의미 없는 감정소모에

Trivia 轉 : Seesaw

So I replayed AJ (after looking for my cartridges for ages). I was looking forward to seeing Ema because she's my baby but I accidentally fell in love with Daryan and even Klavier a little bit too. Turnabout Serenade is probably the stupidest case in all the games but I love all the characters, even Machi who I thought was just annoying the first time I played it.

I'm going to replay the first game next.

EDIT: Oh wait no I'm not, it won't work :payne:
Imagesee how it withers before my flower of justiceImage

bOIng!

I rarely replay games I've finished. I prefer watching LP's on YouTube. :yogi:

Mary Faraday wrote:
I hardly replay the main game as well as Apollo Justice and GK1 (whoops, I got stuck in the middle, gotta finish that soon). But when I'm replaying the games, it's a really weird order, I start somewhere with the Apollo-game and then back to the first game and somewhere inbetween I start playing GK1 - a neverending circle.

Sometimes I replay all the games at the same time, having a case from each of the games on the go at one time, so I guess that's a pretty weird order , too.

CrayonKiddo wrote:
I rarely replay games I've finished. I prefer watching LP's on YouTube. :yogi:

I like watching LPs for games I can't play, but I guess it can be cool to see how others have played games you've completed, too.

The video game boy; the one who wins

Last year I played 1-4 on the dates when the case takes place, and I'm thinking of doing it again this year, making it a Christmas tradition :shoe:
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)

Enoshima Junko-chan!

I've been thinking of doing that again too. I planned on playing the Trilogy again when the new 3DS comes out (which doesn't even have a release date). I'll make an exception for 1-4, my favourite case.

I replayed the original trilogy lots of times and AAI a select few times as well but after replaying them so many times the appeal wore off also I haven't played any AA games in quite a while
All Lives Matter
Just Do It
Keep It Classic
Equality
Dream Big
All for one One for all
#Autism Speaks
#Mamba Mentality#8#24#2
Celebrate Each New Day
#WNBAAllDay
Xenoblade Chronicles 2
Kingdom Heats 3
Xenoblade Chronicles
Destiny 2
I'm interested in mechanics,so I would be happy to learn about snake traps.
Good isn't a thing you are Its a thing you do

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Also, quick question: How big is the 3DS download file size?
POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

I'm currently replaying 2-4. It's actually more fun playing than I remembered. Edgeworth appeared very quickly though xD Then I remember starting 4-1 some time ago, but I got stuck in a stupid place, got annoyed and stopped playing. Might pick that one up again too once I finish 2-4. And, as usual, I feel like playing 1-4 again as well. This would be my fourth or fifth time then.

[Whip the cream!]

I would replay cases now and then if it wasn't for the fact that I don't have a Nintendo DS. Or the games. Not that it would help, since I don't have a DS. I'm currently watching playthroughs on youtube as a substitute, though, to get the AA-feeling back... as well as revisiting my favourite cases.
The only full case I've replayed is 3-5, which I did a little more than a year ago, borrowing my sibling's DS when I visited the family for some days.
Gimme a "P"! Gimme an "I"! Give me a "P" and an "E"! What's that spell?! Pipe!

I'm replaying 3-2 and man, it's sooo good. More entertaining and well put together that I remembered it to be. And Ron is even more awesome and funny than I remembered, Dessie is great and Luke and Godot are hilarious. I also find that the twusts and turns doesn't make much fuss about themselves, as if the game actually trust that the players follow along. And the pacing, the pacing is great.

I'm gradually starting to understand why people replay, and I'm in such an AA mode right now so when I'm done with 3-2 I think I'll play either 4-1 or 4-2. And 1-4. Gotta play 1-4 for... the fourth or fifth time now?

Enoshima Junko-chan!

After beating some other 3DS games, I've finally gotten around to playing the 3DS Trilogy. I'm on case 1-3, and it's actually a lot funnier than I remembered. I burst out laughing a few times at Phoenix and Edgeworth shouting at each other.

After DGS comes out I might try the chronological order replay of the games proposed earlier in this thread.As someone said the flashback parts of case 4 are technically part of the present and I already have a bunch of savegames for AAI2 I found here so it might not be that hard...maybe.
Signature loading, please wait...

Upon revisiting case 1-2, isn't it quite different, compared to the rest of the cases? I can't quite pin-point it, but there's something about the atmosphere and the dialogue.

It might be a little more lonely at the defense's bench since Maya is the defendant, and we haven't gotten a chance to meet with a channeled Mia (until the end, of course). It's just one of those cases where the overall tone of the case is pretty depressing, despite the comic relief scattered in here and there.

In later cases where Maya becomes accused/kidnapped/missing, there's quite the diverse cast working on Phoenix's side. There's so much more moral support for him and by extension, the player. Plus, there's also Pearl. She makes any case all the more precious.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu

Yeah, him being on his own does have an impact on the feeling of it, still, I felt that way a bit when he was defending himself and Maya was his aid as well. Somehow I feel like it hadn't completely set its own tone yet, because it's somewhat more... classical detective story-ish? Maybe?

Enoshima Junko-chan!

I've actually been replaying the rerelease of the trilogy on 3DS, and I'm seeing a couple things in a new light.

- Adrian Andrews is an amazing character. I connect with her an I appreciate her arc, and the changes she went through between 2-4 and 3-2
- I actually enjoyed 2-4 a lot more this time around. I really appreciate the development Phoenix gets in that case. I haven't beaten T&T yet, but right now 2-4 is looking better than 3-5
- Max Galactica is a good guy. I just wish he'd explain his ambitions to the other circus members.
- Ron DeLite is amazing.

I don't get the reason why some people disliked Turnabout Samurai.
I replayed recently and it was great. It's the case which taught me what kind of sick, unexpected twists can Ace Attorney cases have.

I've felt worse.

Vaati Blackquill wrote:
I don't get the reason why some people disliked Turnabout Samurai.
I replayed recently and it was great. It's the case which taught me what kind of sick, unexpected twists can Ace Attorney cases have.

Not my reasons:
"It's filler."
"It tells us nothing about the characters."
Something about the plot twists being obvious.
The punny names and the characters attached to those punny names.
My reason: they spend an entirety of two days believing that the victim was fatally stabbed with a prop spear.
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

A merit though, is that it makes a pretty smooth bridge between Edgeworth the jerk and Edgeworth our client.

Enoshima Junko-chan!

That, and it builds the relationship between Phoenix and Maya.

Personally, I think three trial days were unnecessary. It could have been trimmed down to two.

I love Turnabout Samurai so much. Just think about the lore that wouldn't exist/happen if Turnabout Samurai didn't happen!
Spoiler: 1-3 and minor 2-4
Disclaimer: Some of these are written in my views/opinions and may clash with yours.
It introduced the Steel Samurai, a character that would go on to become an icon of the series!
It introduced Will Powers, who without him, Farewell my Turnabout wouldn't exist!
It introduced Wendy Oldbag, the character everyone loves to hate. She also was the first one to really break Edgeworth's composure which humanized him and was the first sign he wasn't just a robot programmed to get guilty verdicts. :-P
It introduced the idea of a murderer that killed in self-defense and not greed, which I personally loved.
Which is why I hold Dee Vasquez in high regard as a character.
It introduced the famous "Step-ladder vs. Ladder debate".
It was your first time seeing Gumshoe actually on the job. and who can forget when he saves you from Dee Vasquez!
It was your first time without a revealed killer! (Which, even if you found out the reason he died, i.e. the fence, like me. You still didn't know who the killer was from the start)
It was your first time really getting to know Edgeworth and seeing him grow as a character.
It introduced Global Studios! A setting that would be referenced several times in the future.
It was the first time with a Female antagonist!
It introduced a victim that wasn't this characterless person who just died. It showed for the first time "Hey, victims can have 'evil' intent too!"
I mean the dude drugged Will, pinned the crime on him and attempted murder!
It, imo developed Oldbag's character pretty well. She went from a grouchy lady that wouldn't shut up to a lady that really just wanted to pay her respects to Jack. She didn't have him up on a throne. She knew he did wrong and said so. and she helped you at the end. and I felt for her. Sadly they brought her back in 2-4 and made her character regress... but that's a different story.
It was your first time with Maya! and it developed her character. Suddenly she went from a girl who's sister recently passed that you defended to a girl obsessed about a childrens show that makes you take on your first "real" client with her. She became a real person in this case. She wasn't just locked in a jail cell. She was with you the whole ride and this case set her development for the rest of the game. Think about if this case didn't exist or that it happened but off-screen. Would it make sense she's arguing about ladders? or that she keeps talking about some samurai show?
or that edgeworth is suddenly seeking the truth? All of these references they make in future cases and titles almost ALL lead back to this case.

And that is why I truly love Turnabout Samurai. Sure it may have dragged on for alittle at the end for some. But there was just so much else I loved.
I can see some not liking it for characters like Penny and Sal Manella but neither of those are distracting enough to make me disregard all the development this case gave to the entire series. The Steel Samurai is so important to the series that it's still around even in AJ. and it all got introduced and developed here.

A Kirby and AA fan

That made me think... What if Edgeworth actually started loving the Steel Samurai because of this case? He has fond memories of this case because it's the start of a new him. And he subconsciously associates the Steel Samurai with this positive change.

Is it at all possible? I am not too familiar with the details of AA lore... Is it shown anywhere prior to or during AA1-3 that Edgeworth likes the Steel Samurai?

Nurio wrote:
That made me think... What if Edgeworth actually started loving the Steel Samurai because of this case? He has fond memories of this case because it's the start of a new him. And he subconsciously associates the Steel Samurai with this positive change.

Is it at all possible? I am not too familiar with the details of AA lore... Is it shown anywhere prior to or during AA1-3 that Edgeworth likes the Steel Samurai?

Well after Phoenix wins the case this conversation happens

"Will:Ah, uh, pleased to meet you. I'm Powers. *sniff* (to edgeworth)

Edgeworth: Ah, er, Edgeworth.
I'm a big fan of your work, Mr. Powers."

He may have just been saying that at the time though and didn't actually get super into it until after this case.
Regardless though, this case did basically establish that he liked steel samurai as well, or atleast hinted at it.
Another reason this case is secretly awesome and why I love it. :will:

The real question revolves around why he was so unprepared in this case compared to the last one. He had everything set up in 1-2. Then, 1-3 comes along and he's startled so easily, and even ended up losing a bet against a kid.

Clearly, someone had stayed up late not studying the files as thoroughly as he was supposed to and was probably too busy catching up on the latest SS episodes.

Winter Flag Trademark

...I'd rather play 1-2, 1-5, 2-2, 2-4, 3-4 and 3-5. These are quite awesome. :yummy:
...Especially 2-2 and 3-4. I'm basically talking about the trilogy, by the way.

The second Maya Fey trial is quite worthy for an amazingness. Oh, and the same goes to 1-5. Quite Difficult and Logical Trial. I really like that one. Oh, and especially Mia Fey's first trial incident. I finally got to see Diego's younger self. :edgey:

I don't know why I like Turnabout Sisters and Bridge for the Turnabout, by the way. Oh, and in case of 2-4, it's because of the Demon Prosecutor's return and being so long. Especially since playing 2-4 is like you're reading a sad story. :sadshoe:

This account is dead. Link to my DeviantART.

Ace Pointer wrote:
...I'd rather play 1-2, 1-5, 2-2, 2-4, 3-4 and 3-5. These are quite awesome. :yummy:
...Especially 2-2 and 3-4. I'm basically talking about the trilogy, by the way.

The second Maya Fey trial is quite worthy for an amazingness. Oh, and the same goes to 1-5. Quite Difficult and Logical Trial. I really like that one. Oh, and especially Mia Fey's first trial incident. I finally got to see Diego's younger self. :edgey:

I don't know why I like Turnabout Sisters and Bridge for the Turnabout, by the way. Oh, and in case of 2-4, it's because of the Demon Prosecutor's return and being so long. Especially since playing 2-4 is like you're reading a sad story. :sadshoe:

I liked 2-2 the only thing I didn't like is how obvious the killer was.
Spoiler: 2-2
The second Morgan asked me to call the cops and leave the scene I knew. Who witnesses their niece in blood and possible murderer and immediately wants to call the police?
I knew it was going to be her, I knew she was outside with us, but that she set something up behind the divider window and that whatever killed Grey hid behind there. Phoenix even says later "I hope nothings behind here". I thought Ini was a red herring, but when I heard about the license or the hospital was mentioned (I forget which came first) I realized she was Mimi and gave her sisters license.

So it was a fun case. I just wish the "killer" wasn't as obvious.

Mia's case with Terry is awesome though especially! :edgey:

I've never understood why 2-2 is so popular. Not that I dislike it or anything, but it's like, in everyone's top 10. Why? The only super-duper cool thing I find in it is the whole "Ini is Mimi" thing.

Winter Flag Trademark

luck wrote:
I've never understood why 2-2 is so popular. Not that I dislike it or anything, but it's like, in everyone's top 10. Why? The only super-duper cool thing I find in it is the whole "Ini is Mimi" thing.

I think I can give out a few ideas:

Spoiler: DO NOT open if you didn't completed 2-2
>> We meet a new recurring character! --> :pearl:
>> We even get more information about the Fey Family, like the Sacred Urn, Ami Fey, etc, etc...
>> Maya sees her dead sis for the first time being channeled.
>> We get to see Maya's Hometown.
>> We get to learn a new power! Psyche-Lock Breaking! :pearly:
>> We get to see Lotta Hart again!
>> We get to see a totally new prosecutor! --> :franny:
>> We get to defend Maya again! :edgey:

And yeah, Ini disguising as Mini, too.

This account is dead. Link to my DeviantART.

I'm playing 1-4 again! :ditz: I think it's the fifth time now. Ah, that's the case I can and will always return to :acro:

When I played it for the first time two years ago and heard von Karma's objection for the first time, I jumped to the ceiling. This time when it happened, I started laughing. I've become habituated.

Another thing I noticed was that von Karma preceded Simon when it comes to using the term "poppycock". :karma:

Goosebumps on Maya calling out Lotta to make her testify again. :viola:

Recently I've been playing some cases from AJ, T&T and PW, and mixing them up I find it quite interesting to see how the atmosphere and everything differs from game to game. After 4-3 and 3-4, 1-4 almost feels oldschool, and I like it. :phoenix: It's a bit more straightforward, and the feeling is darker and more... muted so to speak, and I mean that in a good way.

[Whip the cream!]

Going for Miles wrote:
Another thing I noticed was that von Karma preceded Simon when it comes to using the term "poppycock". :karma:

Funny that I didn't notice... Not because of Simon, mind you, since I played 1-4 long before DD, but because it's like the best word ever.

[Whip the cream!]

Well, I finally got myself a DS, so I've been replaying... a lot recently to make up for the fact that it was more than two years since I played them the first (and in most cases the only) time until now, since I had to borrow a DS as well as then games and so on. I've been watching playthroughs a few time, but since I got my own DS and was able to replay the cases (and the entire games, so not like I've been doing on youtube: watching the cases I like best) I re-realized how wonderful it was to actually play them again - more wonderful than I thought it would be. (I guess it sounds a bit... of course it's an entirely different experience, but since I haven't played them in over two years I became too story-oriented to actually remember how lovely the gameplay is, to actually think and not just see how the story progesses and such. Might have been because I almost never play videogames, thus being pretty story-oriented overall (the sole reason for me actually buying a DS in the first place was to be able to play AA).

I bought AA1 and AA3, I've beaten AA1 and am about to beat AA3 at the moment. I've seen some cases in a different light (for instance, I didn't think it would be fun to replay 1-1, but it was great because it filled me with such nostalgia I almost shivered), I had forgotten how fun it was to examine just about everything and present random stuff and profiles for shits and giggles. I also realized that my favourite case isn't 1-4 anymore, even though it's very close to be. It's 3-5, I got goosebumps all over, even on my face, as soon as the intro began. That's the case I always will go back to (and the first case I replayed on a DS a little more than 1,5 years ago).

I'll definitely replay cases now and then, some more than others since I love to experience things I love over and over, I do that a lot when it comes to just about any type of media I love (and I still have AA2 and AJ to buy, hehe).

I need to replay the trilogy. I don't remember many details about the first game, because it has been so much time since I first played it. I've played JFA many times, though.

[Whip the cream!]

I'm replaying AA2 at the moment and I realize that I'm seeing things in quite a different light. I always liked 2-2 a lot because of the atmosphere, but now said atmosphere really got to me and my love for the case grew even more, it might even be in my top three now. 3-5 is my favourite case, and those two fits together in such a great way - and this dark, sometimes eerie atmosphere that I feel when playing both of them. I liked the killer the first time I played it but still I didn't find them that memorable. That also changed - now I love said killer.
Meanwhile - and this might change since I just got to the case - 2-4 kinda annoys me. I do love the case, no doubt about it, but a lot of things tick me off at the moment (such as: "damn, it's so bloody obvious in hindsight who the killer is, and can Oldbag stop ratatatataing me and shut up about your camera Lotta aaand why does everybody have to have damn psycholocks already?"). I hope it'll stop annoying me soon since I want to fully enjoy the case like I did before. I'll certainly enjoy it, but I don't like being this annoyed by a case I know I love. Even so, I'm not sure if I'll rank it as high up on my personal toplist as before. Which is a shame.

Last edited by WaitingforGodot on Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Page 2 of 3 [ 89 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby