Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby

Page 1 of 3[ 89 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Replaying Phoenix WrightTopic%20Title

I've been replaying the games for the umpteenth time, and I was just wondering whether anyone else replays the series a lot. I took a long break from the other games when I played GK2, since it was in Japanese, and I needed to take my time at it. However, going back over a year since I stopped playing, I can still remember a lot of the storylines well.

When I replay the games, often I do it in a weird order, and even play different cases at the same time. Anyone else?
Re: Replaying Phoenix WrightTopic%20Title

Gardevoir lover

I replay them at least twice a year, when i do it i usually marathon the series.

My DA account can be found here: http://klonoahedgehog.deviantart.com/

The video game boy; the one who wins

I hardly ever replay. I've played 1-4 three times I think, and I'll probably do it again, but that is my favourite case ever. I've also replayed 1-5 for unknown reasons, and a bit of 3-5 just to get to the Edgeworth part. Now I'm technically playing 1-2 again, but it was months since I started, so maybe it's more correct to say I started doing so and then dropped it. Time will tell whether or not I decide to finish. I might replay some other cases (2-4, 4-1 and 3-2 mainly) if I get Ace Attorney abstinence, but I'll probably never replay a whole game or even a majority of the cases.
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)

I've replayed the first trilogy various times since I started playing it,though I almost always skip the less important cases. I've only replayed the first and last cases of AJ,and I always replay the cases of AAI when they come out in spanish just to see how they did.I also "replayed" AAI2,but the first time I "played" it was through dowolf's youtube translation.
Signature loading, please wait...

I've played them all twice apart from Dual Destinies which is mad because that's my favourite one. I'm thinking of getting it on my iPad though just for the beauty of Bobby being that big.
Imagesee how it withers before my flower of justiceImage

I say go for it. I've got all the Phoenix Wright games on my iPad air so I don't have to carry a DS to play them and they look very crisp on IOS

I don't really replay games. I just look up gameplay clips on Youtube if I want to see a part again

I've played AAI twice, though, as well as 4-1 and 4-2

Enoshima Junko-chan!

I usually wait about half a year before I replay the same game. I want the effects to wear off so the game can still excite me. I beat DD a month ago, and will play GK2 again soon

A Kirby and AA fan

I've only once replayed the trilogy, and that's it. I just can't find the time to replay games that often.
That said, my memory is terrible, so when I do replay, it's like I am playing a completely new game. Hardly any of the mysteries stick, and I certainly can't remember the contradictions anymore!
That actually makes it a bit difficult sometimes to follow certain subjects on these forums, heh.

High level play

I replayed every game in the AA franchise with the exception of the fan translation of AAI 2 since I've only completed that one quite recently. The reason why I replay these games is because 1: I love them and when you go back I can pretty much emulate my previous experience with the exception of the reveals around the mysteries. 2: I play my DS a lot when I'm on the bus to college and I do that around 5 days a week. This means I need a solid time killer and AA always does the trick for me. 3: This ties in to the bus thing, but being able to save the game when I want is a big plus for me.

I played the first AA even for a 3rd time, but in German. I made a sweet arrangement with my German teacher who allowed the German version of AA for a book (which we had to read 3 that year). During the oral exam I had to convey the story and the game mechanics in German. EINSPRUCH!
Face your emptiness don't be afraid. The danger is often smaller than your fear.

Sjibbey wrote:
I replayed every game in the AA franchise with the exception of the fan translation of AAI 2 since I've only completed that one quite recently. The reason why I replay these games is because 1: I love them and when you go back I can pretty much emulate my previous experience with the exception of the reveals around the mysteries. 2: I play my DS a lot when I'm on the bus to college and I do that around 5 days a week. This means I need a solid time killer and AA always does the trick for me. 3: This ties in to the bus thing, but being able to save the game when I want is a big plus for me.

I played the first AA even for a 3rd time, but in German. I made a sweet arrangement with my German teacher who allowed the German version of AA for a book (which we had to read 3 that year). During the oral exam I had to convey the story and the game mechanics in German. EINSPRUCH!

I used to replay them over and over , because I love the characters and the world they live in. I haven't replayed the games in ages, since when I got GK2, I was engulfed by the Japanese. I'd like to get back into replaying them again, since it's been a while, but I almost know what evidence to present off by heart now.

That teacher seems cool to allow AA as study material! I learnt a lot of Japanese from playing GK2. (I didn't even know what kanji was when I started) I'd be interested to replay it to see how I've improved, but I actually haven't played the whole way through yet. :sadshoe:

High level play

Mirii-chan wrote:
Sjibbey wrote:

I used to replay them over and over , because I love the characters and the world they live in. I haven't replayed the games in ages, since when I got GK2, I was engulfed by the Japanese. I'd like to get back into replaying them again, since it's been a while, but I almost know what evidence to present off by heart now.

That teacher seems cool to allow AA as study material! I learnt a lot of Japanese from playing GK2. (I didn't even know what kanji was when I started) I'd be interested to replay it to see how I've improved, but I actually haven't played the whole way through yet. :sadshoe:

It's pretty incredible that your learned to read in an entire language just to be able to play one game. In my case it concerned a language that's pretty similar to my own and had 3 years of experience in class with it under my belt.

Yeah that teacher had my total respect. As a matter of fact he was one of the few (if not only) teacher who was respected by every student in the entire school. He was a Chinese immigrant, learned German and later Dutch fluently (to the point where he was way better at it than a native speaker) and knew everything there was to know about his class. This guy literally read through ALL German books in the school library (a very small one though) because he likes reading and this way he could make sure students could not bluff through an oral exam. This guy was also super strict with his students, which normally wouldn't sit well with high school kids in puberty, but this teacher had a black belt and taught self-defense classes. This meant he couldn't be mentally or physically intimidated.
On the other side though this guy totally encouraged students to learn on their own (just like he had to educate himself when he was young), so when I told him about the plan to 'review' AA for him he wasn't being a stick in the mud about it, but encouraged it.

Maybe I'll replay the series when I get a Wii U and the ports make their way there. When I played GK (fan translation) on my old and worn DS I really had to adjust myself since I was used to the crisp quality of a 3DS. When I can play AA on my TV instead of a tiny screen I imagine the experience will be even better.
Face your emptiness don't be afraid. The danger is often smaller than your fear.

currently stuck in P3 pitfall

I've been replaying AA twice plus the Investigations ones. Right now, I'm in the third playthrough for the first game.

I haven't replayed GK2 though since I just played it a few months ago, and for some reasons, I didn't want to replay AJ bcos I didn't really find it interesting for me (it took me forever to finish a single case in AJ :sadshoe: ).

My most favourite replays is the investigations arc though. I can't resist Edgeworth so much *rolls on the floor*

I am yet to play DD though so I'm waiting for my iPad to have a new charger (bcos my brother broke them cries).
uhh... still waiting for a new sig to be made...

Sjibbey wrote:
It's pretty incredible that your learned to read in an entire language just to be able to play one game. In my case it concerned a language that's pretty similar to my own and had 3 years of experience in class with it under my belt.

Yeah that teacher had my total respect. As a matter of fact he was one of the few (if not only) teacher who was respected by every student in the entire school. He was a Chinese immigrant, learned German and later Dutch fluently (to the point where he was way better at it than a native speaker) and knew everything there was to know about his class. This guy literally read through ALL German books in the school library (a very small one though) because he likes reading and this way he could make sure students could not bluff through an oral exam. This guy was also super strict with his students, which normally wouldn't sit well with high school kids in puberty, but this teacher had a black belt and taught self-defense classes. This meant he couldn't be mentally or physically intimidated.
On the other side though this guy totally encouraged students to learn on their own (just like he had to educate himself when he was young), so when I told him about the plan to 'review' AA for him he wasn't being a stick in the mud about it, but encouraged it.

Maybe I'll replay the series when I get a Wii U and the ports make their way there. When I played GK (fan translation) on my old and worn DS I really had to adjust myself since I was used to the crisp quality of a 3DS. When I can play AA on my TV instead of a tiny screen I imagine the experience will be even better.

Well, to be fair I'm still learning. I just used an online Japanese dictionary to help with the vocabulary when I played through, but it certainly inspired me to learn the language.

What an amazing teacher! I don't remember any of my teachers being well respected, but I don't think any of them knew how to discipline whilst being fair. I suppose if a teacher genuinely cares about their students' education and is approachable and supportive, they can be tough without being unfair.

I haven't replayed AJ that much, so I might end up replaying that sometime soon. Now I've played DD, I'm sure it'll seem different again.

randomly_ren09 wrote:
I've been replaying AA twice plus the Investigations ones. Right now, I'm in the third playthrough for the first game.

I haven't replayed GK2 though since I just played it a few months ago, and for some reasons, I didn't want to replay AJ bcos I didn't really find it interesting for me (it took me forever to finish a single case in AJ :sadshoe: ).

My most favourite replays is the investigations arc though. I can't resist Edgeworth so much *rolls on the floor*

I am yet to play DD though so I'm waiting for my iPad to have a new charger (bcos my brother broke them cries).

I found AJ hard to replay because I was saddened by what happened to Nick! :larry:

I haven't played PL vs AA yet, but I'm hoping to play it before the year is out. And oh no, it's awful when chargers break. :sadshoe:

(Also I like your avatar, so cute! :shoe: )

why should i care chains?

Oh i am enjoying Miles Edgeworth investigation a lot. It is fun to play trough the whole game, while you actually know how it worked.... and then you realize you are to dumb to memorice all the places, no matter how much you play it now.

But i guess that is my ushual habbit, i enjoy replaying Phoenix wright a lot...
I guess i should replay all from the beginning again. :simon:

Idol of Polar Bears

I replay the games whenever I get an "Ace Attorney" withdrawal, which usually happens when I find myself wanting to play a professionally localized Ace Attorney Investigations 2, not that fan-translated thing a new game in the series, or wanting to reexperience a pivotal moment in the series that personally affected my life.

One of these days, though, I'm going to play every case in the chronological in-universe order, from "Turnabout Reminiscence" to "Turnabout for Tomorrow." Has anyone else done this? If so, what did you think of it?

Mr. Bear Jew wrote:
One of these days, though, I'm going to play every case in the chronological in-universe order, from "Turnabout Reminiscence" to "Turnabout for Tomorrow." Has anyone else done this? If so, what did you think of it?

I'd imagine it would be difficult to pull off considering you'd have to jump around a lot (half of Case 3 in GK2 would go first, then like fifteen cases, and then the other half of Case 3)

Zoinks

Played each game in the trilogy + AJ 3-4 times, AAI twice, DD once, AAI2 once.

I'm gearing up for the 3DS trilogy as opposed to replaying DD, because to be honest DD doesn't have the same charm as the first four AA games he says with a Blackbright avatar. At the very least if I do replay DD I'm going to be skipping the first two cases.
3DS Friend Code: 5129-1407-0950

| -#courtrecords- | -Last.fm- | -Twitter- |

Despite being obsessed with those games, I don't replay them that much (especially now that I have the scripts). I still haven't replayed Dual Destinies, despite really wanting to, because I want to let some time pass to forget as much as possible and make the experience fresh again to some extent.
For the rest of the games (except the Layton crossover), I've played them 2 to 4 times each, and some cases individually.

Mr. Bear Jew wrote:

Someone did that on GameFAQs (link). You can read their overall opinion in the last post.

Mr. Bear Jew wrote:

I'm pretty sure I did a chronological play through once. If I remember right, I enjoyed it, but it got quite confusing considering the earliest cases are generally unrelated.

Yellow Magician wrote:
Played each game in the trilogy + AJ 3-4 times, AAI twice, DD once, AAI2 once.

I'm gearing up for the 3DS trilogy as opposed to replaying DD, because to be honest DD doesn't have the same charm as the first four AA games he says with a Blackbright avatar. At the very least if I do replay DD I'm going to be skipping the first two cases.

Yeah, I don't think I'll replay DD much. I didn't enjoy the plot or new characters much, except for Fulbright, of course. :justice:

The cape is self-fluttering

Isn't it virtually impossible to play all the cases chronologically, back-to-back? I mean, considering the fourth case of Apollo Justice has a flashback case smackdab in the middle of it, how does one handle that? You can't exactly go into it after AAI2 and then pick up at the start of AJ and skip that part of case 4...
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

Sierra Mikain wrote:
Isn't it virtually impossible to play all the cases chronologically, back-to-back? I mean, considering the fourth case of Apollo Justice has a flashback case smackdab in the middle of it, how does one handle that? You can't exactly go into it after AAI2 and then pick up at the start of AJ and skip that part of case 4...

Lots and lots of save states. You'd have to do this specifically with AAI2-3 and 4-4 (and I don't count things like the tease at the end of 3-4 as parts where you need to stop playing)

Though, if you account for the Mason Investigation portion of 4-4, it's literally impossible. Parts in the future need to be completed before finishing the past portions. Though, it's all accessed by "future" Phoenix, so I guess it's ok?

Idol of Polar Bears

JesusMonroe wrote:
Though, if you account for the Mason Investigation portion of 4-4, it's literally impossible. Parts in the future need to be completed before finishing the past portions. Though, it's all accessed by "future" Phoenix, so I guess it's ok?

Agreed, but those aren't full cases, just individual recordings of the past that were examined by the jurors in the present. The Mason System portion of 4-4 is more a segueing point between Days 2 & 3, so the episode would chronologically progress more like this:

1) Flashback Case
2) Investigation Day 1
3) Trial Day 1
4) Mason System/"Investigation Day" 2
5) Trial Day 2

Spoiler: 5-4 & 5-5
Though, I can only imagine how much more confusing things will get when they make a flashback episode for the UR-1 Incident.

JesusMonroe wrote:
Sierra Mikain wrote:

Lots and lots of save states. You'd have to do this specifically with AAI2-3 and 4-4 (and I don't count things like the tease at the end of 3-4 as parts where you need to stop playing)

Oh, so you're talking emulator. I was still stuck in DS-mode.

And yeah, I would count the MASON time travel as part of the present-day 4-4 (with 33 y.o. Phoenix).
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

Zoinks

Mirii-chan wrote:

Yeah, I don't think I'll replay DD much. I didn't enjoy the plot or new characters much, except for Fulbright, of course. :justice:

Hellz yeah. Not even Apollo can match Fulbright's Justice
3DS Friend Code: 5129-1407-0950

| -#courtrecords- | -Last.fm- | -Twitter- |

I can't be the only one with this ship?

That chronology playthrough is the craziest thing I've heard of. Good luck with that.

I pretty much replay the entire trilogy every month. I know almost every line of dialogue.

I was replaying 3-5. I don't know if this is specific to Trials and Tribulations or this case alone, but MAN, it's unbelievably picky with the statement you need to present the evidence on. It actually gets unfair at points

Enoshima Junko-chan!

3-5 was the only case in T&T I didn't need a walkthrough for. I'm quite proud of it.

One thing that irks me is
Spoiler:
you have to say that the sketch contains a contradiction, when it really doesn't.

MBr wrote:
3-5 was the only case in T&T I didn't need a walkthrough for. I'm quite proud of it.

One thing that irks me is
Spoiler:
you have to say that the sketch contains a contradiction, when it really doesn't.

How so?

...NAILED IT

Enoshima Junko-chan!

Spoiler:
The sketch contains exactly what happens, it's just that everybody looks at it upside down

Racing through the sky like a Missile

MBr wrote:
Spoiler:
The sketch contains exactly what happens, it's just that everybody looks at it upside down

Spoiler: Actually, it is a contradiction
that is, with reality or with what people perceive to be as fact. It's one of my favorite literal turnabouts, since everything about that picture is worth a snort.

Wooooosh!

The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

The video game boy; the one who wins

Damnit, every time I listen to Investigation Core 2001 I want to play 1-4.
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)

All the main games, not AAI, AAI2 or AJ.

Alright, I've made up my mind! I'm gonna replay Apollo and Investigations. Who's with me?

TheUllas wrote:

Alright, I've made up my mind! I'm gonna replay Apollo and Investigations. Who's with me?

Heh, I was actually contemplating AJ myself... saving AAI for another a day though.

...NAILED IT

TheUllas wrote:
I'm gonna replay Apollo and Investigations. Who's with me?

I actually wanted to replay AAI the other day but remembered that a couple of years ago I sold it :sadshoe: I have the Japanese version but... I don't understand Japanese (I got it for the bits it came with).

Definitely going to have another play of AJ though when I find it, I miss Ema.

Enoshima Junko-chan!

Currently I am replaying the fan translation of GK2 as I whittle away time for the 3DS Trilogy release.

i may not know much

I'm gonna have to replay the first two cases of AJ, since I lost my save file. But I've decided to postpone that so I can finally finish AAI. And then after I finish those two, I might replay the first Ace Attorney, since I never actually finished Rise from the Ashes and I gotta wait till I have money for a 3DS or an emulator comes out so I can play DD.

TheUllas wrote:

I was replaying the first game, but I've played it so many times, I remember it off by heart still. So, I might replay AJ and Investigations as well, since I've replayed those the least.

CaptainCanti wrote:
I'm gonna have to replay the first two cases of AJ, since I lost my save file. But I've decided to postpone that so I can finally finish AAI. And then after I finish those two, I might replay the first Ace Attorney, since I never actually finished Rise from the Ashes and I gotta wait till I have money for a 3DS or an emulator comes out so I can play DD.

I still haven't completed DD yet. Sometimes I play a game right till the end, and then just randomly stop playing.

I didn't complete Farewell, My Turnabout till I replayed it. A friend had lent me JFA the first time I played, but couldn't figure the end out. Then before I could afford to get my own, I figured out what to do, but I had to wait ages before I could finish it. :larry:

Mirii-chan wrote:
I still haven't completed DD yet. Sometimes I play a game right till the end, and then just randomly stop playing.

Do you mean the main game or the extra case? I haven't finished the extra one because I couldn't stop cringing. But I'm right near the end I think. I'll end up finishing it though just because I don't want to leave it unfinished forever.

Do try and finish the main game though if that's what you meant :gant:

Louise wrote:
Mirii-chan wrote:

Do try and finish the main game though if that's what you meant :gant:

Do you sometimes have this feeling that if you finish something, it'll feel wrong? (Has never happened with the AA series, though :will: )

But phew, there seems to be quite a lot of stuff to replay for us old people here.
Page 1 of 3 [ 89 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby