Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby

Page 6 of 10[ 366 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Re: Unpopular Opinions You Have On AATopic%20Title

[Whip the cream!]

I don't know how unpopular this is, because I never know what counts as unpopular or not, but I've seen him get a lot of hate so I'll just put it here. I like Jean Armstrong. I mean, if he's written in a mean-spirited way that ain't cool, but him as a person, I find him quite endearing. (And I get so angry with how the other characters are reacting to him! Not that I think that's an unpopular opinion, though. Kudos (haha, Kudo, eh whatever) to Godot, for actually treating him like any other human being and not some freak. You do you, Jean! Takes guts to behave that way anyway, being all campy and effeminate and silly, because of all the prejudices when it comes to people like him. He's being himself.)
Gimme a "P"! Gimme an "I"! Give me a "P" and an "E"! What's that spell?! Pipe!

The video game boy; the one who wins

Ja. Armstrong is a darling. Besides stealing the magatama, he didn't have bad intentions. I can see why people find him annoying, but not the downright loathing. He's chill and he marches to the beat of his own drum. So what if he loves each sparkle and each bangle? Why not try to see thingsfrom a different angle?
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)

A Kirby and AA fan

WaitingforGodot wrote:
I don't know how unpopular this is, because I never know what counts as unpopular or not, but I've seen him get a lot of hate so I'll just put it here. I like Jean Armstrong. I mean, if he's written in a mean-spirited way that ain't cool, but him as a person, I find him quite endearing. (And I get so angry with how the other characters are reacting to him! Not that I think that's an unpopular opinion, though. Kudos (haha, Kudo, eh whatever) to Godot, for actually treating him like any other human being and not some freak. You do you, Jean! Takes guts to behave that way anyway, being all campy and effeminate and silly, because of all the prejudices when it comes to people like him. He's being himself.)

I'll not say too much, since this is not exactly the place for it. But I do agree that Jean Armstrong should be able to be who he wants to be. But just as free as he is to be himself, I think everyone is just as free to have an opinion. I don't think any of the characters were particularly judgmental (more confused than anything) and nobody told Jean what he can or can't do, I think. Nobody told Jean to "act like a man", if I recall correctly. (But my memory isn't that great, so...) And thinking it's disgusting to rub oil all over your plus-sized body in the middle of a kitchen is a pretty valid opinion to have, I think

[Whip the cream!]

Going for Miles wrote:
Ja. Armstrong is a darling. Besides stealing the magatama, he didn't have bad intentions. I can see why people find him annoying, but not the downright loathing. He's chill and he marches to the beat of his own drum. So what if he loves each sparkle and each bangle? Why not try to see thingsfrom a different angle?

Yeah, I can see that too, why people find him annoying, but exactly, agree with everything (and the song).
Nurio wrote:
But just as free as he is to be himself, I think everyone is just as free to have an opinion. I don't think any of the characters were particularly judgmental (more confused than anything)

Nah, that wasn't what I meant, that people weren't free to have an opinion. This was merely mine (was mentioning the fact that he got a lot of hate to tell why I wrote this in this thread, and not just jabbering about a random character out of nowhere). I just sensed a lot of in-game judging and disrespect (that seemed to be for funsies - but yet again, he might as well be written in a mean-spirited way, I can't tell if he's written to be a stereotype or just a, hm, eccentric person, and if so, if he's written in a disrespectful way, the characters probably reacted according to that). But then again, a lot of strange people in the game get some taste of that too, soeahhh. Was merely thinking of my own opinions regarding this.

To rub oil all over your body in a kitchen, yeah, not a nice thing to do. But I disagree that him having a "plus-sized" body somehow made it worse. But honestly I suspect a lot stems fom his looks. Had he been more conventionally attractive, and thin (or at least not plus-sized) I don't see people being as put off by him (players and Phoenix alike). Sadly.

[Whip the cream!]

I agree. Sadly. Not to mention if it would be a nice looking girlie who rubbed oil all over herself in a kitchen...

Happy Maria

What a Coincedence. Just wrote about this today.

My thing about Jean is that while he does seem obnoxious initially,he actually has more depth to him than suspected,and it's quite nice. Also,he never really makes the second trial awkward,and it really helps so that you can concentrate.

@dangerousoffender Yeah,the fourth case of AAI is probably the best in the game,but IMO the final case is the worst final case in the series and I don't really like case three that much. Case one and two are ok I guess

And my beef with Godot is that he's not a very good prosecutor. He keeps pulling out the proof card,and it gets redundant fast.

But Nahyuta is far worse because at least Godot was somewhat entertaining in court. Nahyuta just keeps spouting the same nonsense over and over,and I don't even care for him,making his redemption all the more worse

Speaking of characters that people hate because of their looks, I think Spark Brushel was one of the most entertaining characters in AJ. I agree that he's unpleasant to look at(Armstrong just looks a little ridiculous if you ask me, not ugly), but he was lot of fun.

A Kirby and AA fan

Going for Miles wrote:
But I disagree that him having a "plus-sized" body somehow made it worse

I don't see what's wrong in thinking plus-sized bodies are less attractive than slimmer bodies

WaitingforGodot wrote:
I agree. Sadly. Not to mention if it would be a nice looking girlie who rubbed oil all over herself in a kitchen...

Just like I don't see what's wrong in thinking girls are more attractive than men. Especially a "nice-looking girlie" as you put it :ron:

So, yes, both gender and physical looks matter in something that was very visual by nature. It's not strange for a (presumably) straight male to be repulsed by the sight of a plus-sized male rubbing oil over himself.

(That said, I don't think a girl rubbing oil all over her is particularly appealing either. I'm just not much for oil, I guess)

I think I'll say no more on this matter, because I can already feel this going the wrong way...

Oh, I didn't interpret your post about being specifically about attractiveness, so my thoughts were along the line of that I think how people percieve him as a character in general. But I agree dwelling any more on this would belong to an entirely different discussion. I wasn't trying to say people who don't like Armstrong, or think he's ugly, or don't like him because they think he's ugly are bad people, but I do think it's sad if that's the case, regardless of whether it's natural or cultural or both.

[Whip the cream!]

Nurio wrote:
Just like I don't see what's wrong in thinking girls are more attractive than men. Especially a "nice-looking girlie" as you put it :ron:

Ohh that's definitely not what I meant either - of course it's not anything wrong with that, I don't know what I said that made it sound like that, I have my preferences as well when it comes to the looks of people, not finding myself shallow because of it. What I meant was just to add a comment to what GfM said - if he had been attractive it wouldn't be seen as repulsive, probably, and if it was a nice-looking girlie, as I, uh, so very eloquently put it, it would most likely be done for fanservice instead of the right opposite. It was just a little comment.
Quote:
I think I'll say no more on this matter, because I can already feel this going the wrong way...

Hahaha! It's probably for the best, yes, and to each their own, I respect that people have different opinions. I don't exactly feel the need to say anything more on this matter either. Viewpoints, viewpoints...

...although I'm a bit amused that my Armstrong-post started a discussion like this.

Happy Maria

T&T is only amazing because of its final case. The flashback cases are just alright,and the filler cases are just good. Without the final case,the game would just be 'good'.

Ultimate Godot Fan

Some unpopular opinions I have are:

Dual Destinies is the best game. After replaying it, I realized that every case in this game was perfect to me.
Turnabout Sisters is an awful case.
Turnabout Succession is one of my favorite cases, along with Turnabout for Tomorrow.
I hate everything about Investigations.
SoJ Ema > AJ Ema
Godot is the best prosecutor.
Dahlia Hawthorne is overrated.
Godot is also my favorite villain.
Spoiler: Spirit of Justice
Ga'ran is an awful villain.

The Phantom was a good villain.
Recipe for Turnabout was worse than Turnabout Big Top.
Reunion, and Turnabout was the worst case in Justice for All.
Meekins is a great character.
"The only time a lawyer can cry is when it's all over." -Godot, 2019.

The imagination justifies the pimp

Moddragon22 wrote:

Dual Destinies is the best game. After replaying it, I realized that every case in this game was perfect to me.

I love DD, but I don't find it perfect myself, but that's irrelevant.
Moddragon22 wrote:

Not that good, but not that terrible either
Moddragon22 wrote:
Turnabout Succession is one of my favorite cases

Welp, something to disagree on
Moddragon22 wrote:

...Fine :sadshoe:
Moddragon22 wrote:
SoJ Ema > AJ Ema

No arguments there
Moddragon22 wrote:

None of these are unpopular FYI
Moddragon22 wrote:

Thank you
Moddragon22 wrote:

THANK YOU
Moddragon22 wrote:

I like some things about it, but I can't find myself defending it all too well
Moddragon22 wrote:

That's stretching it tbh, he's decent at best.

Here's my unpopular opinion; Oldbag is one of my top favorite AA characters :oldbag:

Racing through the sky like a Missile

Now, now. If Gumshoe ever is confirmed to be Chief of Police, then Meekins can become a detective. Both may seem unlikely, but I have hopes for good ol' Mikey.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

Ultimate Godot Fan

Dynakirby63 wrote:
Here's my unpopular opinion; Oldbag is one of my top favorite AA characters :oldbag:

I think we have a winner for most unpopular opinion.

Ultimate Godot Fan

Rubia Ryu the Royal wrote:
Meekins can become a detective.

Investigations 3, the new partner is Meekins! :meekins:

Happy Maria

All AJ cases are in my top twenty. They're that good.

And Oldbag is great what the heck are you talking about

Moddragon22 wrote:

Turnabout Succession is one of my favorite cases, along with Turnabout for Tomorrow.
SoJ Ema > AJ Ema

Oh wow! These sure are pretty unpopular. But...

...I believe Ga'ran being an awful villain is a pretty popular opinion, actually.

I agree with you on Meekins. He is such a funny character! I wouldn't mind seeing him in a future game.

Gregory... Tomorrow, I'm heading towards that fateful place with your son. To find out the truth of 18 years ago...

Ultimate Godot Fan

Southern Corn (SC) wrote:
All AJ cases are in my top twenty.

I liked all of them except Turnabout Corner.

Ultimate Godot Fan

Slammer wrote:
...I believe Ga'ran being an awful villain is a pretty popular opinion, actually.

Spoiler: 6-5
I didn't really know people's opinion on Ga'ran.

Slammer wrote:
I agree with you on Meekins. He is such a funny character! I wouldn't mind seeing him in a future game.

Agreed. I want him to become the new detective in AA7 or I3.

Happy Maria

Moddragon22 wrote:
All AJ cases are in my top twenty.

I liked all of them except Turnabout Corner.

Usually it's Seranade that's disliked. Either way,I love Corner's settings and mystery. Easily in my top twenty.

For me,I'd rank the cases like this-4>1>2>3

Ultimate Godot Fan

Either way,I love Corner's settings and mystery. Easily in my top twenty.

Turnabout Corner only had two new characters that I liked, and they were Eldoon and Stickler. Everyone else was either annoying or decent. Also, the panty-snatching mystery was stupid.

Happy Maria

I'm mainly talking about how all the events are interconnected. Seriously,they all depended on each other to even happen. It's great.

Ultimate Godot Fan

I'm mainly talking about how all the events are interconnected. Seriously,they all depended on each other to even happen. It's great.

Yeah, that's pretty cool.

Well in terms of AJ, I guess I'm not winning awards when I say that I don't like Trump and Succession, and like Corner and Serenade.

Ultimate Godot Fan

Dynakirby63 wrote:
Well in terms of AJ, I guess I'm not winning awards when I say that I don't like Trump and Succession, and like Corner and Serenade.

That's actually pretty unpopular, so have an award. Uh, this Klavier: :rock'n:

Happy Maria

Dynakirby63 wrote:

Uh,actually you are. Trump is regarded by many as the best first case of the series;and the filler cases are mostly disliked. Succession is pretty mixed though.

Oh, I don't know Turnabout Trump was that praised. I wouldn't say it's that bad, it's just that it doesn't do an efficient job introducing the AJ universe and rather just slap faces with a bunch of absurd things that tells you "Hey, remember all the things you know and love about Phoenix? Yeah, let's set them on fire." Sure this gets redeemed later, but it still feels like a sloppy introduction overall.

Happy Maria

Actually, I think it's done perfectly. Just the general atmosphere of the case plus Phoenix...it's supposed to make you feel comfortable. I think that's the beauty of it,but to each their own.

Ultimate Godot Fan

Dynakirby63 wrote:
Oh, I don't know Turnabout Trump was that praised. I wouldn't say it's that bad, it's just that it doesn't do an efficient job introducing the AJ universe and rather just slap faces with a bunch of absurd things that tells you "Hey, remember all the things you know and love about Phoenix? Yeah, let's set them on fire." Sure this gets redeemed later, but it still feels like a sloppy introduction overall.

I don't know why, but I also don't like Turnabout Trump. Somethings... off about it.

Ultimate Godot Fan

Actually, I think it's done perfectly. Just the general atmosphere of the case plus Phoenix...it's supposed to make you feel comfortable. I think that's the beauty of it,but to each their own.

I didn't feel very comfortable just because everything established in the original trilogy was just burned to the ground.

Happy Maria

Exactly. It creates a huge sense of mystery to what happpen,which is supposed to make you want to play further to figure it out. Even if you believe that the ending was unsatisfactory, you cannot place that blame on 4-1. It established a mystery,not resolve it.

Ultimate Godot Fan

Exactly. It creates a huge sense of mystery to what happpen,which is supposed to make you want to play further to figure it out. Even if you believe that the ending was unsatisfactory, you cannot place that blame on 4-1. It established a mystery,not resolve it.

I was mainly disappointed just because I missed a lot of the OT characters. Especially Gumshoe, Butz, and Iris.

Happy Maria

I don't blame you. I still think AJ has its own good characters though. Trucy,Ema,Kristoph,even Apollo himself. Only exception is Klavier

Ultimate Godot Fan

I don't blame you. I still think AJ has its own good characters though. Trucy,Ema,Kristoph,even Apollo himself. Only exception is Klavier

Kristoph is one of the best villains in the series. :pft:

I like Klavier :sadshoe:

Ultimate Godot Fan

Dynakirby63 wrote:
I like Klavier :sadshoe:

I feel indifferent about Klavier for the most part.

Happy Maria

He's alright I guess,but his character is portrayed very inconsistently throughout the cases.

Klavier is great. Klavier is nice. Klavier is a diva. Klavier is funny. Klavier is pretty. Klavier is friendly. Klavier is ridicilous. Klavier is glimmerous. Klavier is hardcore. I love Klavier. He's probably my favourite prosecutor after Edgeworth. On topic since that seems to be an unpopular opinion judging from what I've seen on this forum and other places. I think he's a good character.
Page 6 of 10 [ 366 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby