Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby

Page 1 of 1[ 15 posts ]

Do you get handcramps when playing?Topic%20Title

Doing the drywall at the new McDonalds

So something super strange happened to me last weekend: I got the urge to play Phoenix Wright. The last two times I've played the games its been to prepare for a new one, so when that happens its about speeding through them and playing every day rather than playing when I really feel like it. (That's why I'd recommend if someone wants to do a marathon for AA6 to start GS1 now and just do one every couple of months until the game comes out. By the time I got to DD I had played 6 games in the span of 4 months and I was really getting tired of PW gameplay). So it was strange to suddenly feel like I want to play it just because.

So I ended up downloading the 3DS trilogy and I really like it, but a problem has come back: the last couple times I've played PW, I always end up getting handcramps. I'm playing on a 3DS XL, and it fits well in my hand, but I play PW with the stylus, so I always end up having to be in this weird situation where I'm holding one hand on the 3DS, then holding a couple fingers of the stylus hand on the other side, then using the stylus. The 3DSXL isn't the sturdiest thing, and when I only use one hand to hold the thing up I can feel the back of it getting pressed down, which panics me by thinking i'm hurting it, so I always feel like I need that other hand to give some support. I also hate playing with the buttons because it's so much easier to just click on things.

So after explaining that strange, really specific "problem" I have, I was curious: do any of you get handcramps while playing PW? How do you hold the game when you play? Do you prefer Stylus or the buttons?
I used to have Sam Waterston as my avatar but photobucket added a watermark and also Law & Order has been cancelled for 10 years so it's time for me to move on.
Re: Do you get handcramps when playing?Topic%20Title

wark

I usually hold my 3DS with both hands or just lay it on my pillow when I'm really lazy or tired of holding it, so I don't get hand cramps that often. I prefer to use the stylus because it's easier to play the game with.

The video game boy; the one who wins

I try to make sure I hold it so that I don't get cramps, like partly resting it against something. Clicking through dialogue, I shift between stylus and buttons.
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)

A Kirby and AA fan

Yeah, I sometimes get cramps, but I switch positions (sitting vs lying down) or play styles (stylus vs buttons) every so often to prevent that

[Whip the cream!]

I've gotten mild ones, I think my grip is too hard at times. I often rest the DS against a surface, though, like my thighs or a pillow, as well as switching positions, so I think that has been good. I switch between buttons and stylus.
Gimme a "P"! Gimme an "I"! Give me a "P" and an "E"! What's that spell?! Pipe!

Rey de los Volcanes

Never had that problem really. I only use the stylus is I must, otherwise I always go buttons since is more confortable for me.

I often switch positions while playing but I also play A LOT in one sitting, even more if it's a new game, I can't stop.

I get slight cramps in the back of my hand, though this isn't exclusive to AA. I tend to use buttons-only, no need to use the stylus for this game. (And even games that give me options for using stylus... I just twist my hand and tap the screen with the small-finger fingernail to do that. Also... I just hold the game. With two hands, while sitting/lying on the couch. Or when I'm lying on my stomach in bed, I have a pillow as a sort of support.

C-A

The Enigma

Hand cramps: No
Blisters: Yes
Also can't play for too long because I get headaches after a while. Mom thinks it's my epilepsy. I think it's that there's too much text to take in that my brain is like...wut? It's painful, but I lurv it too much :ron:
I've heard rumors… Bramimond, one of the eight legends, devoted himself entirely to the dark. All emotion, all memory… dissolved in a river of dark. That is how he received the power to best dragons

[Whip the cream!]

All the text makes me blink less than I should, combined with me marathon-playing (too excited by the fact that I finally own a DS) makes my eyes all blurry after a while. Have to squint rest of the evening away when that happens. Not clever.
Gimme a "P"! Gimme an "I"! Give me a "P" and an "E"! What's that spell?! Pipe!

A Kirby and AA fan

Reyolcan wrote:
Never had that problem really. I only use the stylus is I must, otherwise I always go buttons since is more confortable for me.

I often switch positions while playing but I also play A LOT in one sitting, even more if it's a new game, I can't stop.

If you must? I'm curious now under what circumstances you must use the stylus

Rey de los Volcanes

Nurio wrote:
Reyolcan wrote:

If you must? I'm curious now under what circumstances you must use the stylus

For example those wheels you use to move the angle on 3D evidence, as far as I know there's no way to do it with buttons alone.

A Kirby and AA fan

Hmm... I am fairly sure there were buttons for that, but I honestly can't be sure! And it's not too important to take the time to figure out, I think. It was just simple curiosity, heheh

Great Revival

There was always the control pad, the R button and the button which is NEVER used...A.

The cape is self-fluttering

Ha. Wish I could say it was only hand cramps. Between computer work and gaming, I've started purchasing braces for the wrist and thumb, and limiting the amount of time my right hand uses any tool for input. I'll still use the 3DS but will set it down or hold it in a way that it doesn't put a strain on my hand.
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

Great Revival

On the rare occasions I do get cramps I play with my nose. Don't ask how. I just...do.
Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby