Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby

Page 2 of 2[ 45 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Re: Saddest Song in the Series?Topic%20Title

Winter Flag Trademark

To me, DL-6's theme, Scars Carved by Fire, Steel Samurai's Ballad, Shadows of Dusky Bridge and the Gramarye Reminiscence theme were the reminiscence themes I felt the most saddest.

Still haven't listened to all of GS5's reminiscences yet. And what about DGS?

This account is dead. Link to my DeviantART.

Miles Edgeworth Enthusiast

It's probably that Turnabout Sisters theme. :mia:

Bidoof bidoof bidoof is on fire

Oh man, any version of Turnabout Sisters can break me. Even the upbeat one that plays whenever you're in the office with Maya during investigations can get a tear or two out of me.

Speaking of Athena's theme, the slowed down version of Apollo's theme also really gets to me when you hear it in 5-4 and 5-5. :larry:

The interesting thing about JFA's victory theme is that it comes off to me as both cheerful and sad. It's upbeat and lighthearted but it also has this melancholy feeling to it that makes it one of my favourite songs in the series. You won the case, but, you know, someone just died. This works especially well for JFA since you feel sorry for either the defendant or the killer, even after getting an acquittal, and then the last case, well, it's a rollarcoaster.
Spoiler:
(I just realized 'cheerful but melancholy' also works really well considering how things turned out for Adrian Andrews. Damn.)

Also, them ending themes. Apollo Justice's is sad-sounding, but the ending of the game didn't have enough of an effect on me for the song to get to me all that much. However, Trials and Tribulations' ending theme always destroys me after everything that happened. :maggey-sad: It kind of has this emptiness to it and yet it's just so well done. Also doesn't help my emotions that they threw Turnabout Sisters in there too. (I'm listening to the ending theme right now and it makes me want to go replay T&T.)
I... feel foolish.

My tumblr: http://www.polkadot-cookie.tumblr.com
My Apollo-centric sideblog: http://www.chords-of-fine.tumblr.com

If we don't have order, Prosecutor Blackquill will yell at us!

A Kirby and AA fan

Nado13579 wrote:
The interesting thing about JFA's victory theme is that it comes off to me as both cheerful and sad. It's upbeat and lighthearted but it also has this melancholy feeling to it that makes it one of my favourite songs in the series. You won the case, but, you know, someone just died. This works especially well for JFA since you feel sorry for either the defendant or the killer, even after getting an acquittal, and then the last case, well, it's a rollarcoaster.
Spoiler:
(I just realized 'cheerful but melancholy' also works really well considering how things turned out for Adrian Andrews. Damn.)

It's not just guilt. There's more to it that makes JFA's victory theme so fitting with its melancholic tune that still carries cheer
Spoiler: JFA
2-1: Maggey is all sad, claiming she brings bad luck with her everywhere, but eventually tries to remain strong
2-2: Maya found out her aunt tried to frame her, and Pearl ends up without a mother. But the two find solace in each other
2-3: I don't need to explain Acro's case here. But also for Regina, her eyes were opened to a harsh world and everything has collapses, but Moe takes it on himself to rebuild and keep Russel's legacy going
2-4: As you said, an emotional roller coaster. And Adrian Andrew's case

I think I've made this point many times in the past. It's one of the things I've noticed when I played JFA, and I am always strangely glad to find people thinking the same

Bidoof bidoof bidoof is on fire

Nurio wrote:
It's not just guilt. There's more to it that makes JFA's victory theme so fitting with its melancholic tune that still carries cheer
Spoiler: JFA
2-1: Maggey is all sad, claiming she brings bad luck with her everywhere, but eventually tries to remain strong
2-2: Maya found out her aunt tried to frame her, and Pearl ends up without a mother. But the two find solace in each other
2-3: I don't need to explain Acro's case here. But also for Regina, her eyes were opened to a harsh world and everything has collapses, but Moe takes it on himself to rebuild and keep Russel's legacy going
2-4: As you said, an emotional roller coaster. And Adrian Andrew's case

I think I've made this point many times in the past. It's one of the things I've noticed when I played JFA, and I am always strangely glad to find people thinking the same

Gah, this is one of the reasons why I like Justice for All so freaking much.

I suppose most of the cases in the series in general end on a tragic-yet-optimistic note, but I agree that JFA does it really well. Especially with the music (AA1 and AA4 also have bittersweet victory themes that I adore, but JFA's just captures the mood perfectly).
I... feel foolish.

My tumblr: http://www.polkadot-cookie.tumblr.com
My Apollo-centric sideblog: http://www.chords-of-fine.tumblr.com

If we don't have order, Prosecutor Blackquill will yell at us!
Page 2 of 2 [ 45 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby