Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby

Page 1 of 1[ 15 posts ]

Ace Attorney cameos in Capcom's Nazo Waku Yakata (3DS)Topic%20Title

迷探偵

While this is pretty old, I couldn't find any English write-ups on this and as I played the game myself recently: did you know that Phoenix and Apollo's first appearance on the 3DS was already as early as in 2011? Nazo Waku Yakata (2011) was an early 3DS game by Capcom and the short bonus chapter you unlock after beating the game has some hilarious cameo appearances by Ace Attorney characters.

First is up a rather surprising appearance of Apollo:
Spoiler:
The living mannequin doll from the main game returns, saying she has found a couple of good faces. After donning a Servbot's and Sir Arthur's head, she shows off her last face. She'll ask you to name each face by the way. In the main game, the doll kills you for your clothes and head, so she kinda killed Apollo, apparently.

And then you go to a rather curious courtroom:
Spoiler:

Your complaint about being assaulted by Capcom characters however is interrupted by a:

Voiced by Phoenix himself, accompanied by the right music. Nick manages to prove his clients' innocence with a rather normal item.

The outcome of this? Well, that's something for those who've played Nazo Waku Yakata.

Anyway, a rather funny entry in Ace Attorney game-history, I thought.
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear
Re: Ace Attorney cameos in Capcom's Nazo Waku Yakata (3DS)Topic%20Title

A Kirby and AA fan

Whoa, I never knew about this cameo! And dang... That's actually pretty dang creepy. That first part, anyhow
Not really knowing what the game is about, I can't pretend I fully understand how well that second part fits and what you're supposed to do there

Great Revival

Apollo may be dead...but he'll be FINE!

Gardevoir lover

So... In this games universe Apollo is dead?

My DA account can be found here: http://klonoahedgehog.deviantart.com/

Great Revival

Klonoahedgehog wrote:
So... In this games universe Apollo is dead?

Apollo has always been dead. The one we know is a ghost.

迷探偵

Nurio wrote:
Not really knowing what the game is about, I can't pretend I fully understand how well that second part fits and what you're supposed to do there

There's not much to do, as it's just a bonus chapter. The 'story' simply with you being attacked by a bunch of famous Capcom characters, you flee into the mannequin room and then you escape to the courtroom, where you try to appeal to the judge about being attacked, but Phoenix objects to that.
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

A Kirby and AA fan

Ash wrote:
Nurio wrote:

There's not much to do, as it's just a bonus chapter. The 'story' simply with you being attacked by a bunch of famous Capcom characters, you flee into the mannequin room and then you escape to the courtroom, where you try to appeal to the judge about being attacked, but Phoenix objects to that.

Now I'm curious what you do in the game. Like, the non bonus chapters.

Racing through the sky like a Missile

It's basically a mansion filled with mysteries, and it's up to you to solve as many as you can. Interestingly, from what I can gather from the official site, it's like a sound novel, rather than a visual novel. The focus of gameplay rests with what you hear, not only what you see.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

迷探偵

It's basically an experimental / 3DS demo-esque game, with "puzzles" making use of 3DS features like the gyroscope and the microphone, but also binaural audio. It was made a team of Capcom employees who had only been one or two years at the company, so it's pretty rough at times. Basically, each chapter you make your way through a couple of rooms where you'll need to solve "puzzles" (some are simply replying to questions, so it's not always a real puzzle). The mannequin doll one for example wants new clothes and asks you what you're wearing, and you have to answer her through the microphone.

It's very similar to games early in the original DS' lifespan showcasing the various feature of the system. There's fantastic great sound design though (with binaural recording, so you really should play with a headphone) and tons of famous voice actors doing parts in the game, which is probably why it's not localised.

Gardevoir lover

Somebody should upload the courtroom scene to Youtube. I kind of want to see it in motion.

My DA account can be found here: http://klonoahedgehog.deviantart.com/

Oh man, I can't believe I never heard about this. Was this game just not very popular or something? That Apollo looks...weird, kinda creepy.
Signature loading, please wait...

A Kirby and AA fan

That actually sounds really cool. I pretty much come from visual novels. And hey, I always play with headphones.
I once listened to these supposed 3D audio recordings, and they sounded so real, to the point I was looking behind me because I heard knocking behind me. Is that the same as this binaural audio deal?

1000% Knight

Ash wrote:
It's basically an experimental / 3DS demo-esque game, with "puzzles" making use of 3DS features like the gyroscope and the microphone, but also binaural audio. It was made a team of Capcom employees who had only been one or two years at the company, so it's pretty rough at times. Basically, each chapter you make your way through a couple of rooms where you'll need to solve "puzzles" (some are simply replying to questions, so it's not always a real puzzle). The mannequin doll one for example wants new clothes and asks you what you're wearing, and you have to answer her through the microphone.

It's very similar to games early in the original DS' lifespan showcasing the various feature of the system. There's fantastic great sound design though (with binaural recording, so you really should play with a headphone) and tons of famous voice actors doing parts in the game, which is probably why it's not localised.

Is it worth the cost, though? I've seen it in the eshop, but I've never actually gotten it because it just looks so... weird.
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

Great Revival

Well, don't most Japanese things look weird at a glance?
Notice I said most.

迷探偵

Bad Player wrote:
Is it worth the cost, though? I've seen it in the eshop, but I've never actually gotten it because it just looks so... weird.

Meh, it's more an experiment than a real game. The idea of a sound-based game is good, but the execution is a bit bare-bones.
Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby