Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby

Page 1 of 1[ 15 posts ]

Phoenix & Maya in Project X Zone 2Topic%20Title

迷探偵

Project X Zone 2 has been out for a while now, and while the game will be out next year in the West, some might be already curious as to the roles of Phoenix & Maya. The two function in the game as one Solo Unit, a unit you can 'summon' once in every battle. They join the party very early in the game and are in fact the main focus of the PXZ2 demo (obvious spoiler warning)

Spoiler:
Chapter 2: That Man, Like A Dragon
Phoenix and Maya are stuck in front of Club Sega in a monster-infested Kamurocho, which has been sealed off by a set of walls (to keep the monsters inside). They are to meet with their newest client, but are cornered by a couple of zombies. Then their client arrives and saves them. Heihachi Mishima (Tekken) says he's being framed for the happenings in Kamurocho and he wants Nick to prove his innocence. Majima (Yakuza) arrives too, demanding to know who's behind the chaos in Kamurocho, to which Heihachi answers it's Shadaloo (Street Fighter). Majima knows Nick and Maya, as Nick has represented the Tojo Clan previously and even helped prove Majima's innocence. Reiji and Xiaomu of Shinra arrive as well as Jill and Chris (Resident Evil) and finally the Dragon of Dojima, Kiryu (Yakuza). They tell Phoenix and Maya to hide in the sewer while they take care off the monsters. After the fight, Kiryu tells the group about an urban legend that the manhole Phoenix and Maya entered connects to another dimension, and indeed, the two aren't there. The group enters the manhole to save Phoenix and Maya.

Chapter 3: The Family Together, And Turnabout
Phoenix and Maya find themselves in the Demon World, where they arrive just as Demitri and Morrigan (Darkstalkers) are about to fight. Morrigan offers to send them back to the human world. Meanwhile, Heihachi Mishima finds his son Kazuya Mishima and grandson Jin Kazama (Tekken) in the Demon World, who are about to fight, but they get surrounded by demons. Reiji, Xiamu, Jill, Chris, Kiryu and Majima arrive to fight off the monsters.

It's then that Demitri and Morrigan arrive, together with Phoenix and Maya. Finally, Bulletta/Baby Bonny Hood (Darkstalkers) also pops up, saying she's here to kill Phoenix. Bulletta is hired by Shadaloo to kill Phoenix, so he can't defend Heihachi (and it's easier to kill Phoenix than Heihachi). There are too many monsters, so the fighters can't send Phoenix and Maya away. Morrigan notices Maya's magatama, and says she'll infuse it with demon power. She orders Maya to infuse the magatama with the wish to become stronger (Maya wishes she'll be as strong as the Steel Samurai and the Pink Princess, and for Nick's "objection" to be able to hurt the monsters), after which Morrigan infuses her demon powers in the magatama, making Phoenix and Maya available for battle (as support characters to Demitri and Morrigan). After defeating Bulletta, Reiji thinks it's wise to have Shinra take custody over Phoenix and Maya.

Phoenix & Maya join the colorful cast as relatively normal people, and are usually making comments on the rather ridiculous and unbelievable things they see during the adventure. Like the first PXZ, PXZ2 suffers from 'everyone-needs-to-talk-but-we-have-too-many-people-so-everyone-has-just-one-line', so they're usually not obviously present, though it's actually Phoenix who occassionally manages to drive the story forward by making deductions about the enemies' movements.

In the second half of the game, the story shifts to an AA-centred story once again:

Spoiler:
Chapter 31: Dancing Turnabout
The heroes arrive at the Dragon Palace, where they discover they've been too late: the Golden Seed has been stolen from the Dragon Palace. They find Tarosuke (Youkai Douchuuki) in front of the palace, argueing with one of the bad guys. Apparently, Otohime had the complete palace sealed the moment she noticed the Golden Seed was gone (making it only possible for people to enter, not to leave), and none of the bad guys managed to escape before that. From the conversations between Shadow (Space Channel 5) and Sigma (Megaman X), we learn that they apparently already managed to send the Golden Seed away before the place was sealed however.

Otohime declares that nobody is allowed to leave the palace until the whole deal is cleared up, when one of the bad guys accuses the heroes of having taken the Golden Seed. Otohime conjures up a courtroom in the Dragon Palace court, and the heroes ask Phoenix to defend them. In the meanwhile, Tarosuke has gotten Edgeworth from the human world, and he is to do what he's best at: prosecute. Court is about to open when a decisive witness appears on the scene, who clears the whole thing up. And then the battle begins.

After the battle, the heroes (and Edgeworth) are invited to a party in the Dragon Palace. The next day, the heroes leave again, and Tarosuke mentions that Edgeworth was still sprawled over the floor and that he'd send him back home when he'd get up.

Gameplay-wise, Phoenix & Maya are actually quite good. The very first attack breaks shields instantly, so they're fantastic in the latter half of the game, where every other enemy has a shield. They build the XP bar decently, and also have a fairly good selection of skills.
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear
Re: Phoenix & Maya in Project X Zone 2Topic%20Title

迷探偵

The demo is already out (and if it's the same as the Japanese demo, it should feature the Ace Attorney characters). Nobody played it?
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

Call me James

I've played the first two chapters of the demo (will play the rest here and there), it's actually pretty good. And yeah, Phoenix and Maya debut in chapter 2. Quite interesting, and since I've not played the first game, I don't really have much to compare it to. I'm just gonna be playing Project X Zone 2 :phoenix:
http://i.neoseeker.com/mgv/9935-Akira_E ... 44a161.gif

"I love the thrill of a good solution!"

Racing through the sky like a Missile

I'm so new to the PXZ series, so I've just been peeking around at videos of gameplay (in Jp). Is there a date set for the release in the West yet? Or at least what season next year?

Spoiler: Regarding the 2nd half...
Dammit, Edgeworth. Is this how you act with children around? Use some discretion, man! >:C

Yet, I can't help but get the feeling that Dante had something to do with it.

The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

Rubia Ryu the Royal wrote:
Is there a date set for the release in the West yet? Or at least what season next year?

February 16, 2016, North America

February 12, 2016, Europe

February 19, 2016, Australia

Gregory... Tomorrow, I'm heading towards that fateful place with your son. To find out the truth of 18 years ago...

迷探偵

Professor Yoshi wrote:
I've played the first two chapters of the demo (will play the rest here and there), it's actually pretty good. And yeah, Phoenix and Maya debut in chapter 2. Quite interesting, and since I've not played the first game, I don't really have much to compare it to. I'm just gonna be playing Project X Zone 2 :phoenix:

There aren't many references to the first PxZ, besides some 'we met before' conversations, so storywise, it shouldn't prove any problems (the game actually refers more often to the original Namco VS Capcom). As a game, it's a slightly more streamlined version of the first PxZ, but it can still be a bit tedious from the second half on, with very long missions that don't require much (mental) input from the player.

But the fanservice! The chapter with Segata Sanshiro is brilliant for example! In fact, I'd say that the SEGA characters got the best treatment of all the company characters in this game.

迷探偵

Oh, totally forgot to mention this, but a second playthrough features an extra scene in one of the later chapters, with a lot of fanservice (also for AA fans):
Spoiler:
All the girls in a hot spring!

Racing through the sky like a Missile

I just got around to watching the trial segment of the game, and I'm still confused about something...
Spoiler:
What the heck did Tarosuke say to Edgeworth that convinced him to show up in a place like this!?

And I get the feeling the real reason Otohime summoned him was so she could be a good hostess... for the party.

The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

迷探偵

I don't remember the exact lines, but I think it was something along the line of:
Spoiler:
"Golly, I get to follow a mysterious young boy to a differrent world to prosecute, with Phoenix as my opponent? Count me in!"

Why he showed up for the epilgue, that's a riddle...

迷探偵

As I'm going through my second playthrough anyway...

Spoiler: Second playthrough spoiler (fanservice scene)

The cape is self-fluttering

Ash wrote:

Huh.
Spoiler:
Is that KOS-MOS on the left there?

"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

迷探偵

Jean Descole wrote:
Huh.
Spoiler:
Is that KOS-MOS on the left there?

Yes.

Gardevoir lover

Ash wrote:

Figures that Lucina is front and center.

My DA account can be found here: http://klonoahedgehog.deviantart.com/

Master of sharp things!

So this came out in the US yesterday, and while I haven't had time to play yet, I've got to say that the character interactions I've seen online from the English version of the game are already pretty funny.

The cape is self-fluttering

Out of everyone I've ever considered to have a "buttchin," M. Bison has never been one of them. But now I will never unsee.
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT
Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby