Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby

Page 4 of 4[ 146 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Re: How has PW affected your life?Topic%20Title

To be completely honest, it changed the way I looked at narratives. I had been learning it in school, and about the theme's and how literature is supposed to be powerful, but I never got it. This series has changed the way I think about stories in general, real or not, and has changed me to think more critically about everything in my life. I really think this changed my life in a huge way.

Let it go and move it move it

Firstly, I'm starting to get into the yaoi fandom.... I did not expect that to happen.

I obsess over the series and my life now somehow revolves around it. Especially since I've joined CR. It's not a bad thing though, as it's been so much fun.

I learnt new words, such as shipping and canon...

It got me interested in law, but not so much that I would pursue it as a career.
Within Temptation

Ace Sidekick!

Yeah...I think PW made me a yaoi fan as well. =^^;=

Ace Attorney has had a huge impact on my life.

First off, this was probably one of the first games that I'd ever played that was almost completely story-based. It taught me that video games could tell in-depth and entertaining stories that were on par with film and novels. It also helped me when it came to storytelling techniques such as suspense and characterization. Now I think that my writing has improved substantially because of it.

I now also want to study law because of this series. I know that it isn't an accurate depiction by any means, but I view it a political parody satirizing the flaws of the Japanese legal system. Believe it or not, Japanese courts are not unlike those featured in Ace Attorney, though it's obviously less exaggerated.
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/article ... -Objection

Most importantly for me, I met the most important person in my life here on Court Records. I consider her to be the equivalent of my significant other, and we both care for each other deeply. The only unfortunate side is that she lives thousands of miles away from where I live in a different country. I hope to one day meet her.

I cannot thank Shu Takumi enough for creating this series. It has taught me so many things and given so much to me. It's a damn shame how Capcom is currently treating the franchise, but I hope that the localized release of AA5 will finally change things.

For me too, Ace Attorney had and keep having a big impact in my life.
Of course, I can't stay one day without earing one of AA's song like The Fragrance of Dark Coffee etc... BTW i'm listening Announce the truth 2004 right now haha. I also improved very big and specials feelings for all the characters. Some of them like Godot and Phoenix really affected my way of see the world...

God, T&T gave me such shivers... I will never be enough thankful for the PW trilogy...
Furthermore, it's thanks to AA that I improved a lot my weak level in english ! But AA game me also much confidence in videos games because I was given up progressively.

I began to drink coffee without sugar.
I'm up tu make reasoning much more relevant than at the past.
AA gave me back motivation to do what I hope to achieve.
I'm going to begin study the body language and the poker thanks to Apollo, but hoping to no give up quickly.

I know we're talking about pixels, maybe I'm just a fool who think foolishly and make foolish statements full of foolishness, but I'm okay with that.

TopHatProfessor1014 wrote:
Ace Attorney has had a huge impact on my life.

First off, this was probably one of the first games that I'd ever played that was almost completely story-based. It taught me that video games could tell in-depth and entertaining stories that were on par with film and novels. It also helped me when it came to storytelling techniques such as suspense and characterization. Now I think that my writing has improved substantially because of it.

I now also want to study law because of this series. I know that it isn't an accurate depiction by any means, but I view it a political parody satirizing the flaws of the Japanese legal system. Believe it or not, Japanese courts are not unlike those featured in Ace Attorney, though it's obviously less exaggerated.
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/article ... -Objection

Most importantly for me, I met the most important person in my life here on Court Records. I consider her to be the equivalent of my significant other, and we both care for each other deeply. The only unfortunate side is that she lives thousands of miles away from where I live in a different country. I hope to one day meet her.

I cannot thank Shu Takumi enough for creating this series. It has taught me so many things and given so much to me. It's a damn shame how Capcom is currently treating the franchise, but I hope that the localized release of AA5 will finally change things.

PW eaven allow to encounter one's lover... gorgeous.

Foolish foolhardy fools...

Well...

. It's improved my vocabulary. I know everyone says this, but it's true; I now use words like 'ergo' and 'asinine' in essays and stuff. :edgy:
. Even though Phoenix Wright doesn't mirror the exact proceedings of a courtroom in today's world (sadly), it has helped me to understand more about law.
.It's given me a series to admire for the rest of my life. :phoenix:
.It's given me ideas for when I'm bored. Go on Court Records, play the games, admire the games, live the games, listen to PWMP songs.....
. It's given my future child/children (if I will have any in the future) a chance to play this amazing game.
. It's improved my ability to find answers to puzzles/riddles/logical stuff. :gregory:
. I do sometimes say 'Objection!' in arguments sometimes.
I'm not too sure what others think when that happens....... :yuusaku:

That's about all! :maya: :pearl: :maya:
Please don't hate meeeeeeeeeeeeee!

The video game boy; the one who wins

gone, gone with the wind
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)

Last edited by Going for Miles on Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Whip the cream!]

The most obvious thing: Ace Attorney made me realize that there actually are games that I thoroughly enjoy! :edgey:
Gimme a "P"! Gimme an "I"! Give me a "P" and an "E"! What's that spell?! Pipe!

Ace Attorney began showing me the whole new world of Visual Novels which in the beginning I found the whole Visual Novel thing stupid since it was mostly storying telling. Now after playing Ace Attorney a couple of years ago I began to enjoy Visual Novels a lot more and started to get into more Visual Novel games like Danganronpa, Persona 4 Golden, and Corpse Party.

Gardevoir lover

It taught me the fun of visual novel games.

My DA account can be found here: http://klonoahedgehog.deviantart.com/

OBJECTION.I object that is objectionable

For me it has me enjoying music more since the OST of the games are soo good

I try to be observant with things and think things through better

Realized playing these games are on par with reading a really good crime novel but being intereactive
When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth- Sherlock Holmes

Can I hear an "Objection!"?

davech1987 wrote:
For me it has me enjoying music more since the OST of the games are soo good

I try to be observant with things and think things through better

Realized playing these games are on par with reading a really good crime novel but being intereactive

I never really thought about it before, but now that I think about it, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney was the first game where I wanted to get the soundtrack (dat Pursuit), and now I listen to music from all the games as well as rarely pass up a good visual novel/anime/video game without trying to find at least one song from the soundtrack.

Oh, and as for vocabulary? I do use 'ergo' from time to time but actually think Redd White has degraded my vocabulary. I am convinced 'perusify' is an actual word. :redd:
Mr. Edgeworth, do you realize if we played by the rules, we'd be in court right now?

(My father spent three years restoring this car...)

Quote:
I am convinced 'perusify' is an actual word. :redd:

Well if Redd White says so, it abso-posi-lutely is!

Ah, this series affected me in so many ways. I started learning Japanese for a start. Which in turn got me into anime and manga. Which led to the inspiration for a book I'm writing. Which made me want to take up drawing. Essentially, I owe a lot to Ace Attorney. :acro:

Ummm...lemme think...

Well,for one,it helped me improve my english (I know a lot of people have said this,but it's true)
It also got me into visual novels,and made me realize that videogames can tell good and complicated stories.
GK2 and PLvsAA made me want to learn japanese at any cost,but I have yet to get around to it.
This is also probably the fandom I am most interested in.
Also...it introduced me to Tv tropes.Long story.I am not really sure if that's a good thing.
Anyway,Ace attorney is probably one of my favorite videogame series,and the first game were I truly felt attached to some of the characters.

it also made me kinda interested in hentai...
Signature loading, please wait...

Oh, Tv tropes. I don't know how many times I've been trying to milk out the AA pages of things I haven't seen already even though I know I have looked through all of it. (And also, whenever I find a new trope that seems interesting I check if there are any examples of it in AA)

GoingforMiles wrote:
Oh, Tv tropes. I don't know how many times I've been trying to milk out the AA pages of things I haven't seen already even though I know I have looked through all of it. (And also, whenever I find a new trope that seems interesting I check if there are any examples of it in AA)

Yeah...lately I have been editing some of the AAI2 entries with the english names,and even added a new entry on AAI page.But I guess that is a little bit off-topic,isn't it?

Hunter wrote:
PW even allow to encounter one's lover... gorgeous.

Another example of just how awesome this games are.

A little. Yay for activity though. Both here and on tv tropes.

Quote:
PW even allow to enter one's lover... gorgeous.

... was what I read. I was creeped out for half a minute.

Speaking of coffee, I can't guarantee Godot didn't have anything to do with my love of/interest for coffee. At the very least I'm sure he was somewhat involved.

Now that it’s been pretty much excactly two years since I started playing Ace Attorney, I feel like it’s time to re-evaluate this. Appearently I set out to write a whole fucking storybook... once again. If anyone has the patience to actually read this, I applaud thee.

Well, the major thing, I guess, is that I’m still geeking out about it. I tend to get all worked up and nerdy over stuff once in a while, but only for shorter or longer periods of time, while this has been consistent ever since. Which shows in that I think a lot about it, I discuss it, make jokes and theories, dream, draw fanart, hang around here, make references to amuse myself, listen to the music, etc. etc.

It’s also pretty much in the back of my head a lot of the time. And it’s like this frame of reference and the likes, such as smirking when seeing a stepladder, moodily thinking ”the miracle never happen”, picking up and using random phrases and expressions people’ve used in the games, hearing the ”thought route” music when trying to figure things out, etc.

Reading all that dialogue has also taught me new words and terms, and writing so much in here has made me express myself more naturally in english.

Ace Attorney was the first storycentered game I played, so I was afraid it was gonna be boring, but when I liked it that much, it gave me the confidence to try out other ones, like Hotel Dusk. And without playing Ace Attorney I’d never get to hear about Ghost trick, which is also one of my favourite games ever.

It has showed me that I can be moved by and emotionally invested in media. It has made me genuinely happy, angry, sick to my stomach, heck, it has even made me teary-eyed on more than one occasion. Or, to put it like Edgeworth, the games have saddled me with unnecessary… feelings.

It has made me more interested in character design and how dialogues and such are written in games. I’m not specifically planning to try that out as a career, but you can never say never.

Also, I’ve become more interested in narratives; both when writing myself and analyzing. For example, when applying for courses to take this autumn, there was one called ”Narratives across media” which I applied to (still don’t know whether or not I will take that one though), and while I probably would have been interested in it anyway, I think the fact that when reading its title I randomly got a mental image of Apollo in my head, made me even more eager to see what it was about.

Speaking of education: both my mum and my dad wants me to study law for some reason. Not something I plan to do, yet I’m not completely opposed to the thought and I think that is t because now I feel a slight connection to it after playing Ace Attorney. Not like I know that much about it, but it’s not something totally foreign and distant to me anymore.

The games have given me a thing for prosecutors…

I like writing, and I’ve been looking at and taking mental notes on how the games structure their stories; the stories-in-stories and how they are revealed and stuff like that.

The characters have given me more of an understanding of people’s motivations; what makes different people do different things. It may be useful both when writing and in real life.

I have been surprised by the amount of sympathy I have for really shitty people as long as I either see at least something good and/or human in them, or – case in point 2-4 – feeling bad for bad people when the bad things they do go back to themselves. Hard to explain but yeah.

Godot’s coffee philosophy has become my own.

Getting a little more personal: Edgeworth. One of the best things about him, in my opinion, is that even when all is resolved, and his character develops and he becomes more of a protagonist and less of an antagonist, his stiff awkwardness and coldness and distance is still very much present, and they let him be that way. I’m a bit like that myself and when first experiencing Ace Attorney it really resonated with me, the fact that it was just the way he was and it’s okay and he gets on just fine. It made me realize two things: 1) That I too will probably keep being that way; I’ll always be a bit distant and not showing much emotion, and even if/when I feel more comfortable being around people I’ll probably always be a bit awkward, never a social butterfly, and 2) It’s okay, and people will still get you. You don’t have to be a bubbly ray of sunshine for people to like you. That way, getting to ”meet”, and eventually play as, Edgeworth gave me some insight and also made me feel better about myself.

And last but not least: I’ve discovered the true faith and the cult of our lawd, Gregory Edgeworth ;)

[Whip the cream!]

I'm waiting for your applause, Miles. I don't have the energy to write a storybook, so I'll quote you a little and add some statements of my own, because I've had a quite similar experience.

Going for Miles wrote:
Well, the major thing, I guess, is that I’m still geeking out about it. I tend to get all worked up and nerdy over stuff once in a while, but only for shorter or longer periods of time, while this has been consistent ever since. Which shows in that I think a lot about it, I discuss it, make jokes and theories, dream, draw fanart, hang around here, make references to amuse myself, listen to the music, etc. etc.

It’s also pretty much in the back of my head a lot of the time. And it’s like this frame of reference and the likes, such as smirking when seeing a stepladder, moodily thinking ”the miracle never happen”, picking up and using random phrases and expressions people’ve used in the games [...]

The games have given me a thing for prosecutors…

I like writing, and I’ve been looking at and taking mental notes on how the games structure their stories; the stories-in-stories and how they are revealed and stuff like that.

The characters have given me more of an understanding of people’s motivations; what makes different people do different things. It may be useful both when writing and in real life.

I have been surprised by the amount of sympathy I have for really shitty people as long as I either see at least something good and/or human in them, or – case in point 2-4 – feeling bad for bad people when the bad things they do go back to themselves. Hard to explain but yeah.

And last but not least: I’ve discovered the true faith and the cult of our lawd, Gregory Edgeworth ;)

These are the statements where I feel the same! (Oh, prosecutors... Haha!) There's also this thing you wrote: "It has showed me that I can be moved by and emotionally invested in media. It has made me genuinely happy, angry, sick to my stomach, heck, it has even made me teary-eyed on more than one occasion."
I've become more emotionally invested when it comes to different things these last few years. But I never thought I would feel that way when it comes to a game, and I've had the same reactions as you (and: well, these damn games has affected me so much emotionally, more than a lot of other stuff...) Well, games, emotions about games... which brings me to the next point.

I never thought games (apart from Super Mario-nostalgia and such) was my thing. Not at all, I've never been interested. But now... I realize that I do enjoy these graphical novels... I love Ghost Trick as well as Hotel Dusk, for example.

It has brought out creativity in me at times when I otherwise have; 1.) Writer's block: I've written poems about it. And 2.) I don't draw a lot (too impatient), but I've actually drawn some pictures!

And it's a really good topic to discuss! :godot:

Image There ya go.

[Whip the cream!]

Thank you, Shigaraki.

It has inspired me to at least try to write better stories and mysteries,and actually try to think things through about the characters and logic.

The Enigma

It gave me an edge in scientific investigating. I took a forensics class in high school and when we got to crime scene investigations, I was so far ahead from the other students with the techniques, that my teacher even asked me if I was studying ahead. I told her, nope, I was actually playing video games XD

Also, I've been starting to make real world connections. I have one friend whose middle name is Phoenix, and now I've taken a liking to calling him Nick and he doesn't know why. Plus, my older sister is *exactly* like Lana Skye, so I think that's pretty cool :)

Courtroom drama is now my favorite genre of books and my dad thinks that I could easily become a prosecutor with the way I plan out my arguments. Too bad I'm in the pre-med field :P
I've heard rumors… Bramimond, one of the eight legends, devoted himself entirely to the dark. All emotion, all memory… dissolved in a river of dark. That is how he received the power to best dragons
Page 4 of 4 [ 146 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby