Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby

Page 3 of 12[ 446 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12  Next

Re: The PW Sexuality ThreadTopic%20Title

This is Manfred:

:karma: *Points to you* You there, take off your pants and assume the position *snaps fingers* NOW!

And you'd do it too, without question. Even if you don't think you would do it, you would. And for everyone else, the taser is a frequent visitor.
I yell "OBJECTION!" in the court sometimes!

<3

CantFaketheFunk wrote:
I could have -sworn- that there was a general sexuality thread a while back, but I just looked back to page 20 and couldn't find it.

anyway, I can't see Edgeworth or Adrian as straight; the most you'll get is asexual. Edgey notably shows no attraction to girls. Phoenix, the Bellboy, the Judge are all drooling over April, he doesn't. But more notably is in PW3 with Dahlia and Iris. Every single male in the game who meets them is absolutely smitten and head-over-heels. Except Edgeworth.

Even when we're in his HEAD, we never see any attraction. When faced with girls, he just doesn't understand. It's not "oh, how crude, I don't have time for this."

It's "...huh?"

So yeah. Whatever he is, he isn't attracted to women. This either leaves him asexual or gay. Likely the former.

Thats only because he is not a very emotional person, he is mostly straight-forward and collected. He probably takes a lot of pride in his job and wants to remain a unbiased party, except for wanting a guilty verdict, but in many cases helped Phoenix uncover the truth, so we can safely say he's a unbiased party.
Why everyone swoons for Dahlia and Iris and also April? Because:
Pheonix: Can easily be influenced, at the time of T&T case 1, he was dating Dahlia, and possibly Iris reminded him of Dahlia (Without the Hood) and I don't remember Him being Swooned By April.
Judge: He is SO EASILY INFLUENCED! Just by a simple scentence he allowed Godot to have coffie, and he can only see the outside and probably has a thing for young girls.
Bellboy: He's desprate. He is also a most likely skirt chaser, but we have yet to find out more details.
Payne: He's just a nutcase that likes cute, young girls, despite his marital status.

But, Edgeworth is the type to just stay focused on the Trial at hand and not really easily fazed by girls. It actually is an admirable trait to have, to be able to avoid charms of cute girls, and he only says ''...huh?'' because since he's so focused on his job, he has yet to develop social skills, proof is that he has a hard time thanking someone or apologizing.

so there you have it. Edgey SO does not seem gay. Who knows? He may be bi, but all I was doing here was making a point that those traits alone could not be conclusive proof. (... This alone is proof that I play wayyy too much PW... BUT U CAN NEVER HAVE TOO MUCH!!!)

Banner by me, avvi by Vickinator!

Click my signature to read my fanfic!

Last edited by Minuki Wright on Thu Dec 13, 2007 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

見たのか・・・!

Swimmerkaylee wrote:
Payne: He's just a nutcase that is probably still single and very desprate and likes cute, young girls.

You haven't played T&T, have you?

<3

xylophone220 wrote:
Swimmerkaylee wrote:
Payne: He's just a nutcase that is probably still single and very desprate and likes cute, young girls.

You haven't played T&T, have you?

I am currently in case 2... But I forgot at the time he was married... probably divorced though...

見たのか・・・!

Then wouldn't they have been talking about his "ex-wife" rather than his "wife"?

<3

Heres My Opinions ^_^

:phoenix: Straight
:edgeworth: Straight!!!
:udgy: Straight, likes young girls
:maya: Straight
:pearl: SHE'S 9!!! But, Probably Straight
:karma: Straight.. but may fool around.
:franny: Kinda hard to tell... I kinda see her as straight... but may swing the other way...
:godot: Straight, but would turn gay for coffie ^_^
:damon: Probably Straight... But I'm gonna say bi.
:sawit: WHO CARES?!?! (Probably Bi)
:redd: I see him as a person who would marry himself. Or his bling.
:yogi: Straight.. but may swing the other way..
:lana: Straight... But there is a small room for possibility.
:jake: Straight.
:grey: Can't tell. Killed before we could find more about him except he's a freak.
:hotti: ......
:adrian: Maybe bi.. but probably straight.
:acro: I don't know why people say he's bi.. he's straight. Most likely.
:shoe: Umm... He's a cat...
:chinami: Depends on who she wants to manipulate at the time.]
:igarashi: No clue.
:bellboy: Straight..
:payne: Meh,, Ill give him credit that he's married... So straight.
:larry: STRAIGHT!
:grossburg: Umm... Straight-ish.
:gregory: STRAIGHT! (How else could he have Edgey!?!?)
:meekins: Umm... the only one i fully say is bi.
:wellington: Can't tell... probably straight.
:yuusaku: STRAIGHT! (He's Married!)
:maggy: Straight.
:eh?: Gummy ish Straight
:will: To nice to be gay... So straight.
:keiko: Can robots even have sexual feelings?!?
:sal: ...
:youngmia: Straight.
:raygun: Straight...
:goodman: Too Dead to tell.
:ditz: ... Dunno
:notes: STRAIGHT
:starr: Straight
:morgan: MARRIED TWICE!!
:matt: Can't tell
:aiga: ...
:april: Straight
:chef: GAY
:lotta: Probably Straight
:badger: .....
:regina: Straight
:moe: married
:mareka: MARRIED
:ayame: STRAIGHT
:cody: Too young to tell.
:pshhh: Straight
:pencileraser: GAYYYY

Last edited by Minuki Wright on Thu Dec 13, 2007 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

<3

xylophone220 wrote:
Then wouldn't they have been talking about his "ex-wife" rather than his "wife"?

Oh. OK. Ill change it.

Kisaki-in-training <3

:keiko: OBVIOUSLY would prefer to have her brainwaves connect to another motherboard. [Or something like that.]
:udgy: Would probably be persuaded into ANYTHING (oh god, here I go giving Gant ideas, since we know how he is. >.>; )
:will: He's shy, what more can I say? It's hard to pin him as either, personally, but I suppose if he was messed with enough...
:edgy: I dunno, being the FeenieEdgey fan that I am, I find it hard to pin him as STRAIGHT. But using the game as evidence, I find it hard to pin him as GAY, either... probably either way. (Him and Franziska would make pretty babies.)
:phoenix: GAAAYYYYY. (Pfff, the evidence is there: Maya's too weird and young, Ema's the same as Maya, Iris and him are probably over, Franny'd be too controlling and probably doesn't like him ANYWAY, Viola is just too... Viola-ish, Lisa is an android... enough said. So who does this leave? EDGEEEYYY. Well, maybe Maya. But other than Iris, Edgey, or Maya, I don't think Feens would go out with ANYONE else. ._.; )

Swimmerkaylee:
HOW COULD YOU LEAVE OUT :shoe:? HE'S OBVIOUSLY THE MOST IMPORTANT AND AWESOME CHARACTER EVER. (Shoe could be sophisticated enough to be bi! D: But, Shoe deserves a Heel--*slapped*--So, he's probably straight. xP)

:chinami: If she wants something from them, then she'll be either, most likely. But other than that, I don't think she'll ever love anything else besides... her.

:gant: IMMA RAEP U NAO K? (Probably either. I mean, COME ON--It's GANT.)
:kyouya: He's after Ema, from what I know. Enough said.
:jake: GHEY. (I dunno, I like him and Lana together, but I couldn't think of an actual reason for him to be bi... unless Gant... o.o *shudders* )
:odoroki: STRAIIIIIIIIIIIGHT. Unless someone better comes along... who actually likes his scary antennae (I know I don't.), or something.
:eh?: Straight. (GummixMaggy all the way. x3)
:bellboy: Straight. (GHEY WIFF GANTZ WHUT AM I SAYINN???111oneone)
:uramidn: Straight, because she wanted to like Furio. (... Right?)
:meekins: LONELYANDWILLNEVERFINDLOVEHEJUSTHASHISMEGAPHONE.
:wellington: GHEYZ.
:yuusaku: Straaaaaaight. <3 (Surprisingly. RonniexDessie FOREVER.)
:payne: Married.
:javado: Mia... Duh.
:godot: ^ Above.
:sawit: ... I don't want to know.
:maya: Straight.
:karma: PROBABLEH WIFF GANTZ (Ehh... strikes me as straight.)
:hotti: Straight... he's a... yeah.
:garyuu: Either, depending on person.
:maggy: STRAIIIGHT. See Gummibearz. <3
:yogi: YANNIXPOLLY O T P! (Straight. He had a fiancee at one point, remember? xP)
:adrian: GHEY. (Sorry, guys. She strikes me as gay, too...)
:lana: Straight.
:larry: Running out of women... he may turn to Feens one day. (Kidding, just kidding. Straighttttt.)
:gregory: He was a father. (But there's always a possibility... >.>)
:minuki: Straight~
:acro: I don't really think he's gay... same with Bat.
:redd: Well, he was with April, but I dunno.
:ditz: ... No idea.
:matt: Straight, since he was with Celeste, even though he was bad to her. (But I'd like to IMAGINE he's gay. Doesn't change the sexiness factor any. xD)
:steel: OBVIOUSLY WITH PINK PRINCESS OTP MANZ. (Will on Will. o.o)
:pshhh: Straight, even if his character tries to imply otherwise.
:polly: STRAIGHT... ON YANNI MAN. (XDD)

And since when was Moe married? o.o I don't remember him saying as such....
Angel and devil, baby. ♥

LegendKitsune: And, actually, I never physically did anything to him. It was only verbal rape.

見たのか・・・!

Lhuna wrote:
:odoroki: STRAIIIIIIIIIIIGHT. Unless someone better comes along... who actually likes his scary antennae (I know I don't.), or something.

KIRIHITO KIRIHITO KIRIHITO KIRIHITO KIRIHITO KI-
EDIT: Also,
Quote:
He talks about his daughter living with her mom at some point in the case, so, yeah...

<3

xylophone220 wrote:
Lhuna wrote:
EDIT: Also,
Quote:
He talks about his daughter living with her mom at some point in the case, so, yeah...

Uhh.. I think thats right.. Not sure though.. I'm just sure somewhere in JFA he said something about a family.

:will: :will: (Though Me a Edgey fan.. Will needs sum luff too!!) :will: :will:

見たのか・・・!

He does. I couldn't possibly forget anything from that case. And not just because I played it last week.
MENTAL SCARS MENTAL SCARS MENTAL SCARS D:

So moe for Makoto it's funny.

"too nice to be gay?" the hell does that mean? >_>

And swimmerkaylee, I'll cut you some slack seeing as how you haven't played 3-4 / 3-5, but in those cases we really see that Edgeworth is not ATTRACTED to girls at all. Like, even in his head, it's not him trying to ignore it, it's him completely not understanding attraction to women at all XD;

He's anything but straight. All we know is he doesn't like women. He's likely asexual.
Image (Awesome sig art by Axl99!)

俺の黄金の魔女

Quote:
He's anything but straight. All we know is he doesn't like women. He's likely asexual.

Sorry, I still find this idea kind of ridiculous, no offense to you, dear.

Maggey does not come out and say she finds Gumshoe attractive! Clearly she is asexual.
Iris has no romantic interest in anyone but Phoenix! Obviously asexual.

If you honestly believe Edgeworth is carrying a torch for Phoenix, then it makes no sense to label him "asexual". He could be "asexual" and have strong platonic feelings for Phoenix, but the way he reacts to Iris doesn't bear this out. Other characters with a single popular pairing aren't dubbed "asexual" in this thread. It's like saying Adrian is straight because she never actually evidences sexual attraction to a woman--or "asexual but in love with Fran" because she doesn't have the hots for Maya. The only man Edgeworth has regular interaction with are Phoenix, Larry, and Gumshoe. That's not exactly a wide selection to see how he interacts with them in general.

So moe for Makoto it's funny.

Well, we know for a fact that he's not straight.

I dunno. I just don't see him as really being attracted to people who aren't Phoenix Wright. He's Phoenixsexual as Franziska is Adriansexual.
Image (Awesome sig art by Axl99!)

nuuuuu, stoooooop

CantFaketheFunk wrote:

I don't really see it as a "fact" that Edgeworth isn't straight, either.

So, he doesn't react to April: she's a witness in his case, and by the time she appears in court he's already prepped her, so he's already been around her for a while. Just because he's too professional to oogle over her boobs hours after their first meeting doesn't mean he can't be straight. Maybe he's just picky, and she's not his type.

Or maybe he's more subtle about his oogling than some. I know I for one don't waggle my tongue at every hot guy that passes. :grossburg:

And by the time Edgeworth meets Iris, he already knows Phoenix feels something for her--crushing on your best friend's girl, even in your head, is totally not cool, man! Besides, having Edgeworth say anything about Iris' attractiveness doesn't help the story in any way, and would only take away from the fact that Edgeworth is helping her FOR Phoenix. The last thing 3-5 needed was even a hint of a triangle.

I also think the "frothing female masses" line has been read into maybe a little too much. I always took it as Edgeworth being surprised by the *number* of women Gumshoe says are interested in him, not the fact that anyone would be interested in him at all. I mean, Edgeworth already admits he's a grump and doesn't have many friends. "Lots of women are attracted to you" would be a surprising assumption to him no matter what his orientation.

I'm a lot more satisfied labeling Edgeworth as "picky" than giving him any determinate sexuality.
ImageImage

SMEWWOVISION WEPWACES TEWWOVISION?!

Spoiler:
Image / Image
You've seen it, you can't un-see it!

You can't stop the bacon. Nobody can stop the baaaaacooooooon!
Image Image Image Image Image

Croik wrote:
CantFaketheFunk wrote:

I don't really see it as a "fact" that Edgeworth isn't straight, either.

So, he doesn't react to April: she's a witness in his case, and by the time she appears in court he's already prepped her, so he's already been around her for a while. Just because he's too professional to oogle over her boobs hours after their first meeting doesn't mean he can't be straight. Maybe he's just picky, and she's not his type.

Or maybe he's more subtle about his oogling than some. I know I for one don't waggle my tongue at every hot guy that passes. :grossburg:

And by the time Edgeworth meets Iris, he already knows Phoenix feels something for her--crushing on your best friend's girl, even in your head, is totally not cool, man! Besides, having Edgeworth say anything about Iris' attractiveness doesn't help the story in any way, and would only take away from the fact that Edgeworth is helping her FOR Phoenix. The last thing 3-5 needed was even a hint of a triangle.

I also think the "frothing female masses" line has been read into maybe a little too much. I always took it as Edgeworth being surprised by the *number* of women Gumshoe says are interested in him, not the fact that anyone would be interested in him at all. I mean, Edgeworth already admits he's a grump and doesn't have many friends. "Lots of women are attracted to you" would be a surprising assumption to him no matter what his orientation.

I'm a lot more satisfied labeling Edgeworth as "picky" than giving him any determinate sexuality.

I agree with this. Also, when I replayed JFA, Edgeworth called Adrian at one point a "fragile beauty." This says to me, that he does admire certain qualities in women, but they're just not explicitly what a lot of guys would look for right off the bat. He could've used a lot of other words to describe her ('witness', 'woman', more objective terms), but he chose "beauty" instead. Guys swoon over Dahlia, April, etc. for obvious reasons, but Edgeworth seems like the kind of person who looks for deeper reasons to show appreciation toward the opposite sex. When you look at Adrian, you can kind of see why Edgeworth would go for that kind of woman more than the others. He knows about her secret, but she maintains this facade of independence, intellect, and collectiveness that he holds in high regard. Obviously it also helps that she's easy on the eyes, but most of the guys (save Larry in T&T) didn't even acknowledge that she was good-looking either (or maybe I just forgot :payne: .. but to my knowledge they weren't blushing and tripping all over their feet for her). Since, as already mentioned, Edgeworth is a professional in the courtroom, he wouldn't go much farther than that. I probably could've said this a lot better but yea.. in short, he's "picky." XD.. I guess if you were raised by Von Karma, you would be too.

The girl who's kicking the coke machine

Hmm, but finding someone beautiful =\= being sexually attracted to them. I agree that that's a hint towards something, but by no means solid proof. Still, I had forgotten that line and yeah, it does make you think... Hmm, I may have to agree with the idea that he's either a) capable of being discrete (I mean, I don't tell anyone if I find someone attractive, to b fair...) or b) picky/unusal tastes.

Yes, I realize saying something is beautiful =/= sexual attraction, but I was addressing the argument that people were using to support that Edgeworth is 100% gay because he doesn't react to any women in the game. This is probably the only glimpse we get in the game where he acknowledges something physical about a woman, just because of his personality and it's just not like him to make a big fuss about it. This is probably all we'll ever get out of him ^^;;..

俺の黄金の魔女

If I recall correctly--and I haven't played for a while, so perhaps I'm not--that's a situation in which Edgeworth is trying to present a certain facet of his witness to the court. He does it with Dahlia as well in 3-4, and, I believe with April as well. In other words, using their looks or demeanor to provoke a specific reaction in others, rather than himself. It's a subtle difference, but a fairly important one, I feel. The difference between saying "this chair is nice" and "I want this chair in my house".

Ohh, I just had a thought though- he doesn't react to any men, either. Well, you all knew that, but if hardly reacting to women makes him unattracted, then it goes the same way. So by that argument, sorry guys, almost certainly he isn't gay...

Oh, lets just say he's teasexual and be done with it! XD

Male that RPs as a Lesbian

Ayries Kukku wrote:
Ohh, I just had a thought though- he doesn't react to any men, either. Well, you all knew that, but if hardly reacting to women makes him unattracted, then it goes the same way. So by that argument, sorry guys, almost certainly he isn't gay...

Oh, lets just say he's teasexual and be done with it! XD

works for me.
ImageMy sig was made by the super Awesome Topaz Fey.

Thirded. xD

俺の黄金の魔女

Ayries Kukku wrote:

By that logic, Adrian is straighter than straight.

Edgeworth reacts emotionally to men (a man, if we want to get particular) in a way that he doesn't with others.
Spoiler: GS3
Getting pissy when Phoenix seems to evidence attraction to Iris. Paralleling Iris's secret to his own. Getting upset when he thinks Phoenix specifically is there to mock him.

If Edgeworth did those things with a woman that wasn't his sister, then I would have to reevaluate my personal position on his sexuality. He doesn't.

On the other hand, one person? One isn't a pattern, and on top of that, I think people read too much into that thing with Iris. I mean, if the same situation happened to a friend of mine, I would react like that. And I think Edgeworth, with the few friends he really has, would react like that for a friend as well. He's possibly angry at Iris for causing Nick pain, and at Nick for still wanting to pursue it.

On top of that, we don't see enough of Adrian, or get into her head, to really make that decision. Also, she seems to react much more to women- Celeste, anyone?

Edit: Also, Edgey/Earl Grey OTP, Y/Y?

Hey, pal!

musouka wrote:
Quote:

Maggey does not come out and say she finds Gumshoe attractive! Clearly she is asexual.

Dustin Prince.

owned. >_>;; *cough*
Siggy by Vickinator. Who is amazing

俺の黄金の魔女

Maggey, more than once, says she and Dustin were not an item.

Ayries Kukku wrote:
On the other hand, one person? One isn't a pattern,

Iris--shows romantic interest in one person, is considered straight by everyone. Maggey--shows romantic interest in one person, is considered straight by everyone. Gant--shows romantic interest in no one, is considered an oversexed rape machine.

Since when have "patterns" had anything to do with it? Every character must show interest in a certain amount of people before we can label them as anything? Well, that shoots down almost every label in this thread...

Ayries Kukku wrote:
and on top of that, I think people read too much into that thing with Iris. I mean, if the same situation happened to a friend of mine, I would react like that. And I think Edgeworth, with the few friends he really has, would react like that for a friend as well. He's possibly angry at Iris for causing Nick pain, and at Nick for still wanting to pursue it.

I can't see Edgeworth getting so personally involved in a friend's business unless he has a personal stake in it. He knows Phoenix is being secretive about the whole mess, but still goes around his back to set up Iris's confession and pokes and prods at what's really between them. Plus, at no point do I ever get the feeling his dissapproves of Iris as a potential romantic partner for Phoenix--he's rather protective of her himself--only that Phoenix's feelings at certain points of the game eat away at him. If would be one thing if he showed negative feelings towards Iris, but instead they're all directed at Phoenix for showing attraction to Iris.

Quote:
On top of that, we don't see enough of Adrian, or get into her head, to really make that decision. Also, she seems to react much more to women- Celeste, anyone?

But that's exactly what I'm talking about. Adrian has a very strong emotional reaction to a woman--no matter how close she is to Fran, her reaction to Fran is not on the same level--so she's automatically a lesbian. Everyone accepts this.

cyanide-filled prosecution groupie

Ayries Kukku wrote:
Edit: Also, Edgey/Earl Grey OTP, Y/Y?

I have more than a few doodles laying around of Edgeworth whispering sweet nothings to a box of Lipton or a fresh, hot cup of tea. I'm with you on that one.

見たのか・・・!

O.o
It actually sounds right, too >.>

俺の黄金の魔女

Bah, Edgeworth/Tea is simply ridiculous! If we all want to know how a true beveragesexual acts, we only have to look to Godot.

My money is on Edgeworth/Law OTP. He's loved it since he was a kid!

musouka wrote:
Ayries Kukku wrote:

By that logic, Adrian is straighter than straight.

Edgeworth reacts emotionally to men (a man, if we want to get particular) in a way that he doesn't with others.
Spoiler: GS3
Getting pissy when Phoenix seems to evidence attraction to Iris. Paralleling Iris's secret to his own. Getting upset when he thinks Phoenix specifically is there to mock him.

If Edgeworth did those things with a woman that wasn't his sister, then I would have to reevaluate my personal position on his sexuality. He doesn't.

This is my take on those things:
Spoiler:
Getting pissy when Phoenix seems to evidence attraction to Iris: I can't remember any time during that case where he expressed this. If anything, he was trying them to make up with each other, even though he had no idea what was going on between them. At some point, he told Iris that she has a special place in his heart. If he was pissy about it, why would he tell her directly? Also, he agreed to defend Iris under the terms that she would tell Phoenix her secret. It seems to me he wanted them to be happy and free from secrets more than anything.. =\

Paralleling Iris' secret to his own: Iris just asked Edgeworth if he has a deep dark secret in his heart. It's never mentioned what kind of nature this secret was... and getting a glimpse of Edgeworth's past, there's probably a few. The only common ground their secrets shared was that it was a very well hidden secret, and that's it.. at least that's how I interpreted it. I figured Edgeworth's secret would have had to do something about his break between AA and JFA.

Getting upset when he thinks Phoenix is there to mock him: What incident were you referring to when you were talking about this?

Edgeworth reacting emotionally to women: I don't know if it's emotional but there has to be SOME involved.. whenever Maya was in danger, he took immediate action to rescue her, and after she's recovered, he always shows some form of relief, such as, "Maya.. I'm relieved to see that you're alright." Yes, it can be argued that he only cared about her wellbeing for Phoenix's sake, but we'll never know at this rate considering one side can always flip the argument around in their favor. :keiko:

cyanide-filled prosecution groupie

Okay, okay. What if we all compromise on Edgeworth/Tea/Law OT3 with Feenie sprinkles? I like that one best anyway. You can't really separate any of them from the other.

Well, I personally don't think that I have any idea what Maggey or Iris are. They could be bi, whatever. And yes, I do think a certain amount of evidence is needed to pass any kind of judgement on these things. I mean, you don't judge a person on one thing, and I think that goes for sexuality as well. I think it's harder for Edgeworth especially as I've always found his personality to swap around a little to suit the story's needs, though I might just be bad at following development, and on top of that we see less of Edgeworth out of court than some characters. I'm not saying we can't say 'Edgeworth could be this based on this or that based on that', and saying which is most likely, even, I'm just saying it couldn't be as definite as some people seem to think.

Hmm... I suppose that Edgeworth isn't *that* involved in his friends' business on the whole, yeah... though perhaps he feels he still owes Nick a debt? I mean, for 1-4 and all that. He might consider this to be his way of repaying him. As for the point as to him simply being annoyed at him showing attraction, I have no comeback. Touché.

Also, I think the sheer strength of her reaction to Celeste-
Spoiler: 2-4
I mean, attempted suicide and hero worship?

makes it an exception, not a rule. And also... I didn't think of this before, but their connections aren't just the the gender/s they like, are they? I mean, after the mess she was in... I know some people believe sexuality is pat nature and pat nurture as well, and it could be something that might contribute, especially to someone who feels off of others as much as Adrian. I dunno. Personally, I think people could even have over-read Adrian.

Me, I'll make my fic an AU to make it fit the pairing if I want to change the sexuality. I find it works well =D Also, just want to say I do like P/E, even if it's not my OMGOTP! XD And god knows I ship Pearl/Trucy and Ziska/Maya and Adrian/Ziska even with all of my above ramblings.

俺の黄金の魔女

Well, when it comes to definites, there are very few regarding sexuality in the series. My original issue isn't so much that people think Edgeworth is asexual--though I don't believe he is--but the double standard of labeling him as such when other characters who have shown just as little inclination as he has in canon are given clear labels in the thread. Trucy has only squealed over guys in canon--you can say that she hasn't met the right girl or whatever, or ship her and Pearl until the cows come home, but it still kinda makes me go "huh??" when people label her as bi without having even seen her in action yet...simply because they want her and Pearl to have a relationship.

Perhaps I'm not being entirely clear here. I think people should write whatever they want in fanfiction--if you want a Trucy/Pearl/Cody threesome, go for it--but it's hard to sometimes shake the feeling that people are labeling Edgeworth as asexual not because they think he really is, but because the most logical alternative in the game doesn't appeal to them.

musouka wrote:
Well, when it comes to definites, there are very few regarding sexuality in the series. My original issue isn't so much that people think Edgeworth is asexual--though I don't believe he is--but the double standard of labeling him as such when other characters who have shown just as little inclination as he has in canon are given clear labels in the thread. Trucy has only squealed over guys in canon--you can say that she hasn't met the right girl or whatever, or ship her and Pearl until the cows come home, but it still kinda makes me go "huh??" when people label her as bi without having even seen her in action yet...simply because they want her and Pearl to have a relationship.

Perhaps I'm not being entirely clear here. I think people should write whatever they want in fanfiction--if you want a Trucy/Pearl/Cody threesome, go for it--but it's hard to sometimes shake the feeling that people are labeling Edgeworth as asexual not because they think he really is, but because the most logical alternative in the game doesn't appeal to them.

Well then, on that matter, we are agreed. I don't really think Trucy is definitely bi or gay... hell, I would say it's more likely she's straight. I just like making her so~ And I think a lot of people do the same but try and pass it off as canon with the characters of their choice. I have to agree on this point, people seem to just not want him to be gay sometimes, as opposed to looking over and deciding properly.

俺の黄金の魔女

Well, and this is sort of a difficult subject, because I don't want to cross the line where it becomes "musouka thinks he's gay so you have to as well!", because that's really obnoxious--and in fact, I probably accidently tiptoed over it a couple of times without meaning to while explaining my opinion on the matter. It's just...if there is enough evidence in the game for you to label characters like Lana, then I think there's enough to label Edgeworth.

For a personal example. In GS4, I was sort of hoping for some UST between Klavier and Apollo. To my eyes, there wasn't any--Apollo pinged me as 100% straight. (Klavier as bi, but that's not the point) What I want doesn't have anything to do with it. Now, I can still write K/A fics if I really want to, but that's not the same as saying "Apollo is totally gay" because I want him to be attracted to Klavier.

I like to think I came to my conclusions about the GS1~3 cast similarly.

Ayries Kukku wrote:
musouka wrote:

Well then, on that matter, we are agreed. I don't really think Trucy is definitely bi or gay... hell, I would say it's more likely she's straight. I just like making her so~ And I think a lot of people do the same but try and pass it off as canon with the characters of their choice. I have to agree on this point, people seem to just not want him to be gay sometimes, as opposed to looking over and deciding properly.

I'm not saying it's canon (and if I am, I'm not meaning too) I'm doing it, because it's fun.

Doing things for the hell of it is the best reason to do things often =D

EDIT: Missed your reply, sorry ^^;

And yeah, that's exactly it- you can change one aspect of the character, or a few, to make them suit a couple, and write about that altered character, but it's not the same as saying 'this character is ACTUALLY gay/bi/straight/in love with so and so in the games'. (Also, is there no UST at ALL between K/A? I heard there was two or three lines at least. This makes me sad ;_; XD)

Last edited by Ayries Kukku on Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ayries Kukku wrote:
Doing things for the hell of it is the best reason to do things often =D

Yeah.

I propose the following: the character's sexuality is at the whim of the author. That way, we won't need to argue about "OH HE'S GAY!" "NO, HE'S STRAIGHT!" "NO, HE'S ATTRACTED TO HIS CAT!", people who think Larry and Edgeworth are gay and Adrian is straight can go their merry ways, and Pearl/Trucy will make that much more sense.

And yes, I like to practice random acts of shipping. Is there any problem in that?
I yell "OBJECTION!" in the court sometimes!
Page 3 of 12 [ 446 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby