Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby

Page 16 of 18[ 718 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Re: Parental Responses to PWTopic%20Title

[Whip the cream!]

GyakutenFanatic wrote:
My parents even took away my 3DS, because I played GS5 a lot. (I even went past my records for SF64 3D!) So the only way I got it back was to go full Simon Blackquill on them.

Haha, what did you do when you went full Simon Blackquill on them? :kristoph:
Gimme a "P"! Gimme an "I"! Give me a "P" and an "E"! What's that spell?! Pipe!

The video game boy; the one who wins

Attacked them with a bird and wielded a katana?
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)

[Whip the cream!]

GoingforMiles wrote:
Attacked them with a bird and wielded a katana?

What a way to treat the very human beings who gave you the gift of life!

OBJECTION.I object that is objectionable

[quote="Vauxdan"]Assuming you live with your parents. Roommates or friends count too.

(about Case 2-2)
Me: MOOOOM! The court won't acquit my client due to possession!
My mom: .... That's nice, Katie.

(regarding Edgeworth. This is coming from my dad the lawyer.)
Me: Should a man know this color exists?
My dad: No.
Me: And see? He wears an automatic choking device.
My dad: Either they wear that in fancy British court rooms... or this game is fucked in the head.

They don't wear cravats in british courts just long robes and a wig
When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth- Sherlock Holmes

A Seeker of Truth

AlonsoSwift wrote:
My parents are usually the 'Eh, whatever.' type.
Ace Attorney is no different.

Same :phoenix: They don't claim to understand it, they just tolerate my interest; that they said, they do like to tease me for it :godot:

My parents frequently bring up my liking for Ace Attorney in usually embarassing ways to my family and friends. It's cool though; they're only teasing in that fond, knowing way that parents usually do, not in a 'why-do-you-play-games-like-this-you-dork?' sort of way :edgey: They've never played it and have no desire to you see -nor the majority of anime/manga/video games that I watch/read/play- so they find me and my interests simply pleasantly odd, and like to poke fun at me for it :trucy:
"No one can change the past. The only thing we can do is strive to make up for our mistakes. Why must we make up for our mistakes, you ask? Because in so doing... we can find the way back to our path. And once we've found our path, we can move on from our past mistakes toward a brighter future."- Phoenix Wright

The law is full of contradictions.

I'm 24 and still trying to get my mother to play video games. Not working as of yet. But I think Phoenix Wright is the closest I have ever gotten to convincing her! :phoenix:
"Follow Your heart out of the darkness! Stand up and rise from the ashes! Back to the start, far from the madness. Come alive again! Break off the chains of hesitation! Your voice will be your salvation! Look to the light of liberation waiting at the end!"

Your Honor! There is a contradiction!

Ucha Nekome wrote:
I'm 24 and still trying to get my mother to play video games. Not working as of yet. But I think Phoenix Wright is the closest I have ever gotten to convincing her! :phoenix:

Just don't tell her it's a video game. :godot: Worked on my mom.

I still have trouble convincing my mom to like videogames but so far i've gotten her to watch and enjoy anime with me xD

Fool Bright wrote:
I still have trouble convincing my mom to like videogames but so far i've gotten her to watch and enjoy anime with me xD

Lucky! My mom hates anime. Especially Shonen and that's my favorite kind! I have, however, somehow gotten her to like Fullmetal Alchemist...I honestly don't know how that happened...
"Follow Your heart out of the darkness! Stand up and rise from the ashes! Back to the start, far from the madness. Come alive again! Break off the chains of hesitation! Your voice will be your salvation! Look to the light of liberation waiting at the end!"

Ucha Nekome wrote:
Fool Bright wrote:

Lucky! My mom hates anime. Especially Shonen and that's my favorite kind! I have, however, somehow gotten her to like Fullmetal Alchemist...I honestly don't know how that happened...

Well i made sure not to watch any Ecchi anime with my mom xD. I started her off with Danganronpa since she likes murder mysteries but since we both finished it I wanna start to get her into One Piece.

Fool Bright wrote:
Ucha Nekome wrote:
Fool Bright wrote:

Well i made sure not to watch any Ecchi anime with my mom xD. I started her off with Danganronpa since she likes murder mysteries but since we both finished it I wanna start to get her into One Piece.

I tried to get her to watch One Piece...she hates it... TT-TT

Ucha Nekome wrote:
Fool Bright wrote:

How could anyone hate one piece!? O_O

Fool Bright wrote:
Ucha Nekome wrote:
Fool Bright wrote:

I know right?!

Ucha Nekome wrote:
Fool Bright wrote:
Ucha Nekome wrote:

I know right?!

I call Blasphemy on that part >.>. I would understand if it was Fairy Tail :hotti:

You know, a Mario game!

Was it the 4kids version of One Piece that you showed her? If it was that, I could understand it.
My let's Play channel! Shameless plug!
Current Project: Sly Cooper & The Thievius Racoonus
My Twitter Account

dimentiorules wrote:
Was it the 4kids version of One Piece that you showed her? If it was that, I could understand it.

Hell no! Are you crazy? I wouldn't touch that bile if it was with a ten foot pole! I showed her Funimation's dub.

Ucha Nekome wrote:
dimentiorules wrote:

Hell no! Are you crazy? I wouldn't touch that bile if it was with a ten foot pole! I showed her Funimation's dub.

no no no don't do that either xD omg thats terrible xD. Show her the actual sub version.

Fool Bright wrote:
Ucha Nekome wrote:
dimentiorules wrote:

no no no don't do that either xD omg thats terrible xD. Show her the actual sub version.

But keep the 4kids rap in.

shippersdreamer wrote:
Fool Bright wrote:

That rap is used by cops to torture criminals xD

Fool Bright wrote:
shippersdreamer wrote:
Fool Bright wrote:

"Tell or else."
"Or else...what?"
YO! GAYO GAAAAYOOOO DREAMING! DON'T GIVE IT UP LUFFAY!
"OH GOD I'LL TALK!! JUST PLEASE DON"T PLAY IT AGAIN!!!"

shippersdreamer wrote:
Fool Bright wrote:

"Tell or else."
"Or else...what?"

Criminal's reaction after hearing the song xD

Fool Bright wrote:
shippersdreamer wrote:
Fool Bright wrote:

"Tell or else."
"Or else...what?"

Criminal's reaction after hearing the song xD

I like Funimation's dub thankyou very much!...And my mom's half blind and can't read subs...
Oh and LOL!

Ucha Nekome wrote:
I like Funimation's dub thankyou very much!...And my mom's half blind and can't read subs...
Oh and LOL!

Enjoy the horrible american voices xD. Well dub works for her then :P

A Seeker of Truth

Ishimaru Kiyotaka wrote:
Ucha Nekome wrote:
Oh and LOL!

Enjoy the horrible american voices xD. Well dub works for her then :P

I found the dub good myself :phoenix: That said, I usually end up watching dub even if it's bad, and that's for the same reason I'd imagine newcomers would pick dub over sub; it's a lot easier to watch an anime by simply listening to it instead of trying to pay attention to the action AND read the subtitles below at once. :yogi:

On a different note, I MAY someday -when I'm brave enough- attempt to get the parentals to TRY and give an anime a shot; what's a good one to start off people who are new to the scene with you think? Death Note maybe? :ron:
"No one can change the past. The only thing we can do is strive to make up for our mistakes. Why must we make up for our mistakes, you ask? Because in so doing... we can find the way back to our path. And once we've found our path, we can move on from our past mistakes toward a brighter future."- Phoenix Wright

Art Person

Oh god... showing my parents anime was a terrible idea. Now when they know I've watched it they make fun of it by trying to mock the sounds of the voices, and things like that, and say "What? Isn't what you're watching though?"

I tried showing them Ace Attorney, but much like Animal Crossing, Dad found it 'boring shitless' and mum watched for about a minute, and said 'I don't know what's happening' and walked away.

You know, a Mario game!

I've never actually shown my mother GS, though I have told her about it. I told her about the different characters and the puns of their names as well as the different prosecutor's. When I told her that there was a female prosecutor who uses a whip, she said "Typical that it's a woman that's using a whip". She also assumed that she wore revealing clothing just because she used a whip, and I told her that there aren't very many skimpily dressed women in the Ace Attorney series. When I told her that there was a bomb disposal expert named Ted Tonate, she didn't get the pun at first, until I explained it to her. All in all, she says that the series is interesting, though it she said that it should have been a TV show rather than a game, as she thinks that games shouldn't focus on story and rather on gameplay. She never got the point of games like Metal Gear Solid, where she said, "If they were going to make a game that's basically a movie, why not just make a movie?".
My let's Play channel! Shameless plug!
Current Project: Sly Cooper & The Thievius Racoonus
My Twitter Account

dimentiorules wrote:
I've never actually shown my mother GS, though I have told her about it.

Me too! My mom thought it sounded good because it involved brain power. But she's never seen it or played it.

Mostly people say it sounds fun when they ask about the games and I tell them what it's about. Also, I used to have a picture of me with my homemade Godot visor on and holding a coffee mug as my Facebook profile pic, and that's how a classmate of mine learned I was into the games and one day they randomly called my name and asked "You play Phoenix Wright?" Then some weeks later we had a drunken conversation about Dual destinies on a party (no, of course we were drunk at school).
And another classmate knew a little bit about Ace Attorney before, or at least that it exists, then after I'd held a presentation of my "Real law's impact on Ace Attorney and vice versa" project they said it made them want to play the games. And perhaps a week later they asked me if I knew somewhere to download it. Another one saved. :acro:

IT'S HAPPENING

My mom looked over while I was playing AAI in the airport and asked why Edgeworth wore "those funky clothes" (or something along those lines).

...That's about it. :ron:

[Whip the cream!]

Not parental, but since other people have written about the reactions of their other peers... A friend of mine simply refers to the game/s as "That game with the hot prosecutors?"...

I play it with my grandma and she loves it!

Friend: You play... those kind of... games... don't you... Or is it just one?
Me: Yeah.

I don't even know what I was answerring to but I damn well know what she meant.

[Whip the cream!]

GoingforMiles wrote:
Friend: You play... those kind of... games... don't you... Or is it just one?
Me: Yeah.

I don't even know what I was answerring to but I damn well know what she meant.

What did she mean?

Well, Ace Attorney and stuff like that. Otherwise I wouldn't have written it in a thread about Ace Attorney.

[Whip the cream!]

GoingforMiles wrote:
Well, Ace Attorney and stuff like that. Otherwise I wouldn't have written it in a thread about Ace Attorney.

I'm still lost. :larry: But I guess there's nothing to explain.

Not really.

At least I understood what I said so... part success.

My dad loves to watch the infamous "Boot to the Head" skit on Youtube from time to time.

Nick + Maya = win

When my mom and I play PW we give the characters voices based off of what we think they'll sound like. She really likes :godot: by the way.

The Thinker

-My dad thinks attorneys are cool so when I told him about the game he thought it was interesting
-My mom is an avid reader so when I told her it was a visual novel she thought it was cool

that's it

Hold on, let me ask my manager.

My mom has actually played 1-1+1-2 and she liked them. Since I had the ios port I skipped her to AJ to wait for the 3ds port.
Page 16 of 18 [ 718 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby