Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby

Page 148 of 158[ 6281 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151 ... 158  Next

Re: Phoenix and Maya Fan ClubTopic%20Title

Emiyo Gnobo Gavi wrote:
icer wrote:
Oh yes, I mean with scenes like this and everything...

we only had to wait 4 years...

Yeah!
Spoiler: AA5 Spoilers
Even though we don't get any real Maya magic in Dual Destinies apart from that letter she wrote to Nick, I'm glad to see her back and better than ever!

Now I wonder who will voice Maya in this game? It's probably already obvious that Sam Riegel will be voicing Nick since he's also voicing him in Dual Destinies.

Are...are part of her eyes ON her hair?

Lacks the brain for meaningful posts.

Thane wrote:

Yes... I noticed that too, it's a recurring thing troughout all the cutsenes so it is definitely intended.
It is, however, quite strange indeed. :udgy:

Emiko Nabile Gale wrote:
Emiyo, don't forget.

Spoiler: GS5
Maya also shows up in a flashback.

I don't call that 'showing up'. It's just showing a picture of her c. GS3 for people with bad memories, not a scene in the past.

Thane wrote:

It's a Spiritual Power.

If you look at some of the official art it's like that too. Maya's hair is long enough to cover her eyes, but they don't draw it actually overlaying her eyes. That would probably give the 'wrong effect' to her expressions (or make her sprites etc. harder to draw).

In many ways Maya's actual head design is like Mia, (particularly 'younger' GS3 Mia) but in ways that make her look 'younger' by adjusting things. I'm thinking this long hair near the eyes is one of them. This becomes more obvious when you look at the sketchier production art of her and Mia for GS1 and GS3 (the pencilish ones not the 'official coloured things') They reversed some of these partway for 'younger' GS3 Mia. Compare the official GS3 art of Maya with the younger Mia sprites and you might see what I mean.

I'm not a fan of Phoenix's UMvC voice, but I guess that's what we're getting from now on. As for Maya who knows.
LOL parody sig trend. Phoenix/Maya Day is Sept 5!
[ Read my fanfics! =) | Phoenix/Maya 'Evidence' List ]

The "eyes over hair" thing is just a common anime style to keep the expression of the eyes visible. A lot of anime characters have their eyebrows visible through their hair too. I can't say I particularly like it, but I'll give Maya a pass on it since she's awesome.

I'm so stoked for PL vs. AA. Even moreso than DD, I think, since this is Takumi's work. Eshiro has a bad habit of writing the characters as if he's basing them on descriptions of themselves rather than like real people who evolved over a series. He just doesn't give thought to why the characters act the way they do and the biggest example of this is AAI's case 4. Edgeworth is already seeking the truth at age 20 instead of being "The Demon Prosecutor" and going directly for guilt. If he's already after the truth, what as Phoenix saving him from then? That completely undermines the entire basis of the first game. Then when asked about Maya, Eshiro just goes, "She's training or something, I guess." No, she's not training. She's Master of Kurain by now. Did you even play the third game, dude? Give a little thought to the natural progression of their lives, man. 30 seconds is all I ask.

I'm sure DD will be fun and all, just like AAI, but I don't want to see a series I love so much lose touch with itself. Takumi needs his baby back.

Quote:
From now until August 12th we’re inviting you to submit your Ace Attorney questions to Motohide Eshiro, Producer of Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies!

Hey there, Ace Attorney fans! So… got a question you’d like to ask Motohide Eshiro, the man at the helm of Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney – Dual Destinies? Well, here’s your opportunity! We want you guys to ask Eshiro-san your burning questions about the upcoming game. We’ll collect the top 10, pass ‘em along, and post his responses right here in the not too distant future.

All you gotta do: SUBMIT THREE QUESTIONS TO ME (That's Chris on Capcom-Unity.com!) VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE.

NOTE: We know you have a lot of questions that aren’t specific to the game content such as a release date, a physical release for Dual Destinies, pricing, etc., all of which are perfectly valid. Just keep in mind that this is a rare opportunity to ask the guy with arguably the most inside Dual Destinies knowledge of the Ace Attorney series anything you’d like about the upcoming game. Try and use them wisely on things we haven’t answered before or will probably answer soon, ya know? You’ve got until AUGUST 12th to submit your questions to me via PM. We’ll make up a post here on Unity shortly after that.

AT:

http://www.capcom-unity.com/xantista/bl ... -questions

Submit them by PM @ capcom-unity to that person. to PM the person on that site capcom-unity go to their profile http://www.capcom-unity.com/xantista/
and click the envelope type button.

ASK ABOUT MAYA!

Give this individual the idea we give a damn about her, he's going to be writing more games/DLC I expect.
Spoiler:
And that we want to SEE Her in the present and Phoenix to see her? Is it that hard?

(Oh and don't ask about 'the Feys' everyone knows Pearl cameos in the game. Use the M-Word :edgy: )

icer wrote:
Quote:
From now until August 12th we’re inviting you to submit your Ace Attorney questions to Motohide Eshiro, Producer of Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies!

Hey there, Ace Attorney fans! So… got a question you’d like to ask Motohide Eshiro, the man at the helm of Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney – Dual Destinies? Well, here’s your opportunity! We want you guys to ask Eshiro-san your burning questions about the upcoming game. We’ll collect the top 10, pass ‘em along, and post his responses right here in the not too distant future.

All you gotta do: SUBMIT THREE QUESTIONS TO ME (That's Chris on Capcom-Unity.com!) VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE.

NOTE: We know you have a lot of questions that aren’t specific to the game content such as a release date, a physical release for Dual Destinies, pricing, etc., all of which are perfectly valid. Just keep in mind that this is a rare opportunity to ask the guy with arguably the most inside Dual Destinies knowledge of the Ace Attorney series anything you’d like about the upcoming game. Try and use them wisely on things we haven’t answered before or will probably answer soon, ya know? You’ve got until AUGUST 12th to submit your questions to me via PM. We’ll make up a post here on Unity shortly after that.

AT:

http://www.capcom-unity.com/xantista/bl ... -questions

Submit them by PM @ capcom-unity to that person. to PM the person on that site capcom-unity go to their profile http://www.capcom-unity.com/xantista/
and click the envelope type button.

ASK ABOUT MAYA!

Give this individual the idea we give a damn about her, he's going to be writing more games/DLC I expect.
Spoiler:
And that we want to SEE Her in the present and Phoenix to see her? Is it that hard?

(Oh and don't ask about 'the Feys' everyone knows Pearl cameos in the game. Use the M-Word :edgy: )

would be awesome if they could make that happen :notes:

Hey everyone, I just remembered!

PHOENIX/MAYA DAY IS SEPTEMBER 5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's soon and everything....
:kissy:

Oh yeah the Eshiro chat was boring, they didn't ask any of the questions about Maya or anything. (Half the questions were stuff you could just find out by playing the game or asking in the one thing spoiler thread anyway.)

Ace Sidekick!

I missed this place ;__;

It's not a stepladder, it's a ladder!

Hey peeps! Thought I'd make my self known.

I like :phoenix: x :maya: too. I ship them more as brother/sister but I like romance too because I find it super cute. So hello. Kind of a shme she didn't appear (Physically) in AJ.

Ace Sidekick!

Ladders wrote:

I like :phoenix: x :maya: too. I ship them more as brother/sister but I like romance too because I find it super cute. So hello. Kind of a shme she didn't appear (Physically) in AJ.

Welcome! :)

State Alchemist

Emiko Nabile Gale wrote:
I missed this place ;__;

*sigh* Yeah. ^-^

I remember when I first joined y'all with that special Magatama photoshop pic.

And welcome to our little shin-dig, Ladders! (Oh hey! Someone else who prefers ladders over stepladders. ^^;)

If icer will let me do the honors, then I'll introduce you the same way that I was!

*throws confetti* Image

Ace Sidekick!

I think I may make a little oneshot for P/M day.

Ladders wrote:

Welcome to the club, let's all celebrate Ladders' impeccable taste :kissy:

Yeah we have to organise something for P/M Day.

THERE'S STILL TIME!

What's even better is we actually have PL vs PW on the [distant] horizon now!

State Alchemist

I know this is kind of early, but I made my new sig for Phoenix and Maya day! :maya:

I finally brought back my old Phoenix/Maya emblem from back when I first joined this club.

Ace Sidekick!

Emiyo Gnobo Gavi wrote:
I know this is kind of early, but I made my new sig for Phoenix and Maya day! :maya:

I finally brought back my old Phoenix/Maya emblem from back when I first joined this club.

Emiyo I nearly died of happiness when I saw your sig. :'D

Very nice.

I wish I could do something for Phoenix and Maya Day, but I have no resources. :sadshoe:

Ace Sidekick!

Ladders wrote:
Very nice.

I wish I could do something for Phoenix and Maya Day, but I have no resources. :sadshoe:

I'm currently making a fanfic...Hopefully it will be ready by September 5th.

Happy Phoenix/Maya Day everyone!

:pearl-blush:

Ladders wrote:
Very nice.

Well, you can just tell us about your favourite P/M moments, and why you like the pairing, and even post links to your favourite art or fics by other people...

Ace Sidekick!

But today is the forth, not the fifth. D:

Lacks the brain for meaningful posts.

Emiko Nabile Gale wrote:

She lives in Australia, and it is the 5th there already. I believe that is why that post exists. :shoe:

Ace Sidekick!

Tiagofvarela wrote:
Emiko Nabile Gale wrote:

She lives in Australia, and it is the 5th there already. I believe that is why that post exists. :shoe:

D'oh!

I actually managed to finish something, sort of:
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9661244/1/The-Morning-After

Hope you guys like it, because I'm tired of fighting with it.

Tiagofvarela wrote:

That's right! And it's still the 5th.

Of course if you want to do something for P/M Day and don't have time, just consider it also P/M Week/Month/Unspecified Period Of Time. (Of course I would say that 'cause I'm really busy at the moment...)

nevertalk wrote:
I actually managed to finish something, sort of:
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9661244/1/The-Morning-After

Hope you guys like it, because I'm tired of fighting with it.

Excellent *applauds*

icer wrote:
Happy Phoenix/Maya Day everyone!

:pearl-blush:

Ladders wrote:
Very nice.

Well, you can just tell us about your favourite P/M moments, and why you like the pairing, and even post links to your favourite art or fics by other people...

Yeah that's one thing I can do at least.

Hmmm...favourite P/M moment...I think that has to be when they were finally reunited after the De Killer incident. So heartwarming. :phoenix: :maya:

Not sure why I like the pairing, I guess I just love their closeness. ^^

Not sure if I have any fave fics yet, but here's one a partically enjoyed. http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6707994/1/T ... t-Catalyst Same author as The Morning After, which was very good by the way! :phoenix:

And here's some cute art by EnzanBlues456 from DA: http://www.deviantart.com/art/NIIICCCKKKKK-366182023

Hey, I'm RisanF! I've been lurking around this thread for a little while, and since you have this Phoenix/Maya Day going on now, I decided to drop by! I'm a big fan of Nick/Maya, mostly because of nevertalk's awesome "Turnabout Catalyst" and the doujinshis I've found, and also because it would be the the most natural development for the two characters plotwise. This artwork wasn't done for P/M Day (it's a Valentine's submission from last year), but I thought now would be a good time to show it.

:kissy:

Ace Sidekick!

Happy Phoenix/Maya day everyone! ^o^

http://m.fanfiction.net/s/9660802/1/Music-Box

Here's the fanfic I made for the ocassion.

Dawwwwww! it was so cute! I want a music box like that! :maya:

Ace Sidekick!

Ladders wrote:
Dawwwwww! it was so cute! I want a music box like that! :maya:

Thank you. :)

*bump*

Spoiler: GS5 Spoilers
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qQ90RrHbe8

Don't ask me how accurate the translation is.

I'm the only one who think this letter is... lacking? And before someone gets me wrong; I'm not saying this because I'm not a supporter of the pairing. I would think the exactly same thing if I was.
She had an opportunity to write for Phoenix and all she said was... "Hey, I'm alive, I saw some news about you" and ~Steel Samurai~ stuff? That's not satisfying as a very close and reliable friend's letter, even more as a lover's letter.

State Alchemist

Well, hopefully Ace Attorney 6 won't disappoint. Maybe this letter is just a way of "reintroducing" Maya? And she could return in the next game? Or maybe I'm just being a little too optimistic?

dangerousoffender wrote:
I'm the only one who think this letter is... lacking? And before someone gets me wrong; I'm not saying this because I'm not a supporter of the pairing. I would think the exactly same thing if I was.
She had an opportunity to write for Phoenix and all she said was... "Hey, I'm alive, I saw some news about you" and ~Steel Samurai~ stuff? That's not satisfying as a very close and reliable friend's letter, even more as a lover's letter.

Yeah well that's all you get from these writers, shallow cameos.
They probably think we're 'lucky' they didn't ignore her existing entirely, because she's only for channelling ghosts, right? And drawing her would be 'too hard'. If she was any less 'lacking' they'd have to show her wouldn't they? Oh noooo.

Spoiler:
At least it's a step up from Ema, who has literally vapourised without a trace so far as I've heard

As far as I've heard it's similar with all of the cast sans the main lawyers even ones who were returned...
So I'm still more anticipatory of PL vs PW than GS5 (which I kind of view as a giant official fanfic).

Emiyo Gnobo Gavi wrote:
Well, hopefully Ace Attorney 6 won't disappoint. Maybe this letter is just a way of "reintroducing" Maya? And she could return in the next game? Or maybe I'm just being a little too optimistic?

Hate to say it, but we don't know we even will get GS6, (or when) let alone any assumption they'd bother to show her. (And the writers are not planning it while they wrote that game or anything so it's not 'to reintroduce her for GS6'. They always make every game for 'new players' anyway.) Those sidekicks are only 'for' their magical game mechanic after all. It's not impossible... but I wouldn't bet on it or get any hopes up. They probably consider her 'Takumi's character', in addition.

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

The only thing I found lacking about the letter was Maya misusing the word "Eccentric". Maya was usually very rash, perky and spontanious so sometimes she said dumb things, but being bad with words was not one of them. The letter did feel rushed IMO, and Trucy's theme playing over it also evoked a huge "Meh" from me. why am I even in this topic!?
icer wrote:
They probably consider her 'Takumi's character', in addition.

And thank goodness if they do. There's nothing I'd ever hate as much as seeing another fan-favorite character return only to be butchered by terrible characterisation from the GK writers.
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney

[quote="linkenski"]The only thing I found lacking about the letter was Maya misusing the word "Eccentric". Maya was usually very rash, perky and spontanious so sometimes she said dumb things, but being bad with words was not one of them. The letter did feel rushed IMO, and Trucy's theme playing over it also evoked a huge "Meh" from me.

Yeah, lazy. Of course you can't expect unreturned chars to get themes from their laziness, but maybe it could have been silent. (And yes it has been silent sometimes in the series! Or just that bird twittering noise.)

Of course that was just a fan translation. The English one might not be an exact translation either... we'll have to wait and see I guess.
I expect the last line to be changed...

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

I just hope it's something other than "Eccentric" that she uses or that they change the joke entirely so it feels more like the Maya you remember, and on second thought, isn't she supposed to be more mature now? They could've changed her expressions to match the fact that she's a grown woman 27-28 years old O.o

It's not just little :maya: anymore.
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney

linkenski wrote:
I just hope it's something other than "Eccentric" that she uses or that they change the joke entirely so it feels more like the Maya you remember, and on second thought, isn't she supposed to be more mature now? They could've changed her expressions to match the fact that she's a grown woman 27-28 years old O.o

It's not just little :maya: anymore.

That might imply character 'development' or 'depth'.

They're keeping it 'canon' with Gs4 (which was only a non-contextualised easter egg) out of laziness.

Although I don't see that Maya would really change all that much, she was 19 already not 5.

Klavier doesn't seem to have undergone any of the implied (end 4-4) character development either, from what I heard, and he got to appear!

Also I hope this is incorrect but when Trucy is held hostage in this game people have claimed Phoenix really doesn't care as much as you'd expect him to (because, you know, she's been demoted too) and is too busy worrying about Athena. These writers don't seem to be very good at characterisation or continuity (or maybe they don't bother trying).

The translation might improve the characterisations if we're lucky.

*bump*

by ユイ
http://www.pixiv.net/novel/show.php?id=2624833

Well, i guess it's time for me to rejoin the club :will:

Anyone played through DD yet? :)

Spoiler: for the Maya related things in the game
I actually liked that Letter. It was better than nothing at all. And if you talked to Pearls right after that, nick says that Maya used to come by all the time to say Hello, but not so much anymore, so they DID keep contact..
Still, i'd wished for an actual explanation to why she is gone. And Pearls even stopped referring to nick as maya's Special someone, which was like a Major character trait of her ( i mean her dreamy nick/Maya living ever after Vision ). I was really disappointed by her cameo.
Considering that, i guess it's good that Maya didn't turn up, if they'll handled her the way Pearls was handled..
By the by, Pearls does NOT look like 17.

I'm german.. so please forgive me mistakes etc. x)

Sahnie wrote:

Anyone played through DD yet? :)

Nah, it will be a few weeks before I have time, so if anyone wants to spoiler the text of
Spoiler:
Maya's letter
in ENGLISH ver I'd be grateful.
Page 148 of 158 [ 6281 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151 ... 158  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby