Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby

Page 1 of 1[ 24 posts ]

Phoenix's Reason Why He Become A Defense AttorneyTopic%20Title

Mr.Twister

Hmm...There Is Something Strange With Phoenix's Reason...
At Case 4 PW:AA,He Said About 2 Things Why He Want to become a Defense Attorney...
1.He Realized What It Feels To Be Alone
2.Because He Wants To Meet Edgeworth

And At GS 3 Case 1,Why He Took An Art Class?Not Law?He Took A...Mmm...Law School?After He Was Saved By Mia Right...

So:1.Which Is The Real Reason?
2.Contradiction:Phoenix Is Older In GS 3...But When he's still 4th grade,He decided to become a Defense Attorney...and at GS 3,Once Again I Say it:Why He Took An Art Class?
Image[/URL]
Re: Phoenix's Reason Why He Become A Defense AttorneyTopic%20Title

Master of sharp things!

I don't recall that he wanted to be a defense attorney since fourth grade, just that it was a motivational factor later in his life. Mia saving him and showing him the truth about Chinami is what eventually pushed him into being a defense attorney, though wanting to meet Edgeworth in a place where he couldn't run away was his ultimate goal.

spr fckn srs peepz

Blademaster_Orca wrote:
I don't recall that he wanted to be a defense attorney since fourth grade, just that it was a motivational factor later in his life. Mia saving him and showing him the truth about Chinami is what eventually pushed him into being a defense attorney, though wanting to meet Edgeworth in a place where he couldn't run away was his ultimate goal.

I think it's more of a combination of all those factors than one in particular.
http://vanderlund.blogspot.com - Because the only fantasy worlds I like are those I write myself.

Now everyone, prepare for my next trick!

You know how phoenix was back then, maybe he just wanted to take a little berak before he started law school. And in forth grade, I think that just simply made him think about how life would be as a lawyer. So that simply motivated him. But when he was actually in court and Mia saved him, he desided he had to become a lawyer to help those in need and meet Edgeworth. Motivation was the key.
I really need a new sig...

Raging Demon

In GS3 I think phoenix said I don't really want a career in art or something?
Gadoke-*blip*

(9o_o)9 The Revolution is Back!

Struck by a blunt objection

My theory: He studied art - because he had to.

He was helping a friend (read: Larry) get through art class. He had no reason to pass art class, and simply went there to help Larry. I think this might have something to do with how the Japanese educational system works, maybe, but if he could study law before actually taking the law itself, he would have basicly made sure that he could go through the law studies later. By being at a university where law is taught (?), he could easily gain access to the right books on the subject.

Also, who says you need to have studied law to pass the bar? Both Franziska and Edgeworth was taught by Manfred, so they didn't have to go study law to pass any bars (not sure how much prosecution differs from defense attorneys), and Mia doesn't look like it took HER long to become a lawyer either. And Godot? It would be spoilered to reveal it, but he ALSO just 'passed the bar' one day, and he clearly couldn't reveal any information about himself. And Garyuu? A rockstar one day, a prosecutor the other?

It looks to me like Phoenix studied while he was having art, but that looks more to me like it was too DIFFICULT for him to go to study law. They might have higher grades needed from high-school (pre-university, whatever it is called in japan), and Phoenix DIDN'T MEET THE REQUIREMENT FOR LAW! So he needed to gain access to the material needed for him to be able to pass the bar. And 'art major' doesn't look like anything requireing high grades, right? Remember what he says about the books Mia has? Or about not knowing anything about evidence law in case 5? Yeah, that. Doesn't that look to you that he hasn't studied law at all, or at least not on a university level?

Chaos wolf

Unless the Japanese system changed up till the point where they were at school, then all you need to do to graduate from school is stay alive. You don't even need to turn up to lessons and take part. Yeah, there is no requirement to actually get an education. Bizarre huh?
Lie with passion and be forever damned...

360 gamertag: Mayhem64

BIKE MONEY!

What happened to the Judge Wackner - Hero of the Public Court dream?

Gavin Texas Ranger

Mikker wrote:

He was helping a friend (read: Larry) get through art class. He had no reason to pass art class, and simply went there to help Larry. I think this might have something to do with how the Japanese educational system works, maybe, but if he could study law before actually taking the law itself, he would have basicly made sure that he could go through the law studies later. By being at a university where law is taught (?), he could easily gain access to the right books on the subject.

Also, who says you need to have studied law to pass the bar? Both Franziska and Edgeworth was taught by Manfred, so they didn't have to go study law to pass any bars (not sure how much prosecution differs from defense attorneys), and Mia doesn't look like it took HER long to become a lawyer either. And Godot? It would be spoilered to reveal it, but he ALSO just 'passed the bar' one day, and he clearly couldn't reveal any information about himself. And Garyuu? A rockstar one day, a prosecutor the other?

It looks to me like Phoenix studied while he was having art, but that looks more to me like it was too DIFFICULT for him to go to study law. They might have higher grades needed from high-school (pre-university, whatever it is called in japan), and Phoenix DIDN'T MEET THE REQUIREMENT FOR LAW! So he needed to gain access to the material needed for him to be able to pass the bar. And 'art major' doesn't look like anything requireing high grades, right? Remember what he says about the books Mia has? Or about not knowing anything about evidence law in case 5? Yeah, that. Doesn't that look to you that he hasn't studied law at all, or at least not on a university level?

Nice theory, but I doubt it was Larry. In PW Case 4 he informs us that he's only a Junior High Graduate.

Witty filler.

RevFirst wrote:
What happened to the Judge Wackner - Hero of the Public Court dream?

I think that's more of a "I want to be a fireman!" "I want to be a superhero!" sort of dream.

Alternatively, it could mean the start of my spriting career as I try to make Judge Wackner. Let's see...

¯\(°_o)/¯

People, Phoenix was an ARTS student in UNI. Just consider his age in 3-1. An Arts student studies all kinds of things like history and languages. Anything that doesn't really fit into any other catagory really. Acutal art as in visual arts is classed as "fine arts".

Anyway I think at around the same time as hearing about Edgeworth, Phoenix was saved by Mia.

Mr.Twister

Mikker wrote:

Wait...From What I Know...To become a Defense Attorney,We Need To Pass The Requirements...But Why if Phoenix didn't meet the requirements,he can
Become a Defense Attorney?
Image[/URL]

Escapist

kevintobing wrote:
Hmm...There Is Something Strange With Phoenix's Reason...
At Case 4 PW:AA,He Said About 2 Things Why He Want to become a Defense Attorney...
1.He Realized What It Feels To Be Alone
2.Because He Wants To Meet Edgeworth

And At GS 3 Case 1,Why He Took An Art Class?Not Law?He Took A...Mmm...Law School?After He Was Saved By Mia Right...

So:1.Which Is The Real Reason?
2.Contradiction:Phoenix Is Older In GS 3...But When he's still 4th grade,He decided to become a Defense Attorney...and at GS 3,Once Again I Say it:Why He Took An Art Class?

Please don't use capital letters in every letters that shouldn't be capitalized, somehow I feel annoyed.

Never mind.

kevintobing wrote:
Wait...From What I Know...To become a Defense Attorney,We Need To Pass The Requirements...But Why if Phoenix didn't meet the requirements,he can
Become a Defense Attorney?

HAH!! TAKE THAT!! =P =P

Mikker wrote:

btw bars? what bars? bars = ?

He doesn't need to study law at the university [maybe] so he took Mia's law school, etc.
And remember, franny became a prosecutor when she was 13. Did she graduate her school? Probably. But who knows.

(Don't mind me, just bluffing <_<)

Ah, I forgot, it's just a theory. Never mind though. The 2 last paragraphs seem true. =P

未来の遂行者

By the way, at least in Canada (altought I do believe its like that in a lot of places),, you need to have study at least 3 years in university before aplaying to a law program, and most lawyers take an art class in those 3 (usualy 4, actually) years. And besside, anything that isn't a science is considered a part of art: heck, if I was to study criminologies, I would become an art student.

Mr.Twister

I Think It's 5 Years...
Image[/URL]

俺の黄金の魔女

The third game tells us explicitly why he became a lawyer, more than once. It was for Edgeworth.

- It was not because of Mia. He had already switched to law before the events in 3-1.
- At the end of the case, Phoenix talks to Mia and outright tells her he's going to become a lawyer to save a friend. That friend is Edgeworth.
- It comes up again in 3-5, with both Edgeworth and Phoenix acknowledging it.

nuuuuu, stoooooop

Thank you, Musouka~

As a child Phoenix went through the school trial, which gave him a respect for Edgeworth and for the feeling of loneliness an accused person can feel. But even in the first game they stated it wasn't until he read the newspaper reports about Edgeworth being "a demon prosecutor" that he switched to practicing law himself. It was always because of Edgeworth.

I think law school in PW world takes 3 years...?

Mayhem - what you're describing sounds like Japanese colleges, not school in general. From what I've heard, the entrance exams to get into college are so severe that once you've passed, you're pretty much guaranteed a job (especially if you get into Tokyo University or something). But then, I've never worked my way through a Japanese school system :P
ImageImage

Escapist

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh I seeee

so AA: TAT is the key, huh..

musouka wrote:
- At the end of the case, Phoenix talks to Mia and outright tells her he's going to become a lawyer to save a friend. That friend is Edgeworth.

Sorry for asking buuttt... why would he want to save Edgeworth? Was Edgeworth in trouble or something? Or did he meant to save a friend whenever he's in danger?

俺の黄金の魔女

n0wM3 wrote:
Sorry for asking buuttt... why would he want to save Edgeworth? Was Edgeworth in trouble or something? Or did he meant to save a friend whenever he's in danger?

Not in trouble physically, but emotionally. Phoenix knew Edgeworth when they were children, and the reports he heard about Edgeworth's actions were completely out of character with what he remembered about his friend. He tried to get into contact with him and was rebuffed, so finally Phoenix decided the only way to see what was going on with Edgeworth was to face him in court.

Hold it!

Edgeworth's first case was 3-4, wasn't it?
That means when Mia saved Nick in 3-1, Edgeworth was nowhere from being a demon prosecutor.

俺の黄金の魔女

Szabu wrote:
Hold it!

Edgeworth's first case was 3-4, wasn't it?
That means when Mia saved Nick in 3-1, Edgeworth was nowhere from being a demon prosecutor.

3-4 takes place before 3-1.

Mr.Twister

musouka wrote:
The third game tells us explicitly why he became a lawyer, more than once. It was for Edgeworth.

- It was not because of Mia. He had already switched to law before the events in 3-1.
- It comes up again in 3-5, with both Edgeworth and Phoenix acknowledging it.

Wait...In PW AA Case 1,Mia Stil Don't Know Why Phoenix Become A Lawyer...Right?Near The Start of The Case After Mia Called Phoenix and...Phoenix Said to Mia that His Client(Larry) Is One of the reason why He Becomes A Defense Attorney...Mia Is Suprised to hear that...Why?
Image[/URL]

俺の黄金の魔女

kevintobing wrote:
Wait...In PW AA Case 1,Mia Stil Don't Know Why Phoenix Become A Lawyer...Right?Near The Start of The Case After Mia Called Phoenix and...Phoenix Said to Mia that His Client(Larry) Is One of the reason why He Becomes A Defense Attorney...Mia Is Suprised to hear that...Why?

For the same reason Phoenix mentions that he never thought he'd be on the stand in 1-2, when he was already a defendent in 3-1. It's a slight retcon.

Last edited by musouka on Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

nuuuuu, stoooooop

Because Mia's a bimbo...? Mia Fey

It's probably just because they hadn't made GS3 at the time, so they hadn't planned for Mia already knowing.
ImageImage
Page 1 of 1 [ 24 posts ] 

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby