Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » The Hydeout (GS4)

Page 2 of 2[ 55 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Re: Did Valant do it?Topic%20Title

OBJECTION! BOTH ATTORNEYS ARE AWESOME!

All I'm going to say is that the magatama isn't perfect...*cough2-4cough*

I wanna study YOUR beauty

I've noticed some of the oddities concerning the magatama myself, but the only real explanation is that it doesn't work when the plot disagrees with it. I mean, just like the magatama, the writers aren't perfect either.

But it's much more fun to think you need a glowcap to recharge its batteries.

Just a random passerby

About Thalassa, This seems like a stretch, but it could be a possibility that Magnifi himself shot Thalassa. Yeah, I know Thalassa is Magnifi's daughter and all, but Magnifi could have been still angry Thalassa left the Troupe. Plus, Magnifi could blame the death on Zak and Valant. Plus who else beside Zak, Valant, and Thalassa knew how the trick worked? That's right, Magnifi. Also, since it was a new variation of the trick, Magnifi could of been the one to suggest it in the first place. Magnifi could of shot Thalassa during the trick, and the blame would go to his students.

Yeah, I know there are some problems with this theory, but this is a possibility. Also, Magnifi is the biggest jerk of them all. (In my opinion.)

That... actually has some muse-feeding merit to it. Besides, it makes my precious Valant look less of a jerk. <3

nuuuuu, stoooooop

rydus65 wrote:
About Thalassa, This seems like a stretch, but it could be a possibility that Magnifi himself shot Thalassa. Yeah, I know Thalassa is Magnifi's daughter and all, but Magnifi could have been still angry Thalassa left the Troupe. Plus, Magnifi could blame the death on Zak and Valant. Plus who else beside Zak, Valant, and Thalassa knew how the trick worked? That's right, Magnifi. Also, since it was a new variation of the trick, Magnifi could of been the one to suggest it in the first place. Magnifi could of shot Thalassa during the trick, and the blame would go to his students.

Yeah, I know there are some problems with this theory, but this is a possibility. Also, Magnifi is the biggest jerk of them all. (In my opinion.)

I wouldn't be surprised if it was him. It is awfully strange that once she got shot, Magnifi's first thought was to cover it up rather than try to get justice or revenge for his daughter. How could he bear to pass down his legacy to either of them not knowing which of them killed her? Maybe he already knew neither of them did. More importantly, Thalassa ended up alive in a far off European country: who could have orchestrated that if not Magnifi?

Unles...she's a zombie :beef:
ImageImage

1000% Knight

Croik wrote:
rydus65 wrote:

I wouldn't be surprised if it was him. It is awfully strange that once she got shot, Magnifi's first thought was to cover it up rather than try to get justice or revenge for his daughter. How could he bear to pass down his legacy to either of them not knowing which of them killed her? Maybe he already knew neither of them did. More importantly, Thalassa ended up alive in a far off European country: who could have orchestrated that if not Magnifi?

Unles...she's a zombie :beef:

I also believe that it was most probably Magnifi who got Thalassa sent to Borginia, but just because he use Thalassa's accident like that doesn't mean he was the one who caused the accident. I mean, Magnifi was pretty messed up... He told his disciples to come shoot him in the face! ...That plan had a lot of room for error.

ANYWAY, considering how crazy Magnifi is, he didn't necessarily cause Thalassa's accident, even if he used it to coerce Zak and Valant. Plus, weren't there only two such pistols?

(Y'know, shouldn't Zak and Valant have been able to see Thalassa when the accident occurred? Then couldn't they see where the bullethole was, and who killed her?)
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

Bad Player wrote:
I also believe that it was most probably Magnifi who got Thalassa sent to Borginia--

(Y'know, shouldn't Zak and Valant have been able to see Thalassa when the accident occurred? Then couldn't they see where the bullethole was, and who killed her?)

1. Agree.

2. What if it was in a "neutral" spot? Like, say, the middle of the back of her head or something.

Croik: While like yourself I wouldn't be too surprised if Magnifi was behind the accident, if he wasn't, he still probably knew who shot Thalassa. And since he gave the rights to Zak... well, if it wasn't Magnifi himself, it was Valant. :sadshoe: I always wanted to think both shot her at the same time, but now that I think about what you posted, it doesn't seem probable. All I know now is that it wasn't Zak.

Just a random passerby

Bad Player wrote:

I also believe that it was most probably Magnifi who got Thalassa sent to Borginia, but just because he use Thalassa's accident like that doesn't mean he was the one who caused the accident. I mean, Magnifi was pretty messed up... He told his disciples to come shoot him in the face! ...That plan had a lot of room for error.

ANYWAY, considering how crazy Magnifi is, he didn't necessarily cause Thalassa's accident, even if he used it to coerce Zak and Valant. Plus, weren't there only two such pistols?

I'm pretty sure Magnifi could have crafted another pistol if he really wanted to. Magnifi at least had a part in the design of the gun, if he didn't make it himself. It would be very easy for him to get it and hide it without his students and daughter knowing. He was the star of Troupe Gramerye.

Either that, or Magnifi could of put a real bullet in one of the guns behind his students back. And yeah, I know Zak or Valant could of done it too, but you have to admit Magnifi could of done it too.

1000% Knight

@SP: And just how would it get there? :P

@ryu: I think that both guns were loaded with actual bullets in the real trick. I mean, if the trick could've been performed with a gun-shaped object that made a loud noise and a burst of smoke when the trigger was pulled, I'm sure they wouldn't used that instead of an actual gun. I mean, using an actual was... is... an accident waiting to happen. (That did happen!)

Anywayhoo, do we want to talk about who shot Thalassa or who killed Thalassa? Because if someone tampered with the guns, it probably wouldn't be the same person...
(I kinda doubt it was Magnifi. If he did it, it would be to coerce Zak and Valant, and I think he probably could've figured out a way to get it done without killing his only daughter... (I'm not even saying doing it without killing anyone! Just without killing his daughter!))
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

Sig and Avie created by awesome Vicki!!

I don't think shooting Thalassa was on purpose on anyone's account; I'm thinking complete accident and perhaps both shots hit her.

Though that doesn't mean I don't think Magnifi did some strange things by hiding her from them, most likely sending her away to Borginia (!?) and leaving her there. I guess he wanted to control his apprentices (namely Zak?) by hiding her... but Magnifi must be a real jerk to be willing to give up his daughter's life for some stupid puppeteering control :yuusaku: I just can't believe that he'd leave his daughter's side like that... real moron and horrible father.
I guess the idea that he was angry for her leaving the troupe could be held in account... but seriously, what father DOES that? (*cough*besidesIris's*cough*) I dunno... I'm hoping GS5 will explain a LOT of things cuz there are a ton of loopholes in this.

I mean, what happened to Apollo? Why did Thalassa (most likely) leave him in some orphanage?
I always thought it was because she didn't think she'd be able to support him, and then wasn't able to take him back after she conceived Trucy (maybe something to do with the corruptness of the orphanage?) but that's just my fanon brain going into overdrive :oops:

Excuse me, I'm rambling...
NEW:V-Day Drabbles! | Flawless Achievement | These Wounds Can Heal | When the Wall Crumbles
Daughter of Xero and Mystic Mina. Sister of Lana & Ulala

nuuuuu, stoooooop

Bad Player wrote:

If neither Valant nor Zak's pistols were used to kill Thalassa, it wouldn't matter what the third weapon was. They didn't perform an autopsy on Thalassa or anything (they didn't even check her well enough to know she was still alive!) so even if she was shot with a perfectly normal gun none of them would have been able to tell the difference.

I'm not saying it was definitely Magnifi, but think of what we know about how he treated Thalassa: in order to get married to someone she loved, she ran away from the Troupe. Either Thalassa is flighty by nature or the Troupe opposed her marriage. Then when she comes back and marries Zak, despite being Magnifi's blood relative Zak and Valant are made the Troupe headliners while she's reduced to assistant. When Thalassa was horribly injured he shipped her off to a foreign country with no memory. And then when deciding on the succession of his magic, Magnifi left his legacy almost completely up to chance, without any stipulations that Trucy (his own grandaughter) should eventually be the one to get his tricks. I don't think Magnifi put that much stock in his family.

Even if it wasn't Magnifi, I think it will turn out that neither Valant nor Zak shot Thalassa. It would be just like AA to pull a "THERE WAS SOMEONE ELSE THERE...!"
ImageImage

Croik wrote:
Even if it wasn't Magnifi, I think it will turn out that neither Valant nor Zak shot Thalassa. It would be just like AA to pull a "THERE WAS SOMEONE ELSE THERE...!"

Brushel.

Just a random passerby

I doubt Spark Brushel had anything to do with Thalassa getting shot. While he is.... very weird (and annoying) He doesn't seem like that bad of a guy. Also, he would have no reason shot her. He knew Magnifi and Thalassa, but I don't think he would shoot someone for Magnifi. Now, Brushel could have had a role in shipping Thalassa overseas I suppose.

Thought of another reason Magnifi could of been angry. What if he somehow found out about Apollo? I can see him getting really angry at her because he had another child with someone. That could of enraged him so much that she had another kid and/or didn't tell he father Magnifi and/or abandoned him that he snapped and he wanted her to pay for it.

Um, dude, that was a joke.

Just a random passerby

Guess I should of thought more before I wrote. Sometimes have trouble with sarcasm. Still, Brushel could of helped shipped Thalassa overseas since he was on good speaking terms with Magnifi. Though maybe not, Brushel was a reporter after all.
Page 2 of 2 [ 55 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » The Hydeout (GS4)