Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » The Hydeout (GS4)

Page 8 of 15[ 565 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 15  Next

Re: GS4 Latest InfosTopic%20Title

Chaos wolf

I finally got the email from YesAsia about the price increase, it was sititing in my box when I came in this morning. So I accept! 40,000 copies huh? This puppy is gonna be in demand. Anyone know how many of the GS1 DS limited were made?
Lie with passion and be forever damned...

360 gamertag: Mayhem64

Pretty nice,if you compare it to DK and Mario 2.
But...I remember Famitsu gave the Megaman Battle Network games very good grades(8,8,9,8 etc) but English sites gave those games a medicore grades (60,70)
I hope it's not the case here.

Master of sharp things!

Mastermind wrote:
Pretty nice,if you compare it to DK and Mario 2.
But...I remember Famitsu gave the Megaman Battle Network games very good grades(8,8,9,8 etc) but English sites gave those games a medicore grades (60,70)
I hope it's not the case here.

I doubt it, since one of the few criticisms with this series is the lack of touch screen features outside of case 5 in the first game. A game like GS4, which is full of those features from beginning to end, would likely impress them moreso.

What is my liiiife?!?

Different people like different games, and the western gaming magazines say that "Sequels should have new additions to them" One of the reasons they marked JfA down was that they didn't think that the psyche locks didn't add anything new to the series.

Queen Of The Mods

NGamer marked JFA down because it didn't have voice-acting! Nick
Anyway, a week and one day until GS4's out! Also, a week and one day until my birthday! Also, a week and one day until it's been a year since I first played AA! *dances*
Hmmm, I just thought of something. Do you think the Blue Badger will be in GS4? I hope so, he was awesome in Case 5...
Also, nice to know Phoenix isn't just in the first case. Though I do hope he buggers off at some point and leaves Odoroki by himself. Can't wait to see his reaction to be shown the Attorney's Badge. Gant

Voice acting?
This game has more text than the average RPG(I think)
Anyway,how do we know that this picture
http://www.famicom.biz/all/catalogue/4976219020558u.jpg
Isn't from the first case?(Maybe they went out of the formula and now the first case have investigation?)

Croik wrote:
Croik expected Play-Asia to open preorders at some point. Croik bet on the wrong importer and lost. Croik is not happy.

Croik is willing to buy the dictionary off someone for more than its worth. Croik doesn't care about the DVD or headphones. Croik wants the dictionary.

Won't someone help Croik? :(

I emailed Play-Asia about the Limited Edition yesterday and recieved an reply saying that they are planning to open pre-orders for it soon. Whether or not that actually happens I don't know, but I doubt they would purposely lie about it, so there still might be a chance Croik.

They are cutting it really close though.

Deputy of Self-Esteem

Sounds like the Phoenix arc of GS4 is like the DL-6 of yesteryear.

And 'very loosly' 'Americanized' Stabbed Gutted and left out for the buzzards Altavista tranlsation of J-Girl's Text that I've edited.

-------

The scenario is so powerful you're unconciously clinching your sholders in excitement. You might at first doubt this sort of game can hold you in, but once you've dived in, you're delightfully hooked.

You'll start with a easy paced investigation. But once you've formed your case, it's off to court where the stakes are high and a blazing trial takes place. GS4 is a Text Based Adventure game, so some may simply write it off. However, pounding testimonies and pointing out contradictions one after another is a refreashing twist to the old genre.

The script is the epitomy of slapstic humor, but the ability to expertly weave the delicate emergency of a serious scene is exquisite.

Changing the protagonist might be something people would expect to be a bad move. However, it's unexpectedly seemless, and maintains the healthy impression of the series as a whole. From begining to end, you're facinated. The role of the new protagonist and the new system etc. which is included in everywhere, you're left with the sensation of a new generation.

Another motivator to you ten thousand readers is the quality of the work. I've judge the production as the usual 'super excellence'. The scenerio advances well. It' may take some prodding to get started on this tame looking game, but if you can enjoy it we encourage it.
Bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump

(Sighs) I volunteer to provide a general summary.

(I think my Japanese suck, so this is not a word-to-word translation,
but get the big picture in sketch.)

二転三転するシナリオの力で、
各話とも右肩上がりで引き込まれる。
推理力は問われるが、総当たりでもなんとかなる懐の広さがうれしい。
もっと便利に、と感じる部分はあるが、完成度は高く、とくに法廷での駆け引きが熱い。
過剰な演出は作品の個性。でも、好みは分かれそう。

The scenarios (chapters) are full of twists and become bigger and more powerful one after another. ("右肩上がり" should be a Japanese slang for "one stronger after another" in a positive way.)

Some (detective) brain powers are needed, as total areas covered (by the plot) are very wide and deep.

The gameplay could be done more conveniently, but it is a highly polished (very complete) game and battling in court gives you that hot-blooded feeling.

The overall characteristic of this game is a bit over-dramatic, and whether a gamer will like it or not depends on his/her personal preference.

推理が的中し、つぎつぎと矛盾を指摘していく爽快感は健在。
クセを見抜く新要素は、緊迫感を高めてくれるが少々手こずる印象。
シナリオは基本的にギャグのノリだが、シリアスな場面との緩急の付け方が絶妙でグイグイ引きつけられる。
本格ミステリを望む人には向かない。

When reasoning (the testimonies), the exciting feeling of pointing out contradictions
is still there.

The new see-through system is a bit troublesome to control, but adds up the feeling of
playing under high pressure.

Although those scenarios are basically a series of fun gags, there are also serious
situations and those two types compensate each other's pace perfectly.

One might be disappointed if s/he wants to see a traditional mystery game.
("本格" means the "detective solving a case, all things in logic" theme like Law and Order
and CSI.)

主人公交代という大きな変化を乗り越えつつ、シリーズならではの意外性や爽快感は健在。
序盤からこれでもかという逆転の嵐で、グイグイ魅了されます。
新旧の主人公の活躍や随所に盛り込まれた新旧のシステムなど、まさに“世代交代”といった感じ。
万人にお勧めの上質な作品です。

(I can tell the 3rd female reviewer is a fan of the series...)

Looking beyond the big change of having a different protagonist,
the series' unexpected, exciting feeling is still there.

The opening case's turnabout is like a storm, gets people sunk into GS4 immediately.

With both old and new protagonists actively interact with each other
everywhere, and with the switching(blending?) of old and new systems, the
feeling of "passing the baton" is established.

This is a work of art that would be recommended (by me) to
thousands of people.

裁判時の演出は相変わらず秀逸。
テンポよくシナリオが進み、プレイヤーをグイグイ引きつける展開は健在。
新登場の”みぬく”システムもおもしろい。
少々強引な仕掛けも多いが、それもノリとして楽しめるならアリかと。
ただ、ありきたりな事件捜査部分は、ちょっとダレやすい気が。

(I had trouble on this one so this might be a little bit off than others)

The performance during court-sessions is still top-notch.

Plot advancements are led by an upbeat game tempo, this Gyakuten Saiban series signature
is still alive and kicking.

The newly-added "See-through" system is very fun too.

Many (reasoning) elements look somewhat forced, but one
can still enjoy the game on smaller-scales.

However, the daily investigation part is revamped and
now has a very "real" feeling.

Happy reading through my junks, lol. There must be some
words needs more accurate translation... I will leave the detailed one to those with better knowledge.

Last edited by Naila on Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:31 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Queen Of The Mods

Thanks for the translations of the Famitsu review. Great to hear that everyone likes it, hopefully it'll help persude some people who are leaning on the fence, to buy GS4. Edgy
Mastermind wrote:
Anyway,how do we know that this picture
http://www.famicom.biz/all/catalogue/4976219020558u.jpg
Isn't from the first case?(Maybe they went out of the formula and now the first case have investigation?)

Well, I'd presume it would be from a different case, as for Case 1 Phoenix would be in Police Custody, right?

Oh,right @_@
Im stupid Meekins

Rookie Illuminati Member

About Famitsu, there is a very interesting article on Kotaku (http://kotaku.com/gaming/famitsu/famitsu-for-beginners-222494.php) which explains briefly how the rating system works. To sum it up, in case of a game from a popular series( and the GS series is not unknown, after all) high scores don't mean much, since the point of view is not objective (if a thing such as objectivity exists)...not that I pay much attention to any review anymore, now Von Karma .

Of course, if the Famitsu reviewers have really been "objective" this time, a 9/10 is not bad, I guess Maya Fey .

EDIT: Now that I think about it, a straight Famitsu set of 9s is a bit suspicious...hmm... Morgan It's true that the GS fanbase is not as large as, I don't know, FF, but it still exists. Double hmmm... Yuusaku

Last edited by F_For_FranziskaDOO on Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

stirring

F_For_FranziskaDOO wrote:
About Famitsu, there is a very interesting article on Kotaku (http://kotaku.com/gaming/famitsu/famitsu-for-beginners-222494.php) which explains briefly how the rating system works. To sum it up, high scores don't mean much, since the point of view is not objective (if a thing such as objectivity exists)...not that I pay much attention to any review anymore, now Von Karma .

Of course, if the Famitsu reviewers have really been "objective" this time, a 9/10 is not bad, I guess Maya Fey .

EDIT: Now that I think about it, a straight Famitsu set of 9s is a bit suspicious...hmm... Morgan

But Phoenix Wright isn't a Super Mario game. I'd have to say they aren't giving PW straight nines as a courtesy (or whatever you call it) score, but as an actual review.

Unless it's bigger than I realized.
If you come across an older post of mine, sowwy

Rookie Illuminati Member

The answer all depends on how large and "murderously loyal" the Japanese GS fanbase is. The thing is, I don't know Edgy .

They did give FF12 4 10's. Although I liked that game very much, I would not give it a perfect score. Based on the comments I think GS4 is about the same level , not too high above or too low under, as case1-5 with better graphics.

Many shops in Japan started the lottery for deciding who pre-ordered can actually get one. Not a good sign for Japanese consumers. If Play-Asia is trying to order the LE via 3rd-4th parties and those people won the lottery, they might have a few ready in stock on time. Thought I still think it will more likely to be available weeks after the launch.

You should not trust Famitsu score so much.
The content of the review is more important than score.
日本在住の日本人。
I'm Japanese and I live in Japan. English is difficult for me.

Have these been posted yet?

ImageImageImageImage

http://gemaga.sbcr.jp/archives/2007/04/post_734.html

Master of sharp things!

jj984jj wrote:

Nope, haven't been posted yet. Let's see if we can find any interesting visuals.....

Ah, the full-courtroom view with the waitress behind the stand, and a pretty nice frontal shot of her, too. I didn't notice the apron before, though I guess that fits with the whole restaurant aspect.

Looks like we're going to investigate Phoenix's cell phone. It's the same one he's always had, right?

Ah, case 2. Is the film strip the preview for the crime of the case? If so, it seems pretty good. Also, a shot of that door without anyone standing in front of it; definately looks like someone really wanted to splash paint on it, more than we had realized before, at least. Also, a shot of the crime as it occurs, in black-and-white. Seems interesting. It's probably the victim?

Some nice shots of Odoroki and Kyouya in court, and Minuki as co-council on the last page. Aside from that, it seems more of the same case 1/2 stuff.

We need someone to translate this, definately. Odoroki

Struck by a blunt objection

WTF, Missile vest and badger shirt? Not just that, but a gangsta-badger shirt? Ack

[Watchin' you]

Looks like I have something better to go by in regards to that smily.
Alterations are in order.
And those shots are awesome. =o Good find~!

Master of sharp things!

Mikker wrote:
WTF, Missile vest and badger shirt? Not just that, but a gangsta-badger shirt? Ack

Woah! Ack I can't believe I missed the "Blue-Gangsta" shirt! I wonder why he has one to begin with.... and how the BB got the sunglasses and goatee. >_>;

EDIT: Also, it seems Minuki may have adopted one of Ema's old mannerisms. Specifically, in the co-council view, she's making the exact same pose Ema did whenever she went "it's just a flesh wound, Mr. Wright!" at the end of a testimony in AA1 Case 5.

Deputy of Self-Esteem

>.> Where are you guys seeing these?
Bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump

She knows she's hot...

I don't think the jacket is of missile. I think they're foxes, to go along with Takita's motif it seems. Look at the graffiti on the door behind Broom Lady. Looks like a fox logo.

However, that is most DEFINITELY Gangsta Badger on his t-shirt.

Guess the Blue Badger became popular enough for knockoffs. I bet Gumshoe has to be proud to have his version of the Badger on the level of the likes of Bugs Bunny and Spongebob, as far as having 'thuggish' reimaging for t-shirts. Gymshoe
Proud Phoenix/Maya shipper! Image (props to LySs for the smiley!)

Just Chiko

... He had the same phone for the past 8 years... ... ...? Could it even get reception or work...?

That's definitely a Blue Badger - Gangsta Badger... And that's not Missile on the vest, they are just foxes... (Look on at his hair - it resembles a fox.) I think he and the Broom Lady are in the same case...

I'm still here! If you recognize me. t.t

Wooster wrote:
>.> Where are you guys seeing these?

Don't worry, it's not that obvious. Took me a while too. Nick

Here we go.

俺の黄金の魔女

Heh, I like Kyouya's use of English.

The foxy ladies can't resist my sandwich

Is it english....or engrish?
fuck

Queen Of The Mods

English? Where?
And damn, that Blue Badger is bad-ass. Hobohodo

俺の黄金の魔女

In the screens just posted. "Nonsense" and "accident" respectively. (I don't think you can really call that Engrish since it's in katakana, but...)

Built For The Kill

We've got some new scans, but STILL no new Broom Lady info?! Do the producers of GS4 hate Mayoi that much?

*Shot*

Okay, kidding. And, yeah, it's pretty apparent that Kyouya's saying some "English" words there. It's katakana, so I'm not sure if it qualifies as "Engrish"... Compared to Zero Wing, at least. :/

... And Takita's starting to look too much like a Naruto character. -.-
I do not tolerate bullies. Good day.

nuuuuu, stoooooop

It's not that uncommon. Or at least, you hear "nonsense" spoken in English in anime all the time. Though it may be part of the "he speaks like a singer" comment the staff made earlier.
ImageImage

Famitsu scan.

http://ranobe.com/up/src/up183579.jpg
http://ranobe.com/up/src/up183580.jpg

Takita's family name is Kitaki.
北木
きたき
Kitaki

Kitaki Takita

Kita x3. It's nice joke.

The jury system is handled in GS4.
*In Japan, The jury system is scheduled to start in several years.
日本在住の日本人。

nuuuuu, stoooooop

kita KITA KITAAAAAAA!!!!! hahaha, I like that a lot. Gant And I was right about Takita being a thug.

But...Jury Trial? Very curious indeed!
ImageImage

So moe for Makoto it's funny.

So wait, we don't deal with just Udgey anymore?

We now have to convince a JURY of idiots? >.>
Image (Awesome sig art by Axl99!)

Prufursurnkfa fushcatchurrr

Can't be too sure though. Every jury member could stand for one "life".

Master of sharp things!

A jury, huh? I wonder if it'll really be a jury trial, or just reasonings on why they don't use juries anymore.

Built For The Kill

Jury Trial?

Well, that's definitely a new feature, alright! I wonder how it'll go about in GS4, though...
I do not tolerate bullies. Good day.

http://www.famitsu.com/game/coming/2007 ... 1,0,0.html

日本在住の日本人。

I wonder if the guy at the Detention Center is the same guy from PW 1-3 Yanni Yogi

Master of sharp things!

Ah, in-game screenshots this time. I see the court in the bottom screen is the new version.... I wonder what the waitress is saying on the stand. And why her name still hasn't been revealed, for thatmatter.

Mastermind wrote:
I wonder if the guy at the Detention Center is the same guy from PW 1-3 Yanni Yogi

His name's Takita, and no, he isn't a returning character.
Page 8 of 15 [ 565 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 15  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » The Hydeout (GS4)