Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » The Hydeout (GS4)

Page 1 of 4[ 143 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Maya or TrucyTopic%20Title

HOLD IT!

I admit I liked Maya better to start with but I'm actually starting to like Trucy's character better. Trucy actually does something unlike Maya who only summons Mia to help. Trucy defends better than you do. Not only that but she has the Incredible MR HAT! :minuki:
Re: Maya or TrucyTopic%20Title

The Law is just a Game...

Trucy had redeeming qualities.

I vote Trucy.
Imagesig by Rhia
My Trial Record, 14-0. I support Klavi & Krissi.

Where there is a law, I'll enforce it!
Where there is a crime, I'll prosecute it!
Where there is a victim, I'll fight for them!

I'm ready Your Honor! :D

I would say it's a tie...because they both make the main characters(Apollo/Phoenix)look good, but if Trucy was with Phoenix and Maya was with Apollo...then Trucy FTW!
^ L from Death Note, but I edited it a little for me :]

Writer Awakened need Klavi avatar BADLY!

Location: In a place where Klavilami, Klavilana, and Sassyhobo run free and Klavier slowdances with Iris

Agent J wrote:
Trucy defends better than you do.

See, that's the thing. I actually liked that Maya didn't seem to know everything about everything. Maya's awesome...but Trucy's cool, too. Trucy and her "magic panties" XD.

And Mr. Hat is deserving of a fanthread of his own.

True love is forever.

As much as I like Maya, I do think I prefer Trucy. Trucy actually contributes in the game and she can manage to stay out of trouble. Maya needed saving every two minutes which kind of cut down on the amount of help she could be. Besides, despite the fact that Trucy is younger, she seems to be a lot more mature than Maya much of the time. You still see that immaturity at times, but its less frequent and more acceptable in a fifteen year old rather than a seventeen to nineteen year old (Maya matured a bit through the games, but she still acted way younger than her actual age most of the time. It could be cute, but it got annoying at times). Besides, magic is cool.
Proud Supporter of Phoenix/Iris, Ron/Dessie, Klavier/Ema, and Apollo/Vera
Fanfics Updated-12/25

session sessionista

Actually, I wasn't expecting it at all since I love Maya, but I think I like Trucy at least twice as much as I like her. So Trucy all the way. :minuki:

Prufursurnkfa fushcatchurrr

Trucy seems far more helpful, but that's also because Apollo's so dumb :p

I'm liking Trucy more at this point in time. I'm in the middle of 4-3 right now, and if choosing who I'd want as a sidekick, I'd go for Trucy. She's just so darn cute! And helpful to boot. Minus the pointless emotional outbursts (sorry Maya.. I love you too.. emotional outbursts and all <3)

Spoiler: AJ 4-2 spoilers
And she chooses to make herself the damsel in distress.. how cool is that?? :edgy:
Although she does say "panties" a bit too much xD.. *bricked*

And yea I agree.. Apollo does seem pretty .. useless. I mean.. I find myself figuring things out before him a lot more than when I was dealing with Phoenix.

Prufursurnkfa fushcatchurrr

Aevitas wrote:
And yea I agree.. Apollo does seem pretty .. useless. I mean.. I find myself figuring things out before him a lot more than when I was dealing with Phoenix.

Well, maybe that's the point later in time - to make it a harder game by not having Phoenix's inner thoughts spoil all the hard work for you? Although as of now, Trucy and Klavier do that.

call me crazy

Trucy by far. I still like Maya despite her own negative aspects, but Trucy has more redeeming qualities that make her awesome. I mean helpful, adorable, and you just got to love those panties. Heck she's a closet loli-pervert and she doesn't realize it. :minuki:

I just wonder what Ganon's up to... :)

That's a hard choice... XD I liked Trucy more than Maya, but she needs to stop helping out so much and Apollo needs to get less dumb. :B
Magic panties ftw~

Four is Death

I haven't even played AJ and I can say that Trucy's better.

Trucy.

no, nothing

Am I the only one who likes Maya over Trucy? Okay, so Trucy's more helpful and knows more or whatever. I liked that about Maya. Trucy seems to actually defend instead of Apollo on occasion, which annoys me to no end. :grey: SHE'S JUST SO ANNOYING. Also, her name is incredibly retarded.

I don't know, maybe I haven't had the time to get attached to her character yet, but I loved the way Maya and Phoenix interacted. It was so natural, and I really liked it. I miss Maya. :'(

Trucy does have Mr. Hat, though. That's a redeeming quality.

Dark Moogle

Wow! Honestly I came in thinking Maya would be getting most of the love considering how many fans love her but I'm happy to see lots of people warmed up to Trucy.

As for my vote? Trucy. She's smart, helpful, and an all-around nice character that never gets annoying. She seems mature for her age. I love how she seems to get along with everyone too. I think if Maya met her, they'd get along real well, esp. if she knew Trucy was Nick's daughter.

Loved her when she was teasing Apollo about the panties and looking through garbage cans! And who can forget The Amazing Mr. Hat!

...Hopefully someday... xD

I think my choice would be Trucy.
Not sure why....
ImageImageImageImage

Trucy because by T&T I couldnt stand Maya and Phoenix's bickering and I just thought why cant she just die already? That and the Magic Panties talk made me lol so badly and shes smarter than Cutman XD

I like both Trucy and Maya but I like Trucy more.

I did think her refusal in court to give you any information about the magic trick was kind of annoying. If she had given a small hint at least, I wouldn't have minded it as much.

Writer Awakened need Klavi avatar BADLY!

Location: In a place where Klavilami, Klavilana, and Sassyhobo run free and Klavier slowdances with Iris

Gozu wrote:
Am I the only one who likes Maya over Trucy? Okay, so Trucy's more helpful and knows more or whatever. I liked that about Maya. Trucy seems to actually defend instead of Apollo on occasion, which annoys me to no end. :grey: SHE'S JUST SO ANNOYING. Also, her name is incredibly retarded.

I don't know, maybe I haven't had the time to get attached to her character yet, but I loved the way Maya and Phoenix interacted. It was so natural, and I really liked it. I miss Maya. :'(

Trucy does have Mr. Hat, though. That's a redeeming quality.

Hey, I agreed with the preferring Maya part! :acro: (though Trucy is still adorable...little Trucy won me over with her precociousness.) :minuki:

Actually, it is kinda surprising the turn-out so far...but what about the "easy answer"? Maya+Trucy+Pearl. Fun = had. Choice = made. :will:

Violet Blu; KristophxViola Supporter

I think I'm going to have to pick Trucy.
Trucy has Mr.Hat, and Mr.Hat rocks.
Also her and her panties were freaking hilarious!
And her overall look was better than Maya's...
And she's also just so adorable<3
Hehe.
And she's actually a lot of help.
So Trucy is going to have to be my answer.
Sowwi Mystic Maya.
Don't forget the past...
Sig by Donald_S; Avi by Slezak
Married to Slezak<3<3<3<3<3
Proud mother to IrisWright<3

Eh, they both complement their respective main characters well. Apollo is so twitchy that having someone like Trucy to drive him up the wall is great fun; Phoenix needed the emotional support more. (I'm in the Maya-was-actually-quite-mature camp -- I think a lot of the silliness was both her and Phoenix deadpanning at each other.)

Watching Phoenix and a Trucy-like (i.e. not his daughter, but a sidekick with her style) would get over-the-top sarcastic fast; Apollo + Maya would get boring.

Hi

Maya.

Trucy's little stunt in 4-2 really put me off her. It was a clever introduction to Mr. Hat but couldn't she have found some other way to tell Apollo about his habit? Then there's the fact that she's actually smart which distracts from the gameplay. Then there's that she still calls Apollo "Polly" despite him saying "No nicknames please". Then she has the whole girly girl thing going on which I find extremely annoying. The only thing I prefer about Trucy is her smile and her bounce ;o; so cute.

She just seemed to annoy me a lot more than Maya.

Goe 2 skool luerning

Trucy.

I knew I would like her when I first saw her. Just so adorable...
It's gotta be the top hat. There's gotta be some sort of hypnotizing device under there.

And Mr. Hat uses it to his advantage.
Whyyy, Trucy!?

I may or may not be here.

I think it's pretty obvious who I like more. :minuki: <3 FTW!
ImageImage

Story writer and music lover.

I like both Maya and Trucy.

But I find Apollo and Trucy's conversations a bit funnier than Maya and Phoenix's, so I will have to pick Trucy.
--Millini (Official CR Rock Prince and Gavinism convert.)

ALBATROSS!

At this point it's still Maya for me. Trucy is amazing, but Maya's been here longer, so I know her better. I will say this, though: Trucy left a bigger first impression, so we'll see what happens in the next game.

And even though Trucy's theme rocks, I'm still gonna miss the Fey Sister's theme. That one was one of my favorites.

Judi Shall, Ace Detective

Even though I've never played GS4(or should I say AJ now?), I'm leaning to Trucy. But I can't give up Maya THAT quickly...
Avatar by the lovely Vicki/Base by CHAMA

FOXHOUND: Join the Revolution!
Follow That Gunshot Sound: An AU!AA Fic

I may or may not be here.

MonkeyPlaypen wrote:
And even though Trucy's theme rocks, I'm still gonna miss the Fey Sister's theme. That one was one of my favorites.

Yes, that was one of my favorite ones too. (Second only to Fragrance of Dark Coffee.)
ImageImage

Narumitsu > All

Maya...>.> I just don't see the appeal in Trucy. She's too...magical, I think. And for the record, Godot's theme does pwn the world. (^)

Team Stepladder

I vote... Trucy. Surprisingly, I find her less annoying, and cuter. The Amazing Mr. Hat's pretty fun, and she can actually look sad, while Maya's sad sprites... she's only really got one, and I don't like it much.

Though 3-3 and 3-5 Maya's are nice, Trucy still wins.

Trucy > Pearl > Maya, anyone?
Oh, Nick. When will you ever learn?

I will protect you....Fräulein

Trucy. She has a happy character and she is less annoying than Maya is. Plus, she's younger with Mr. Hat!
Thanks DarzieP for this sweet sig and avatar!!!!!
Gamertag:Gameplayer291

Go Masterball!

This is a toughie...

Hmm... My favorite side along character would probably have to be Maya. But it's a really close call...

Mafia- Serious Business..lol

Maya is okay but I do like Trucy more for a number of reasons.

1. Trucy is very smart. Obviously she's been listening to Phoenix over the years because she seems to catch on to things quicker than Apollo does according to the game.

2. She has a lot of character depth. Okay Maya has that too I admit. But here's the whole thing with Maya.

Maya:
Vanished mother
Dead sister
Pressure to be the next master of Kurain

Trucy:
Dead/Vanished mother.
Vanished real father.
Spoiler: 4-4 spoiler
Accidentally gave Nick forged evidence (not that she knew)

Adopted by now unemployed attorney.

Plus you can easily sympathize with Maya a bit more. She still had Pearl and Morgan (even if Morgan turned out to be an evil bitch) to take care of her. But Trucy had no one. Both her mom and dad were gone and she had no real family that she knew of. Sure Nick was there, but that didn't mean she was always completely happy. After all- if your dad all the sudden just vanished and you think he might be dead and then you have no clue what happened to your mother how would you feel. Sorry, but Maya just isn't a character you can emotionally connect to like Trucy.

3. She has the Trucy/Minuki system. Much more useful in court than a magatama outside of court, I say.
Random Ace Attorney 'Shipper From Hell approves of Franziska/Adrian >;D

King of Braves

I actually prefer Maya at this point, and I think it's because of the banter between her and Nick. Trucy had Nick raising her for seven years, so she's adopted his train of thought to the point that you may as well just have him assisting Apollo. Also, the thing with Mr. Hat in 4-2? CHEAP. Don't get me wrong, I still like Trucy, but she's yet to grow on me the way Maya has.

Suzumiya Haruhi: Ace Attorney

I prefer Trucy. She's USEFUL when it comes to the cases, unlike Maya.

Maya gets kidnapped. Trucy uses Mr. Hat to pretend she's getting kidnapped to help Apollo.
I have no Photoshop skills, so I have no sig. Boo...

PLEASE SWIM WITH MEEEEEE!!

Trucy, hands down. Not for any reason that hasn't been said already.

Cute, helpful, magical...and cute. :edgy:
Work in progress. Avatar by Wrestlemania, if my memory is right.

I'll ship who I want to :D

Trucy by a LANDSLIDE!

And I love it when she talks about her daddy (poor Phoenix... he's such a loser, and a bit bitter internally, but I love him still).. OH and her interactions with Apollo are adorable.. just their conversations and his inner thoughts of her back and forth make me squee

Yeah, hated Maya. Trucy's one of the few female characters I actually enjoy (only on case three though, so who knows what my opinions will be of her later on).

nuuuuu, stoooooop

Wow, lots of Trucy love <3

I have to pick Trucy, too. Maybe by GS6 I'll be sick of her, if she's been kidnapped or arrested 20 times by then, because that's what put me off to Maya the most. Maya's not bad but by T&T I was sick of her being a nuisance and not really contributing much. Trucy helps a little *too* much sometimes, but at least she's more than just a Summon Mia Service.

I also really like that Trucy has a great deal of maturity for a 15 year old, in terms of taking care of herself - and *wanting* to take care of herself. Her cheerfully taking tips from Eldoon about how to run a business was really endearing to me, because I'm so used to hearing stories about kids (and adults my own age :sadshoe: ) who just whine all the time about not wanting to work and be independent.

In fact, Maya seems a little spoiled by comparison: she wasn't working ever, so she was just living off family money while she avoided her training and responsibilities. She had her reasons, but I can respect Trucy so much more for being willing to provide for herself, and even taking a great deal of pride in her success. Phoenix may not be the most responsible father, but he raised a responsible girl somehow! :redd:

The only thing I don't like about Trucy is that she seems very...unaffected by a lot of things. There were several important things that happened to her through the game, but we only get a surface look at how she feels about them. I hope by GS5 we're able to see another side of her as well.
ImageImage

Croik wrote:
The only thing I don't like about Trucy is that she seems very...unaffected by a lot of things. There were several important things that happened to her through the game, but we only get a surface look at how she feels about them. I hope by GS5 we're able to see another side of her as well.

I agree. There aren't too many times when we actually see her sad, but I guess that's part of her charm. We do know for certain that events DO affect her though.

Spoiler: ending
When Phoenix talks about her and says he's the only one who truly knows how she feels, and we see her sprite shed a tear.

I can only guess that also as a magician, she knows when she's "on stage" and needs to hold in her emotions. She needed to be strong for Apollo in the courtroom and she was just that until no one was watching her and counting on her strength. That takes a whole lot of maturity for a girl in her teens.

Haruhi MY LOVE

Tie because maya with her love of burgers and spirt channeling and trucy because her magic and her powers like apollo.

HARUHI!!!!!!!
Page 1 of 4 [ 143 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » The Hydeout (GS4)