Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » The Hydeout (GS4)

Page 17 of 21[ 834 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

Re: GS4 Contradictions (Spoilers, almost every case)Topic%20Title

Ready to RAWK!?

Croik wrote:
There is no "contradiction" in the fact that Maya etc don't appear in the game. This is a thread for contradictions. I.E this is not the thread for discussing Maya not being in the game.

Wrestlemania wrote:
If you want a contradiction, the CLOSEST you can get is "Maya wasn't in the courtroom with Phoenix as his Aide during his final trial", but that can be explained away with numerous examples, so it doesn't really count

I think this is the second time I've had to point out a possible look-over in my own post now... :butz:
Image Image Image Image
Posted by Request.
Sig by Elriel. Avatar taken from a YouTube video of Rawk Hawk's Theme.
Sig changed on December 08, 2008. Avatar changed on December 14, 2008.

i feel pretty

Wrestlemania wrote:

Lind_L_Tailor wrote:
Here's one for 4-3 - this is set in 2025/2026, right? then why is it they are STILL using videotapes? seriously, get a DVD player already!

At least it's in colour by this point!

Oh yeah! i forgot about the 1-5 tape.

call me crazy

As a matter of fact, wouldn't they have discovered something more convenient than DVDs by then at least?

I mean the rate of how our real-world technology is going and all....

nuuuuu, stoooooop

Watatata~! wrote:
As a matter of fact, wouldn't they have discovered something more convenient than DVDs by then at least?

Like Blu Ray....!!?? But this is a Nintendo game!!!!!! :beef:

I guess it's just easier to use what people are most familiar with.
ImageImage

Ready to RAWK!?

Croik wrote:
Watatata~! wrote:

Like Blu Ray....!!?? But this is a Nintendo game!!!!!! :beef:

I guess it's just easier to use what people are most familiar with.

I laughed like heck at the first part of that response. :edgy:
Image Image Image Image
Posted by Request.

i feel pretty

I'm not sure if this counts as a contradiction, but
Spoiler: 4-4
Wouldn't custody of Trucy go to Valant?

nuuuuu, stoooooop

Lind_L_Tailor wrote:

He wasn't a blood relative, plus he was still half-suspicious of murder. I'm not sure Trucy's custody was ever handled in a legal way...
ImageImage

i feel pretty

Croik wrote:
Lind_L_Tailor wrote:

He wasn't a blood relative, plus he was still half-suspicious of murder. I'm not sure Trucy's custody was ever handled in a legal way...

:larry: i weep for the legal system of the future.

Sparkling Jewel

Lind_L_Tailor wrote:
Croik wrote:
Lind_L_Tailor wrote:

:larry: i weep for the legal system of the future.

Spoiler:
Hey, I believe that Phoenix DID look around for people to take Trucy in, but found none. It was at least kinda legal.
Plus, I'm sure Phoenix legally adopted her, or he wouldn't dare make the statement that she was his daughter in a court of law.
...Actually, scratch that, he probably would. :hobohodo: :minuki: Little deviants.

i feel pretty

I'm almost positive that there is something wrong with this explanation, but i might have a way to explain the bottle paradox.
Spoiler: 4-1
Why do we think that the bottle is the murder weapon? the only reasons that i can surmise are that there could have been some kind of sign someone was hit with it. and as we now know, that person could have just been olga orly. Kristoph could have brought a weapon with him (in fact, that seems likely), and having obviously witnessed Olga being hit with the bottle, figured out a plan to make it look like the bottle was the murder weapon. Zak could have just swung with no lethal intent (considering the fact that Olga is alive this seems very likely), and the bottle didn't break as a result. of course, this would still have to be a strong f***ing bottle :yuusaku: , but i suppose it makes sense.

hate mail to the usual address :sadshoe: .

nuuuuu, stoooooop

The reason the police automatically assume it's the murder weapon is because Zak died of trauma to the head, and the bottle had Phoenix's upside-down fingerprints on it, as if it had been wielded as a weapon. Once Phoenix/Apollo prove that the bottle was actually switched with one from upstairs, its significance becomes obvious.
ImageImage

Powers Fan

But don't modern courtrooms still use sketches and stenographers?O_o

As for the Valant thing, there are some other possibilities. One, he might have left as soon as he was released from the detention center. Two, he and/or Phoenix didn't think that a life of travelling and complete uncertainty would be good for Trucy. Three, aside from the police suspicions against him, Phoenix knew he had tampered with the crime scene and still thought him to be the murderer. Four, Valant probably felt he didn't deserve to face Trucy. After all, in a way, what happened was his fault. If he had not tampered with the crime scene, Zak likely would not have been arrested, preventing many of the following tragedies.
:agent-Smith: "You just wish you could talk in Webdings."

Come play Ghost Trick Mafia!

i feel pretty

Croik wrote:
The reason the police automatically assume it's the murder weapon is because Zak died of trauma to the head, and the bottle had Phoenix's upside-down fingerprints on it, as if it had been wielded as a weapon. Once Phoenix/Apollo prove that the bottle was actually switched with one from upstairs, its significance becomes obvious.

True, but Kristoph might have figured out they would come to that conclusion. and hell, if he can draw attention away from the true weapon, all the better for him.

also, here's a new one... how did the police wind up arresting Wocky? I mean, Wesley Stickler witnessed the whole thing, but presumably he didn't know who he was (considering the thing about Little Plum Kitaki's bloomers). and obviously he would have run. Stickler probably couldn't have described Wocky too well, considering the whole mistake about the gun/shiv.

Ready to RAWK!?

Lind_L_Tailor wrote:
also, here's a new one... how did the police wind up arresting Wocky? I mean, Wesley Stickler witnessed the whole thing, but presumably he didn't know who he was (considering the thing about Little Plum Kitaki's bloomers). and obviously he would have run. Stickler probably couldn't have described Wocky too well, considering the whole mistake about the gun/shiv.

Remember that Wocky kept SAYING that he killed Pal Meraktis... Something tells me that even the PW Police Force would suspect him if he was claiming admittance to the crime... :gymshoe:
Image Image Image Image
Posted by Request.

i feel pretty

Wrestlemania wrote:
Lind_L_Tailor wrote:

Remember that Wocky kept SAYING that he killed Pal Meraktis... Something tells me that even the PW Police Force would suspect him if he was claiming admittance to the crime... :gymshoe:

Yeah, but somehow i don't see :karate: actually going to the police to confess... oh well, guess i'm just old-fashioned that way.

SHINing key~kayfaradaylove.

Location: sydney the land of the crap transport system RISE AND KILL~

4-4 yea, so TEHRES A VIDEO CAMRA IN MAH BEANEH BADGE! that'd be cool, i can spy on the guy at the back of the bus. :yogi: at least they got some part of the future correct. cut them sum slack.
SHINee|B2ST|빅뱅i|U-KISS|2AM|4minute|2NE1|SNSD<3
"people who always eat instant noodles never die." taboo_neku

i feel pretty

kazzy wrote:
4-4 yea, so TEHRES A VIDEO CAMRA IN MAH BEANEH BADGE! that'd be cool, i can spy on the guy at the back of the bus. :yogi: at least they got some part of the future correct. cut them sum slack.

Excuse me, but how is this a contradiction?

i feel pretty

I can't remember if this contradiction was posted in this thread or somewhere else, but i seem to remember someone wondering how LeTouse didn't know who killed him. here's a possible explanation - you remember there was a wall dividing Lami's dressing room? Daryan could've heard him talking outside the room about the whole interpol bust (on the phone, obviously), and hidden behind that wall. then, as soon as he finished his conversation, grabbed the gun out of LeTouse's pocket or something, and in his haste, missed the first shot, then shooting LeTouse to the floor and dashing before he had a chance to see him. anyone see a problem with that :zenitora: ?

i feel pretty

Here's a sort-of contradiction. Why couldn't Meraktis just say to the Kitakis "I'm sorry, but this operation is too risky for my hands. you'll have to find a better doctor"? I doubt the Kitakis woulda killed him for being the bearer of bad news...

nuuuuu, stoooooop

Lind...! You're gonna drive me crazy, at least let people reply to you before you keep posting.

In Wocky's case, a known mob doctor was killed right outside the Kitaki mansion, plus Wocky's shiv was discovered at the crime scene with his fingerprints all over it. They had every reason to question the Kitaki, and wince Wocky was openly admitting that he killed him, that would have been a very easy arrest.

The fact that LeTouse did not know who killed him is a little funky, but there's also the possibility that he saw him and didn't know his name, so when Apollo asked "Who killed you?" he couldn't answer. Maybe he could have said "That guy with the penis hair" but his mind was already on Lamiroir and he thought of that first... It's clumsy all over but it's not really a contradiction.

Quote:
I doubt the Kitakis woulda killed him for being the bearer of bad news...

Actually, that's the sort of thing gangsters do... >.>
ImageImage

i feel pretty

Croik wrote:
Lind...! You're gonna drive me crazy, at least let people reply to you before you keep posting.

In Wocky's case, a known mob doctor was killed right outside the Kitaki mansion, plus Wocky's shiv was discovered at the crime scene with his fingerprints all over it. They had every reason to question the Kitaki, and wince Wocky was openly admitting that he killed him, that would have been a very easy arrest.

The fact that LeTouse did not know who killed him is a little funky, but there's also the possibility that he saw him and didn't know his name, so when Apollo asked "Who killed you?" he couldn't answer. Maybe he could have said "That guy with the penis hair" but his mind was already on Lamiroir and he thought of that first... It's clumsy all over but it's not really a contradiction.

Quote:
I doubt the Kitakis woulda killed him for being the bearer of bad news...

Actually, that's the sort of thing gangsters do... >.>

sorry... i guess i need to lurk moar. i had figured out the whole fingerprints thing a couple days back, but forgot to post it... anyway, i doubt LeTouse wouldn't have known Daryan, considering his superstar status AND the fact that Lamiroir was supporting his band. Still, you're right. this is not a contradiction as there are any number of explanations. anyway, i gotta stop making so many posts... i think i had made less than 100 3 days ago, now look! (looks for something better to do)

EDIT: i didn't find it :sadshoe: ...

I don't know if it's an actual contradiction but how did Pheonix get the camera/badge? I mean he didn't have any contact with Ema when she was in Europe did he? :hobohodo:

Powers Fan

I could see her giving it to him before she left. After all, he had just saved her sister from being convicted of murder, and he also brought them closer. There's also the possibility that there was some contact between them, in the form of letters or something, and he requested some kind of hidden camera. It could have also been done through Lana. I think she gave him the badge prior to leaving-after that case with Lana,-but maybe installed the camera after meeting Phoenix again later, at his request or after hearing what he planned/needed to do.

It's almost certain that Letouse saw his killer, given the bullet holes in the wall. Even if he was shot from behind, Daryan would have to be by the small window, and there's really nowhere to hide. Also, there was almost definitely a struggle between the two. Daryan had to steal the gun, and LeTouse managed to steal the keys. However, Daryan states that he and LeTouse never met face to face, and doesn't Klavier back this up? So, even if LeTouse saw his killer, he wouldn't know who it was.

eight bit goddess

I've come to the conclusion that almost all the contradictions in 4-3 can be chalked up to people being really stupid.

i feel pretty

TheSteelSamurai wrote:
I could see her giving it to him before she left. After all, he had just saved her sister from being convicted of murder, and he also brought them closer. There's also the possibility that there was some contact between them, in the form of letters or something, and he requested some kind of hidden camera. It could have also been done through Lana. I think she gave him the badge prior to leaving-after that case with Lana,-but maybe installed the camera after meeting Phoenix again later, at his request or after hearing what he planned/needed to do.

It's almost certain that Letouse saw his killer, given the bullet holes in the wall. Even if he was shot from behind, Daryan would have to be by the small window, and there's really nowhere to hide. Also, there was almost definitely a struggle between the two. Daryan had to steal the gun, and LeTouse managed to steal the keys. However, Daryan states that he and LeTouse never met face to face, and doesn't Klavier back this up? So, even if LeTouse saw his killer, he wouldn't know who it was.

Erm... nowhere to hide? Not even perhaps that big wall in the middle of the room? (though :pencileraser: would have more difficulty than anyone, i suppose)
Also, i don't really see why the bullet holes prove anything.

Wait... what?

Croik wrote:
Lind_L_Tailor wrote:

In 4-1, Payne did say they checked whether or not Trucy was Phoenix' daughter and he said that was the case, so it probably has to have been handled legally, or a prosecutor wouldn't say that.
My real name is Adrie, so yes, I did make this.

Ready to RAWK!?

Ap Zwanenberg wrote:
Croik wrote:
Lind_L_Tailor wrote:

In 4-1, Payne did say they checked whether or not Trucy was Phoenix' daughter and he said that was the case, so it probably has to have been handled legally, or a prosecutor wouldn't say that.

To be more specific, he checked if the "girl in the photo" was Phoenix's Daughter. He probably just asked her or something, since I highly doubt they would've done a forensics test on someone for something not even remotely related to the case... They were trying to figure out who killed Shadi Smith. They weren't trying to determine who the father of Trucy was, just that the girl in the picture was Phoenix's "Daughter".
Image Image Image Image
Posted by Request.

i feel pretty

Wrestlemania wrote:
Ap Zwanenberg wrote:
Croik wrote:

To be more specific, he checked if the "girl in the photo" was Phoenix's Daughter. He probably just asked her or something, since I highly doubt they would've done a forensics test on someone for something not even remotely related to the case... They were trying to figure out who killed Shadi Smith. They weren't trying to determine who the father of Trucy was, just that the girl in the picture was Phoenix's "Daughter".

If you think about it, imagine if they had done a DNA test... that would'a been weird.

Ready to RAWK!?

Lind_L_Tailor wrote:
If you think about it, imagine if they had done a DNA test... that would'a been weird.

Winston Payne would've spoiled one of the most important plot points! :beef:
Image Image Image Image
Posted by Request.

Spoiler:
In... whatever
Odoroki and Minuki can "minuku" a person because they have the ring and the magician blood.
But It was mentioned by Minuki that Phoenix can do it to win poker too. But he doesn't have the ring or the magician DNA......

I thought it was because Phoenix had a weaker version of it.
Spoiler:
Because if he didn't have it at all,then :varanbaran: wouldn't have had to test him with poker.

Thx Vicki for the nice signature! =)

i feel pretty

jlinnov wrote:
Spoiler:
In... whatever
Odoroki and Minuki can "minuku" a person because they have the ring and the magician blood.
But It was mentioned by Minuki that Phoenix can do it to win poker too. But he doesn't have the ring or the magician DNA......

I thought it was because Phoenix had a weaker version of it.
Spoiler:
Because if he didn't have it at all,then :varanbaran: wouldn't have had to test him with poker.

OK, first, Phoenix just has a gift for working out peoples "tells". What Apollo/Trucy have is just an extreme version of that. Second, it was Zak, not Valant, who tested him with poker.

I know, Wright?

I thought Phoenix used the Magatama :yuusaku:

i feel pretty

Marshmello wrote:
I thought Phoenix used the Magatama :yuusaku:

I don't think that ever comes up... although it does make perfect sense.

eight bit goddess

Phoenix says at one point that he has Trucy with him for a lot of his big games. She does the perceive and I guess they have some secret code between them.

edit: wait maybe Trucy says that, I don't remember.

i feel pretty

La Diable wrote:
Phoenix says at one point that he has Trucy with him for a lot of his big games. She does the perceive and I guess they have some secret code between them.

edit: wait maybe Trucy says that, I don't remember.

Phoenix does. Trucy might have also said it, but Phoenix definitely does. Anyway, Phoenix does have good perception, which helps him do really well on his own merits when Trucy isn't around.

During case 1 Payne says the borscht bowl club is a russian club, however the judge in the last case mentions it's a chinese restaurant.

i feel pretty

Shadoninja wrote:
During case 1 Payne says the borscht bowl club is a russian club, however the judge in the last case mentions it's a chinese restaurant.

Yeah... I think that's less a contradiction and more the judge being an idiot.

Ready to RAWK!?

Shadoninja wrote:

Actually, that was an obvious error in the Judge's Speech... Or didn't you notice he also said "Poisoned" as the cause of death? :yuusaku: It was supposed to be a joke on how the Judge's memory is bad. (He says he would never forget the details of the case, yet he already DID forget the details! Heh...)
Image Image Image Image
Posted by Request.

Mr. Step-ladder

This MAY have been posted by now, but in case 4-1:

Spoiler:
Yor winning card, quite literally. The blood ace, was not clearly checked? Nor was it clear that it was registered as legit evidence, not to mention the actual blood wasn't tested.

Always strive to improve, not compare to others! - Arkillian
Purple Angel wins infinity cookies for this signiture! Who may come back soon!

Powers Fan

Most of the contradictions in 4-3 are legit, but the police were too stupid or didn't care enough to notice them.

The bullet holes prove the general location from which Daryan shot LeTouse. From that general area, it would seem unthinkable that LeTouse didn't see him. Also, we know there was a struggle, given the state of the room, the fact that the killer killed LeTouse with his own gun, and LeTouse had Klavier's keys.

Page 17 of 21 [ 834 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » The Hydeout (GS4)