Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » The Hydeout (GS4)

Page 1 of 1[ 8 posts ]

Just finished AJ:AA... (SPOILERS GALORE, ALL CASES FROM GS4)Topic%20Title

Edgey fan...

Wow, wow, wow.

I had an idea it was good... didn't quite see exactly HOW good. I just put a message on my AA-loving buddy's FB page, but I didn't spoil it too much, I hope.

My thoughts on each case are below, spoiler-tagged appropriately:

Spoiler: GS4-1
I was a bit intrigued by the bracelet. I had absolutely NO clue how vital it was.

Spoiler: GS4-2, along with some later cases
I was kinda surprised how greedy Alita Tiala was. I kinda figured she didn't love him (because most of those demure women in the series [] tend to be the most vile criminals imaginable. It started with April May, then it went to sevral other characters, including Dahlia Lithwick. And then we find Alita Tiala isn't exactly all she was cracked up to be. I wonder why Phoenix Wright got hit by the car. Did Kristoph Gavin have a hit out on him?

Spoiler: GS4-3
Wow, wasn't expecting either a) the Borginian cocoon smuggling, or b) the amount of involvement that Daryan had with the case. Whenever I see a character in this series, I either get a good feeling or a bad feeling. Daryan gave me a bad feeling, and didn't exactly dissuade me from my opinion. Lamiroir, on the other hand, gave me a good feeling. No wonder (as I will get to in just 1 more case)!

Spoiler: GS4-4
And now, the final case. Kristoph Gavin got exactly what was coming for him, and all of the plot threads not only got tied up, they got interwoven together to make a tapestry of crime, punishment, and redemption.

First, the crime. Kristoph Gavin thought he could get away with his crimes (including Shadi Smith/Zak Gramarye's murder). Thankfully, Justice was served... on a gigantic silver platter.

Then, we have the punishment. Kristoph got his just desserts, thank Goodness. The good guys usually win. And the punishment for Valant Gramarye was exactly the same. He had to live with his crime (the tampering of the IV bag) and the knowledge that he wasn't really the sole heir of the Gramarye magic.

Finally, redemption. I was not at ALL surprised that Lamiroir was the 6th Jurist. In fact, that only set up the true ending, which I totally did NOT expect! Vera finally got over her fear of the outside world, and Valant Gramarye got his redemption of sorts. And it turned out that even Klavier Gavin got redemption too. He got his brother put away for good, and he made a big-time name AND splash for himself and The Gavinners.

Speaking of which, the music in this was absolutely jaw-droppingly beautiful. Bravo Capcom, you did a brilliantly fantastic job.

Now, I should probably get the 3rd one, and play that one, if only to be able to hear Phoenix's OBJECTION!! again. How awesome was it that you got that nostalgia, while at the same time you got to finally get to the bottom of the whole seven year mystery. And the bracelets proved to be quite crucial. BRING ON GS5 ALREADY CAPCOM!!!!!

Okay, my spoilers are done. If you haven't played this, please, do yourself a favor, it's going to be wonderful for you. You don't have to have the backstory of the Gyakuten Saiban/Ace Attorney series to enjoy playing this game. And plus, since GS1 will be on WiiWare shortly, you no longer have an excuse. Get a DS, DS Lite, or a DSi and PLAY THIS GAME ALREADY!

BJ
Re: Just finished AJ:AA... (SPOILERS GALORE, ALL CASES FROM GS4)Topic%20Title

100% Juice

i just recently beat AJ too actually. I wasn't planning on playing AJ because I had borrowed all of the previous games from my friend who never bought AJ. however I couldn't hold out and ended up buying the game for myself. I have to say I love the characters but not so much the cases though it seemed you liked them lots.

Spoiler: 4-2
demure women sure are bad in this game aren't they. xD and kristoph had every appearance of a gentleman as well and look what happened. xD. anyway i don't like alita. not only she insult the kitaki family by trying to pull one over on them, she tried to insult apollo by thinking he would lose wocky's case. at least-- tht's what i thought she was trying to do correct me if i'm wrong.

Spoiler: 4-3
i also had bad feeling about Daryan. I was hoping for him to be the murderer the entire time! Now though after it was all said and done Daryan is my favorite minor character from the game! He had a lot of attitude.

Here's something i had on my mind. What is your thought on klavier? I feel like he got less development than any prosecutor so far and I can't find myself attached to him. If they make a next apollo justice i honastly want him to still be prosecutor so I can get to know him better. They way he behaved during the concert in 4-3 (diva much?) made me dislike him a bit but I am not holding a grudge

Time for you to sleep.

This is necessary?
Parents: Chloe, CoffeeProsecutor Brothers: K_V_N, Auraion, OriginalBubs Son: Rarikou
Thanks to Midnight Jasper for the stuff.

Shut up woman, get on my horse

BJWanlund wrote:
Spoiler: GS4-2, along with some later cases
I was kinda surprised how greedy Alita Tiala was. I kinda figured she didn't love him (because most of those demure women in the series [] tend to be the most vile criminals imaginable. It started with April May, then it went to sevral other characters, including Dahlia Lithwick. And then we find Alita Tiala isn't exactly all she was cracked up to be. I wonder why Phoenix Wright got hit by the car. Did Kristoph Gavin have a hit out on him?

A bit OT, but... since when is April May demure?

Edgey fan...

mikkimikka wrote:
Here's something i had on my mind. What is your thought on klavier? I feel like he got less development than any prosecutor so far and I can't find myself attached to him. If they make a next apollo justice i honastly want him to still be prosecutor so I can get to know him better. They way he behaved during the concert in 4-3 (diva much?) made me dislike him a bit but I am not holding a grudge

Nah, he got GREAT character development in this one. He did some amazing stuff, especially in the last case, and I liked him quite a bit.

And to respond to Fantasmically,
Spoiler: GS1-2
April May was demure (I mean "flirty" when I say that) when you first met her in the hotel as you were investigating Mia's death.

BJ

i'll get an avvy later

Now, my thoughts, at last.

Spoiler: Case 1
Like all people, we think that the first witness other than the defendant or Gumshoe is the killer. But with the fact that ORly dealed the cards, we know there's a 4th person. And that new style with moving stuff on the crime scene was awesome. And I just KNEW Gavin would come back to haunt me.

Spoiler: Case 2
Now, Phoenix has truly filled Mia's shoes here. He gave Apollo 3 pieces of crap, and he got logic'd into a murder case (as usual). There were still holes in the story, like a reason for the hit-and-run, and why Tiala hired a lawyer for Wocky. Another massive hole is the existence of Wocky x Pearl.

Spoiler: Case 3
We have incurred the wrath of Klavier Gavin now, folks. A burned guitar, missing keys, a missed cue, and a murder, all at once!
And to fill in your weird thoughts on you thinking of something when you think of Crescend, it's SHARKS.

Spoiler: Case 4
That case really drove me mad. We know of nothing behind the scenes, the paintings were of the 3 previous cases, and a large gap where Phoenix's last case should have been. But now, with that MASON crap, we know everything, and Kristoph right hand of the devil and his epic breakdown fill in every single gap.
Also, Lamiroir is Thalassa, and the Gavinners broke up.

Finally!!!
Spoiler: All AA games
the following people are EEEEEEEVIL:
karma, gant, morgan le fey, slashface aka engarde, penguin/atmey, black dahlia, and devil's hand (aka hirohiko aka figure it out yourself)

100% Juice

BJWanlund wrote:
mikkimikka wrote:

Nah, he got GREAT character development in this one. He did some amazing stuff, especially in the last case, and I liked him quite a bit.

And to respond to Fantasmically,
Spoiler: GS1-2
April May was demure (I mean "flirty" when I say that) when you first met her in the hotel as you were investigating Mia's death.

BJ

demure doesn't mean flirty i don't think.

anyway as far as klavier-- i guess he is just a huge difference from the other prosecutors (edgey, franzy, papa vK, payne, godot) we faced because they were a bit antagonistic. I dunno klavier from the start was just like "hi there i'm klavier" not to mention he doesn't hold grudges or take loses personally...

when you think of it that does make him a really good guy. but it also makes him sort of an enigma...

Spoiler: burning klavier questions
what are klavier's motivations? why is he a prosecutor instead of a defense like his bro? why did he study in germany? what are his true feelings about his bro? of course we see he is troubled by the turnout of his bro and daryan being not quite who he thought they were but he also seems a bit incomplete in that regard.

even franziska and miles we know how they felt but klavier it's strange. like he feels it but then covers it with a smile. i suppose you can say then that he's a deep character because there's a lot under the surface... but to be honest it just looks like the writers didn't think that far. he seems incomplete.

No avatar yet...soon ;3

Spoiler: burning klavier questions
what are klavier's motivations? why is he a prosecutor instead of a defense like his bro? why did he study in germany? what are his true feelings about his bro? of course we see he is troubled by the turnout of his bro and daryan being not quite who he thought they were but he also seems a bit incomplete in that regard.

even franziska and miles we know how they felt but klavier it's strange. like he feels it but then covers it with a smile. i suppose you can say then that he's a deep character because there's a lot under the surface... but to be honest it just looks like the writers didn't think that far. he seems incomplete.

I agree with you here. I do hope that we will get to know more about their past in the next game.
Too lazy to make an sig or avatar. Deal with it for a while.
Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » The Hydeout (GS4)