Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » The Hydeout (GS4)

Page 2 of 2[ 76 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Re: Freakiest aspect of the game?Topic%20Title

Max Sugar, No Taste

Old thread is old, but since I still am kinda AJ-newbie, I feel compelled to comment. :D

Definitely the perceive-system. I don't mind it as a game aspect, but gawd the music and the trippy background. Wth, Capcom. You could've made it look even remotely good.
Then there's Spark Brushel. Augh. I really really can't stand him. Especially not in the super-close range.
Same goes for Winston Payne's hair, which we thankfully don't have to perceive.
Banner by PandaPrinzessin

No squealing
remember that it's all in your head

Rookie Attorney...

"End quote freaks out forum member" end quote.
:egg: :apollo-shock:

Beautiful flower

From game:

All of Case 1 (I salute Apollo for bravely standing NEXT to a killer...)
The Perceive system (the music is very creepy, but gradually I get used to it)
Daryan's hair (how does that thing stay up?)
Drew's paintings (especially the 'burning Klavier' one, even if it's incorrect...)
Krstoph's nervous habit

From fandom:

Mostly incest/homo pairing...
Spoiler: Disturbing
The Trucy/Mr. Hat pairing. Seriously, WTF?!
Apollo/Trucy pairing. Even when people know they're siblings...
The Phoenix/Apollo pairing. I feel bad for them...
Gavincest...

People are entitled to their own opinion, but putting blatant incest/homo images as their avvie and sigs is just...getting on my nerves sometimes. :grey:
I'm most active on my tumblr.
Visit my Sprite edit thread

Your MOM reminds me of a puzzle.

Am I the only one who wasn't freaked out by the Perceive system? I thought it was pretty cool!

:hotti: will forever creep me out. They're supposed to be going to legit clinics and hospitals, not mental institutions that allow patients to act as doctors!
Image "WHERE ARE YOU TAKING ME, SIR?!"Image

Amabile Vendetta wrote:
All of the panties talk is a little weird. At least it's not constantly repeated, but when they mention it I get a giggle from it.

Spoiler: Something else...
The option of being able to show future evidence in the past (using the MASON System in case 4-4), well, shouldn't happen. I can't think of another way around doing that and solving the case though, so it's alright with me.

in the past click examine and pan right you will see the nail polish. Drew Misham doesnt let you take it because its precious to Vera (good luck charm) The one phoenix finds at kristophs cell looks to be the excact same brand/type of nail polish
I dont think he actually took it with him.

Vagrant wrote:
The likelihood that people were 'shipping' ApolloxTrudy before they finished the game.

Also, it was pretty freaky in a good "What does this mean?!" way when you discover the hidden paintings...

Okay i beat it now what? :3

Anyway i didnt get creeped out by anything expect
When you perceive kristoph and you can see his eyes when they look all evil and just had a "Im gonna kill you" look D: it creeped me out

Everything that :pft: does kinda creeps me out.

Perceiving also wins creepy points, mostly for the music.

asdfghjkl;

Knowing that Apollo blushes at the mention of Trucy's panties...especially since we know that
Spoiler:
they're half-related :lana: .

Call me James

Kristoph Gavin. 'Nuff said. :Kristoph-hair:
http://i.neoseeker.com/mgv/9935-Akira_E ... 44a161.gif

"I love the thrill of a good solution!"

Professor Yoshi wrote:

This.Who you gonna call? KRISTOPH BUSTERS! :odo-objection:
"Having a place to go — is a home. Having someone to love — is a family. Having both — is a blessing."

I'm bad at puzzle solving..

MiaFeyFan wrote:
Professor Yoshi wrote:

This.Who you gonna call? KRISTOPH BUSTERS! :odo-objection:

I love this post.

Also, the perceive system wasn't freaky to me, nor was perceiving the End Quote man. Kristoph's scar terrified me. I was like, 'What the hell?!'
Professor Layton & The Lost Future. Best game ever.

I live everywhere and nowhere, usually as Kumori. My YouTube is 'WoodULikeSumCatFood', shamelessly ripped from a friend of mine.

FVKWY wrote:
I love this post.

Also, the perceive system wasn't freaky to me, nor was perceiving the End Quote man. Kristoph's scar terrified me. I was like, 'What the hell?!'

"MiaFeyFan pretends she didn't here FVKWY on account of how she has not gotten to that point in the game yet" end quote.
Yeeea I felt baad vibes from Kristoph the moment he came on the screen. In the first case. When you first meet him.

((And yay! Someone likes my posts :D))
"Having a place to go — is a home. Having someone to love — is a family. Having both — is a blessing."

Let's get this party started.

Wocky. I thought he was going to attack me in the courtroom for accusing Alita! He was very protective!
Previously Amabile Vendetta.
Thanks to PandaPrinzessin for my avatar!

Beautiful flower

Professor Yoshi wrote:

What makes you think that? :garyuu:

Spoiler: NIGHTMARE FUEL!

Oh.

Mystic Ami's profile pic is creepy too, but I like it. It's now my avatar, slightly edited for more creepiness. :gant:

This is one more thing I found really freaky in the game. No, more like disturbing actually.

This is from 3-5, when he confronts Dahlia. It just seems so... wrong, seeing him saying that with a straight face. I felt a chill down my spine when that scene unfolds. :payne:

Beautiful flower

EDIT: Accidental double post, sorry.

Last edited by Chips on Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Beautiful flower

EDIT: Curse you, Internet! :zenitora:

OBJECTION!! *INSERT AWESOMNESS HERE*

I dunno if this is what you call 'creepy' :udgy: but Kristoph Gavin going to the most to kill (SPOILER) Zak Gramrye (however you spell his name :payne: ) cos he lost to a card game, and Nick won it and then killing Zak Gramarye and disbarring Nick ALL FOR A DAMN CARD GAME?? There's just something I don't understand... :think-think-think:
*CURRENTLY SETTING UP OFFICE. PLEASE STAND BY*

"Go on, you just keep running. But I'll always be there to bring you back!"
Axel (Lea)

I <3 Kingdom hearts.

Beautiful flower

aliceaceattorney wrote:
I dunno if this is what you call 'creepy' :udgy: but Kristoph Gavin going to the most to kill (SPOILER) Zak Gramrye (however you spell his name :payne: ) cos he lost to a card game, and Nick won it and then killing Zak Gramarye and disbarring Nick ALL FOR A DAMN CARD GAME?? There's just something I don't understand... :think-think-think:

*Gramarye

His obsession on getting everything for himself is creepy. :uramidn: However, I didn't give that much thought, since the game didn't straight told us his actual motive.

prosecuting never looked so good ;)

DARAYAN'S HAIR
seriously, am i the only one who finds it creepy. The amount of gel needed for it to keep it like that, and the people at CAPCOM had to know how phalic his hair looked and they even made him jerk it, T_T >o<.
this is what you have unleashed unto this world. :beef: :payne:
:pencileraser: :pencileraser: :pencileraser: :pencileraser: :pencileraser: :pencileraser: :pencileraser: :pencileraser: :pencileraser: :pencileraser: :pencileraser: :pencileraser: :pencileraser: :pencileraser: :pencileraser: :pencileraser: :pencileraser: :pencileraser: :pencileraser: :pencileraser: :pencileraser: :pencileraser: :pencileraser: :pencileraser: :pencileraser: :pencileraser: :pencileraser: :pencileraser: :pencileraser: :pencileraser: :pencileraser: :pencileraser: :pencileraser: :pencileraser: :pencileraser: :pencileraser: :pencileraser: :pencileraser: :pencileraser: :pencileraser: :pencileraser: :pencileraser: :pencileraser: :pencileraser: :pencileraser: :pencileraser: :pencileraser: :pencileraser: :pencileraser: :pencileraser: :pencileraser: :pencileraser: :pencileraser: :pencileraser: :pencileraser: :pencileraser: :pencileraser: :pencileraser: :pencileraser: :pencileraser:

see, this is the truth, plus kristoph's hand is creepy. :garyuu:
When life gives you lemons, leave them and get a lollipop instead.

CHOO CHOO! ALL ABOARD THE HYPE EXPRESS!

Quote:
*Gramarye

His obsession on getting everything for himself is creepy. :uramidn: However, I didn't give that much thought, since the game didn't straight told us his actual motive.

Right. Thnks. :will:
But the other thing is the second case in the first game i.e Turnabout Sisters. There in the investigation, when *SPOILER* The painting of the fishermen in Grodyburger's :grossburg: is gone, you go back to his office and ask him, you guess...the options are *MEGA ULTRA SUPER SPOILERS* 1.He's giving you information (ok) 2.He's blackmailing you (fine) 3.YOUR BOTH LOVERS (SRSLY WTF???) :edgeworth:

Axel (Lea)

I <3 Kingdom hearts.

Culinarily suggestible

The entire last case. Primarily because of the music plus..
Spoiler: 4-4, if it's still necessary to mark these
...talking with people you knew were going to die. Going to the Mishams' in the MASON section was so depressing. I just felt so bad for Drew especially, hopelessly offering to sell a painting for 50 cents... not that that's creepy in itself, but it just underlined the general atmosphere of despair that pervaded that case.

I also didn't pick up the first time around that Vera must've seen Kristoph's hand tense, in order to call him what she did later. Actually, I didn't see the tension as a face at all; I must've had the scar out of range of the "eye" on my first playthrough. Kristoph was plenty creepy as it was with his suave smiling manner as he calmly says that he killed Smith because he was an evil human being... though when you know that he did indeed have a personal and rather petty motive that's slightly defused as then it reads more like the childish notion people have of evil = cool, a la Wocky. Doesn't work when you know he's just trying for misdirection and to perpetuate his image of inscrutable confidence.

Anyway, several of the music pieces (sorry, don't know the names) just emphasized all of this. My husband played the last two cases after I finished the game and just hearing the music as he was playing the last one made me unsettled.

Quote:
see, this is the truth, plus kristoph's hand is creepy.
Latter about Kristoph's Hand: I couldn't sleep. Former about Daryan: Thanks for giving me the nightmares, buddy. Now whenever I see something black with white on it... :lana:

Some characters i wont forget for a LONG time...

Axel (Lea)

I <3 Kingdom hearts.

I honestly didn't think anything in the game was freaky while playing, but... in the past week, I've had two nightmares about Kristoph Gavin. Yikes.
The reason for my eagerness is my want to pursue the truth, and my want to believe in the strength of those who use the power of the law for good. As someone who has chosen to live my life as a prosecutor... that is my new creed.

prosecuting never looked so good ;)

This proves the hand is undeniably creepy, and i think i speak for none when i say:

I WANNA KNOW HOW HE GOT THAT FREAKY SKULL SCAR :meekins:
When life gives you lemons, leave them and get a lollipop instead.

CHOO CHOO! ALL ABOARD THE HYPE EXPRESS!

Homicide Division

Let's see...there was Spark Brushel. Just the guy in general. Not just when you have to perceive his sweaty pits. Mostly that he would put a headline to just about anything he said. I cringed at some of the ones he gave because I'm on my school's newspaper staff and write headlines for the paper and academic competition. They go against what I know.

"Director Hotti" when he returned. My first thought was "Oh, God, he's back."

I was a little terrified for Wocky after knowing the bullet in his heart was going to unplug his artery soon.

Daryan for obvious reasons. Also when they accused Machi of killing Romein LeTouse. They would accuse a 14-year-old blind Borginian kid of murdering an Interpol agent (even if it turned out he wasn't the blind one, they thought that when they accused him). Which is why they welcomed a shot at a jury trial in 4-4.

And, most of all, Kristoph's hand is the devil. 'Nuff said.

Cardiovore wrote:
The time I tried to perceive Spark Brushel when he was grinning...

...Need I say more?

took me way to long just to figure out I have to look at his armpit :(

Quote:
i guess the freakiest aspect would be alita getting strangeled,she must have been really strong to simply faint from something like that(even our victem thought she died)

The doc's name basically means Malpractice, so he's probably a sh*t doctor. And you don't really have to be strong to "merely faint". It could be that she fainted pretty fast and, her not moving, caused Pal to stop before fatality occured.

Quote:
I honestly didn't think anything in the game was freaky while playing, but... in the past week, I've had two nightmares about Kristoph Gavin. Yikes.

I've had one because of Sal Manella.....

Can't really say anything in AJ freaked me out that much. Not even this supposed drug-tripped Perceive System, I just wanna know how weird Apollo looks during it. But during Case 2, I screamed... :hotti: because he showed up. I was like, "IYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!" and had to scratch my arms. Just looking at him makes me itch!

And :haha:'s hair. Too phallic, even for my tastes. Another reason why I don't like Case 3.

Although I gotta admit, I was confused when I was told to "look at Kristoph's scar" (it's only there if you BELIEVE it's there) and when it became a skull, I just said "Neat!" =D

C-A

I am Fangirl, hear my Squee

Mr Hat's first appearance (after then I spent more time than necessary wondering how Trucy carrys him around all day)
He has the cold dead expression of a serial killer :mrhat: .... I wouldn't be surprised if it's revealed later on that Mr Hat was behind all of the events in AJ and Kristophs merely one of his lackys.

Either that or he's just a puppet.

Spark Brushel is my least favourite character from any of the games and I spent AGES trying to perceive his scary face before realising I had to look at his sweaty armpits :edgeworth:

Thanks to Nadindi for the avie and sig!

The Twisted Samurai

Apollo´s hair.
"The hammer that strikes too fast has no time to aim."

Last edited by サンドラ on Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

No, I refuse to write anything...

The vibrating bracelet...

When Apollo mentioned it at first, I thought someone rigged it to distract him in court...but then
Spoiler:
when it turned out to be a sign of his physic abilities of perceiving and the only remaining connection to his mother......... :lana:

Well played Capcom...well played...
Some secret wait to be discovered...some never are...
Some secrets lay in the shadows...and Justice is the Light...

<3

I wasn't so much scared of Kristoph's scar as I was of the eyes behind his scary shiny glasses that you can only see when you perceive him. What a mean glare. D:

Let it go and move it move it

I found the perceive system music creepy. Maybe because it was different to other PW games, so it was a surprise.

Also, :pencileraser: . Although, I've always had a feeling that his hair is actually a wig...
Within Temptation

Ace Sidekick!

Spoiler: 4-4
Kristoph's skull hand. Last time I checked there was no explanation to why that happened.

I feel like all the things I found freaky has been mentioned. Another one dark aspect I remember was how they would talk to the one on stand about them possibly getting the death penalty like it was nothing.

In GK1 when Coachen walked out of the crime scene and smiling at the security camera was creepy.

[Whip the cream!]

This: http://www.court-records.net/screenshot/GS4/en-zomg.png
They stared into my soul!
Gimme a "P"! Gimme an "I"! Give me a "P" and an "E"! What's that spell?! Pipe!

The video game boy; the one who wins

4-3
Spoiler:
Machi, Le Touse and the guitar lying on top of that... thing. Was there even an explanation to why Machi was there as well?

4-4
Spoiler:
Kristoph. In general. But especially his pose when he holds his hand in front of his face, the black psyche locks and percieving his eyes when they are hidden behind the glasses.

Klavi, Apollo and Trucy looking into the camera when mentioning the Jurist system to Kristoph. "What, is Klavier looking at... Oh my shit, they all are!!

(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)
Page 2 of 2 [ 76 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » The Hydeout (GS4)