Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » The Hydeout (GS4)

Page 3 of 3[ 93 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Re: Which Gavin do like (or hate) more?Topic%20Title

Winter Flag Trademark

Sorry, but I hate Kristoph here. Reason? He took off Nick's Badge with the help of Drew Misham (and Detective Gumshoe?). However... I don't really seem to hate his brother, since he's concerned about the truth. Not to mention, he never forged an evidence to win a trial to keep his image alive. Given, Kristoph looks amazing outside, but I'm a person who's more likely interested on people's inside rather than the outside too much.

This account is dead. Link to my DeviantART.

supercalifragilisticexpialidocious?

You gotta admit Kristoph is an interesting guy in himself character wise, becaus of what you mentioned.

Unfortunately for him, I'm a Klavier Gavin-ner. Blame that Jae-ha for changing my ideals in men. :Klavier:

Red string of fate tied me to manilla

Klavier trash here. :klavier: It was love on the first sight.

But I don't really hate Kristoph. Of course I don't like what he did but he is fascinating character. But I don't hate him I like I hate Gant, Von Karma, White or Debeste...

My speech is liberated; I say what I say

I really love them both, they have their flaws, but we expect better from Capcom.

Am I the only one who thinks the story could've possibly improved if Klavier was a defense attorney and Kristoph was the prosecutor. (It makes SENSE. In a way.)

Maybe it could've gone better that way. Maybe not. Who knows, I'm busy pouting over the new game.
Available in small, medium, large, and jumbo size for special occasions.

My speech is liberated; I say what I say

[Ah double post. Welcome back old chum.]
Available in small, medium, large, and jumbo size for special occasions.

The law is full of contradictions.

I love Klavier as a character. While everyone considers him as too nice, I think he only does what he believes is right. Does this make him a good foil? FUCK NO he's a terrible rival prosecutor. But he's a good man. He will probably have more roles like the one he had in DD where he helps find the truth. He also gives my favorite line in the series. The law is not perfect. It's full of contradictions. And he's right in the Ace Attorney world the law is anything but perfect and some laws are down-write painful to imagine being passed in any country. There is and has never been anything wrong with a nice character. He should just stay away from going against the Wright Anything Agency. Cause let's face it...the guy's like a walking tutorial character. Giving hints, and kindly working out who really did it with you rather than against you.

Kristoph is on the other hand one of the best villains in the series.
"Follow Your heart out of the darkness! Stand up and rise from the ashes! Back to the start, far from the madness. Come alive again! Break off the chains of hesitation! Your voice will be your salvation! Look to the light of liberation waiting at the end!"

supercalifragilisticexpialidocious?

WhatTheWhat wrote:
Am I the only one who thinks the story could've possibly improved if Klavier was a defense attorney and Kristoph was the prosecutor. (It makes SENSE. In a way.)

Maybe it could've gone better that way. Maybe not. Who knows, I'm busy pouting over the new game.

Interesting idea :maya:

I do think the current arrangement is fine, though. Shows how shitty defense attorneys can be, and conversely, how honorable prosecutors can be. It's kinda like a sort of inversion of the typical personalities of the prosecutors and defense attorneys in game.

ASCEND

I like them about the same to me honest. I prefer Klavier a little more though, mainly because of his personality being so different from other prosecutors, as well as the fact that Kristoph looks and acts so much like my brother that it freaks me out.
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

Kristoph, he's my favorite character in AJ. Mainly in that the way he manipulated people, in contrast to how Nick manipulated him gave me a lot of food for thought regarding when this sort of thing is morally justified or not. I don't have much against Klavier, just that he didn't feel like a threatening prosecutor, and he was pretty static as a character as well. I mean, he may have gotten less self-centered by the end, but it felt like he was good from beginning to end, which didn't intrigue me much.

I like to think I'm a scientist

I, personally, adore Klavier Gavin... but a lot of the reasons I love him come from fan interpretations and reading between the lines, and a fair bit of headcanon and projection. AJ was slick, stylish, and beautiful, and had phenomenal music, but coherent and fulfilling character arcs were not among its strengths. Klavier was a really interesting concept - a prosecutor just as dedicated to truth and justice as the protagonist - but the writing wasn't well-handled in a lot of ways, I feel, leaving him coming off as incompetent or flaky. But for his dedication to the truth, his glamorous flirtatiousness, his seriousness and work ethic that he tries to hide under his easygoing rock star facade, the way that facade drops and he starts talking with a cold calculatedness reminiscent of Kristoph when he feels threatened, his desperate loyalty to the people he loves and the confusion and despair when those people betrayed him - I love Klavier.

Kristoph was a cool villain - but, again, his motives make little sense and his character arc felt incomplete and unfulfilling.
Great big hopefully-scientific Ace Attorney fandom shipping survey: http://aceattorneyshipping.tumblr.com/

Beware of the Dog

I like them both, and Klavier's theme is great (the wall bang is also great) but I somehow prefer Kristoph because... you know. Super fascinating psychopath I'm pretty much in love with. :adrian:

Happy Maria

Kristoph,by far. Klavier had a ton of flaws,but Krissy is excellent.

Take that!

I just wish they gave a bit more to Klavier, you know? But I like him.

But Kristoph McPetty, who made Phoenix lose his badge just because he lost a game of cards? NO.

Click the photos to be taken to my AU Stories!
Page 3 of 3 [ 93 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » The Hydeout (GS4)