Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » The Hydeout (GS4)

Page 2 of 2[ 62 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Re: Confirmed French Names + ExplanationsTopic%20Title

Mm, that stinks. It's hard to translate English songs into French and still have the right timing, though, I've tried it before...

I know, Wright?

So the French/Spanish/Italian/German versions are packaged with the European release, right? Do European games work on North American DSes? I'm trying to improve my French...

Searching for Big Whoop.

In my European version of AJ, there's one option, English.
On JFA, however, I can choose between English/French/German.
I guess it varies.

And as far I know, you would be able to paly the European version.
:hobohodo: -This deck of cards is a little frayed around the edges, but then again so am I and I've got fewer suits...

there is only French/German in the french version,it's a shame

Four is Death

Croik wrote:
I heard Klavier's German name is Kantilen? Weiiiiiird.

It should be 'piano' to match the English name!

Hi-Keeba!

TTH wrote:
Valant Gramarye: Virgil Grimoire — Grimoire means "Grimmor".

Now I'm getting images of Valant taking Apollo and Trucy on a tour of Hell.
sig by Elriel! Alaka-awesome!
:keiko:da ba dee da ba die :keiko:

I know, Wright?

... I've never heard of a Grimmor, but in English a Grimoire is a book of magic spells.

Don't read it.

Here are the two French missing names:
Spoiler: "Case 4, end"
Shadi Enigmar: Enzo Enigmar
Thalassa Gramarye: Thalassa Grimoire

Now we have all the French character names. :phoenix:

slowuptime wrote:
Willy can be used as another word for a part of the male anatomy >_> I thought it was funny for Wocky because somehow it's just more silly than Wocky to me.

... Oh.
But at least, Gumshoe wouldn't be the only one, heh? Herm, uh.. XD

slowuptime wrote:
I think it's a lot easier to appreciate something when it's written in another language. Plus, I do only have a pretty limited knowledge of French. I guess the lyrics were just supposed to be really cheesy.

Yeah... When I couldn't understand the lyrics of a song, I liked it lot...
But when I finally was able to understand them... well, I was, like, "WTF?". :udgy:

La Diable wrote:
Those lyrics don't even fit the notes. They did so good on the English version. :\

They generally do, but I admit that they sometimes don't... The main problem comes from the fact that French words often have more syllables.

Anyway, here is how I "feel" the lyrics... There are just text, so you won't have to listen to me singing. :meekins:
http://bordelaterry.site.voila.fr/Bordel/spug.wmv
I a bit messed up on the end, and sometimes the lyrics go over the "voice", but otherwise I think it's okay.
Note: Surprise ending!

Marshmello wrote:
So the French/Spanish/Italian/German versions are packaged with the European release, right? Do European games work on North American DSes? I'm trying to improve my French...

Uh... No. There are three European version of AA4: English only, French and German, and Italian and Spanish... Looks like they change the language "group" on every new AA...
Anyway, the NDS isn't localized, which mean you can play any game of any continent on any continent... At least, that's what I can do with my NDS -- I bought it in Asia, and European games perfectly run on it.

Marshmello wrote:
... I've never heard of a Grimmor, but in English a Grimoire is a book of magic spells.

Uh... oops. My bad. I did an "automatic translation", based on the "miroir => mirror" model... and forgot to check. I'm fixing that right now.
English isn't my first language, so I apologize if you don't understand me. But this doesn't mean that you are not allowed to correct me, eh.

I know, Wright?

TTH wrote:
There are three European version of AA4: English only, French and German, and Italian and Spanish... Looks like they change the language "group" on every new AA...
Anyway, the NDS isn't localized, which mean you can play any game of any continent on any continent... At least, that's what I can do with my NDS -- I bought it in Asia, and European games perfectly run on it.

Damn... It would be so much more convenient if I could just use a single game cartridge.

Oh well, at least I know I can use them now :edgy: Thank you very much.

I think AA is a drug.

I am French, I can explain to you some names and words! ^_^
"Petit Ange" Aki Kitaki is a nickname given to she by her friends. For Olga Orly, I understood the reference to "Oh really?". It's well done. For Vérité Wright, it gives a superb pleonasm: (W)right to "true", Vérité for... "truth"! In french, if fully reflected on his behalf, it would give "True Truth", a French expression to support even more the fact that telling the truth. Dr. Hotti, or Sashoff in french, became Dr. Chambouseux, as the name of the hospital.
The nickname Pollo comes from the shortening of (A)pollo Justice. Mr. Salty effective become M. Salé.

As the words "mièvres" (I do not believe that "mièvre" can be translated, understand... "honeyed") of the "Sénérade pour une guitare", this is normal, this is typically french xD We are the kings of love songs "mièvres" and ridiculous!

Sorry if my English is awkward in places, I use a lot of French expressions.
Avatar and signature by Vickinator <3

And pure awesome = s to the exy.

TTH wrote:
Character Names:
Klavier Gavin: Konrad Gavin

*snicker*
Being of musical taste... musical as in musicals... I now have "We love you Conrad, oh yes we do." ... er... and whatever the rest of it is... from Bye Bye Birdie stuck in my head.
... I have the feeling that the next time I play AJ, I will snicker excessively when I first see Klavier... and then I'll swoon, as is required of me by... well, me.

DIIIICKHAIR~

:pencil: THERE HAD BETTER BE AN MP3 DOWNLOAD OF THAT SOMEWHERE, OR I'LL SHIT BRICKS, MAN.

Nothing Objectionable In This Cubicle!

wunderbarphalanges wrote:
TTH wrote:
Character Names:
Klavier Gavin: Konrad Gavin

*snicker*
Being of musical taste... musical as in musicals... I now have "We love you Conrad, oh yes we do." ... er... and whatever the rest of it is... from Bye Bye Birdie stuck in my head.
... I have the feeling that the next time I play AJ, I will snicker excessively when I first see Klavier... and then I'll swoon, as is required of me by... well, me.

See this? This here? That is the work of genius.

Now I'm hearing it too: "We love you Konrad, oh yes we do! We love you Konrad, and we'll be true! When you're not near us, we're blue! Oh Konrad, we love you..." (And yes, I did somehow remember that off the top of my head. At least I stopped before I transcribed 3/4 of the song.)

Mmmm... Chicken.

Marshmello wrote:

Hmmm. If I remember correctly, the DS doesn't have region protection. So yeah.

TTH wrote:
Yes. Some screenshots have been released here (recently or not, I don't know), confirming some names.
Okay, I know that most of you don't really care but... there are still the others, so uh... XD
I'll try to complete when the game will be released in French. (Maybe today?.. Because of a Québécois law, games released in Québec now must be in French, and since Québec is in America...)

Case 4-1
Masaka Sakai - Olga (First name or surname, don't know.)

Case 4-2
Takita Kitaki - Willy Kitaki
Koume Kitaki - Petit Ange Aki Kitaki (WTF?!)

Also, Konrad is definitely confirmed as Klavier's French name.

And the significations of the names...
Olga is just a name that sounds Russian.
Also, she speaks approximatively French. (That may not be the case in English.) Also use some Russian words, such as "Da" (Yes).

Willy Kitaki... Well, honestly, I don't know. Maybe a sort of tongue twister.
Talks like a "banlieue" (suburb?..) young'un (not sure of the word).

Petit Ange Aki Kitaki... "Petit Ange" means "Little Angel". But for the rest, maybe a tongue twister like Willy Kitaki.

Oh, and, just a little thing... Apollo's hair are refered as "cheveux en pétard" ("firecracker hair") "tête de pétard" ("firecracker head"). If these sentences look a bit "weird" to you, just know that "cheveux en pétard" is a common expression used for persons whose hair are a bit "messed up".

:objection:

:object: Quebec is in CANADA not in America! It is right next to my province, Ontario.

Get your own Evelon Pet Today at "http://www.freewebs.com/baals_baby/" !!

spr fckn srs peepz

TTH wrote:
I'll try to complete when the game will be released in French. (Maybe today?.. Because of a Québécois law, games released in Québec now must be in French, and since Québec is in America...)

*insert objection smiley here*

Law states that instruction manuals must be in French, game content is not obligatorily in French, but with EA, Eidos and Ubi having studios in Montreal (and Ubi being a French company anyway!), it's not uncommon to see actual translations. Nintendo did stir up a bit of controversy using joual as a translation for Phantom Hourglass and Super Mario Galaxy, so it's not ALWAYS a big win (and the games would have to be retranslated in France anyway, due to the fact that joual is pretty much exclusive to Quebec and perhaps a few maritime provinces (although that would be more Acadian/Cajun than anything).

Needless to say, it wasn't pretty.

But yeah. Unless they have offices in Montreal/Are willing to go the extra mile, they don't have to translate. Even in text heavy games.
http://vanderlund.blogspot.com - Because the only fantasy worlds I like are those I write myself.

New~

FrauleinEvaKatze wrote:
TTH wrote:
Yes. Some screenshots have been released here (recently or not, I don't know), confirming some names.
Okay, I know that most of you don't really care but... there are still the others, so uh... XD

Case 4-1
Masaka Sakai - Olga (First name or surname, don't know.)

Case 4-2
Takita Kitaki - Willy Kitaki
Koume Kitaki - Petit Ange Aki Kitaki (WTF?!)

Also, Konrad is definitely confirmed as Klavier's French name.

And the significations of the names...
Olga is just a name that sounds Russian.
Also, she speaks approximatively French. (That may not be the case in English.) Also use some Russian words, such as "Da" (Yes).

Willy Kitaki... Well, honestly, I don't know. Maybe a sort of tongue twister.
Talks like a "banlieue" (suburb?..) young'un (not sure of the word).

Petit Ange Aki Kitaki... "Petit Ange" means "Little Angel". But for the rest, maybe a tongue twister like Willy Kitaki.

Oh, and, just a little thing... Apollo's hair are refered as "cheveux en pétard" ("firecracker hair") "tête de pétard" ("firecracker head"). If these sentences look a bit "weird" to you, just know that "cheveux en pétard" is a common expression used for persons whose hair are a bit "messed up".

:object: Quebec is in CANADA not in America! It is right next to my province, Ontario.

Wait wasn't Aki means autumn in japanese??? :yogi:

My childhood right here

TTH wrote:

I hate necro-posting but here goes:
I know this was posted before (only because the contradiction is so painfully obvious)
Quebec is the capital of Canada, not an American city!

Um, I've never done this before, but...

Turnabout of Justice wrote:

Canada is in America. It's in North America.

My childhood right here

marcopolonian wrote:
Um, I've never done this before, but...

Turnabout of Justice wrote:

Canada is in America. It's in North America.

:objection: The U.S. is referred to as America. So clearly, there is a contradiction, unless we know what the author was thinking!

:holdit:
Why don't we just ask the author then?
Objection! That was... objectionable!

My childhood right here

Sounds fine to me
Page 2 of 2 [ 62 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » The Hydeout (GS4)