Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » The Hydeout (GS4)

Page 180 of 180[ 7186 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 176, 177, 178, 179, 180

Re: Klavier Gavin: Awesome or FUCKING AWESOME?Topic%20Title

The video game boy; the one who wins

Oooh, now I understand. :knock-knock:
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)

"Eggs?"

:klavier:
:klavier-pull:
:rock'n:

awesomeness + rock god + glimmerousness + air guitar + German + Prosecutor's Badge + the best hair = Klavier

Herr Judge, your verdict.

:guilty:
^of being too darn awesome^
I AM BACK KIDDOS AND I'M WATCHING YOU

For me, tumblr is more easily accessible on a day to day basis, so if you REALLY want to, go there. :think:
OR if you want to, message me and I'll send you my Discord!!

Enoshima Junko-chan!

I like Klavier because he's a musician, like myself, and I like the music references he makes

Ace Attorney-As Evil As Kristoph Gavin.

Does want to marry this charecter count as an answer?n_n :klavier: :klavier: :klavier: :klavier: :klavier: :klavier: :klavier: :klavier: :klavier: :klavier:

What, if I may ask, are you planning to do with the ten Klavier's one you've married them?

Ace Attorney-As Evil As Kristoph Gavin.

lol.HAven't quite gotten there yet but still. Klavier!!

:klavier: Yes ana i know i'm hot..

T_T Nyah so cute

Lately I've been having this huge soft spot for Klavier, and I haven't been able to rationalize it, other than that I think he's way underrated. The more I think of him, however, the more I see how well-composed (no pun intended) of a character he actually is.

So - in defense of Klavier Gavin (see what I did there?), let's get ready to ramble.

I see why people think he's too helpful in court because well, it's a game, and we want a challenge. The other complaint I keep on seeing about him though is that he lacks personality, where I positively disagree. The thing with Klavi the way I see him is that uncomplicated and straight-forward guy. He even says so himself:

Klavier:
That is why I try to at least
remain simple inside.

Klavier:
And I keep a simple goal:
to discover the truth.

And I like that. It's great with complex, multifaceted characters, but contrasting to that, there's something liberatingly genuine about people like Klavier. He means what he says and he says what he means. You know where you've got him.

Simplicity and honesty aside, what I truly love about Klavier is his kindness. Even his mockery is pretty harmless, whereas other prosecutors (and even the judge!) can be downright mean. I think of Klavi as one of the most well-meaning characters. It's not as much his actions as his treatment of others. He likes to tease, but not more than he knows the person can handle. Most importantly: he doesn't look down on people. He shows respect for the judge, patience with even the most difficult witnesses, he calls Apollo out when the latter makes a mistake but when he makes progress, Klavier cheers him on. He's also generous, with help, information and even concert tickets for his "rival" lawyer and lawyer-assistant (keeping his relations civil, ja?)

Also, he's actually really funny. The way he speaks is so un-forced in a way (except for when he's trying to sound deep and/or poetical) and he's got this natural wit.

The third usual complaint is his so called lack of investment, and emotions specifically in 4-4. Sure he's easygoing and he likes to have a good time both on stage and in the courtroom, but I still think you can sense his investment in finding the truth and giving a fair trial, not to mention it's refreshing to see a prosecutor who sees the courtroom as a courtroom and not as their personal playground/battlefield. Also he once lost his voice and kept on singing without even noticing it - that's some passion for sure. Gaming wise, his prosecutor role is the important part, but I'd like to think that the music serves as an outlet for him.

Then, emotions and 4-4. First of all, everyone doesn't show much emotions on the outside. It could be him trying to remain professional in court (especially with loads of people including his own brother watching him, and him being a celebrity who can be picked apart at any minute by the media), or if he's just a composed (no pun intended) person in general. Secondly, I did definitely sense emotions from him, although more subtle than the usual over-the-top way other characters often express themselves in. What he did show was feelings; what he didn't show was vulnerability. Which in itself tells us something about his character.

And, like every rounded characters, he has his flaws. There's his rockstar-attitude and sometimes even -arrogance. It's hard to tell whether he does it lightheartedly, self-ironically, just for a laugh, or if he's just like that, since he's not the most self-distant person in the world. However it is, he has no qualms about emphazising himself, and he plays on it because he can. Which brings me to his perfectionism as a musician, which served as an interesting contrast to the Klavi we'd been seeing so far. He's professional both in court and on stage, so it's possible that he keeps hi displeasure to himself until backstage where he lets it out, causing a bad attitude and that the displeasure itself might grow in proportion. Then there's his spontanity, resulting in him changing lyrics and stuff on a whim, confusing his band members, like he's so lost in it that he forgets other people will be affected.

No, he's not the rival Apollo was aiming for. He doesn't have a tragic backstory (he does have a tragic present story though, although he's not directly involved in it). There's not much of a character growth, if any, since he's pretty much got his shit together already.That doesn't mean he's not a great character - not only because he differ from previous prosecutors, but in his own right. I think he's interesting and I'd like to see more of him (trying to forget his DD appearance). Adding to that, I would personally love to have him as a friend. Just not as a bandmate.

[Whip the cream!]

This actually makes me more interested in Klavier - I always liked him, but I didn't think of him very much, he was there, he was a good guy, quite charming, I felt sorry for him when it came to his brother and all. Now I actually look forward to "meet" him again, in court, more than I would do otherwise.

When I read "playground" I immediately pictured Klavier playing the air guitar... But yes, you're right about it, it's not like he whips people or throws cups of coffee. Even though I snickered a little.

(Also: I see you're Miles again. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utpTJ4voqww )
Gimme a "P"! Gimme an "I"! Give me a "P" and an "E"! What's that spell?! Pipe!

Well, he is there for the sake of the trial and not for some shady revenge and/or to keep a perfect win record, even if he does fool around a little. :rock'n: Though, now I can't get this image out of my head of some kindergarten style room with Simon, holding a plush hawk and a takana made out of wood battling it out with Franziska and her whip, while Godot sits in one corner throwing mugs around him, and Klavi in the other, banging on a toy guitar.

(Yup, that's excactly what happened this morning! I strutted in here at the forum, and the Great revival immediately started playing as I sat down to write the world's longest post about Klavier.)

Last edited by Going for Miles on Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Whip the cream!]

Yes, that's very true. And his "fooling around" is quite, quite harmless as well.

(Epic! :edgeworth: )

Edit: Concerning your edit: I want to see that. I desperately want to see that. :acro: And all their themes are playing at the same time. Poor Udgey.

I'm listening to them all at the same time now... Holy hell. Image Still, not as mentally damaging as I thought it'd be, and it ended rather smoothly with all themes gradually tuning out until only the last part of Godot's remained. :godot:

[Whip the cream!]

Okay, now I'm striding away from topic, but I just have to add that I did the same just now and am all but crying from laughter. But you're right, it wasn't that hellish, and I, too, like the smooth finale. (We always have to wait for Godot.)

The law is full of contradictions.

We all love Gavin. But he sucks as an antagonist! XD :klavier: Sorry dude you're just too cool and likeable for anyone to consider you a challenge. You practically hand cases over if you think you're wrong. Don't be throwing me hints from the prosecutor's desk. You silly air guitarist you.
"Follow Your heart out of the darkness! Stand up and rise from the ashes! Back to the start, far from the madness. Come alive again! Break off the chains of hesitation! Your voice will be your salvation! Look to the light of liberation waiting at the end!"

Gettin' Old!

Geez you make it sound like you want the old demon prosecutors back who made things complicated than good noble prosecutors who hunt for truth.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

A Kirby and AA fan

Pierre wrote:
Geez you make it sound like you want the old demon prosecutors back who made things complicated than good noble prosecutors who hunt for truth.

Well, from a gameplay and challenge perspective, that would be nice... =P

Gettin' Old!

Nurio wrote:
Pierre wrote:

I can see it now!

As head of the prosecutional committee I decree we need to be more corrupt! It is too easy for those pathetic defence attorneys these days! You there fabricate that report to be more incriminating! You two! Edgeworth and Gavin turn in your badges. We don't need your sorry hides around here! Get that boy Tigre up here! He'll make an able replacement!

Some people just want to watch the world burn. :kristoph:
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Racing through the sky like a Missile

Pierre wrote:
Nurio wrote:
Pierre wrote:

I can see it now!

As head of the prosecutional committee I decree we need to be more corrupt! It is too easy for those pathetic defence attorneys these days! You there fabricate that report to be more incriminating! You two! Edgeworth and Gavin turn in your badges. We don't need your sorry hides around here! Get that boy Tigre up here! He'll make an able replacement!

Now I have a silly idea. Perhaps GK3 will include the story of how Miles Edgeworth lost his badge yet again, only to have it replaced with that of the Chief Prosecutor's title for uncovering how deep the roots of corruption extend.

Then, the only ones who lose their badges more often are Gumshoe and Phoenix.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

A Kirby and AA fan

Pierre wrote:
I can see it now!

If only we could show our appreciation of a post other than making a post ourselves.

Edgeworth is still challenging even when he only cares about the truth. Just look at 1-5, 2-4, and 5-5 (Well, in 2-4 the client was actually guilty, but the first trial day still shows how ruthless he can be). I understand that Klavier is too nice to act like him, but he doesn't need to be so helpful. Really, if you're the easy-going type, just keep making fun of the defense instead of helping them out.

But anyways, the most recent prosecutor is known for manipulating people psychologically into confession. We don't need to worry about the prosecutor's office being full of okay guys.

Gettin' Old!

luck wrote:

But anyways, the most recent prosecutor is known for manipulating people psychologically into confession. We don't need to worry about the prosecutor's office being full of okay guys.

Yeah off topic a moment it boggles my mind any self respecting psychologist would teach someone for motives of psychological torture and manipulation.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Enoshima Junko-chan!

Athena even described him as kind when she was a child. Oh ignorance.

The Ace Ace Defense

Klavier definitely gets my vote for "FUCKING awesome"! Honestly, I don't have anything bad to say about him. He's nice, hilarious, doesn't really use underhanded tactics, plus, I have to admit, he's damn adorable. Also, how could I bring myself to dislike the guy who coined the term "Herr Forehead"? :klavier-pull:

supercalifragilisticexpialidocious?

Ffing awesome!

Don't mind me, this is just a girl with a crush on bishies haha <333

There are many reasons as to why Klavier is great, but this is one of the major ones:

Spoiler: 4-2
Apollo:
That's why he wrote up a
false report, and kept the
truth locked away.

Klavier:
...Bad Herr Doktor.

Red string of fate tied me to manilla

Friggin' awesome!

supercalifragilisticexpialidocious?

I rewatched some AJ let's plays a while ago. Right after the concert murder incident, Klavier immediate issued a gag order for investigation. He's unexpectedly crazy prepared for a rock n rollin type of character. I now have added respect for the guy.

Klavier's also on TV tropes! Just scroll down haha :)
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/C ... sAndJudges

Guys let's make up some stories for this pic.

Page 180 of 180 [ 7186 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 176, 177, 178, 179, 180

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » The Hydeout (GS4)