Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » The Hydeout (GS4)

Page 4 of 4[ 123 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Re: Things you wish was in AJ but never wasTopic%20Title

The video game boy; the one who wins

The part II. Comparing AJ to the three previous games, the essence of it was the same but it still had something different about it. It really felt like a new start, and not only because of new main characters and narrator. Sure, as a whole there was a lot of wishy-washy-ness, like Phoenix being forced into the game in a way that I'm still to this day very split about, all that was wrong with case 3, and the ending of case 4 feeling quite rushed, BUT! I still feel that AJ definitely was on to something. Something new and fresh; a new narrator who just so happens to be every kind of awesome, the darker theme, Ema as detective, DS-forensics, that jazz with the crime scene models where you had to erase contradictions, killer mentor, hobo mentor, even the nice prosecutor... Black psyche locks. Heck, even Mason system. And not to mention that quadruple fucking mess between Apollo, Kristoph, Phoenix, Klavier with all their weird relationships to one another, in which unrequited rivalry seemed like the least strange. I'm rambling. Anyway, what I'm trying to say is that I think this game, as I said, was onto something but its potential got kind of wasted. Therefore a second AJ would've not only been a chance to further explore what went well with this and continue some things that should have been continued, but also to fix what didn't work. Perhaps a good sequel would have made this game look better as well, as opposed to now where it kind of stands alone in a weird place between the finished trilogy and the 3DS new-new era. Like AJ started something that wasn't finished, neither in this game nor in DD; I don't know if it's the transition into a new platform, the new new narrator or the new team behind the game, perhaps all. And I think Takumi did a better job depicting Apollo. I don't know. Everyone seem to like him better in DD but there's something... something something. That doesn't sit right with me. Like they're screwing him over a bit and at the same time they made him more heroic and cooler. I mean, in AJ he cried and punched people and basically walked around being a very peculiar lad. And now I'm rambling again. I just want an AJ 2. DAAAAAAAAMN IIIIIT it's not faaaaaaaaair Without that no matter what I do my life will never be completely fulfilled. There's a void in my soul and it' very emotionally scarring. Okay, the last two sentences were jokes. Damn am I tiring right now. But yeah, those were my two cents. Or thirty.
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)

I've felt worse.

The part that would make me care about the Gavins. I probably would have appreciated their characters more had their relationship been fleshed out. I cared more for the Farrons than these guys.
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

Composer, thinker, talker

I desperately wanted to see more substance in the final trial. Granted you already discover most of what happened during investigation with MASON, I still think they could have done something more despite there not being "proof"

Also it really sucks that Thalassa hasn't officially revealed herself. Based on Trucy and Apollo's interaction and background it's my theory Trucy can tell they are siblings (between the bracelet and how the game shows Trucy picking up on things very fast), but it definitely bothers me that Lamiroir has met them but hasn't revealed herself yet. I can understand it being hard but at some point there really should have been... I don't know... something
Page 4 of 4 [ 123 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » The Hydeout (GS4)