Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » The Hydeout (GS4)

Page 1 of 4[ 123 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Things you wish was in AJ but never wasTopic%20Title

A fad in a castle

Was there ever a time when you wished something would happen/was in AJ but never did happened?

Well for me..
Spoiler: Spoilers for most of AJ, mostly 4-4
1. All those new gimmicks they introduced, like moving the crime scene around in 4-1 or using the new forensic stuff, they were mostly one-time only things. :P At least in 1-5 it felt like I could use luminol more often. >_>
2. I was hoping Older!Valant would testify, and hoping that Mike Meekins would testify in the case seven years ago.
3. I was also hoping that Apollo would be the one using the Mason System and Nick's magatama.
4. WHY CAN'T I BREAK KRISTOPH'S LOCKS?!

And that's all I can think of.
ImageImageImage
Re: Things you wish was in AJ but never wasTopic%20Title

Phff, You call this a Zombie apocalypse?

I totally wish that Megaman was in AJ, but he wasn't! WHATS UP WITH THAT?
Gyakuten Phoenix wrote:
Yeah, well maybe if I wasn't so much better than everyone else, I wouldn't have to talk about it so much.

Mmm, bacon.

I was totally expecting an "OVER 9000!" joke in 4-1 when they were talking about how many points the chips were worth... that was the absolute most perfect opportunity in the whole series for it!

Super Judge Bro. wrote:

QFT. That frustrated me more than anything else. It's like, by this point, psych lock breaking is practically a compulsion (at least it feels that way for me). Putting in ones you can't break... that's just cruel. :sadshoe:

Ac#e to the rescue!!! Avvy be Leeling.

Um, MAYA!? And the other PW main characters! Not too much of them, just short appearances at least.
Thanks to the combined awesomeness of Ceres and the Vickinator, I shall TAKE OVER THE WORLD!
...Just kidding. But check out the sig they made me!

Powers Fan

References, but no direct viewings of Will Powers? What the heck?
:agent-Smith: "You just wish you could talk in Webdings."

Come play Ghost Trick Mafia!

e × e = e²

I wanted to see the characters and cases explored more deeply. 4-2 seemed to be lacking in the characters department, if you ask me. While it did have some intrigue, it lacked the sheer weight that certain other filler cases have had. As for 4-3, it too could have benefited from extra writing. There's a lot of ambiguity in that case when you take into account
Spoiler:
he was trying to save an innocent child's life, or at least provide him a chance of surviving, however small.

ImageImageImageImageImage

Surf's Up!

Edgeworth and Oldbag (so she'd be the only 'minor' character that has appeared in all 4 games).

Spoiler: T&T end
Assuming T&T's ending sequence counts as an appearence, of course!

ジェジュン大好き!!

i wish she had a leading lady

CRUUUUUUSHHHHH

1. Original Phoenix Wright characters.
2. Harder cases.
I suppose Max/Franziska and Ron/Dessie. You should too.
Apparently, my avatar was made by Limey. Hooray!

Maya and Edgeworth. Yeah yeah, I know, new arc and all.. but it's true!
LOL parody sig trend. Phoenix/Maya Day is Sept 5!
[ Read my fanfics! =) | Phoenix/Maya 'Evidence' List ]

Not humble, goddamnit.

MoronSonOfBoron wrote:
I wanted to see the characters and cases explored more deeply. 4-2 seemed to be lacking in the characters department, if you ask me. While it did have some intrigue, it lacked the sheer weight that certain other filler cases have had. As for 4-3, it too could have benefited from extra writing. There's a lot of ambiguity in that case when you take into account
Spoiler:
he was trying to save an innocent child's life, or at least provide him a chance of surviving, however small.

Sooooo very agreeeeeed.

Spoiler:
That was a perfect opportunity to tug on the heartstrings right there, since he did basically do all that to cure a child who otherwise didn't stand a chance. There's usually at least tearjerker killer we can sympathize with to some degree... 4-3 could've had people using up ten times the tissues as 4-2, if they had played on this. But a lot of this game went to Phoenix, and to 4-4, and that's actually what made them glance over that, I think.

Daryan had every reason to show a whole other side of him as a character, but instead, they made it like, "OH COME ON GUYS LOOK DARYAN'S CLEARLY JUST A HEARTLESS JERK AND IF TRIALS WERE BASED ON PUBLIC OPINION RATHER THAN FACTS WE'D BE ABLE TO CONVICT HIM WITHOUT THIS LITTLE ISSUE OF PROOF COMING UP HMM GEE MAYBE WE SHOULD HAVE A JURIST SYSTEM".

They... couldn't have even mentioned it after? Something like the 4-2 flashback? Argh. I wish they had mentioned it once. Just once, at least!

Okay. Enough being bitter and whiny. To sum it up, yeah, I would've liked to see the characters and parts of the story which weren't pieces of Phoenix's Secret Mission to have been developed more.

AKA Dr. Bokchoy

I wanted to play as a competent defence attorney.

Suave.

Gyakuten Phoenix wrote:
I wanted to play as a competent defence attorney.

Do people even think before making these posts? Phoenix was rather incompetent in the first AA game as well.

AKA Dr. Bokchoy

What's your point?

Do you see the black one...or the white?

Gundams. Lots and lots of Gundams.

Seriously, I wish that there would have been more character development within the minor characters in the series and I wish Phoenix wouldn't have hogged the whole spotlight. I love the guy, but make room for the new generation gramps!
On April 3, 2016, Court Records Forums experienced a miracle upon that day.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same

A fad in a castle

Gyakuten Phoenix wrote:
What's your point?

In case you've forgotten, Phoenix was once a rookie. >_> Yeah, everyone forgets about 1-1.
ImageImageImage

AKA Dr. Bokchoy

I haven't forgotten. This is "Things I wish was in AJ" and that was what I wanted.

True love is forever.

Spoiler: all of AJ
I would have loved to see more interaction between Phoenix and Trucy (particularly with young Trucy). All their scenes together were so adorable that I would have been very happy to see that aspect of the game expanded upon. Hopefully, we'll get to see more in GS5.

Also, I dearly wanted to break the black psyche-locks. After the first three games, it is vital that I break all psyche-locks in the game!

Proud Supporter of Phoenix/Iris, Ron/Dessie, Klavier/Ema, and Apollo/Vera
Fanfics Updated-12/25

Spriting phailure

At least some mention of Lana, as they do have Ema back.

Also I wanted Old!Edgey to be the prosecutor for the last case.

I have many yaoi OTPs which overlap... And most of which involve the Gavins.
I do write/support yuri and het from time to time though.

Klavier: God of Prosecution

Rizuchan wrote:
Super Judge Bro. wrote:

QFT. That frustrated me more than anything else. It's like, by this point, psych lock breaking is practically a compulsion (at least it feels that way for me). Putting in ones you can't break... that's just cruel. :sadshoe:

Yeah... I was like...

Spoiler:
Oooh, black locks, I can't wait to break this sh- WAIT WHERE'D THEY GO COME BAAAAACK!

Suave.

Gyakuten Phoenix wrote:
I haven't forgotten. This is "Things I wish was in AJ" and that was what I wanted.

There would be absolutely no point in making an Ace Attorney game in which you already play as an experienced lawyer, the point of the series is to see the title character go from a nobody who wins cases by pure luck to someone who is recognized and more or less knows what they're doing.

Anyway, I would have liked Apollo even more if he was more confident instead of being exactly like Phoenix. If there is one thing which never changed in the games was how Phoenix would start sweating at the slightest problem or would let himself get whipped by Franziska like a fucking retard.

e × e = e²

And what is Gyakuten Kenji, GUI?

I think people have had enough of the "zero to hero" bit. That's why so many people are attracted to Miles Edgeworth - he's a developed character that still has layers of depth to explore, without having to go with the clichéd and tired formula of climbing to the top. He's already a character in and of himself, that asks unapologetically for the audience to accept him and his flaws, rather than giving us a tabula rasa hero that lets us imprint only the best qualities on him as he beats all odds.

Suave.

MoronSonOfBoron wrote:
And what is Gyakuten Kenji, GUI?

You're forgetting that Edgeworth is an immensely popular character who already got a lot of development in past games.

I think I see what GP is saying.
Rookie Apollo < Any other Rookie.
Gyakuten Phoenix wrote:
Yeah, well maybe if I wasn't so much better than everyone else, I wouldn't have to talk about it so much.

AKA Dr. Bokchoy

No, I'm saying Apollo is incompetant. TRUCY is smarter than him, and she's 15 years old!

Trucy's not smarter than Apollo, she just keeps her cool better. Apollo proves himself very clever in the later two cases.

I wanted to be able to visit the criminal affairs department. I like examining the detectives and listening to their bizarre ramblings.

Salutation Here wrote:
Trucy's not smarter than Apollo, she just keeps her cool better. Apollo proves himself very clever in the later two cases.

AH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA
GOOD ONE! XD
AH HA HA HA HA HA
Gyakuten Phoenix wrote:

Eldoon playing the Protoman theme on his harmonica.

Wild BLUETWO appeared!

Psyche-Locks? Unbreakable? Well, of course...

Spoiler: 4-4, 3-5
For everyone who's complaining about the black locks being unbreakable, recall that Larry had some locks toward the end of the Investigation phase with Edgeworth in 3-5 that never got unlocked; he discovered the truth in court. Plus, the fact that Kristoph's locks didn't break means there may be some info we never got in his breakdown...

I'd say I would want more focus on Apollo, rather than Phoenix. This is one of the reasons why I'm looking forward to AA5.
No, I seriously don't have anything else to put here besides a link that gets me rewards when people click on it.
If you like video game music, it might actually be worth your while.

Powers Fan

Pie wrote:
MoronSonOfBoron wrote:
Spoiler:

Sooooo very agreeeeeed.

Spoiler:
That was a perfect opportunity to tug on the heartstrings right there, since he did basically do all that to cure a child who otherwise didn't stand a chance. There's usually at least tearjerker killer we can sympathize with to some degree... 4-3 could've had people using up ten times the tissues as 4-2, if they had played on this. But a lot of this game went to Phoenix, and to 4-4, and that's actually what made them glance over that, I think.

Daryan had every reason to show a whole other side of him as a character, but instead, they made it like, "OH COME ON GUYS LOOK DARYAN'S CLEARLY JUST A HEARTLESS JERK AND IF TRIALS WERE BASED ON PUBLIC OPINION RATHER THAN FACTS WE'D BE ABLE TO CONVICT HIM WITHOUT THIS LITTLE ISSUE OF PROOF COMING UP HMM GEE MAYBE WE SHOULD HAVE A JURIST SYSTEM".

They... couldn't have even mentioned it after? Something like the 4-2 flashback? Argh. I wish they had mentioned it once. Just once, at least!

Okay. Enough being bitter and whiny. To sum it up, yeah, I would've liked to see the characters and parts of the story which weren't pieces of Phoenix's Secret Mission to have been developed more.

While 4-3 DID need a lot better writing, considering the impossibility of it, I say this is response:

Spoiler:
Daryan didn't give a damn about saving that kid's life. It's made pretty clear that all he wanted was the money. He didn't even care if Machi was put to death or sent to prison. He killed LeTouise and nearly killed Lamiroir, and he was an all around jerk towards everyone.

e × e = e²

Spoiler: 4-3
I didn't say that Daryan demanded sympathy, but rather the material consequences of the legal system weren't being considered. While it was a dastardly thing he did (especially if he was trying to hide behind the sympathy for a terminally ill child), not once does anyone consider the fact that someone had just been sentenced to die other than the Guilty.

Sympathy for the Devil notwithstanding, what of the Damned? Even with the cocoon lost forever, what were they supposed to think now? It was a crime, and there's no way the ends could justify the means considering how far it went, but there's really an unexplored dimension to the entire case that would have been interesting to follow through on.

I mean, we could have at least gotten something like this:

Phoenix: And that's why we need the Jurist System.
Apollo: Hey, I just thought of something. What happens to the Chief Justice's son now?
Phoenix: He's not important.
Apollo: There's nothing we could have done to prevent his death, I guess, but I do feel kinda bad...
Phoenix: SHUT UP WHILE I'M TALKING. Now, here's some fake evidence for you to use.

Not humble, goddamnit.

TheSteelSamurai wrote:
While 4-3 DID need a lot better writing, considering the impossibility of it, I say this is response:

Spoiler:
Daryan didn't give a damn about saving that kid's life. It's made pretty clear that all he wanted was the money. He didn't even care if Machi was put to death or sent to prison. He killed LeTouise and nearly killed Lamiroir, and he was an all around jerk towards everyone.

Spoiler: 4-3
Point to me, somewhere, anywhere, that has him state outright he was after the money. Yes, he was a very giant jerk, but I subscribe to the theory that people aren't binary; his worst actions while he's between a rock and a hard place shouldn't be the ultimate definition of his character. In the case itself, everything said about his motive came from Apollo; Daryan's response was always that it couldn't be proven, never any sort of confirmation or denial. There are two potential motives and honestly, I think it was both of them that ultimately convinced Daryan to do what he did... and there's nothing in the game that proves or contradicts that, because Daryan's motive wasn't explored deeply. Which is pretty much my point.

They could have easily taken it further, at least in considering the consequences like MSOB just described. Yes, I do have a personal interest in wanting to see Daryan himself examined in careful detail, but overall it was a part of the case that didn't get much attention and could have given the end of it much more weight, rather than ending it as such a blatant prelude to the next case.

Powers Fan

Spoiler:
>_>Try the whole case.

And I'm not sure what the sick kid has to do with it on his own. Yes, saving him would have been nice, or at least getting some knowledge of what happened to him, but Daryan getting the guilty sentence he deserved didn't effect the kid at all. The only known coccoon that had been smuggled in was already gone, destroyed when the guitar caught on fire. Though, I'd personally like to think Machi had another one hidden somewhere. If he needed the money that bad, sweet kid like him, I'd like to believe he'd have a spare.

Not humble, goddamnit.

Spoiler: I think we're going on a tangent here. More 4-3.
So? Yes, he was a jerk the whole case. But he was also a top-notch detective and a rockstar. One that would've known just how badly risky trying to pull this off was. Why does he need money? Why does he need money so badly that he'd try something like that? I say that makes less sense than thinking that maybe he's not pure evil and did want to help the kid - or hell, maybe just help out his father, if it's too much of a stretch for you to believe that someone like him could feel bad for a child who was about to die.

And... that was implied, that the child was therefore going to die. It was not only an 'incurable' disease but a deadly one. And they even mentioned the child's condition taking a sudden turn for the worse. Daryan getting the cocoon into the country was the only way they could have saved him.

Sorry, but there's absolutely no way Machi had another one. If he had it hidden on him anywhere, it would have been found and he would have been executed. Period. That was the whole point of putting it in the sealed guitar - it was the one way they could ignore the tight security in Borginia, which was specifically designed to check for those cocoons.

Powers Fan

Spoiler:
It's generally implied that he just wanted the money, for the sake of having the money. If there had been more to it, we would have been told. At least it is implied a bit with Machi that he wanted the money for something important.

And you never know with the kid, since it's not stated that he dies. Don't talk to me about what can't happen. As that whole case was full of things that can't happen.>_>;

Bronze Samurai

I was hoping for a song with someone actually SINGING IT.
Image Julia...<3
Related to NaturallyLazy, fatalfeline, JadeRoach, and Game Over!

Look at the location

Angel freakin Starr! If you can have Meekins, Ema, and Phoenix in the same game, why not Angel Starr!

Nick + Maya <33

1. One word: MAYYYYAAAAAAAA~ (at least they could mention her instead of being "some kid")
(and maybe some of the old cast :D)

Spoiler: 4-4
Breaking the black locks...I was like "Wtheck! Black locks! How am i supposed to break them?!" *end of game* Wtheck...WHAT HAPPENED TO THE LOCKS?! :O! I WANTED TO BREAK THEMMMM~ :larry:
Hmm...maybe it's part of the plot of the 5th game...like what the black locks meant and what Kristoph was hiding (it was KINDA explained in court of what he was hiding...but not everything...if i remembered correctly lol)

3. More character developments (for Apollo and some of the minor characters)

4. Apollo to have his own "presented the wrong evidence" lines (it's the least they could do after Phoenix stole Apollo's limelight for most of the game :O! and it would help with his character development...instead of being the "new rookie Phoenix!" or "Phoenix's puppet")

Imo, the game seemed a little rushed o_O; the cases didn't have the "OMG!" moments like the previous games or the same satisfaction as the other games...and have a lot of moments in which you would question what happened to *insert person or thing here* or why did he/she do this and that, leading to arguements about what you think might've happened (like why Daryan smuggled that cocoon)

P.S. Sorry for my English lol :payne:

I have to agree with the Steel Samurai,

Spoiler:
Saying 'What if' as proof doesn't cut it. What if Machi got hit by a bus after this game? What if Alita was trying to get the Kitaki fortune to pay for an operation for her mom? What if after the judge left the courtroom polly the parrot took a dump on his head? What is Klavier is just Winston Payne in disguise? What if Kristoph is actually a woman? 'What if' never counts as proof. If Daryan REALLY didn't do it for money he would have just given it to the cheif for little to no fee. That wasn't his intentions, though.

Page 1 of 4 [ 123 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » The Hydeout (GS4)