Last visit was:
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:39 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 343 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Another game by CiNG - Again: Eye of Providence
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:35 pm 
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training

Custom Title: Criticus Maximus
Bad Player wrote:
OniXera wrote:
Quote:
Spoiler: the end; not very big, but still
It's not a monologue.

That's probably the biggest reason your ideas just don't work with this particular story.

Then, how is it revealed then? Cutscene? If so, you can easily transcribe said event and make it less clique than it sounds.

Spoiler: my take on it
It's a dialogue, not a monologue. Providence doesn't know anything, and neither does J. You need both Providence and J talking with each other and the end to have everything come to light and get the plot fully resolved. If it was just done in a cutscene or past vision or journal entry, J would not be able to respond to Providence, and the conflict would not get fully resolved.

Spoiler:
Is this an interactive dialogue, where you, the player, gets to choose questions, or is it simply just scrolling through a conversation?

Wooster wrote:
By that point you might as well buy the game and find out first hand, but that defeats the purpose of your position on the game in the first place.

Not exactly. I thought Final Fantasy XIII was dumb, but I still bought it. It's still a shallow game, however. And I said I'd probably buy the game if I saw it on a store shelf and I had some extra cash on me, but seems unlikely as the game is unpopular.

Quote:
OniXera, I'm starting to really lose this battle with you because I'm losing track of what exactly I'm supposed to be arguing about.

Hey, my paragraphs were displayed clearly after I quoted your specific paragraphs. You're the one who started with the "it's not fair that you can argue to change this, but you won't budge on this", which is when things got a tad confusing.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:45 pm 
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training

Custom Title: Hate is Bad :(
You pick the questions and the answers much like you would in any other Cing game. You get a bunch of questions you can ask in whatever order and when you're asked the questions there are right and wrong answers. As far as I know you aren't penalized for wrong answers, you just choose again.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:55 pm 
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training

Jessweeee wrote:
You pick the questions and the answers much like you would in any other Cing game. You get a bunch of questions you can ask in whatever order and when you're asked the questions there are right and wrong answers. As far as I know you aren't penalized for wrong answers, you just choose again.

Spoiler:
So, you're saying that this revelation is part of the final confrontation? Or are you just describing the conversations in general?

Well if it's not the latter, why didn't anyone say so? Everyone made it sound extremely post-game.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:35 pm 
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training

OniXera wrote:
Jessweeee wrote:

Spoiler:
So, you're saying that this revelation is part of the final confrontation? Or are you just describing the conversations in general?

Well if it's not the latter, why didn't anyone say so? Everyone made it sound extremely post-game.

Spoiler:
This is how conversations in general go, and if I'm remembering correctly the final reveal as well. If you're talking about that cliffhanger we're flipping out about, it's just a sort of cutscene just before the credits. You only see J's side of the conversation. (I sort of skimmed the last few posts, so if I'm not answering your question, then whoops!)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:22 am 
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney

Ok, my 'holidays' (ah ah) are nearing their end, and yet, I still haven't received Again.
I don't know when I'll receive it, but I'm afraid I won't have time to play it by then... with exams, and L4D2 DLC (coming next week).
Well... maybe I will enjoy it even more when I know I'm done with my exams? (but that's in a month... :lana:)

Btw, after listening to the first track of the soundtrack, I'm really interested in listening to it ingame... Of course, it's not worth Okubo's work, but it sounds pretty nice nonetheless. Better than what I thought at first, actually.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:19 pm 
Admin
Admin

Custom Title: Deputy of Self-Esteem
L~A wrote:
Ok, my 'holidays' (ah ah) are nearing their end, and yet, I still haven't received Again.
I don't know when I'll receive it, but I'm afraid I won't have time to play it by then... with exams, and L4D2 DLC (coming next week).
Well... maybe I will enjoy it even more when I know I'm done with my exams? (but that's in a month... :lana:)

Btw, after listening to the first track of the soundtrack, I'm really interested in listening to it ingame... Of course, it's not worth Okubo's work, but it sounds pretty nice nonetheless. Better than what I thought at first, actually.

Aw man, I was starting to wonder why you hadn't yet posted your thoughts on the game game yet. I guess that's a really logical explanation for it.

Track one is one of the catchier tracks isn't it? :sawit: But, I'd resist the temptation to continue listening to the soundtrack. Part of the magic with this particular game is how, like the plot, the music builds upon itself. Track X while good on it's own, doesn't sound quite as impressive off the cuff until you've got Track Y caught in your head. And even more so their attachments to the plot. I wouldn't dare recommend listening to AGAIN2-0020 for instance until you've hit that particular investigation very late in the game. It just hits you like a truck.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:48 pm 
Suspect
Suspect

Just got this game a few days ago and am nearly done with it, though
Spoiler:
I am stuck on burning the bits on the grate. It's getting a little frustrating(though I'm probably overthinking it a little. xD)

Suggestions, anyone?

But as for the game, I like it so far. It keeps me interested and I enjoy playing it. For me, if a game has accomplished in those two things, then I think it's a good game and was well worth the money that I invested into it. That's just me though. *shrugs* While I didn't care too much for the beginning, the rest of the story is intersting so far.

Once I finish the entire game, I'll try and post a review (provided that my teachers don't bury me in papers and homework).

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:25 pm 
Moderators
Moderators

Custom Title: 1000% Knight
Spoiler:
If you look on the right side, most of them are actually not connected...

I'll admit, it took me 3 sittings to solve that puzzle xD

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:52 pm 
Admin
Admin

Out of curiosity, has anyone tried to solve that particular puzzle after...
Spoiler:
Turning the lights on? I'd think that would make that part of the puzzle easier to solve.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:14 am 
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney

Wooster wrote:
L~A wrote:

Aw man, I was starting to wonder why you hadn't yet posted your thoughts on the game game yet. I guess that's a really logical explanation for it.

Track one is one of the catchier tracks isn't it? :sawit: But, I'd resist the temptation to continue listening to the soundtrack. Part of the magic with this particular game is how, like the plot, the music builds upon itself. Track X while good on it's own, doesn't sound quite as impressive off the cuff until you've got Track Y caught in your head. And even more so their attachments to the plot. I wouldn't dare recommend listening to AGAIN2-0020 for instance until you've hit that particular investigation very late in the game. It just hits you like a truck.

I dunno much about the other tracks. I've only listened to the first one, and the very last one, I think (the weird 'jazzy' one).
But don't worry, I'm not gonna listen to the soundtrack anymore, and it's just about this game. Music is always most of the most important aspect of a video-game to me (that's why I'm always looking for the name of the person who made it!). I spoiled myself with Apollo Justice (I actually listen to the soundtrack while playing the game...), and I tell you I'm not gonna do this anymore. I enjoyed AJ's music less than any other AA game. From now on, I'll do what I had always done before: beat the game before listening to the game.

Quote:
It just hits you like a truck.

I just hope it's not too painful.

And yeah, I'll give my impression when I've got the game, but I don't think as much as you did :p

Edit: just found this on Amazon.co.jp. Look at the ratings.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:15 pm 
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training

Wooster wrote:
Spoiler:
Turning the lights on? I'd think that would make that part of the puzzle easier to solve.

Even after I turned on the lights I had to post in this thread for help xD

This is partly because my room was brightly lit and my reflection was blocking my view. I couldn't see that wine stain in one of the investigations until it was dark outside and I turned the light off in my room, even with the brightness turned all the way up. I can't believe anyone would want to tone it down!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:24 pm 
Admin
Admin

L~A wrote:

Ouch. 11 Ratings total? That's ... ow.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:45 pm 
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training

Whaaat, how come we didn't get that box art? The US box art reminds me of WWII games.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:28 pm 
Moderators
Moderators

Wooster wrote:
L~A wrote:

Well, at least they are all 3-5 stars :P

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:40 pm 
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney

Wooster wrote:
L~A wrote:

What's so 'ow' about having 'only' 11 ratings? I mean, if it were for a game like Super Mario Galaxy 2, I would have worried, but for Again... especially since the ratings aren't so bad (though personally, I don't really care about them).
And mind you, look at Amazon.com, and see how many reviews there are...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:52 pm 
Suspect
Suspect

Bad Player wrote:
Spoiler:
If you look on the right side, most of them are actually not connected...

I'll admit, it took me 3 sittings to solve that puzzle xD

Wooster wrote:
Spoiler:

I finally got around that puzzle! Thank you Bad Player and Wooster for the tips. :)

L~A wrote:
Quote:
Wooster wrote:
Quote:
L~A wrote:

What's so 'ow' about having 'only' 11 ratings? I mean, if it were for a game like Super Mario Galaxy 2, I would have worried, but for Again... especially since the ratings aren't so bad (though personally, I don't really care about them).
And mind you, look at Amazon.com, and see how many reviews there are...

Yeah, I was going to mention that earlier, but I you beat me to it. XD

Hey, I have a question for everyone that's played the game: Has your game suddenly glitched up and froze while your were playing it? It has to mine, a couple of times at least. I don't think it's my DS is messing up(at least I hope not. Thing is not even a year old yet and I take good care of it...) so the only thing that comes to mind is the that the game is somehow messed up in someway or another. It's weird. So has this happened to anyone else?

Well, I'm gonna go finish the game now, so my thoughts on it will probably be posted on here later.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:35 pm 
Moderators
Moderators

Hasn't happened to me o.O Maybe the cartridge is dirty/dusty?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:39 pm 
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training

Never happened to me. Maybe your DS or Again cartridge is damaged ;_;

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:00 am 
Suspect
Suspect

It might have been like Bad Player said and the cartridge was a little dusty or something. For the majority of the gameplay, it was fine, so I'm not going to worry too much about that right now.

Well, I finally finished the game late yesterday night and I can honestly say that I really enjoyed the game. While the game started out a bit slow, the plot eventually sped up and turned out to be pretty fun, inspite of all the low reviews that it's gotten. I just can't believe that it ended the way that it ended. xD

The only thing that got to me was
Spoiler:
the whole conversation between Ed and Jay in the warehouse. For some weird reason it just seemed a bit...forced/laggy(?) to me.
. Maybe that's just me, but that's pretty much the only thing that nagged at me, though just for a moment or two.The music during that scene was pretty great though.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:49 am 
Moderators
Moderators

Sachiko91 wrote:
The only thing that got to me was
Spoiler:
the whole conversation between Ed and Jay in the warehouse. For some weird reason it just seemed a bit...forced/laggy(?) to me.
. Maybe that's just me, but that's pretty much the only thing that nagged at me, though just for a moment or two.The music during that scene was pretty great though.

Spoiler: not really spoilers but o.O
Yeah, maybe a little, but there's no way there couldn't have been a final showdown between J and Providence :P

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:34 pm 
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney

Ah, I finally received the game today! Looks like there was some problem with the delivery, but I really don't care, since I've got my game in the end :)
Unfortunately, I can't play it right now (yeah, I love revisions so much), but probably tonight... the problem is that L4D2 DLC is also supposed to be released today, and oh, I hate facing such dilemmas =_=
But I really want to play it (after waiting so long, and reading all your nice little reviews 'oh, I enjoyed this game, it was really nice' etc... only made me want to play the game even more.)

I was reading the back of the box, and began to read 'Attention à ce que ton passé ne te rattrape...'
For a little while I was 'wtf?', then I realised it was French... I didn't expect French on the game box... I guess it must be 'Quebec French'... that would explain the horrible and quite funny mistakes in the French text... like 'Fabriqué aux Japan'... sorry dude, that doesn't make sense :p

Anyway, think I'm gonna play for half and hour, then go on with my revisions... and play the game some more this evening, and give you my first impressions tomorrow morning :)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:24 pm 
Admin
Admin

L~A wrote:
Ah, I finally received the game today! Looks like there was some problem with the delivery, but I really don't care, since I've got my game in the end :)
Unfortunately, I can't play it right now (yeah, I love revisions so much), but probably tonight... the problem is that L4D2 DLC is also supposed to be released today, and oh, I hate facing such dilemmas =_=
But I really want to play it (after waiting so long, and reading all your nice little reviews 'oh, I enjoyed this game, it was really nice' etc... only made me want to play the game even more.)

I was reading the back of the box, and began to read 'Attention à ce que ton passé ne te rattrape...'
For a little while I was 'wtf?', then I realised it was French... I didn't expect French on the game box... I guess it must be 'Quebec French'... that would explain the horrible and quite funny mistakes in the French text... like 'Fabriqué aux Japan'... sorry dude, that doesn't make sense :p

Anyway, think I'm gonna play for half and hour, then go on with my revisions... and play the game some more this evening, and give you my first impressions tomorrow morning :)

So which language are you going to play in? The funny over seas French Dialect, or the funny over seas English Dialect? In either case, the Americas like to manipulate our languages of heritage. (Of course, I'm sure the same could be said for the natives and their heritage. I can't imagine the British have any easier a time understanding Shakespeare then we do.)

But yeah, I was surprised to see Again's instruction booklet being so thick. It's not atypical of First Party Nintendo games to stuff in French and Spanish in the Wii instruction booklets on top of the native English (Third parties however are less so apt to do so). But to see multiple languages in a DS game manuel, that's quite the rarity here, at least for the games I've been playing.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:49 pm 
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney

Ok, so in the end, I did not do any revision this afternoon. None at all. Hurrah for the exams! (ah ah)
Seriously, I ended up playing it for +1h30 (in two sessions), and my first impressions are: I really like the game so far. I remember you criticizing the (bad) pace at the beginning, and even though it's indeed kinda slow, it did not seem to bother me much, really. The only thing I found weird was the investigation for Day 2, where you go question two 'witnesses', you get to ask 2 questions, you get 2 shorts answers each time, and TIME'S UP! Investigations is OVER! I found that a little weird, personally. You just go to places, but you never stay very long there...

Spoiler:
I mean, I would have go back to the 'hobo', and force him to explain why his testimony is different from the police report, wouldn't you?

One thing I didn't like was how you moved on the crime scenes... I wish they had kept the HD's way to move (using the touch screen)... and I find the 'I'm too far away to examine that' a little annoying. Then again, that's not a game breaking flaw, so it doesn't really matter.

Otherwise, I was quite surprised to see I've grown quite fond of the live-action stuff very quickly (the characters, the mini-movies, etc...), especially with the HDesque effect on the characters. I did not find their expression that cheesy, well, except your teammate when she says 'Oh my god!' and 'Oh my gosh!' (I'm sure you remember those). Anyway, I believe Cing's did a very good job with them, and everything looks very nice. As for the music, I was quite surprised too: I really like it! Of course, some tracks are better than others, and this soundtrack isn't the best I've ever listened to, but seriously, it's pretty nice music in my opinion.

So, so far, I really like the game. Considering I'm already enjoying the game (though I'm still at the bad-paced beginning), I think I'm really going to enjoy it even more from now on. Looks like Cing did do a good job with this game, though I start to understand why people reviewed it so badly. Guess I really don't mind reading loads of texts. Actually, I do enjoy reading a lot. And I did not find the translation too bad. Actually, I think Tecmo's translators did quite a good job. What do the native speakers think of it? :)

Quote:
So which language are you going to play in? The funny over seas French Dialect, or the funny over seas English Dialect? In either case, the Americas like to manipulate our languages of heritage. (Of course, I'm sure the same could be said for the natives and their heritage. I can't imagine the British have any easier a time understanding Shakespeare then we do.)

Well, I tried to set my DS on French, but the game's still in English. Guess they only translated the booklet. Not that I really care actually, as I always play my games in English: because I understand and speak it quite fluently, and I don't like translation from a previous translation. I know only too well the result may be awful in the end; and I only trust Nintendo to do great translations from another translation.

Quote:
But yeah, I was surprised to see Again's instruction booklet being so thick. It's not atypical of First Party Nintendo games to stuff in French and Spanish in the Wii instruction booklets on top of the native English (Third parties however are less so apt to do so). But to see multiple languages in a DS game manuel, that's quite the rarity here, at least for the games I've been playing.

Same for me. I've got quite a few games from the US, and none of them have a french booklet, whatsoever.
Btw, I've seen that NoA was looking for English to French translators... but Quebec French. Though, they want you to have a good knowledge of Quebec culture. Ah ah... :p

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:18 pm 
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training

Yeah, the live action style itself didn't bother me (I quite liked it!), but in the beginning there were some expressions that just didn't match the dialogue very well xD

Or maybe it was like that through the whole game and I just stopped noticing after awhile.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:03 am 
Admin
Admin

Well, Hotel Dusk's method wouldn't work, since there's a slider that helps you move around, Again's is free form so Dusk's and Another Code R's wouldn't work.

On the other hand, one thing I did with they had implemented was using the L (Or R for you righties) to advance through dialog. Using the stylus to tap through text seemed unintuitive after having played Dusk.

And we may have slightly over played the slow pace at the beginning; but I believe it's still justified, and really explains why the reviews were universally bad.

And yep. If there's one thing that's impossibly to judge CiNG on, it's their art direction. I really loved Again's style (Or at least, the post revision version). I wasn't too fond of the original screenshots we got.

Mmm. I know the DS is region free, but for the system, could there be a difference between NA French and EU French? On the other hand, looking at the manuel, all the screen shots are in English. Now I'm really perplexed. What was the point of including a French version of the manuel? I mean, if the game is text heavy, and you'll need an above average understanding of English to get anywhere in the game; I can't imagine the purpose of the French manuel. Particularly since multi-lingual DS manuals are non-existant to the best of my knowledge. There must've been some deliberate reason. Temco policy? I have to admit, this is the only game from them I own.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:55 am 
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training

Well, I was able to play a bit of the game myself.

The style of the conversations reminded me of the Trauma Centre games, where it seems that deciding to have more than one person on screen was an impossibility despite having the screen. Plus, the screen to text ratio seemed to be way, way off.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:50 am 
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney

Quote:
Well, Hotel Dusk's method wouldn't work, since there's a slider that helps you move around, Again's is free form so Dusk's and Another Code R's wouldn't work.
On the other hand, one thing I did with they had implemented was using the L (Or R for you righties) to advance through dialog. Using the stylus to tap through text seemed unintuitive after having played Dusk.

Oh yeah, I remember the map on the touch screen (I didn't even look at the top screen, I was always focusing on the touch one!), in Hotel Dusk... and of course Another Code: R's system can't work.... I don't see any Wiimote hidden in the DS (yeah, I know you meant TM1, not AC:R ;))
As for the text, having it set on 'Quick', the current system doesn't bother me the slightest... ok, I admit I prefer HD's system (especially to have one character on each screen, and not only 1 at the same time, on the left screen). But frankly, I don't really mind. Hopefully!
Quote:
Mmm. I know the DS is region free, but for the system, could there be a difference between NA French and EU French? On the other hand, looking at the manuel, all the screen shots are in English. Now I'm really perplexed. What was the point of including a French version of the manuel? I mean, if the game is text heavy, and you'll need an above average understanding of English to get anywhere in the game; I can't imagine the purpose of the French manuel. Particularly since multi-lingual DS manuals are non-existant to the best of my knowledge. There must've been some deliberate reason. Temco policy? I have to admit, this is the only game from them I own.

Well, why don't you try yourself? With your own DS? (You have a NA one, right?) I doubt there's any difference between a French DS, and a NA one set on French.
I know the presence of French in the booklet is surprising, but again (ah ah), I can tell you, the translation isn't really something to fantasize on. The little I've read tell me it was quite poorly translated (it's not awful, but you can smell the distinctive smell of translation miles away!), so I don't think they put too much effort into translating the booklet, and I don't think they translated any more than that.

Ok, I've played it again yesterday evening, and I have to agree with everybody so far: it really gets even better as days go on. I'm currently at the beginning of the 5th day

Spoiler:
Just after the murder of the actress... why wasn't I surprised when I was told she had been murdered? The moment I saw her in Johnson's office, I knew she'd be the next victim... but again, I really didn't expect her to be murdered this quickly... Looks like things are going out of control!

Anyway, I really enjoyed the investigation part for day 4, and I understand now why you kept bringing in the megatama... I think the system works very well, particularly the way you have to give up the examination of the crime scene, and go investigate somewhere else, because you don't have the elements that allows you to recreate the crime scene as it was at the time of the murder. What's more, sometimes you go asking a witness for more info, but you don't get anything at all in the end... yet, you have some dialogue with that character, and you get to learn a few things (though they're generally not much significant). You don't always have a 'oh, Mr X. is not at home! We'll have to come back).

Spoiler:
I'm thinking of the time I went to see Martinez when I was looking for cigarettes... 'Go ask someone else!', or so he said. Nice dude, this Martinez :p And gosh, it took me at least 20 minutes -in two sessions, of course- to notice the cigarette on the floor... Also, I was agreeably surprised to see it wasn't just 'bring some pieces of evidence to the crime scene, and see the past', you also have to find the right piece of evidence, cf: once again, the cigarette.

Anyway, I find the investigation part really interesting, and well done. It's really much more than just 'spot the difference'. And yup, I really love the dialogues too. The writing is really nice (though I had some doubts when I read the first reviews), not as witty as HD or AA perhaps, but I believe it fits Again's universe perfectly.

I'm really enjoying this game so far, and I really can't wait to play it again this evening, to see what's going to happen next.
Spoiler:
I've noticed, ever since the end of Day3 the 'pattern' the murders would follow, ie: the murderer of each case, being the victim of the following one). I also think I know who the next victims of the 'present' Providence are going to be. But heh, I also know perfectly that this false sense of security, familiarity, and 'predictability' is only here to trap me.

Really, I can't wait to see what's going to happen next. :will:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:02 pm 
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney

Custom Title: earthlings on fire
I need help... :payne: Since Again just came out, there are no walkthroughs (that I can find) online. So I'll ask here.

I apologize ahead of time if this has already been discussed, but I'm very cautious of spoilers (after being spoiled about absolutely everything for PW, I'm kind of tired of it).

Spoiler:
Alrighty, so I'm investigating the murder of... Whatshisface, the taxi driver who smoked Maxwell cigarettes...Charlie Smith, maybe? I forget his name. Anyway, I'm in the parking garage, and I already found four out of five visions, and I need help with finding the last one. I've found the cigarette one, the tipped-over cone one, the gunshot holes one, and the broken light one. How do I find the last one?! It's driving me crazy.

I feel stupid D:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:57 pm 
Moderators
Moderators

Oh yeah, that one also took me forever.

Spoiler: hint
It's inside the car.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:21 pm 
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney

Custom Title: earthlings on fire
THANK YOU! :pearl-blush: My DS was on all day because of that...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:01 pm 
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney

Ok, I'm currently in Day 7... and the story is really nice so far. I kinda love how the writer play with our expectations with the past vision of the 3rd 'recent' providence murder.

Spoiler:
You know the one I'm talking about... when investigating Burnett's murder... and you hold your breath when the final past vision starts... hoping you'll get to see the murderer's face, like in the previous visions... but in the end... nothing. You can't see who it is. Ah ah, you got me guys, well done.

I've pretty much got my ideas on who's Providence (it's J! He's schyzo!), though both characters seems very unlikely to be the real thing. I know I'm utterly wrong, but that's what makes such a game (and kind of story in general), is that you always make up theories, thinking you're right, only to be contradicted in the end. I love how the writers also played with us when they showed us that

Spoiler:
Henry was coughing, just like Providence in the vision, and just after you've seen it.

Come on, it's a bit too obvious, isn't it? That's what makes it interesting. The player can but doubt what he's seen. Too much obvious makes things even more doubtful, at least for me. And in fact, I believe it's one of the main strength of the scenario, as the writers always manage to surprise you, even when you feel (ah, you ignorant fool!) that you know exactly what happens, and what will happen then. In fact, it's precisely because of the sense of 'obviousness' that the plot works so well (so far?).

I wonder, what's the mysterious puzzle some testers couldn't solve, and asked Tecmo to give them the solution? If it's not before Day 7, don't even consider telling me what it is. Personally, the only problem I ever had was

Spoiler:
to notice the cigarette during Sam's murder case investigation

I can't wait to be tomorrow, so I can resume my game :jake:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:59 pm 
Moderators
Moderators

L~A wrote:
I wonder, what's the mysterious puzzle some testers couldn't solve, and asked Tecmo to give them the solution?

Hm? What's this? That's the first time I've heard about anything like that...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:26 pm 
Admin
Admin

The puzzle the testers couldn't solve was the Piano one. It stalled me a bit, but reading J's thoughts on the leaves gave the puzzle away for me. I guess the reviewers weren't really adventure gamers.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:33 pm 
Moderators
Moderators

Wooster wrote:
The puzzle the testers couldn't solve was the Piano one. It stalled me a bit, but reading J's thoughts on the leaves gave the puzzle away for me. I guess the reviewers weren't really adventure gamers.

Whoa, really? That one was really easy for me ._. (And where did it say that testers had trouble getting the answer and had to ask Tecmo? o.O)

On an unrelated note, how do you pronounce your username, Wooster?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:53 pm 
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training

It had me stumped for awhile, but really the solution is pretty easy. I felt very stupid when I figured it out xD

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:27 am 
Admin
Admin

Bad Player, there was a reviewer in this topic who asked our help a page or so back. (S)he was stumped on the piano puzzle and couldn't get Temco to help him/her.

As for how I pronounce my username... I've never heard it said outloud before but I've always thought of it like Rooster, So Woo-ster.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:26 am 
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training

I just imagine Elmer Fudd saying Rooster.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:59 am 
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney

Bad Player wrote:
Wooster wrote:

Whoa, really? That one was really easy for me ._. (And where did it say that testers had trouble getting the answer and had to ask Tecmo? o.O)

Actually, I understood from the beginning the painting had something to do with the puzzle, though it took me a few minutes to realise there's another clue in them. But overall, that wasn't such a difficult puzzle... or maybe just because I'm used to this kind of puzzle by now?

Quote:
On an unrelated note, how do you pronounce your username, Wooster?

If you know IPA, you'll understand what I mean. If not... you should, anyway :p

Wooster is undoubtly pronounced:
Quote:
wu:stə

Waouh Wooster, you have the mighty 'shwa' in your username ;)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:55 am 
Moderators
Moderators

L~A wrote:
If you know IPA...

I don't :larry:

Gosh, I didn't think everyone would respond so much to that >_> I was wondering b/c I thought it was rooster-with-a-W, but I overheard someone say something about Wooster College, and they pronounced it "Wuster" (like Duster-with-a-W) so I was just wondering...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:20 pm 
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney

Quote:
If you know IPA...

I don't :larry:

It's not difficult really. u: = 'o' in move.

Quote:
Gosh, I didn't think everyone would respond so much to that >_>

Yeah, you're r... wait a minute. What? So much? xD
Seriously, it took me 2 minutes to write my message, I didn't spend 2 hours to search for it :gant:
(And to be honest, I was kinda making a joke there... the IPA is right, but I wasn't answering seriously. I know you never expected 'so much' :p)

Anyway, I'm done with my exams for today... next one is next Wednesday (not tomorrow), so I'll have plenty of time until to savour the game each evening!
Starting tonight.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 343 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next