Board index » Present Evidence » Games

Page 3 of 30[ 1176 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 30  Next

Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (first half of case 2 complete)Topic%20Title

RD

wow, i didnt notice this game was release the new case... i cant wait to play this

~just passing through the path of truth~

Comeback King

Spoiler:
Amazing! I'm loving it so far:D Edman Books is funny aswell. And Cody got... Arrested?

Comeback King

Here comes a quick review!
Spoiler:
Brilliant, Watters is back! Actual sound effects for clicking on the options, that's cool. It adds to the realism making it seem more like a Phoenix Wright game. Edman Books he is amazing (He actually got sound effects!) Like the idea of actual accessing of a computer by the way. It looks like the sprites have been improved on Williamson as well. (His shock sprite is splendidly funny!) Quite a creative breakdown by Woman as well, It made me laugh a lot (I love Edman's theme, what is it?) I also like the fact that you bought back the Rivales storyline. Little mistake. When Phoenix mentions before Woman's final testimony that he has a hunch, half of it is in blue text and the last two lines when he's still meant to be whispering are in white. Can't wait for the rest of this case! :phoenix:

Dracarys!

PhoeFey123 wrote:
It looks like the sprites have been improved on Williamson as well.

I'm glad you were able to tell. I was worried that the differences might be too small to notice.

Spoiler:
I finished the first part. So far, I cannot point out the most likely suspect - it could be anyone's game (aside from Books and our dear femanon, of course); therefore I don’t want to jump to conclusions. What did I get? An another wonderful case with interesting plot, memorable characters and lots of cameos and hidden jokes.

1. Personally, I liked that striped button a lot more than the plain one...
2. ...but that gimmick with presenting evidence to people was cool (not to mention sound effects for clicking on the options).
3. 911 call log IMHO should include time of call, unless it was intentional.
4. In the autopsy report, there is nothing about burns. Oh, you can always say that fire wasn’t the cause of death, so it wasn’t worth mentioning. But I don’t trust incomplete autopsy reports ;).
5. My thoughts about AF users' real identities:

GummyBaer - :eh?:
xXLoveMachineXx - :hotti:
m4gikp4ntiez - :study:
Salmonella – well, you just COULDN’T be less obvious about it :sal: (although IMHO his texts have insufficient amount of l33t)
Stranger2Love – for this fellow, I’m sure he (she?) is an original character. It could be Anton Simms.

6. And about that friend of Williamson who popped out of the blue - I guess he’s that mysterious person Obadiah was talking with in the epilogue of The Rogue Turnabout. Am I right?

Dracarys!

Darth Wiader wrote:
Spoiler:
6. And about that friend of Williamson who popped out of the blue - I guess he’s that mysterious person Obadiah was talking with in the epilogue of The Rogue Turnabout. Am I right?

Spoiler:
Yes, that's right. You haven't seen the last of that guy.

Why is it so quiet in here?
This thread should be bursting with comments and theories.
Here goes mine:

Spoiler:
Let's start at the beginning, shall we? And by the beginning, I mean the intro - I believe there may be hidden hints in it. We were supposed to think that Webb (cyan text) was chatting over the Internet with Books (grey text). But is that true?! Let's see... Webb (BadPlayer) was actually conflicted with Books due to that quarrel on AF forum. In that case, why he did he type "I was hoping you’d be on"?
We can also deduce that Webb was expecting the killer.

In my opinion, the one talking in grey was not Books, but rather Anton Simms. However, that also means he cannot be the culprit (although, he'll provide some interesting information about the very moment of murder).

I guess that Togamera is the real killer. He did seem to hate the victim because of Webb's connections to the Rivales family. Not to mention he had an opportunity to mess with the crime scene and erase all traces of himself and incriminating evidence.

Comeback King

How long till the second half will be released as an
estimate
?

Dracarys!

PhoeFey123 wrote:
How long till the second half will be released as an
estimate
?

I would say 2-3 months, but that's a very rough estimate. It might be less, it might be more. I'm not going to rush anything.

The script is complete, the coding is nearly done, and there's just a few sprites left. After that, I'll have to have the second half beta-tested, which will last as long as the testers take to respond. However, I do have something besides TotW which I'm working on at the moment, so it'll take a bit more time than it would otherwise.

Comeback King

Oh, ok.

Comeback King

Just wanted to point something out for you, in the credits you put that
Sir Gallante's theme is from Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box, but it's actually from Unwound future.

Dracarys!

PhoeFey123 wrote:
Just wanted to point something out for you, in the credits you put that
Sir Gallante's theme is from Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box, but it's actually from Unwound future.

Just fixed that. Thanks for bringing that to my attention.

Dracarys!

Update:

I've more or less finished the coding for the case. The only things remaining are a few sprites. However, I'm really procrastinating on that, since it involves making a lot of custom hands and I REALLY hate making custom sprite hands. I can never seem to get those stupid things to actually look good.

So yeah, progress is happening, just very slowly at this point.

Dracarys!

Another update:

TOTW is nearly finished. I just need to finish the final few sprites, which is currently expected to take maybe a week or two. And then beta-testing, which will last for however long it takes my testers to respond.

Beta-testing positions for the second half are going to be first offered to the three gentlemen who helped me on the first half (Cardiovore, Fuandon, and DWAM). If any of them don't wish to, that slot will be offered to Darth Wiader, who voiced Edman Books. After that, if there are still positions open, I'll put out an open request and it will be first come, first serve.

RD

Ropfa wrote:
Another update:

TOTW is nearly finished. I just need to finish the final few sprites, which is currently expected to take maybe a week or two. And then beta-testing, which will last for however long it takes my testers to respond.

Beta-testing positions for the second half are going to be first offered to the three gentlemen who helped me on the first half (Cardiovore, Fuandon, and DWAM). If any of them don't wish to, that slot will be offered to Darth Wiader, who voiced Edman Books. After that, if there are still positions open, I'll put out an open request and it will be first come, first serve.

TOTW is nearly finished. that good to hear... and i like to tried to be beta-testing if still have position open but i dont good enough with language. so better not disturb you game... :yuusaku:

~just passing through the path of truth~

I'm still up for Beta-Testing the next part.
That one guy from AAO that made about a dozen cases that all kinda go off the deep end and fall apart at one point or another.

Previously Cardiovore

Me too :)
Phoenix Wright: The Contempt of Court
FULL GAME AVAILABLE

Dracarys!

Second half of TOTW has been handed over to the beta-testers. While we await their responses, I will give you these screenshots of this section.

Spoiler:

Hi there, I don't post very often at all but I'd like to say I'm really enjoying this game! I just finished The Rogue Turnabout (have very recently discovered the joy of fangames!) and I really enjoyed it!

Spoiler:
I love Watters!

Having a bit of a problem with the next case,

Spoiler:
The part where you meet Cody and he is arrested for hacking, for some reason the 'talk' button is not there, all the other three are (examine, move and present) - I'm guessing I need to talk to him?

Anyway, this is the first fangame I've played and I'd like to say thanks for making it! :)

Edit: Nevermind, looks like you don't need to do that anyway! (I was sure I'd tried everything... Oh well.) Durrr...

Dracarys!

Chum wrote:
Spoiler:
The part where you meet Cody and he is arrested for hacking, for some reason the 'talk' button is not there, all the other three are (examine, move and present) - I'm guessing I need to talk to him?

No, there's nothing to discuss with him beyond the initial scene. I couldn't think of anything to have him talk about in that particular scene, at least nothing that wouldn't fit in much better in part two. So, I just left it empty.

Glad to hear you're enjoying it so far. Always love to hear back from the players. :phoenix:

Hey,

I really enjoyed your games(so much i actually made an account for it!)
And i would like to say that you need to keep up the good work!

Ps:what do i have to do at the testimony of the woman what do i have to do i can't find it.

Dracarys!

Laurens wrote:
Hey,

I really enjoyed your games(so much i actually made an account for it!)
And i would like to say that you need to keep up the good work!

Ps:what do i have to do at the testimony of the woman what do i have to do i can't find it.

Wow, I inspired someone to make a C-R account? :D

As for Woman's testimony, she has multiple testimonies, so I'm afraid I can't help much without more information. There should be a walkthrough in the Conflict of Interest folder (entitled very creatively "Walkthrough - Turnabout on the Web").

Lol and i've been presenting to the press option.....

Well I finished all I can, must say these are so good! They're just so funny and to me the dialogue feels spot on,

Spoiler:
I quite like the fact that it's just Maya and Nick investigating! Takes me back to the good old days of the first couple of games. Also looking forward to seeing where the whole Pearl thing leads to!

Hope the next bit will come soon! :maya:

A few bugs.

Spoiler: Case 1, Investigation
After putting together the gun, the talk button disappears and you can't talk to Cody anymore. Also, when you present the promo poster to him, the text goes off screen.

Also, the prosecutor says "You Honor" in the beginning of the first trial.

Not trying to sound impatient, but it has been like 20 days since you gave the second half to beta testers, is it still not ready yet?

Dracarys!

No, I still have to hear back from two of them. Please keep in mind that beta-testing takes time and this is a rather lengthy section.

Ropfa wrote:
No, I still have to hear back from two of them. Please keep in mind that beta-testing takes time and this is a rather lengthy section.

Sorry, my bad :(

Dracarys!

Sorry, there's been sort of a lull here without any updates. I'm still waiting for the beta-testing.

To make up for it, I'm going to now be announcing my next case: A Turnabout Is Worth a Thousand Words.

This is sort of a case 0 for the series. It's a prologue/tutorial Winston Payne case. During the initial planning stages, I took it out because it had absolutely nothing to do with the overall plot of the series, so it was never listed in any of my C-R threads. However, since then I've had sort of a change of heart toward it and have adapted the plot so that it connects to everything, even if only slightly. Also, it gives me an excuse to give Trucy some more screentime.

Now, this is a Winston Payne case, so don't expect any mind-blowing revelations as to who the killer is (Hint: It's the witness). However, there are a few smaller twists in there. And in fact, I actually think things worked out better with it being released after TRT and TOTW, as there are some lines toward the end which would have a much bigger effect on the player if they already knew the rest of the story. And it's still pretty lengthy, coming out at about the same length as the final trial of Rogue Turnabout.

The plot's pretty much all finished, as is the large majority of the coding and artwork. I would expect that it would be released a few weeks after TOTW: Part 2.

So in effect, I'm pulling a George Lucas and releasing the prequel to my story after I did the later segments. Take that as you will. I'll post character sprites later when I have more time.

Wow even more cases and that right before my exams.....
Guess that I'll skip a year.

Dracarys!

Just heard back from my final beta-tester. I'm going to work in all the edits that have been suggested, and then run through things a final time. I'm hoping to get the full case up within the next few days.

Dracarys!

Final updates have been made to TOTW. I'm just going to run through the full case one more time, to make sure everything's still working.

The second half will probably be up either tonight or tomorrow.
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (Two cases complete!!!)Topic%20Title

Dracarys!

TURNABOUT ON THE WEB IS COMPLETE!!!

Just spent the past six hours running through a final beta-test. I think everything's ready. Here it is! Enjoy, and please leave comments afterwards!

To skip ahead to day 2, find the intro.txt file in the /Turnabout on the Web subfolder and replace it with this:

Spoiler:
Code:
set _textbox_wrap false
set  _textbox_lines 3
set _list_bg_image bg/phoenix
include evidence

addev attorneybadge
addev magatama
addev neighborhood2
addev boom
addev burnt
addev autopsy
addev fire
addev tos
addev chat
addev computer2
addev crimephoto
addev phone
addev blueprints
addev maya$
addev trucy$
addev pearl$
addev books$
addev agent$
addev dreisan$
addev obadiah$
addev watters$
addev woman$
addev webb$
addev cody$

set char_trucy_defsound blipfemale.ogg
set char_woman_defsound blipfemale.ogg
set char_Mask3d_n00b_defsound type
set char_Stranger2Love_defsound type
set char_UrsaMajor777_defsound type
set char_BadPlayer_defsound type
set char_GummyBaer_defsound type
set char_SumthinSmellz_defsound type
set char_xXLoveMachineXx_defsound type
set char_Salmonella_defsound type
set char_m4gikp4ntiez_defsound type
set char_Thug_4lyf_defsound type
set char_HaX0r_B4dg0r_defsound type
set char_JUSTICE4all_defsound type

script scene40

Things to note about this section:

-YOU WILL NEED THE LATEST VERSION OF PYWRIGHT FOR THIS!!!
If you don't have version 0.987, then there will be a large, ugly rectangle across your screen for a good chunk of the case. If you like large, ugly rectangles blocking your screen, then feel free to play with an unupdated version of Pywright. Otherwise, updating is required.

-There is a rather sizable easter egg (or cameo, however you want to call it) if you try to go online before the story prompts you to do so.

-The story gets a bit dark in this section. The guy proofreading my script responded well to it, but I'm sure there'll be a variety of reactions.

KNOWN BUGS:

-Once again, in Upper Middle Street, the double examine screen has issues. This is an issue with Pywright.

-In the text editor scene, pressing the "enter" button without typing in anything will give you a brief error screen and then skip the whole puzzle. I've talked to several people and none of them had an answer. It may be something that Saluk has to fix at a later point. Just... be sure you have something typed in, I guess, if you don't want to ruin it for yourself.

ALSO, the next case, A Turnabout Is Worth a Thousand Words should be released sometime within the two months (maybe sooner, maybe later). It's a prologue to the series, taking place immediately before The Rogue Turnabout.

Along with a new case, I'm hoping to throw in some various interface updates with it, including pictures for the different cases in the main menu (as currently they are all just the Conflict of Interest logo).

I'm currently very busy and don't have quite enough time to make them, especially if I want to release the case in the timeframe I mentioned. If somebody were to make the case menu art for me, I would be very grateful. And in fact, I would be willing to pay you with a Steam game (we would decide on a price limit later via PM). The artwork must be of equal or greater quality to what I would be able to do myself.

And also... A voice actor for Obadiah. I think the guy's finally grown tired of having to use Godot's voice and he wants his own "OBJECTION!", "HOLD IT!", and "TAKE THAT!" If you've played the game thus far, you should have an idea of his personality and demeanor and what he should sound like.

Last edited by Ropfa on Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

§

Just finished playing it, and I have to say: Great job!

Here are some thoughts:
Spoiler:
- The Apollo cameo at the beginning of the 2nd part was great, I hope everyone gets to see it.
- The fact that you have to actually write the password was quite a surprise to me, I didn't know you could to that with PyWright :udgy:
- Poor Cody :sadshoe:
- Simms' testimonies kinda confused me, I didn't really knew what to present, so I had to check the walkthrough in each of his testimonies.
- Togamera was also a hard cookie to crack. He rarely was nervous or had a slip-up, and had good rebuttals for some accusations. Good job with that!
- The part where Togamera points with his gun. It nearly made me think that he really was going to escape! But... Obadiah attacks! Followed by the breakdown. :gant:
- I got a good ending, but is there any chance to get a "bad" one?
- After the credits, those last dialogues... Wow. Just wow. Now THAT was unexpected. :beef:
- I'm looking forward the next case! :godot:

I really enjoyed it. Can't wait for 'A Turnabout Is Worth a Thousand Words'!
We do what we must because we can.

Dracarys!

Outbreak95 wrote:
- I got a good ending, but is there any chance to get a "bad" one?

No, in this specific case there is only one possible ending.

Spoiler:
That won't be true with the ones following it, however.

The world ends with you

I'm stuck because
Spoiler:
I don't have Uber777's profile to present to Simms. What should I do?

The world ends with you

Nevermind, I've been unstucked.

Hey: Just started playing the 2nd part of the case and I'm loving it so far. I've run into a snag though that I can't figure out:

Spoiler:
When I check Webb's account and check his private messages, I am unable to leave the area. When I click on the 3 private messages, then the "logout" button, I get an error message...which logs me out from the game...Is there anything else I should click on in the private message area that won't trigger the log out?

Dracarys!

Spoiler:
Click on the site logo and that will take you back to the main page.

Hello,

I played through it and like to report some bugs if it's alright.
Spoiler:
-In my case all of the new profile's don't have a picture.
-In the walkthrough you skipped a thing after present webb's profile picture.
-I can't inspect the new gained evidence in detail.

Furthermore i'd like to say that you've done great work and if the next case is as great as this one it will be a super case!
Page 3 of 30 [ 1176 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 30  Next

Board index » Present Evidence » Games