Board index » Present Evidence » Remix

Page 1 of 1[ 10 posts ]

Cross Examination Custom version (UPDATED)Topic%20Title

Art Person

So this has been very hard for me to try and make, but I managed to whip up a cross examination piece in Garageband. EDIT: It's done! I'll start working on an Allegro variation soon!

I'd like some feedback on what to improve on. (i.e: Instrument choices, whether it sounds clear, or just all over the place, or how loud each section should be.) I'm very bad at composing, but I gave it a shot, I hope to improve this, and make an allegro variant.

UPDATED VERSION: https://soundcloud.com/superaj3/cross-e ... erato-s014
Allegro: https://soundcloud.com/superaj3/cross-e ... legro-201s

Thanks for the criticism!

Last edited by SuperAj3 on Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:28 am, edited 7 times in total.
Re: Cross Examination Custom versionTopic%20Title

Gettin' Old!

It's not bad but I think it's lacking just something...I think it needs to be a bit heavier to have a little tension, perhaps some bass in there? about 8 or 7 seconds.

It just feels too light and floaty, I mean this is a cross examination, it's about metaphorically boxing in and crushing someone.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Art Person

Pierre wrote:
It's not bad but I think it's lacking just something...I think it needs to be a bit heavier to have a little tension, perhaps some bass in there? about 8 or 7 seconds.

It just feels too light and floaty, I mean this is a cross examination, it's about metaphorically boxing in and crushing someone.

OK, I thought maybe changing the instruments to something more punchy to use, but I'm not sure what to change them to.

おい、パイ食わねぇか?

SuperAj3 wrote:
OK, I thought maybe changing the instruments to something more punchy to use, but I'm not sure what to change them to.

I listened to the track. I really think you've got some great material (not sugarcoating).
However, I do completely agree with you on changing instruments. Changing some of the acoustic instruments to electronics to be specific.
Which sound you change it to is completely up to you, but my recommendation is to change the sustained strings to a rock organ (i.e. Cross Examination - Moderato 2013) and the plucked pizzicatos to chipped saw waves (w/ the volume/expression way lower).

I hope this helps!
Check out my SoundCloud for Ace Attorney Transcriptions. And even AA style remixes of Nintendo music. .... Yeah, so basically a lot of Ace Attorney stuff.

https://soundcloud.com/crane43

Oh, and I'm Japanese.

Art Person

Crane043 wrote:
SuperAj3 wrote:

I listened to the track. I really think you've got some great material (not sugarcoating).
However, I do completely agree with you on changing instruments. Changing some of the acoustic instruments to electronics to be specific.
Which sound you change it to is completely up to you, but my recommendation is to change the sustained strings to a rock organ (i.e. Cross Examination - Moderato 2013) and the plucked pizzicatos to chipped saw waves (w/ the volume/expression way lower).

I hope this helps!

I'll try this out and see how it sounds! (I'm also experimenting with the melody a little, as I think the notes should be longer, and save the shorter notes for the allegro. (God my music terminology is terrible) )
Re: Cross Examination Custom version (UPDATED) Jan 6th 2014Topic%20Title

This is sho aweshum! I could never make ANYTHING like this. If you ever make a allegro for this, i might use it.
Difficult-looking legal books stand in a formidable row. They mock me. I tried reading one, and it made my head hurt. When I closed it, it slipped out of my hand. Then my foot hurt too. - Phoenix Wright

My fangame: Morgan Wright: Ace Attorney is right here: viewtopic.php?t=30205

Mrs. Jeon Jungkook ♥

I could never do something perfect like you just did.

The beginning was quite fun, just with all the ups and downs
But suddenly, we’re tired, from a waste of meaningless emotions

시작은 뭐 즐거웠었네 오르락내리락 그 자체로 어느새 서로 지쳐버렸네 의미 없는 감정소모에

Trivia 轉 : Seesaw

Art Person

MrTailsluver wrote:
This is sho aweshum! I could never make ANYTHING like this. If you ever make a allegro for this, i might use it.

Mary Faraday wrote:
I could never do something perfect like you just did.

Thanks! I didn't know it was really that good! I might try making an Allegro version soon then! :basil:
Re: Cross Examination Custom version (UPDATED)Topic%20Title

Art Person

So I made an allegro version!
Kinda horrible, but ehhh
https://soundcloud.com/superaj3/cross-e ... legro-201s
Re: Cross Examination Custom version (UPDATED)Topic%20Title

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Nice attempt! You could try to amp up the bass a little, or try to add some note variations. I'm a music producer, and I've made some Ace Attorney fan music myself. Once I release those tracks, you should check them out for yourself!
POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!
Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Board index » Present Evidence » Remix