Board index » Phoenix Wright » Prosecutor's Lobby

Page 9 of 9[ 355 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Re: GK Contradictions (spoilers)Topic%20Title

(Sp)ace Detective

Franzika Von ehmpke5 wrote:
Spoiler: Case 4
Before Young Edgey knows Young Kay her name age and gender are all ??? On her profile. But in the description of her it says,
A girl with a ballon.
That means Young Edgey knew Young Kay was a girl. But the gender is still ???.

Just being Ace Attorney.
Spoiler: 3-5
While you have the profile of "Dahlia's Twin Sister" (or somesuch) her age and gender are still both "???" :yuusaku:

Read my fic(s)!
Friedrich Nietzsche wrote:
We have no dreams at all or interesting ones. We should learn to be awake the same way — not at all or in an interesting manner.

Percei wrote:
No, it's called a retcon, they completely ignored the fact that the courtroom looked like it did in PW1-3 and changed it to look like the AJ courtroom, which isn't bad, as I personally like the AJ Courtroom Better

Actually the courtroom in GK1-4 looks more like a mixture of both court rooms.

Compare these three screenshots:
http://www.court-records.net/places/DS/judgestand.png
http://www.court-records.net/places/GS4/judgeseat.png
http://www.court-records.net/places/gk/gk4courtroom.gif

So the witness stand is from AJ and judge's bench from AA1-3.

Gettin' Old!

Lusankya wrote:
Percei wrote:
No, it's called a retcon, they completely ignored the fact that the courtroom looked like it did in PW1-3 and changed it to look like the AJ courtroom, which isn't bad, as I personally like the AJ Courtroom Better

GK occurs between the standard GS1-3 trilogy and AJ

The courtroom simply underwent renovations in the....10?(ish) years, starting with a few renovations at GK time to the complete remodelling of the witness stance by AJ's time.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Pierre wrote:
Lusankya wrote:
Percei wrote:

GK occurs between the standard GS1-3 trilogy and AJ

The courtroom simply underwent renovations in the....10?(ish) years, starting with a few renovations at GK time to the complete remodelling of the witness stance by AJ's time.

You forget that GK1-4 takes place in the past. ;)

Gettin' Old!

Between GK1-4 and the Phoenix Saga they remodelled it, later on a new architect when further renovations were called for liked the old design from GK1-4 and so remodelled the chair/bench/whatever based on what it was then resulting in the fusion.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Why did Portsman lie to Faith about his motive for burglary? "I have to make sure that the defendant is always found guilty!" His real motive was the ring, right? I'm not expecting him to go on a Bond villain monologue, but lying seems unnecessary when the person is about to be killed for knowing too much anyway.

The killer's primary motives in case 4 included getting the knife back, right? So why did they use it to commit the murder? By using it as the murder weapon, they had to leave it at the crime scene so that they wouldn't get caught leaving with it. If Faraday finding that knife was the #1 reason to kill Faraday, using that knife in a way that would guarantee that it would be taken by the authorities as an even more important piece of evidence than it already was seems foolish.

Croik wrote:
4. Ernest buying the Haunted House was suspicious, but they didn't have any evidence to prove that it was related to the murder. You can't get a search warrant based on "I really think he did it...!"

They didn't have any evidence... aside from the piece of glass in the costume and the knowledge of there being more broken glass there than anyone else, the fact that it was in the theme park, the suspicious way in which it was bought, the fact that Edgeworth knows for sure that at least one kidnapper was there at one point, and the sound Edgeworth heard. Heck, they have 100% proof (assuming Edgeworth is trustworthy) that it is a crime scene in which a man was assaulted and kidnapped.

1000% Knight

Tifforo wrote:
Why did Portsman lie to Faith about his motive for burglary? "I have to make sure that the defendant is always found guilty!" His real motive was the ring, right? I'm not expecting him to go on a Bond villain monologue, but lying seems unnecessary when the person is about to be killed for knowing too much anyway.

My hunch is that they just wanted the intro movie to be cool :P

Quote:
The killer's primary motives in case 4 included getting the knife back, right? So why did they use it to commit the murder? By using it as the murder weapon, they had to leave it at the crime scene so that they wouldn't get caught leaving with it. If Faraday finding that knife was the #1 reason to kill Faraday, using that knife in a way that would guarantee that it would be taken by the authorities as an even more important piece of evidence than it already was seems foolish.

Well, were there any other weapons available...? :awesome:
(Yes, there was the gun, but if it was used to shoot both Faraday and Rell, it wouldn't look like they killed each other)
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

What was Ernest Amano arrested for? They claim that he tampered with evidence. What evidence did they identify that they determined him to have tampered with? I also don't think that they had enough on him for an "obstruction of justice" charge; refusing to give verbal consent to a police search of your property is never a crime. I can see that they might be able to detain him on suspicion of tampering, but there wasn't any proof that was found that the player was told about. Lang apparently thinks they can use this as a basis for searching him and finding other stuff too, but the player isn't shown any conclusive evidence that Ernest did anything in particular.

prosecuting never looked so good ;)

I think Ernest was only detained by Lang on suspicion of smuggling and then later convicted after Portsman confessed to the murders and possibly as a result of him being a sniveling pawn he told the prosecutors office about the rings members to maybe break a deal.
When life gives you lemons, leave them and get a lollipop instead.

CHOO CHOO! ALL ABOARD THE HYPE EXPRESS!

In response to some of the arguments on page 7:

They imply in the end sequence that Lauren was eventually arrested and charged. It's still odd that she wasn't arrested on the spot, but someone pointed out that extortion relating to a fake domestic kidnapping may not be a major concern for Interpol.

I think some people knew this already, but diplomatic immunity is different from extraterritoriality. In order for Alba to be prosecuted in Edgeworth's country, it had to be shown that a crime was committed on the home country's territory (the Theatrum Neutralis) and for Alba's immunity to be revoked. Both happened. He can still be prosecuted in Allebahst/Cohdopia for everything that happened while he was in the embassy, too.

Fuuuuuuuudge! - Phoenix Wright

Spoiler: Case 5
Edgeworth on his last speech says that finally Cece Yew could find peace, because the ring leader was caught. But Cece Yewshe was one of the nummerous personas used by "Calixto Yew", meaning the killing was staged and she didn't exist at all.

The cape is self-fluttering

Lola-landa wrote:
Edgeworth on his last speech says that finally Cece Yew could find peace, because the ring leader was caught. But Cece Yewshe was one of the nummerous personas used by "Calixto Yew", meaning the killing was staged and she didn't exist at all.

Spoiler: Um, what?
Cece was a real person. Her relationship to Calisto was fake, because "Calisto Yew" was the one who didn't exist.

"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

who made that smell?

phoenix and Apollo aren't attornies, and miles isn't a prosecuting attorney. well, maybe phoenix is, but based on his help from ema, i guess he could be that, same with Apollo.... anyway, Miles is DEFINTELY a forensic attorney. there is no doubt in my mind, based on what he is able to deduce from crime scenes, his basic knowledge of forensic science and his amazing logical deductions. for these reasons, i am positive that miles is a forensic attorney. and if anybody tries to contradict me by saying he is a prosecutor, not a attorney, it is quoted many times throughout the course of the 1st game that he is indeed a prosecuting attorney. my theory would also explain why the detectives are so happy to co-operate with him in his investigations, as forensic attorneys do tend to work with the detectives. and that, ladies and gentlemen, is my contradiction, not with just one case, but all 6 Games!!!!!!!!!! :odo-objection:
I'm climbing the STEP-LADDER of success!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=si_PcOFEze4

my friend fyn's minecraft series: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZW0sfyrzZlY

This isn't a contradiction, just a comment, but I feel that the trials in GK weren't nearly as wrapped up as they were in GS. In GS, I always understood everything that happened at the end of a trial but at the end of almost every trial in GK I always had tons of questions and didn't entirely know what happened x:

Spoiler: The Primidux Statue in Case 5
Alba had Shih-na help him switch it around so that the real one went into the Babahl side and the fake one into his own office on the Allebahst side. But why did he do this? Apparently, to take the plates for the counterfeit-bills out of it, because it would've caused trouble.

But would it have, really?
After all, the bills would've been found in Coachen's office. In Babahl, the bills were known to use Babahlese Ink and all that. During inspection, the fakeness of the statue would've been found out and Alba would've had no worries regarding Coachen or Palaeno. Nothing would've put him under suspicion.

If it were in regards to being found out as head of the smuggling ring... well, he's the head of the smuggling ring. He could've just told Coachen to go bend himself and take the fall for the counterfeit. Especially when he found out that Coachen was going to backstab him, anyway.

That part never made sense to me, as it seems so absolutely pointless to do. It had no real impact on the current case, or anything.

C-A

1000% Knight

noticed this today...
Spoiler: GK2-2
Shouldn't the guards have found the hole underneath Naitou's bed when searching for the missing cell key?

Gettin' Old!

CatMuto wrote:
Spoiler: The Primidux Statue in Case 5
Alba had Shih-na help him switch it around so that the real one went into the Babahl side and the fake one into his own office on the Allebahst side. But why did he do this? Apparently, to take the plates for the counterfeit-bills out of it, because it would've caused trouble.

But would it have, really?
After all, the bills would've been found in Coachen's office. In Babahl, the bills were known to use Babahlese Ink and all that. During inspection, the fakeness of the statue would've been found out and Alba would've had no worries regarding Coachen or Palaeno. Nothing would've put him under suspicion.

If it were in regards to being found out as head of the smuggling ring... well, he's the head of the smuggling ring. He could've just told Coachen to go bend himself and take the fall for the counterfeit. Especially when he found out that Coachen was going to backstab him, anyway.

That part never made sense to me, as it seems so absolutely pointless to do. It had no real impact on the current case, or anything.

C-A

Spoiler:
If he found out Coachen was going to backstab him, why would he expect him to agree to take a fall for the counterfeit as opposed to just leaving and turning Alba in or some other form of revenge.

Made by Chesu+Zombee

Ace Animator

Biggest contradiction= the dimensions of Flight I-390.
I've taken the liberty of stitching the plane together from the backgrounds.

(no spoiler, just using the tags to keep the pic size down)

Spoiler:
left bottom has the screenshot of the plane. Scaled in the background is how big the plane would have to be to hold all those floors, in the most minimal amount. (ie the backgrounds' back walls are touching each other underneath each layer) and finally the bottom right is what the dimensions of the plane would be if it contained only the backgrounds, for the lolz.

this is all a joke btw, the backgrounds in the game only serve a functional purpose for the gameplay.

GETCH'ER SCIENTIFIC STUFF READY

Bad Player wrote:
noticed this today...
Shouldn't the guards have found the hole underneath Naitou's bed when searching for the missing cell key?

They searched Naitou's cell? I believe by the time they knew about the key was during Edgeworth's investigation(I am not sure.)

"Oh holy father, holy Brother, holy master... My sacred mission is at last complete. With these two hands, mankind is saved. I am your will made flesh. In your name, I give thanks."

1000% Knight

BonnyMono wrote:
Bad Player wrote:
noticed this today...

They searched Naitou's cell? I believe by the time they knew about the key was during Edgeworth's investigation(I am not sure.)

No, I don't think so. IIRC, the evidence description for the missing uniform/keys specifically mentioned that they searched Naitou's cell after the guard (and Naitou) was attacked, but they couldn't find them.

Racing through the sky like a Missile

Bad Player wrote:
BonnyMono wrote:
Bad Player wrote:
noticed this today...

No, I don't think so. IIRC, the evidence description for the missing uniform/keys specifically mentioned that they searched Naitou's cell after the guard (and Naitou) was attacked, but they couldn't find them.

Spoiler:
I don't quite remember when Orinaka had the chance to change into that uniform, but is it possible that he ended up as the one to search the cell, since he was disguised? Obviously, he wouldn't have wanted to reveal that there's a giant hole under the bed that HE made.

The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:
Spoiler:
I don't quite remember when Orinaka had the chance to change into that uniform, but is it possible that he ended up as the one to search the cell, since he was disguised? Obviously, he wouldn't have wanted to reveal that there's a giant hole under the bed that HE made.

No, Orinaka didn't wear the uniform until after Naito's death, so he couldn't have participated to the search.
I remember noticing that contradiction after my first playthrough. The only explanation I can think of (other than the jailers being really incompetent) is that Orinaka somehow hid the hole at the time.

[Deleted]

Last edited by JesusMonroe on Sat Feb 15, 2014 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OBJECTION.I object that is objectionable

I don't know if it really counts but in AAI , edgeworth deduces that the victim went into his office because of a noise which is when he saw his killer , yet earlier on edgeworth says that all rooms in the prosacutors office are sounds proof if so how did the victim hear the noise in edgeworths office that caused him to investigate in the first place
When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth- Sherlock Holmes

I don't recall him saying that. I only remember the walls in the courthouse rooms being soundproof which was established in the 4th case, but the courthouse and the prosecutor offices are two separate buildings.

IT'S HAPPENING

This isn't really a "contradiction", but it's been bugging me for a while anyway.

Spoiler: Minor Case 4 spoilers I guess?
Why does the Swiss Roll packet containing two prove there was someone else in the hallway? Is it that hard to believe Gumshoe ate both?

Providing nothing important since 1993!

Doom Paul wrote:
This isn't really a "contradiction", but it's been bugging me for a while anyway.

Spoiler: Minor Case 4 spoilers I guess?
Why does the Swiss Roll packet containing two prove there was someone else in the hallway? Is it that hard to believe Gumshoe ate both?

Spoiler: Minor Case 4 Spoilers
I believe the assumption is that Gumshoe couldn't afford to buy the Swiss Roll packet by himself, therefore someone else must have been there to lend him some money. I think that's what determines that there were two people in the hallway.

Why did Alba need to grow the passionflowers to hide the fact that their support stakes were arrows? Couldn't he have just like...put the arrows in his desk? Or in a safe? Or displayed with the rest of the weapons on the wall?

Rubia Ryu the Royal wrote:
Spoiler: GK2-3
He wasn't a nice guy anyway. He didn't know Kazami actually treated his kid like dirt.

I don't remember it exactly, so where was it said that he didn't know until that moment? I figured that he could have known about it at some point before the moment of his murder, even if it wasn't specified how he figured it out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyciSyVmcRQ (like 9 minutes in, but the image kind of says it all anyway)

Maybe it's a mistranslation? Here's MegaMan's (I'm assuming this is the right one since the line has quotes in it)

Racing through the sky like a Missile

Thanks, and it's correct. Maybe it's about time I revisited the game.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

That's weird. I guess it is a contradiction. Unless Hyodo just kidnapped Kazami's son to make him lose his focus during practice and didn't think his son was more necessary to the cooking process than he had thought

A (Lazy) Seeker of the Truth

Spoiler:
Croik wrote:
Okay, finally our first contradiction!

Spoiler: Case 3
At the end of case three Edgeworth determines that it was Hikaru that bashed him in the head, because he was hit from behind on the right side of his head - this would imply that the killer was right handed, and since Ogura is left handed, it must have been Hikaru. However, that assumes that there is only one way to swing a weapon. If Ogura had used a back-handed stroke with his left hand the weapon would have hit him the same way. Edgeworth's "contradiction" was not a contradiction after all.

I think that's it's rather simple logic:

Spoiler: Case3
Back-handed swings are not nearly as hard as regular swings. Even if you can back-hand someone on the other side of the head with a sword (which is a suprising feat might I add), it would cause injury, but probably not be hard enough to cause a concussion, let alone a knock-out.

I hope that it clears up your contradiction! :edgey:

Happy Maria

Necropost, but I do have a few questions.

In case three, how did Lance get into debt? He's freaking rich! And why did he even come up with the kidnapping plan? His father would have clearly given him the money if he had asked. And how did Gatewater Hotel get to make a theme park out of the Police Station's mascot?

Also in case 5, with the whole fan pulley thing, would the fans/wires really be able to support the statues' weight? I mean, one is a hollow fake, but the other is made of freaking gold! Wouldn't it collapse with that imbalance? Or would the rotary motion keep them there?

Loan sharks, so he could've had a gambling addiction or something. And he was probably too ashamed to ask his father? That's not too hard to believe. And the Chief of Detectives can be seen at the park so I assume he gave them the rights

As for the statue, it's possible if the fans are spinning fast enough. They might not be, I don't know enough about physics

Happy Maria

JesusMonroe wrote:
Loan sharks, so he could've had a gambling addiction or something. And he was probably too ashamed to ask his father? That's not too hard to believe. And the Chief of Detectives can be seen at the park so I assume he gave them the rights

As for the statue, it's possible if the fans are spinning fast enough. They might not be, I don't know enough about physics

The guy's 20, I think. That would have been plenty of time to really know his father. But fair enough. I still think it's weird that the Chief gave the rights to this random hotel group but there's an explanation at least.
Page 9 of 9 [ 355 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Prosecutor's Lobby