Board index » Phoenix Wright » Prosecutor's Lobby » Gourdzilla's Lair (GK2)

Page 1 of 1[ 23 posts ]

The Gregory Edgeworth Fan ThreadTopic%20Title

A Seeker of Truth

I've just played through the entirety of the case 3 patch, and I've got to say, it is a HUGE and AMAZING case. What really impressed me however, beyond the usual superb plot-twists and soundtrack, was the quality of the characters, in particular the defense attorney Gregory Edgeworth. Without spoiling anything, I LOVE his character; he's such a thoughtful, gentlemanly character that reminds me of Atticus Finch in his personality and demeanor. He treats everyone with respect- even those that the game encourages us and him to hate- is clearly a devoted family man as well as an excellent defense attorney, with an equal amount of intelligence and heart. I honestly wish this fan patch had come out sooner, because if it had you can bet your buttons I would've prepared a cosplay for Gregory for the anime convention I will be attending in a couple of months if I had the time to. :gregory: But hey, that's just me; what about you guys? What are your thoughts on the awesome Gregory Edgeworth?
"No one can change the past. The only thing we can do is strive to make up for our mistakes. Why must we make up for our mistakes, you ask? Because in so doing... we can find the way back to our path. And once we've found our path, we can move on from our past mistakes toward a brighter future."- Phoenix Wright
Re: The Gregory Edgeworth Fan ThreadTopic%20Title

I fucking love Gregory Edgeworth. And speaking of Atticus Finch, I'm 99% sure his localized name is based off of Gregory Peck

But yeah, the Edgeworths are awesome and seeing Greg go up against von Karma was amazing. I also loved young Tateyuki. It's a shame I don't really like him beyond his theme in the other cases

But speaking of themes, Gregory Edgeworth's is definitely in my top 10 for the entire series

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwkZoJ-WO2M

The video game boy; the one who wins

Although not excactly a favourite of mine, he was great and it was great seeing (and being) him alive. I really liked how he behaved around people and towards Shigaraki, they seem to have a good working relationship and it was sweet how much Shigaraki looked up to him. And talking about sweet, Gregory talking and thinking about "his son" made my heart melt. :edgey:
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)

A Seeker of Truth

GoingforMiles wrote:
Although not excactly a favourite of mine, he was great and it was great seeing (and being) him alive. I really liked how he behaved around people and towards Shigaraki, they seem to have a good working relationship and it was sweet how much Shigaraki looked up to him. And talking about sweet, Gregory talking and thinking about "his son" made my heart melt. :edgey:

Ditto; while not over-the-top affectionate, you really got the sense he was a kind, caring father that made his son a priority. It was perfectly believable (in that I could see my own father thinking along the same-lines), and as such, gave me all sorts of feels while playing his case :phoenix:
"No one can change the past. The only thing we can do is strive to make up for our mistakes. Why must we make up for our mistakes, you ask? Because in so doing... we can find the way back to our path. And once we've found our path, we can move on from our past mistakes toward a brighter future."- Phoenix Wright

I'm pretty glad GK2 developed Gregory's character. In the original trilogy, I always wished they'd explained more about his character.

I thought his character in GK2 was exactly how I expected him to be. I like that his character is subtler than the other lawyers. I just wish there had been some interaction between him and Edgey.

A Seeker of Truth

Mirii-chan wrote:
I'm pretty glad GK2 developed Gregory's character. In the original trilogy, I always wished they'd explained more about his character.

I thought his character in GK2 was exactly how I expected him to be. I like that his character is subtler than the other lawyers. I just wish there had been some interaction between him and Edgey.

Agreed :phoenix: The fact he was Von Karma's rival, Miles' role model and Mia's equal in court made me wish we knew more about him, so it was nice that we got to see some of his character :phoenix:

He definitely made a nice change from the lawyers we're used to seeing; he felt more competent, more professional and more straightforward then the likes of Phoenix, Apollo or Athena, though granted he had them all beat in experience (yes Phoenix is now the same age Gregory was when he died, but Phoenix technically only has 4 years of experience of actively being a lawyer at this point :phoenix: ). I too wish that we got to see a little familial scene between him and Miles, and moreover, I wish we got to see more of him in different cases; both as an investigator and as a lawyer in court. Ah well though, ce la Ace Attorney :gregory:

GentlemanGamer wrote:
Mirii-chan wrote:

Agreed :phoenix: The fact he was Von Karma's rival, Miles' role model and Mia's equal in court made me wish we knew more about him, so it was nice that we got to see some of his character :phoenix:

He definitely made a nice change from the lawyers we're used to seeing; he felt more competent, more professional and more straightforward then the likes of Phoenix, Apollo or Athena, though granted he had them all beat in experience (yes Phoenix is now the same age Gregory was when he died, but Phoenix technically only has 4 years of experience of actively being a lawyer at this point :phoenix: ). I too wish that we got to see a little familial scene between him and Miles, and moreover, I wish we got to see more of him in different cases; both as an investigator and as a lawyer in court. Ah well though, ce la Ace Attorney :gregory:

In 1-4, Gregory was talked about a bit, and the way the other characters described him, as Mia's equal and such, made him sound really interesting. Plus, Edgeworth has always been my favourite character, so I really wanted to hear about his father. It disappointed me that his role wasn't developed then. Still, I was really pleased when I found out he was a playable character in GK2.

I think Gregory is much less 'happy-go-lucky' than the other lawyers. He's different in that he actually acts like a proper lawyer. :basil: I think seeing him in court would have been pretty cool, too. I guess they showed that a bit in the film, but in-game it would have been really awesome. I wonder if he'd have a special technique, like how Polly has his perceiving. :eh?:

A Seeker of Truth

Mirii-chan wrote:
In 1-4, Gregory was talked about a bit, and the way the other characters described him, as Mia's equal and such, made him sound really interesting. Plus, Edgeworth has always been my favourite character, so I really wanted to hear about his father. It disappointed me that his role wasn't developed then. Still, I was really pleased when I found out he was a playable character in GK2.

I think Gregory is much less 'happy-go-lucky' than the other lawyers. He's different in that he actually acts like a proper lawyer. :basil: I think seeing him in court would have been pretty cool, too. I guess they showed that a bit in the film, but in-game it would have been really awesome. I wonder if he'd have a special technique, like how Polly has his perceiving. :eh?:

That's the innate flaw of every murder mystery; you can't really get a good grip on who that person was very easily when all you have to go on is how other people describe them. It makes sense and all within the context of the story and the mystery wouldn't be as gripping if it was about something small as opposed to murder, but when you come across victims like Gregory- an ace, moral defense attorney as well as the father of one of the best (and one of my personal favorite) characters in the series- it really makes you wish you had the opportunity to get to know them while they were still alive :sadshoe: Of course, that's what made his role within AAI2 so wonderful; we actually got to know the man Gregory Edgeworth instead of the victim Gregory Edgeworth, which was nice :trucy:

Having a 'normal, professional and proper lawyer' in a series as zany and over-the-top as Ace Attorney was refreshing to me, and made him that much more of a standout character to me :jake: I do agree though, it would've been nice to see him in court and see the Ace Attorney in action. I don't THINK he'd have a special ability, but maybe it'd just be something like 'Logic' in a courtroom setting? I dunno; it's interesting t think about though :ron:

I definitely agree that an experienced and "normal" lawyer/narrator was a nice change. I also have to say that I love his damage sprite with the nervous smile. :D

A Seeker of Truth

GoingforMiles wrote:
I definitely agree that an experienced and "normal" lawyer/narrator was a nice change. I also have to say that I love his damage sprite with the nervous smile. :D

Same here :phoenix: For lack of a better word (and I really wish I could think of one), it was cute; it always made me chuckle a it whenever it appeared :trucy: Personally speaking, I wish Miles had a nervous grin sprite as well; for the most part, his smile is either smug or cocky (at least within AAI), so to see a nervous grin on the super-serious prosecutor would be amusing :trucy:

And on a side note, I'm finding Gregory Edgeworth SUPER easy to get a cosplay ready for. I found his coat and tie at a thrift store for $17 dollars, a suitable hat is only $40 through the Village Hat Shop (an online hat vendor) and I already have black pants and dress shoes :phoenix: Certainly easier then the likes of his son; burgundy blazers and pants are not too easy to find for men- not without paying a fortune anyways- and I'm against buying pre-made cosplays myself, mostly because they don't usually work as well for wearing outside a convention :ron: BUUUUUUUT that's just my opinion, and not everyone WANTS to wear things like burgundy blazers outside of a convention, so feel free to take that with a grain of salt :trucy:

Yes! And still it felt like a realistic damage sprite, compared to most of the other's. :edgey:

And I can imagine his clothes are easy to find. ^^

A Seeker of Truth

GoingforMiles wrote:
Yes! And still it felt like a realistic damage sprite, compared to most of the other's. :edgey:

And I can imagine his clothes are easy to find. ^^

Except that fedora; everything else can be found in a single trip to the ol' thrift shop, but trying to find that fedora is giving me a headache. Mainly because I can't decide whether it's worth getting a cheap fedora just for the con, or get an expensive hat to use outside of it :ron: Ah well; not a big deal :trucy:

Another thing that I liked that he was the first playable character that we're introduced (well, unless you count his appearence in PW as a victim) to that was actually older in the series. Almost every character that we play as in the series are pretty young; Phoenix is 24, Apollo is 22. Athena is 17, and when Miles starts his career (AAI Case 4) he's only 20. Here we play as a character that's fairly advanced in his years (34, unless I'm mistaken) and has a wife (probably deceased) and child, and is considerably more mature then most protagonists up to this point (except MAYBE Miles?). It was a refreshing change of pace, if not one that remains consistent from that point on :jake:

Really? I thought hats like that would be fairly easy to find. But fedoras are awesome, so if I were you I'd settle for the latter :jake:

A Seeker of Truth

GoingforMiles wrote:
Really? I thought hats like that would be fairly easy to find. But fedoras are awesome, so if I were you I'd settle for the latter :jake:

Well they're easy to find online, but not in any shops where I live :sadshoe: The closest thing to a hat store where I live is a store called 'Lids' which, unless you're interested in ball caps, doesn't have much to offer :ron: There's PLENTY of good hats online, but finding 'the right hat' is somewhat challenging as you want to be completely sure of what you're getting when you order, and that's somwhat difficult when you can't try one on to see how it looks :sadshoe: Ah well though, I'll find eventually something that works for me; also, I think I'll take your advice andget a more expensive hat. It'll take a while before I can afford one, particularly with my limited budget, but it'll be worth the right; after all, like you say, fedoras- and hats in general- are awesome :trucy:

Ah, that makes it harder then. Good luck anyway :pearl:

A Seeker of Truth

GoingforMiles wrote:
Ah, that makes it harder then. Good luck anyway :pearl:

I was going through Case 3 again and when really thinking about it, it made me tear up

Gregory Edgeworth has always done things by the book. He's as straight-laced as can be and even stood up against people like Von Karma. He spent over a year fighting tooth and nail to acquit a man who wanted to be found guilty. The last thoughts that he had before he died were probably that he failed as a defense attorney :sadshoe:

I liked that in GK2 you not only get play as Edgeworth's dad you get to learn more about his character which was definitely a plus
All Lives Matter
Just Do It
Keep It Classic
Equality
Dream Big
All for one One for all
#Autism Speaks
#Mamba Mentality#8#24#2
Celebrate Each New Day
#WNBAAllDay
Xenoblade Chronicles 2
Kingdom Heats 3
Xenoblade Chronicles
Destiny 2
I'm interested in mechanics,so I would be happy to learn about snake traps.
Good isn't a thing you are Its a thing you do

A Kirby and AA fan

Am I the only one who thought it was a bit weird you could do Logic while playing as Gregory? I always thought that was more Miles's kind of thing, so seeing someone else use it (even if it is his own father), just seemed off.

[Whip the cream!]

Oh, I love him, a wonderful character. I liked how he behaved, I liked the fact there was an older and more experienced narrator for once, even if it wasn't for a long period of time. He seemed extremely just, respectful, intelligent and kind... And I love his interactions with Shigaraki. The interactions with von Karma made me quite sad; all I could think was "Karma is actually going to kill this wonderful man".
Gimme a "P"! Gimme an "I"! Give me a "P" and an "E"! What's that spell?! Pipe!

He's an even better player character than I remembered him to be. His way of talking and thinking is distinct and personal, and also very believable, or rather it flowed naturally and it didn't sound scripted. An overall pleasant man with strong convictions. And so sweet? "The cloth behind it gives it a magical atmosphere. When you look at it, it almost feels like you're spellbound."
-Yay! Mr. Edgeworth! Let's have our picture taken!
-Sure, I don't mind. (I'm confident in my hairstyle today...)

I've never been so fond of a character so quickly in the entire series (guess who only figured out how to play this game in English last week...), he's so... down to earth? So kind? And the fact that Miles is pretty much always on his mind made my heart melt...

As people have said, it was wonderful being able to actually meet him, rather than just hear what people had to say about him. I was kind of hoping we'd get to see him interact with a tiny Miles, but, honestly, the case was so good that I can't complain. He's exactly the sort of guy I was expecting him to be - professional, but also friendly, agreeable... and accepting of Ray's unusual paper-eating habit :L

(I'm guessing the fact that he looks a lot like my own dad probably adds to this, but honestly? Gregory Edgeworth: Ace Attorney? Wouldn't say no :will: If it happens. Which it won't)
I'm confident in my hairstyle today.

Happy Maria

He's pretty great. I liked his mannerisms and how much he cares for his son.

He looks a lot like an Atticus Finch/Clark Kent expo though.
Page 1 of 1 [ 23 posts ] 

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Prosecutor's Lobby » Gourdzilla's Lair (GK2)