Board index » Phoenix Wright » Labyrinthia (PLvsGS)

Page 1 of 1[ 31 posts ]

Where in the timeline does this belong?Topic%20Title

Servant of the Goddess of Law

This has been on my mind but when does this game take place in the Ace Attorney universe? Does it take place before Apollo Justice since he has his attorney badge and he is with Maya. Or is it after Apollo Justice and shortly before the events of Dual Destinies as when the game starts he is in Europe, I am more so on the idea that it takes place after since he tells Apollo in Dual Destinies that he was in Europe where he met Athena. So I am just wondering where does this all fit?
Re: Where in the timeline does this belong?Topic%20Title

元・超会社員級の管理人

The game pretty clearly takes place before AJ, going by Maya's age and Phoenix having his badge. If memory serves Maya says "Zvarri" at one point, so that puts it after 3-2. So it's either in one of the gaps between cases in T&T or between T&T and Phoenix's disbarment.
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

This is true that does make a bit more since,I don't think Phoenix would just up and take the bar again in Europe if it can even work that way.

The King of All

The Professor Layton timeline goes as this:
Last Specter, Eternal Diva, Miracle Mask, Azran Legacy, Curious Village, Diabolical Box, Vs. Phoenix Wright, Unwound Future.

Vs Phoenix Wright has to be after Diabolical Box because Layton and Luke
Spoiler: Diabolical Box Spoiler
meet the real Inspector Chelmey in the beginning of Diabolical Box
and the fact that Luke is wearing his clothes from the original trilogy.

If this game was canon, it would take place in the years 2018-2019 because of Maya saying "Zvarri!", but since there isn't a firm date of when Vs Phoenix Wright takes place, a date can't be placed except that the game takes place before February 2019, the date of Bridge to Turnabout.

And there you go, a timeline explanation for Vs Phoenix Wright, I hope I helped! :phoenix:
The king of all, Sir Duke

Doing the drywall at the new McDonalds

Deadpool 9 wrote:
Last Specter, Eternal Diva, Miracle Mask, Azran Legacy, Curious Village, Diabolical Box, Vs. Phoenix Wright, Unwound Future.

If this game was canon, it would take place in the years 2018-2019 because of Maya saying "Zvarri!", but since there isn't a firm date of when Vs Phoenix Wright takes place, a date can't be placed except that the game takes place before February 2019, the date of Bridge to Turnabout.

And there you go, a timeline explanation for Vs Phoenix Wright, I hope I helped! :phoenix:

This is generally what I've found but I disagree with your point about it taking place BEFORE Bridge to the Turnabout. It seems like it would take place after Bridge to the Turnabout, possibly in the last month before Phoenix loses his badge. We know that Maya doesn't become Master of Kurain for at least another year (according to the date from JFA) but she's not present at Phoenix's last trial. I don't know if DD does anything to explain this.

Anyway, it's possible that it takes place before, but it seems more likely its after considering they don't mention anything about it in 3-5. Although personally, I'm leaning towards viewing it as non-canon
Spoiler:
based on the fact it apparently doesn't "explain" or give a "logical", "real world" explanation for the magic book teleporting them places, like "it was just a dream" or "there's some strange X-Files stuff going on". Apparently they really did go through a magic book, so either it's canon and Phoenix just kept on living his normal life after this without even telling anyone about it or it's non canon. Or it is canon, and it will be revealed that magic teleporting books do exist when Capcom and Cyan announce Phoenix Wright Vs. Myst in 2017.

I used to have Sam Waterston as my avatar but photobucket added a watermark and also Law & Order has been cancelled for 10 years so it's time for me to move on.

The King of All

D.A. McCoy wrote:
Deadpool 9 wrote:

This is generally what I've found but I disagree with your point about it taking place BEFORE Bridge to the Turnabout. It seems like it would take place after Bridge to the Turnabout, possibly in the last month before Phoenix loses his badge. We know that Maya doesn't become Master of Kurain for at least another year (according to the date from JFA) but she's not present at Phoenix's last trial. I don't know if DD does anything to explain this.

Anyway, it's possible that it takes place before, but it seems more likely its after considering they don't mention anything about it in 3-5. Although personally, I'm leaning towards viewing it as non-canon
Spoiler:
based on the fact it apparently doesn't "explain" or give a "logical", "real world" explanation for the magic book teleporting them places, like "it was just a dream" or "there's some strange X-Files stuff going on". Apparently they really did go through a magic book, so either it's canon and Phoenix just kept on living his normal life after this without even telling anyone about it or it's non canon. Or it is canon, and it will be revealed that magic teleporting books do exist when Capcom and Cyan announce Phoenix Wright Vs. Myst in 2017.

Spoiler: Professor Layton Vs Phoenix Wright
Actually, you're right, it has to be after 3-5 because up until 3-5, Edgeworth was abroad, and he shows up in PLVSAA, so the game needs to take place after 3-5 but before Phoenix's last case which is a few months later

What did he do this time...?

I hate to keep saying this, but the demo of PL vs AA had Maya say that they haven't seen each other since Trials and Tribulations. (thus shattering the 4th wall, but it's a demo.)
Want to play my custom-made Ace Attorney case made on Ace Attorney Online? (you must be using Firefox to run it)
Turnabout Destiny

The King of All

Danchat wrote:
I hate to keep saying this, but the demo of PL vs AA had Maya say that they haven't seen each other since Trials and Tribulations. (thus shattering the 4th wall, but it's a demo.)

I don't think that was in the full game and besides, the Dual Destinies demo broke the 4th wall too, and that wasn't in the full game either

Well I am starting to think this game may not be canon in the Ace Attorney universe...if it is then Wright has some explaining to do.
Spoiler:
This game obviously takes place after Trials and Tribulations due to Maya saying Zivari! and the special episode reference to Godot and how he never has more than 17 cups of coffee in a trial. In the first special episode Nick said an entire year had passed since the events of the game, and he was still donning his attorney's badge. That makes it the year 2020. At this point Wright has since been disbarred but acts if though he is still a lawyer. Now this brings me to one of three conclusions. This game is just not canon at all and the special episodes are just silly things that utterly destroy the 4th wall and should have no baring on the canon. The second conclusion I can come to is maybe Wright is still able to practice law in some circles and still has ties to the Legal League of Attorneys and he is able to practice law abroad. The third one is that this game takes place sometime during the events of Dual Destinies or sometime after,however that is the least likely out of all of them because Maya still refers to herself as a Spirit Medium in training and it would contradict the Layton time line...so all in all my head hurts.

元・超会社員級の管理人

You can probably wrangle the main game as being canon, but the special episodes are sooooo not. There's not even a ghost of a fourth wall there.
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

Bolt Storm wrote:
You can probably wrangle the main game as being canon, but the special episodes are sooooo not. There's not even a ghost of a fourth wall there.

Haha yeah it is interesting to think about though on what if the special episodes are canon.

Gardevoir lover

The special episodes aren't canon so you can't really include that.
Phoenix did say he went to Europe a lot in DD, when i read that this is the first thing that came to mind.
I like to think that in those visits he takes a bit of time to visit Layton.

I think it may take place in between the second and third cases of AA3. Which would kind of explain something that bugged me from AA3, you'd think Phoenix would have known about the impersonator sooner than when he got the info from Gumshoe, so maybe he was in London in that time?

My DA account can be found here: http://klonoahedgehog.deviantart.com/

Loyal subject of His High Leafiness

If the game is canon, then it definitely takes place after "Bridge to the Turnabout" because:

Spoiler: Chapter 6 spoiler (less spoilery edition)
There's a comment on some statues in the game looking like the Ami Fey statue in Hazakura Temple.

Spoiler: Chapter 6 spoiler (more spoilery edition)
Maya will say: "Hey! Check out all those statues! These sorta remind me of the statue of Ami Fey in the Hazakura Temple" if you examine the statues in the small room in the ruins.

Spoiler: Overall plot spoiler
The ending of the game where it is revealed that magic isn't real certainly makes it not incomparable with the Ace Attorney universe. The fact that it's never mentioned again in-game can be hand-waved by saying that either nobody ever asked, or that they were told off-screen.

It would therefore have to fit somewhere in the period between ''Bridge to the Turnabout'' (February 10, 2019) and Zak Gramarye's trial (April 19), but also taking into account Maya and Wright's cameo appearances in the Edgeworth games (i.e., March 13 and April 6). So basically either mid-to-late February or mid-to-late March of 2019.

Gardevoir lover

I just realized this means that the first Layton trilogy takes place in 2018 with this game into account.

My DA account can be found here: http://klonoahedgehog.deviantart.com/

Loyal subject of His High Leafiness

Klonoahedgehog wrote:
I just realized this means that the first Layton trilogy takes place in 2018 with this game into account.

The idea that the entire AA timeline is based on one mentioned date for the DL-6 Incident is odd enough, but to have another video game series base their timeline off that date too? :meekins:

"Not content with just one video game series, the date of the DL-6 Incident turned its sights on the Layton series as well. Will no franchise be safe?"

"Eggs?"

Spoiler:
The fact that Maya says 'Zvarri' may or may not be a reference to Luke Atmey. Zvarri is a real word, you know, not just a catchphrase...
But I do see your point. Like I said, it MAY OR MAY NOT BE a reference.

ALL OF Y'ALL IGNORE THIS POST PLZ
I AM BACK KIDDOS AND I'M WATCHING YOU

For me, tumblr is more easily accessible on a day to day basis, so if you REALLY want to, go there. :think:
OR if you want to, message me and I'll send you my Discord!!

Last edited by TheBlackquillz on Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Y'know

Uh... It isn't a real word?

"Eggs?"

I TAKE IT BACK. I read an article once explaining how Zvarri is a real word, but then the original author of the article put up another article saying that he was a troll, and then he took down both articles.

Ugh. Sorry. Zvarri isn't a word, so just ignore that other post.

:shoe:

For me, tumblr is more easily accessible on a day to day basis, so if you REALLY want to, go there. :think:

A Kirby and AA fan

Say what? What sort of site even publishes such articles...?

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

It belongs after T&T and before AJAA. Maya says "Zvarri" a lot and Nick is so famous he gets to represent something something "Legal League of Attorneys" on tour or something.

As for Layton and Luke I say it's after Lost Future when Luke returns to Layton, which he does in my headcanon.
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney

An Enigma Among Humans

linkenski wrote:
It belongs after T&T and before AJAA. Maya says "Zvarri" a lot and Nick is so famous he gets to represent something something "Legal League of Attorneys" on tour or something.

As for Layton and Luke I say it's after Lost Future when Luke returns to Layton, which he does in my headcanon.

In YOUR headcanon. I agree with that first one, but I think it takes place between Diabolical Box and Unwound Future.

Possibly sometime during one of the Investigations games.

"Eggs?"

I think I've figured it out, everybody.
Spoiler: Here we go
As of timeline in Ace Attorney universe, it's obvious that it belongs between Trials and Tribulations and Apollo Justice due to the fact that Maya says Zvarri and references Godot in a special episode, and he still has his badge.

As of timeline in Professor Layton universe, this is still shady but is slightly obvious that it happens between the end of Curious Village and the beginning of Unwound(Lost) Future. Luke has his blue sweater on, which means it happens after Azran Legacy. And, having played the Azran Legacy, it seems to be that there isn't much time between the end of Azran Legacy and begining of Curious Village. And since Luke leaves right after Unwound Future, so that's out of the question. To me, personally, I think it happened between Diabolical Box and Unwound Future.

Smithee wrote:
Possibly sometime during one of the Investigations games.

That'd have to be Ace Attorney Investigations 2, considering Phoenix makes two cameos in the first one. This, of course, would also mean that AAI2 takes place between Trials and Tribulations and Apollo Justice.

A Kirby and AA fan

TheBlackquillz wrote:
I think I've figured it out, everybody.
Spoiler: Here we go
As of timeline in Ace Attorney universe, it's obvious that it belongs between Trials and Tribulations and Apollo Justice due to the fact that Maya says Zvarri and references Godot in a special episode, and he still has his badge.

As of timeline in Professor Layton universe, this is still shady but is slightly obvious that it happens between the end of Curious Village and the beginning of Unwound(Lost) Future. Luke has his blue sweater on, which means it happens after Azran Legacy. And, having played the Azran Legacy, it seems to be that there isn't much time between the end of Azran Legacy and begining of Curious Village. And since Luke leaves right after Unwound Future, so that's out of the question. To me, personally, I think it happened between Diabolical Box and Unwound Future.

Hold on..
Spoiler: Not so fast
If I recall correctly, Layton and Luke only met the real Chelmey in Diabolical Box and onwards, which means it has to be after Diabolical Box.

"Eggs?"

Nurio wrote:
Hold on..
Spoiler: Not so fast
If I recall correctly, Layton and Luke only met the real Chelmey in Diabolical Box and onwards, which means it has to be after Diabolical Box.

Well then, there you go. It happened between T&T - AJ for Ace Attorney and it happened between Diabolical Box and Unwound Future for Prof. Layton, everyone.
(PS. Someone needs to make a Professor Layton smiley right now)

Enoshima Junko-chan!

Spoiler:
Phoenix and Maya apparently spent five years in Labyrinthia. How is this explained? Does time pass slower there?

"Eggs?"

MBr wrote:
Spoiler:
Phoenix and Maya apparently spent five years in Labyrinthia. How is this explained? Does time pass slower there?

Naw. They were just on drugs.

But as a real answer:
Spoiler:
They were brainwashed by Darklaw when she was forced to bring them to Labyrinthia, hence everyone thought they had been around for five years. They had just actually been there for a day or two. During the trial, Phoenix regains his memories exactly how he does in Case 1 in Justice for All. And how Maya regains her memories and stuff? Never got explained...

¡Protesto!

Hold it! In AAI we see Phoenix, Maya and Pearl, but in AAI2 we can see only Phoenix and Maya. The game is between AAI and AAI2 or AJ.

A Kirby and AA fan

Feroz El Mejor wrote:
Hold it! In AAI we see Phoenix, Maya and Pearl, but in AAI2 we can see only Phoenix and Maya. The game is between AAI and AAI2 or AJ.

While it's a nice theory, it is far from concrete proof. I mean, Pearl could easily just have been back at the office while she forced Maya and Phoenix to go on a stroll or something.

Happy Maria

Actually,Maya references Hazakura temple late game,so it takes place after 3-5. In the Layton universe though,I'm not sure.
Spoiler: Layton trilogy original
it takes place before the third game as Luke is still there,and it takes place after the second game since we see the real Inspector Chelmey at the start. But where's Flora? And why do they say something about going on another quest at the end? They can't be referring to the third game,since they had no idea what was going to transpire. Maybe Clive's note? I dunno. Still pretty tricky to pinpoint.

The video game boy; the one who wins

I've been playing the 2016-cases and forward in chronological order and I'm playing PLvsPW now, i.e between 3-2 and 3-3. With the amount of times Maya says "Zvarri!" it really feels like that trial happened not too long ago so that it's still fresh on her mind, and that case with its twist and turns and famous thief in the center of it feels big enough so that Wright would be invited to England. The Hazakura reference is what throws a wrench in it but I'd say it still works. Maya has seen the statue recently and it could have been transported to the temple shortly afterwards with her knowing about it. She says in 3-5 she thinks she's heard of Hazakura before so it's possible she heard the name in passing and then vaguely recognized it in 3-5 since a couple of months had passed and much happened inbetween. Granted it's a bit of a stretch that she'd go out of her way to mention its location at Hazakura rather than just "the Ami Fey statue" but it's still plausible enough that I personally would place it here in the timeline.
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)
Page 1 of 1 [ 31 posts ] 

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Labyrinthia (PLvsGS)