Board index » General » Trial Minutes

Page 1 of 1[ 5 posts ]

DGS in Famitsu 7/2 - Full ScansTopic%20Title

元・超会社員級の管理人

Famitsu is out, and brings with it 8 pages on DGS!

Spoiler: Scans
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

The article brings us a better look at Tobias Gregson, a detective at Scotland Yard. Noted for his love of fish and chips (yes, really), he's also appeared in the Sherlock Holmes novels Iris writes, which is both a source of pride and vexation to him. (Later, Takumi notes he serves as something of the game's Gumshoe equivalent.)

Next up, the article shows us Holmes' and Iris' home, as well as a look at Holmes when he's not dressed up to go investigating. That's quite the hairdo, Mr. Holmes...

The fifth and sixth pages bring us play impressions on the game's first two episodes. They're all quite positive, with the caveat that one author, upon learning episode 2 didn't have a trial section, said "Huh? Then it's not really "Turnabout Trial", is it?" (Turnabout Trial being the translation of "Gyakuten Saiban".) But with that out of the way, they had a good time (even if their final impression was "everyone in this game is weird!")

After that comes an interview with Kojima and Takumi. I haven't got time to translate it all, but some interesting points: writing the game's script only wrapped up in April, Takumi notes that after writing Phoenix so long writing Apollo had been difficult and that influenced how he wrote Ryuunosuke, and that - if possible - they'd love to do a sequel.

Lastly, the game was reviewed by Famitsu's staff, and received a score of 9/9/9/8, for a total of 35/40. In general, the impressions were quite positive, and the staff logged an average play time of 30 hours. The full Japanese reviews can be seen here.

A week to go!
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.
Re: DGS in Famitsu 7/2 - Full ScansTopic%20Title

Looking really good.

Tobias seems to be a nice guy, although I hope he is a little bit different Compared to Gumshoe. I wonder if the police force in the British Empire is as incompetent as the one in Japanifornia?

I really like Sherlock and Iris' home. The backgroudn art is beautiful as always and I like how the left and right side totally show the differences in their characters. Iris' typewriter seems to be a non-permanent object and probably won't stay there all the time.

Now we have the confirmation case 2 is indeed without a trial. I wonder if the Joint Reasoning is all we get to do there or if there will be some kind of witness interrogations as we got them in AAI?

30 hours average playtime is pretty long for an AA game. It usually took me around 20-25 hours as a non-native English speaker (for the English versions of course).

It would be very nice if somebody got the time to translate the review (what the four reviewers said).

Breakdown

Woah, that'd be cool if case 2 was an Investigations "confrontations" style section, unless it's a cliffhanger setup for the trial in case 3. Nonetheless looking forward to hearing the OST and seeing some gameplay footage soon. :maya:

Programmer

There are a few possible ways to deal with episode 3 not having the trial of episode 2:
  • The suspect flees, only to be revealed in a later episode
  • The suspect commits suicide
  • It was an accident
  • The suspect is murdered

Currently working on a redesign of cr.net itself! Come talk to me about it on Discord!

Whoa,this is all really interesting...glad to hear the game got good reviews,and that it will be kinda long.Since case 2 doesn't have a trial section,maybe we will really get more than 5 cases now.

Hadn't they mentioned something about a fire in the courtroom happening during case 3? It seems like the protagonist are going to have worse luck than usual this time around...
Signature loading, please wait...
Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Board index » General » Trial Minutes