Board index » General » Trial Minutes

Page 5 of 7[ 264 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Re: AA6 blowout: Maya confirmed, trailer, 6/9 release, web dTopic%20Title

I can't be the only one with this ship?

Where are you guys pre-ordering from

I'm super hyped Maya is in this game

Last edited by EdgeworthxOldbag on Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rubia Ryu the Royal wrote:
The Payne bros have never been "main" prosecutors, so there should be another prosecutor that Wright faces off. If Edgeworth and Klavier are DLC-exclusive, it has to be a new prosecutor. I believe Nayuta has just arrived in the Japanifornian courts when he appears (the stream footage of case 2 in court seems to suggest so), so I don't think he'd be leaving that soon.

But since Nayuta is an international prosecutor, he might be able to travel back and forth between cases (we don't know how long Nick is going to stay in Kurain, do we?). I mean, it wouldn't really make sense to introduce yet another new prosecutor when Leifa is already sort of playing that role. And it doesn't make sense for any returning prosecutor to be there (if they wanted to go for that, they would have kept Nayuta in Kurain and have Apollo facing Klavier/Edgeworth/Blackquill/whoever). The only one that could be there is Franziska, and I doubt she'd be willing to prosecute a case on the basis of some magic water mirror. She might show up as the token final prosecutor because Nayuta can't be there or something, though. Maybe she'll be in Japanifornia accusing one person of a crime with evidence while Nayuta is accusing someone in Kurain with the water mirror, and in the end both are wrong. And the alibi of the final boss probably involves 'I was in another country when it happened'.

PD: I've just noticed that the wind doesn't move Apollo's spikes in the trailer while it looks like Athena's ponytail is about to be blown away at any moment. That must be some hardcore hair gel.

Doing the drywall at the new McDonalds

Scent wrote:
Klonoahedgehog wrote:
MH MD wrote:
About WAA crises thing , isn't it kind of obvious that it have something to do with Trucy in case 2 ? you know , cause it involves magic show starring Trucy and all that , it is entirely possible that she was hurt in this case or accused of some crime in that magic show -or she is the victim , but i highly doubt that will happen to a main character in the 2nd case nonetheless-

It wouldn't surprise me if they killed off Trucy, she did nothing in AA6, it doesn't look like they know what to do with her and there would be like 4 assistants running around.

wuuut...? :eh?: I doubt they're gonna kill her off. She has become quite irrelevant, but I'm sure they'll make her relevant again here in GS6, seeing as how it's very probable they might touch the Gramarye Family feud again.

I've thought about this a bit and it does seem like it would have to be related to Trucy. That worries me a bit. I'm always saying that they could kill off anyone and I'd accept it as long as the story was told well and was meaningful, but I think Trucy is one of the few characters that wouldn't be able to meet these requirements (and I swear this isn't just because she's my favorite assistant. Mostly.) Trucy is in a weird position because she is without a doubt the most important person to Wright - she's his daughter. Maya's probably pretty equal but based on his dialogue in AJ and DD (as well as just the basic human experience) Trucy is his life. At the same time, at this point she is the character with the least amount of stuff to do, and she has astonishingly little screentime which is completely the other direction from her large role in Wright's life. This is because the character herself doesn't really contribute much to the actual lawyering anymore now that Athena is there (like I said, the fanboy in me would prefer that Trucy be Apollo's assistant in GS6, not Athena, but looking at it objectively which makes more sense to help you out? A junior partner at the law office or a magic-practicing high-school student?). So while I could imagine Phoenix, Apollo, Athena, even Maya going out in a blaze of glory and helping to stop more violence, Trucy can't really do anything to help the case along in her death. So we have a character that's likely the most important character in the entire series to the main protagonist, but that character in completely unnecessary and ineffective for the actual gameplay. So I don't see how her death could really be meaningful unless it was a way (an unnecessarily cruel way, in my opinion) to have Nick face great tragedy and try to deal with it or find whoever is responsible. Which brings me to my next point.

GS6 is already setting Phoenix up for a "My dear friend/"child" is in trouble and possibly hurt/dead and I need to rush over to Kurain to stop it" story arc (at least in the beginning). Maya is probably the person Wright cares about most after Trucy, so he's already (at least for a little bit) going to be going through some of these fears and feelings in that storyline. There's no way to make Trucy's death work in the game as well (Phoenix rushes over to Kurain, saves Maya, finds out about Trucy, rushes back to Japanifornia, morns or whatever) as its too much emotional trauma for Nick and it's rehashing the same idea. It also doesn't make sense knowing what we seem to know, which hints that Nick's story will take place in Kurain for the majority of the game. There is no way that Nick would just hang out there if he found out Trucy had died. If he was in the middle of solving Maya's "murder" or trial or whatever and her murder was already done with nothing he could do, maybe he'd try to compartmentalize until it was ok but then he wouldn't continue to hang out in Kurain; he'd be on the first plane back to Japanifornia. There is no way (unless they make the biggest writing mistake they could make) that Phoenix wouldn't put the death of his own daughter at the forefront in this game. The only way I could see it working is if Apollo and Athena didn't tell Phoenix about it, but I don't think that would happen - I don't think anyone would react like that in the circumstances of the game's story.

So with that in mind, I very much doubt that Trucy will be killed and if they do end up doing it then they will have a very hard time convincing me that they can write it out adequately. Even Takumi (which many people tend to consider better at writing characterization than Yamazaki) severely mishandled Maya's "death" in VS (in my opinion, at least) so I can't imagine any way in which this could work out well.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong but one of the Japanese pre-order 3DS themes is a magic-themed one with Trucy and Athena onstage at the magic theatre . If she was going to die then this would seem a little morbid and it would make more sense to put Apollo or somebody in it.

So at this point my guess is it will have something to do with Trucy or the Gramaryes, but it will not be that she's murdered. She could very likely be a suspect, though.
I used to have Sam Waterston as my avatar but photobucket added a watermark and also Law & Order has been cancelled for 10 years so it's time for me to move on.

is a five star man.

If there's another prosecutor for Kurain aside from Nayuta, this game will go down severely in my expectations. The games already have a hard job balancing the number of characters, and having two prosecutors will do nothing but inflate the issue. I'm already worried that Nayuta wasn't shown in the new trailer (although he was in the demo trailer), and I'm really hoping we don't get a Barnham situation, where the prosecutor's story is shoved to one side and left completely underdeveloped.
Visit http://toatalireviews.com for all your TV and video game review needs.

Of course they aren't going to kill Trucy. AA isn't the kind of game that goes around killing returning characters, especially not someone as important to everyone else. I mean, c'mon, how could any scene with Phoenix or Apollo involve the least bit of humor after that? It's simply not happening, period.

I'm guessing she'll get the Kay treatment from AAI2, where she's important in one case, but not really relevant for the overarching plot. Or maybe she'll get injured and get Yamazaki's trademark dramatic bandages. But dying? Nope.

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

Anything regarding Trucy being killed off just reeks of being in poor taste to me. They won't do that unless they're insane.
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney

No main characters are going to die.

nevertalk wrote:
No main characters are going to die.

Exactly. This is still a rather comedic and endearing cast of characters. It'll be like those deaths in Futurama or Family Guy. It's just not right to do in this series. At best the stories underlying all the mystery and brutal killings of random people in Ace Attorneys are soap operas to be completely honest.

Monkey with a gun

Toatali wrote:
and I'm really hoping we don't get a Barnham situation, where the prosecutor's story is shoved to one side and left completely underdeveloped.

Nah I doubt it, it's pretty obvious the main prosecutor will probably shift between countries, and make some order boogaloo they did with DD, so it's safely the same person, or Atleast not a new character

Barnham's situation was the fault of vs Layton

The only time a prosecutor really fell flat was Franziska and that was only because she kept going MUH FATHER, MUH LEGACY, it wasn't until T&T and AAI that she got better development

Hotdiddykong wrote:
The only time a prosecutor really fell flat was Franziska and that was only because she kept going MUH FATHER, MUH LEGACY, it wasn't until T&T and AAI that she got better development

I disagree. Franziska was a little flat until the end of JFA where everything got explained. Her characterization was all back loaded (which doesn't help her until then), but it was there.

Klavier was the only bad prosecutor in the series. You put his friend and his brother in jail for murder and the only reaction you get out of the guy is him air guitaring. He's never a threat, he's never the cause of any tension, and he's never interesting.

Apollon Flame

Toatali wrote:
If there's another prosecutor for Kurain aside from Nayuta, this game will go down severely in my expectations. The games already have a hard job balancing the number of characters, and having two prosecutors will do nothing but inflate the issue. I'm already worried that Nayuta wasn't shown in the new trailer (although he was in the demo trailer), and I'm really hoping we don't get a Barnham situation, where the prosecutor's story is shoved to one side and left completely underdeveloped.

Oh , man. :sadshoe: That was my main gripe with Zacharias Barnham. He was such a cool character, yet felt empty at the same time... :yogi: It must have been because of that: he lacked any development or relevance to the story.

But I'm optimistic and think that, if they could handle a lot of characters in GK2, then they can handle a lot of characters in GS6!! :will:
A King

in name

alone...

Monkey with a gun

nevertalk wrote:
Hotdiddykong wrote:

I disagree. Franziska was a little flat until the end of JFA where everything got explained. Her characterization was all back loaded (which doesn't help her until then), but it was there.

Klavier was the only bad prosecutor in the series. You put his friend and his brother in jail for murder and the only reaction you get out of the guy is him air guitaring. He's never a threat, he's never the cause of any tension, and he's never interesting.

Her personality never really went outside her anger and reasoning though, I think the problem was more that she isn't fit to be a prosecutor as great as others, her role as Interpol was a lot better suited

Klavier, for me, was Edgeworth without the drama, he wants to do his job and get the right verdict, his realization of what happens but roles with it shows he doesn't let things phase him and that's good, though I do agree he wasn't much of a threat, His brother was basically the only threat the entire Case 4

Gardevoir lover

Huh, i guess i started a discussion without being around to participate in it. Well i just want to say i never said i wanted it to happen, just that it wouldn't surprise me if they went that direction.

I'm sorry if i'm coming across as negative, i want to be excited for this game but i keep getting the vibe that this game is yelling "YOU WILL REMEMBER THE ORIGINAL TRILOGY! YOU WILL LOVE IT AS IT LOVED YOU!" and that vibe isn't really sitting right with me. I'll still give the game a chance but i'm nervous that i'm not sure if i like it.

My DA account can be found here: http://klonoahedgehog.deviantart.com/

What did he do this time...?

Toatali wrote:

Don't worry, there's a reason why they gave us the detail about Nayuta being a international prosecutor. I'm very confident he's going to be taking on Phoenix in Kurain.
Want to play my custom-made Ace Attorney case made on Ace Attorney Online? (you must be using Firefox to run it)
Turnabout Destiny

Doing the drywall at the new McDonalds

Danchat wrote:
Toatali wrote:

Don't worry, there's a reason why they gave us the detail about Nayuta being a international prosecutor. I'm very confident he's going to be taking on Phoenix in Kurain.

Yeah, despite what the marketing shows I actually think he's going to spend the majority of his time in Kurain. He seems to fit the setting there more than in Japanifornia and he is obviously going to have some kind of development as the prosecutor always does. Also there's no way Payne would be the prosecutor any more than one case in Kurain because he isn't mysterious, frightning, or interesting to the audience.

I still like the idea that Nayuta is actually two people channeling the same spirit in both parts of the world, but there's evidence of that especially since they're no longer being ambiguous about the gender so I'm pretty much abandoning that idea.
I used to have Sam Waterston as my avatar but photobucket added a watermark and also Law & Order has been cancelled for 10 years so it's time for me to move on.

D.A. McCoy wrote:
Danchat wrote:
Toatali wrote:

Yeah, despite what the marketing shows I actually think he's going to spend the majority of his time in Kurain. He seems to fit the setting there more than in Japanifornia and he is obviously going to have some kind of development as the prosecutor always does. Also there's no way Payne would be the prosecutor any more than one case in Kurain because he isn't mysterious, frightning, or interesting to the audience.

I still like the idea that Nayuta is actually two people channeling the same spirit in both parts of the world, but there's evidence of that especially since they're no longer being ambiguous about the gender so I'm pretty much abandoning that idea.

Nayuta twins , male and female, one of them in Japanefornia and the other in Kurain , everyone is happy including those who want another female prosecutor.

Art Person

Famitsu's going to have an article on Maya in their next issue:
http://www.famitsu.com/news/201603/08100843.html

is a five star man.

SuperAj3 wrote:
Famitsu's going to have an article on Maya in their next issue:
http://www.famitsu.com/news/201603/08100843.html

Looks like 'Jesus' standing over the dead body, so he'll probably be the murderer (sorry those who wanted him to be detective). He's even doing the Frank Sahwit pose.
Visit http://toatalireviews.com for all your TV and video game review needs.

元・超会社員級の管理人

Also possible that he's just the first person to find the body. Depends on if the team wants to make this an AAI2 intro or an AA5 intro!
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

Racing through the sky like a Missile

Potdino Niwakas? I suppose that means he's a very excitable man with a love for South Asian music.

I still say he's a hippie.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

Call me James

Potdino Niwakas? I suppose that means he's a very excitable man with a love for South Asian music.

Localisation will probably make him a hippie. I'm actually fine with that.
http://i.neoseeker.com/mgv/9935-Akira_E ... 44a161.gif

"I love the thrill of a good solution!"

Apollon Flame

Professor Yoshi wrote:

Localisation will probably make him a hippie. I'm actually fine with that.

Makes sense for them to make POTdino a hippie... :basil:
A King

in name

alone...

Hi, I can't make a new topic for this, so I just post it here:
I wrote down the full script for new demo, here it is if anyone interested.

I got it from the source code of the demo, so it should be correct. Though evidence/profile descriptions and "feelings" in the medium vision are missing.

Apollon Flame

Pottty wrote:
Hi, I can't make a new topic for this, so I just post it here:
I wrote down the full script for new demo, here it is if anyone interested.

I got it from the source code of the demo, so it should be correct. Though evidence/profile descriptions and "feelings" in the medium vision are missing.

Thanks! :godot: Now it'll be easier for someone to translate/localize it~ :bellboy:
A King

in name

alone...

So is there nothing in the new Famitsu? Or are there no leaks, because it's just a recap?

Last edited by Lusankya on Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Apollon Flame

Lusankya wrote:
So is there nothing in the new Famitsu? Or are there no leaks, because it just a recap?

I think it's just a recap with one or two new screenshots.
A King

in name

alone...

[Whip the cream!]

Oh... Maya. I see. I totally missed that.
Gimme a "P"! Gimme an "I"! Give me a "P" and an "E"! What's that spell?! Pipe!

元・超会社員級の管理人

Famitsu's basically a recap. You can see scans over this way.
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

One new little detail I hadn't caught before. That top background panel in the last image is definitely a Bones-produced cutscene still and it shows Phoenix running with a suitcase on his way to his plane for Kurain. Likely from the yet-to-be-seen introductory cutscene.

I can feel it. Mitamaru is going to be the most important character in this game. He's gonna find the evidence that saves everyone. You can do it, boy! You're gonna be a hero!
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu

I can feel it. Mitamaru is going to be the most important character in this game. He's gonna find the evidence that saves everyone. You can do it, boy! You're gonna be a hero!

What if he's the true mastermind...

Spoiler:
Who wants to bet the victim trips over him or something to that effect.

Auburnsun wrote:

Spoiler:

This post discourages me more than I think it should.
Spoiler: DGS-2
But I hope they don't pull that on us again. Nikomina's kitty wasn't responsible for anything, but the concept was still there.

Edit: Fyi, guys, I'm talking about the dog.

Auburnsun wrote:

Spoiler:

This post discourages me more than I think it should.
But I hope they don't pull that on us again. Nikomina's kitty wasn't responsible for anything, but the concept was still there.

Edit: Fyi, guys, I'm talking about the dog.

Honestly, I don't want it either but I could easily see it happening.

Even if it is a coincidence, AA6 does remind me of DGS in some ways more than one...It definitely feels like the AA6 team is taking notes from Takumi's team, though. I don't recall the games by the AAI team ever having prominent animal characters. (Case 2 of AAI2 doesn't really count, they weren't individual characters really.)

It would explain why the victim wasn't able to see his "murderer", though. There are more bizarre theories from 2ch that Bokuto is the mastermind of the game and is only innocent in the first case but that seems a BIT too far-fetched for me even for AA.

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Thought I'd translate the screenshots for Turnabout Foreigner (That's what the first episode is called)

Screenshot 1:
Payne: Yesterday, the "Jewel of the Founder" was stolen from Jiin Temple's treasury.

Screenshot 2:
Bokuto: I-I'm not lying! I didn't steal anything or kill anyone!

Screenshot 3:
Phoenix: I don't care if defending is a crime! I'll still defend Bokuto!

Also, the movie for Mitamaru:
Spoiler:
Mitamaru: *barking noises*

Bokuto: H-Hey! Stop that, Mitamaru!

Bokuto: Appilakke!

Phoenix: Hey, Bokuto. Appilakke.

Bokuto: (Couldn't get this one)

POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Mia Payne

You guys... you know what I think? What if Defense Attorney's are hated because Gregory Edgeworth was a defense attorney and he caused Misty Fey to be ridiculed?

Gardevoir lover

Blizdi wrote:
You guys... you know what I think? What if Defense Attorney's are hated because Gregory Edgeworth was a defense attorney and he caused Misty Fey to be ridiculed?

I'm curious as to how that would work.

Honestly not sure how they could tie it in without making it feel forced. Then again considering DL6 seems to have damaged basically everybody in this universe.

My DA account can be found here: http://klonoahedgehog.deviantart.com/

Mia Payne

Klonoahedgehog wrote:
Blizdi wrote:

I'm curious as to how that would work.

Honestly not sure how they could tie it in without making it feel forced. Then again considering DL6 seems to have damaged basically everybody in this universe.

But it makes sense!

Mitamaru was said to "possibly having a surprisingly big role" in the scans. I'm getting suspicious now.

Derper

The aa6 site's been updated at least.

Edit:
Spoiler: Final Boss
Bokuto will definitely be the mastermind. His channeling technique will be channeling animal spirits into his dog. He will channel a legendary creature of Kurain for the last case that will cast the world in fire and brimstone.

That's why Mitamaru's reddish.

Sometimes I feel like facepalming
I'm just not sure on whose face to push my hand on.

Wow, Capcom done good. They uploaded the entire stream on the site.

Also: is it me, or is Mitamaru's quote the most aggressive, threatening piece of speech that has ever shown up on an AA site?

Page 5 of 7 [ 264 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Board index » General » Trial Minutes