Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Kingdom of Khura'in (GS6)

Page 2 of 5[ 187 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Re: Case four discussion thread (tagged spoilers)Topic%20Title

1000% Knight

Meowzy wrote:
Just make sure I've got this right:

Spoiler:
Susuru works at a soba shop and was delivering food to the master at the yose and helping teach Bakufu how to make noodles? Bakufu wanted to make noodles for Puuko so he made udon instead of soba. And theeen... She killed the master with the udon dough, blood ended up on the dough so she fed it to the dog. And then Bifuu's other personalities rearranged the karuta cards to frame Susuru because the message made them think that they (Isoda) killed Bakufu.

Is all that correct?

Fix'd.
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

Ace Fangirl

Oooh, I see. That makes sense! Thanks!

迷探偵

Considering how it was translated in 2-2, perhaps
Spoiler:
They'll be giving Pūko a sesame allergy instead of a soba allergy in the localized version :D

"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

Racing through the sky like a Missile

I don't think I've ever heard of anyone being a allergic to pizza. Best to stuck to soba.

Edit: dang it.

Though, the judge is still the real mvp here. What a delicious trial.

Edit 2: Say, Ash,
Spoiler:
would sesame really work if she touched the soba stock of noodles from the fridge? I don't think sesame belongs in fridge.

The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

What they could do for the localization:

Spoiler:
They could make Isoda's name seven letters long.

POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

迷探偵

Rubia Ryu the Royal wrote:
Edit 2: Say, Ash,
Spoiler:
would sesame really work if she touched the soba stock of noodles from the fridge? I don't think sesame belongs in fridge.

Spoiler:
Obviously, the murderer first killed the master with the pizza dough, and then grabbed the spaghetti from the fridge which had a slight hint of sesame (oil) in it as a little extra.

"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

FenrirDarkWolf wrote:
SuperAj3 wrote:
Started watching a stream of the ep and...
Spoiler: case 4
The localisation team need to replace those bento with Pizza boxes XD

Spoiler: don't read unless you already know the murder weapon
Strangled with pizza dough maybe? XD

Spoiler:
But the culprit is allergic to pizza, so that can't be the murder weapon. It was actually cake batter.

Blacker than a moonless night,
hotter and more bitter than
Hell itself... That is coffee.

Wotter boy

Why was Nayuta in Japanifornia anyway in this case?
Case 3 ends legit one day before this case.

Edgeworth works fast and so does he.

No, really. That's the only excuse. Even the judge asks him why he's here.

Sounds like Edgeworth really likes pitting his favorite lawyers against each other. Makes my theory that every case the WAA takes since his induction as Chief is by his arrangement lean a bit more toward truth.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu

迷探偵

Still waiting for that GK3 managing sim!

Ace Fangirl

FenrirDarkWolf wrote:
Why was Nayuta in Japanifornia anyway in this case?
Case 3 ends legit one day before this case.

I have a better question. Why is Simon not prosecuting? Do they comment on that in the game?

Spoiler:
I mean, yes, the defendant is his friend, but friendships never stop people like Edgeworth from prosecuting. I doubt it'd stop Klavier or Franziska, and I doubt it'd stop Simon too. The morale of the redeemed prosecutor is that 'the truth will make itself clear. If the defendant is really innocent, my theories will be proven wrong'.

Did someone else deem it conflict of interest? Or is it because Simon was an important witness? I mean, looking at it realistically, Simon not being the prosecutor makes sense. However, by Ace Attorney standards, if he had prosecuted, no one would have questioned it.

I think Simon said he just wasn't interested.
Spoiler:
And that he's a witness at the scene also somewhat factors in, but they don't give much fuss about it. If they're compliant with letting him take the defense, then I don't think it even matters.

Wotter boy

Spoiler:
I thought it was BECAUSE he was a witness is why he's not prosecuting...

Ace Fangirl

Spoiler:
I'm pretty sure Edgeworth has also gone on to prosecute characters (off screen?) for incidents that he was a witness in. I'm trying to come up with examples, but I'm blanking pretty hard. Quercus Alba, I guess? Edgeworth was there when that whole thing went down at the embassy and would've no doubt had to testify about it.

Wotter boy

It was probably just so they can push Nahyuta in more and that's okay with me.
I like him.

I like this case.
A lot honestly

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

They might as well call this case "Turnabout Localization Issues".
POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Wotter boy

I super blame this game for my new interest in rakugo.
Gosh darn it.

Derper

FenrirDarkWolf wrote:
Gosh darn it.

Have you arrived to a level of watching rakugo anime yet though?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQyykvqLElI

If you have, you should consider if you should be thankful or if it is a curse.
Sometimes I feel like facepalming
I'm just not sure on whose face to push my hand on.

Wotter boy

Reglare wrote:
FenrirDarkWolf wrote:
Gosh darn it.

Have you arrived to a level of watching rakugo anime yet though?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQyykvqLElI

If you have, you should consider if you should be thankful or if it is a curse.

NOOOOOO
why would you do this to me yet /;w;/
*proceeds to binge watch*

Wotter boy

By the by friends, I feel like Athena fumbles a lot more than Apollo and Phoenix did.
Then again, her mentors are someone who was disbarred for 7 years with only a 3-year initial career. and a 2nd/3rd-year attorney.

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

FenrirDarkWolf wrote:
By the by friends, I feel like Athena fumbles a lot more than Apollo and Phoenix did.
Then again, her mentors are someone who was disbarred for 7 years with only a 3-year initial career. and a 2nd/3rd-year attorney.

She's also an 18 year old teenager while Apollo was 22 and Phoenix was 24 when they began.
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney

Wotter boy

linkenski wrote:
FenrirDarkWolf wrote:

She's also an 18 year old teenager while Apollo was 22 and Phoenix was 24 when they began.

This is true.

Now that I've replayed this case, something strikes me as funny. Not really "haha" funny, but "wtf" funny.
Spoiler: includes DD references
Ema first mentioned Chief Prosecutor Edgeworth and his plans for renovation in case 2. He was cleaning out the Prosecutor's Office of ill-suited or corrupt candidates. After the fiasco with the Phantom last year, it makes sense. Both the office and the police department needed overhauls.

It was also mentioned at the start of this case that it was by Edgeworth's decision to let Nayuta lead the prosecution of this case. An odd choice at first glance; he's an international prosecutor. He also just finished a case against Phoenix Wright. That kind of battle would tire anyone out. So what happened to the rest of the local prosecutors?

Obviously, Gaspen was fired and thus escaped to Khura'in to reestablish himself in a notable position. After that case, though, who knows what happened to him...

We have no idea what happened to Winston Payne either. Perhaps he's finally retired and let his brother take the position of the Payne. As an aside, it's assumed to be series tradition to let only one Payne brother (or lookalike) be in each game. Yes, silly reason, but it seems to hold true for all titles nonetheless.

Godot is out for obvious reasons. He wouldn't want to return to the Prosecutor's Office anyway.

Franziska is out too, though possibly queued for the sequel. I suspect they simply hadn't decided on her more modern design. Perhaps this is also a reason for why Winston didn't show.

Blackquill clearly has a conflict of interest in this case, as the defendant is a good friend of his. That he testified as a witness for the prosecution was merely a laying out of the facts of the case (from his standpoint), so that alone would not qualify as "conflict of interest".

That leaves us with Klavier. We don't know what's been happening with him either, though he does have a cameo in one of the DLC shorts. They are confirmed non-canon, so this cameo doesn't apply if Klavier was actually out of the country. Yet, we never got wind of his travels since the last game. He clearly disbanded the Gavinners since 4-3 for the purpose of focusing on his job, but was noted to have been out for a bit during DD and simply passed by Themis for a visit. He isn't exactly an international prosecutor, so why that was, I'm still not clear. Now, a full year later, is he still traveling? Who knows.

Or perhaps he was just busy with another case at the time. Regardless, it sure feels contrived that Edgeworth had no one else but Nayuta to prosecute. Or maybe Edgeworth was being a bit more conscious about cultural diversity and exchange; I dunno. Either way, Nayuta was not a good choice to pick for this case.

I loved his rakugo acts; he's quite diligent with studies, no doubt. But as a prosecutor in this case? His "investigations" produced less thorough results than Edgeworth's back in 1-3, and the latter was most likely secretly trying to lose the trial. I didn't count the number of times he shouted "Polkunka" in this case, but it was plenty compared to previous cases. How does one miss that the karuta cards were swapped? How does one miss what could have been used as the murder weapon? Did he barely study the case itself and was too ingrained in the rakugo??

That last rhetorical question makes a good reason why he may have been feigning stupidity in this case. After all, he did still manage to sway the crowd in his favor several times. (Though every prosecutor does this to some extent, he happens to do it in a way that pisses off Blackquill, the supposed de facto master of psycho-manipulation.)

Quite the disappointment, especially given his otherwise relatively firm presentations in case 2 and 3.

I'm not saying I'm disappointed with this case; the premise and build-up of the mystery were solid. The new characters were memorable in their own ways. Having Blackquill as support was amusing; he's the best counter to Athena, even beating Apollo's dry humor imo. And of course, good ol' Udgey being himself.

But if even Nayuta gets to be a total dork, which is cute I admit, you have to wonder who in-game actually took this case seriously. I guess the only ones would be Athena and Puuko. That may be the real tragedy of this case...

Wotter boy

Now that I've replayed this case, something strikes me as funny. Not really "haha" funny, but "wtf" funny.
Spoiler: includes DD references
Ema first mentioned Chief Prosecutor Edgeworth and his plans for renovation in case 2. He was cleaning out the Prosecutor's Office of ill-suited or corrupt candidates. After the fiasco with the Phantom last year, it makes sense. Both the office and the police department needed overhauls.

It was also mentioned at the start of this case that it was by Edgeworth's decision to let Nayuta lead the prosecution of this case. An odd choice at first glance; he's an international prosecutor. He also just finished a case against Phoenix Wright. That kind of battle would tire anyone out. So what happened to the rest of the local prosecutors?

Obviously, Gaspen was fired and thus escaped to Khura'in to reestablish himself in a notable position. After that case, though, who knows what happened to him...

We have no idea what happened to Winston Payne either. Perhaps he's finally retired and let his brother take the position of the Payne. As an aside, it's assumed to be series tradition to let only one Payne brother (or lookalike) be in each game. Yes, silly reason, but it seems to hold true for all titles nonetheless.

Godot is out for obvious reasons. He wouldn't want to return to the Prosecutor's Office anyway.

Franziska is out too, though possibly queued for the sequel. I suspect they simply hadn't decided on her more modern design. Perhaps this is also a reason for why Winston didn't show.

Blackquill clearly has a conflict of interest in this case, as the defendant is a good friend of his. That he testified as a witness for the prosecution was merely a laying out of the facts of the case (from his standpoint), so that alone would not qualify as "conflict of interest".

That leaves us with Klavier. We don't know what's been happening with him either, though he does have a cameo in one of the DLC shorts. They are confirmed non-canon, so this cameo doesn't apply if Klavier was actually out of the country. Yet, we never got wind of his travels since the last game. He clearly disbanded the Gavinners since 4-3 for the purpose of focusing on his job, but was noted to have been out for a bit during DD and simply passed by Themis for a visit. He isn't exactly an international prosecutor, so why that was, I'm still not clear. Now, a full year later, is he still traveling? Who knows.

Or perhaps he was just busy with another case at the time. Regardless, it sure feels contrived that Edgeworth had no one else but Nayuta to prosecute. Or maybe Edgeworth was being a bit more conscious about cultural diversity and exchange; I dunno. Either way, Nayuta was not a good choice to pick for this case.

I loved his rakugo acts; he's quite diligent with studies, no doubt. But as a prosecutor in this case? His "investigations" produced less thorough results than Edgeworth's back in 1-3, and the latter was most likely secretly trying to lose the trial. I didn't count the number of times he shouted "Polkunka" in this case, but it was plenty compared to previous cases. How does one miss that the karuta cards were swapped? How does one miss what could have been used as the murder weapon? Did he barely study the case itself and was too ingrained in the rakugo??

That last rhetorical question makes a good reason why he may have been feigning stupidity in this case. After all, he did still manage to sway the crowd in his favor several times. (Though every prosecutor does this to some extent, he happens to do it in a way that pisses off Blackquill, the supposed de facto master of psycho-manipulation.)

Quite the disappointment, especially given his otherwise relatively firm presentations in case 2 and 3.

I'm not saying I'm disappointed with this case; the premise and build-up of the mystery were solid. The new characters were memorable in their own ways. Having Blackquill as support was amusing; he's the best counter to Athena, even beating Apollo's dry humor imo. And of course, good ol' Udgey being himself.

But if even Nayuta gets to be a total dork, which is cute I admit, you have to wonder who in-game actually took this case seriously. I guess the only ones would be Athena and Puuko. That may be the real tragedy of this case...

To offer something
Spoiler: Case 3/4
Remember that Nahyuta was in Khura'in the day before the case.(Ritual ended on May 12 and Theatre happens on May 13) I would imagine that a combination of jet lag and/or him being in an entirely different country with his seemingly most-trusted investigator (Ema), I can imagine someone not quite as good and thorough heading the investigation before offloading the notes of it to Nahyuta.

Oh, I know the time frame, but
Spoiler:
jet lag or not, he still memorized a rakugo piece or two. That's devotion. It also convinces me that he really did spend that entire day reading up on rakugo and not so much the case files.

It does make me wonder if such prosecutor who passed on the files to him was one we know well for lackluster investigations. Maybe Ema joined them for this case, maybe not; she didn't testify, so we can't know for sure. If so, I can definitely imagine tired Ema overlooking something.

Then again... Maybe Ema didn't and it was actually, ahem, a certain detective who's had one too many pay cuts?

Wotter boy

So according to reviews...
Rakugo and soba are upheld. hurray

:( I'm crushed like that flour scattered all over the floor.

Wotter boy

:( I'm crushed like that flour at the crime scene.

No pizza dough and sesame allergies? :P

Laid flat.

Now I'm more curious how they'll be localizing their mannerisms of speech. I had problems translating this case because of the nonstandard Japanese thrown around.

Wotter boy

Laid flat.

Now I'm more curious how they'll be localizing their mannerisms of speech. I had problems translating this case because of the nonstandard Japanese thrown around.

I'm curious as well...
If I get the game today, I want to spend all the day powering through to get to this case lol

Yabba Dabba Doo

This definitely is the case I'm most intrigued by. im really interested to find out how they localized it.

1000% Knight

This is literally the only English case that matters.
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

Wotter boy

I just started and I love it.

Spoiler: Edits and stuff
Edit 1: Nahyuta is laying it into Athena and as much as I love Athena, this is great. my poor bab tho ;u;

Edit 2: So Nahyuta's a huge nerd and studied rakugo all night before the case.

Edit 3: Nahyuta vs. Blackquill... I'd love to see that lol

Edit 4: Geiru's big... "balloons" BOING~ :v

Edit 5: What is this, pick on Athena day? This is only the second testimony, JEEZ

Edit 6: Why is Nahyuta better as manipulation than Blackquill to me ._.

Edit 7: SIMON IS A PANDA RIPPPPPPP

Edit 8: Tbh.. it's really true... Both of Athena's cases were fucking weird.

Edit 9: Made a mistake on the karuta cards, and Simon called her out on her hair. BUT AT LEAST ATHENA'S EYES ARE VISIBLE

Edit 10: I know he's a rakugo performer and all but... could it kill you to stand up Uendo.

Edit 11: UENDO IS A ROBOT

Edit 12: So Simon just wants soba .-.

Edit 13: Nahyuta you big rakugo NERD

Edit 14: ATHENA IN THE US YOU ARE NOT OLD ENOUGH TO DRINK

Edit 15: Done for tonight, timestamps for me are as follows:
turnabout storyteller-
start-> 3:46AM
trial former end-> 6:20AM
approx. time-> 2hr 34min

Can someone plz upload a pic of the
Spoiler:
karuta cards?

My thirst for knowledge knows no bounds.

Wotter boy

Can someone plz upload a pic of the
Spoiler:
karuta cards?

My thirst for knowledge knows no bounds.

Spoiler:
I don't have a picture at the moment, but the way they did it was Whet No 4 -> Owen 4th

Wotter boy

So it's time to start part 2~

Spoiler: Trial Latter
Edit 1: Image
Karuta for Rubia.

Edit 2: Uendo is a whole new category of lightweight jfc

Edit 3: what is this closeness, Simon pls

Edit 4: I like Wendee Lee, and I like Athena's english voice... but I still prefer her Japanese VA.

Edit 5: Eyyy, lunch time bitches

Edit 6: STRICTLY FOR SCIENCE

Edit 7:
Athena: But Geiru could've been at the crime scene!
Judge: Yes, but...
Athena: You'll get to see those "balloons" of hers if we call her back to the witness stand!
Nahyuta: HOW VULGAR!!
RIPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

Edit 8: I love this like... neutral role Simon has. He's a prosecutor through and through, but he still holds Athena's skills and trusts her completely. I love this (even if I don't ship Simon/Athena.)

Edit 9:
Geiru: I'ma cut ya, witch!
I LOVE THIS GAMe

Edit 10: Nahyuta... I can't believe you when you said you're just "trying to protect her privacy..."

Edit 11: Geiru has so much more personality than like.. almost all the DD villains. If I didn't already know everything beforehand, I wouldn't have really suspected her.

Edit 12: Freaking dough is the murder weapon tho, smh

Edit 13: I just realised that Geiru speaks a bit like Lotta... did she do this in Japanese too? (also the judge says he learned a phrase "reckgiven"

Edit 14: Being pushed off to the side like that.. I really do feel sorry for Geiru...

Edit 15: Even if her motive rant is a bit on the selfish side... I feel like she still cared for Taifu and Uendo, in the end, but the title was her life. "Let it go and move on" indeed....

Edit 16: Simon and Athena being... normal. I love it. Like brother and sister almost

Edit 17: So I just realised... Athena didn't actually say "LET'S DO THIS" at all (as far as I can remember) in the case at all.

Edit 18: THEY TRANSLATED THE CASE ART AND IT SAYS BURG

So can I say I absolutely love this case? The characters were great, and the mystery, although straightforward, was probably my favourite. There's no "high stakes" or "impending death" just normal, silly, AA-style case. It wasn't convoluted, and everything, in the end, made sense to me.

And this is why this is my favourite case.

Edit: Timestamps
turnabout storyteller-
start-> 3:46AM
trial former end-> 6:20AM
trial latter-> 7:03PM
trial latter end-> 8:53PM
approx. time-> 4hrs and 24mins

Enoshima Junko-chan!

Spoiler:
Not sure how people could figure out the difference between the noodles. Maybe I need to get more cultured.

Wotter boy

MBr wrote:
Spoiler:
Not sure how people could figure out the difference between the noodles. Maybe I need to get more cultured.

Spoiler:
It's subtle, but Bucky outright tells you the difference several times.

Enoshima Junko-chan!

Spoiler:
Maybe it'll all be clear to me when I replay it.

Now what I'd love to see is art, maybe even a gif, of Simon shaking Athena.

Wotter boy

I just finished this case and I'm already replaying it and I haven't even started case 5.
(mostly to fill it out on the wiki)
Page 2 of 5 [ 187 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Kingdom of Khura'in (GS6)