Board index » Phoenix Wright » Baker Street » Great Exhibition (TGAA2)

Page 1 of 4[ 127 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

DGS2 Speculation ThreadTopic%20Title

Happy Maria

Now that DGS2 has been announced,what are your thoughts and predictions on the game,besides closing up the plot holes the first introduced?
Spoiler:
Personally,I think we're going to learn about the Watsons and also find out who Gina's parents are.

Re: DGS2 Speculation ThreadTopic%20Title

俺がガンダムだ

Just finished watching the video series, incredibly hyped.

Spoiler:
Honestly, I'm just hoping and expecting Asougi to be alive because when was the last time someone died in such an unspectacular fashion in this game before? And the telegram... Actually I just want to see Asougi since he was one of my favorites. Well, who knows if that'll happen but considering "all the mysteries will be brought to light" this game might end at a duology rather than a trilogy? Maybe I just wanted to say, "Asougi is alive!" and caught the catch.

Maybe Gina will be our resident assistant if Susato doesn't come back? There were lots of hints to that.

お願い! シンデレラ
夢は夢で終われない!!

Happy Maria

ciaossuu wrote:

Spoiler:
Honestly, I'm just hoping and expecting Asougi to be alive because when was the last time someone died in such an unspectacular fashion in this game before? And the telegram... Actually I just want to see Asougi since he was one of my favorites. Well, who knows if that'll happen but considering "all the mysteries will be brought to light" this game might end at a duology rather than a trilogy? Maybe I just wanted to say, "Asougi is alive!" and caught the catch.

Maybe Gina will be our resident assistant if Susato doesn't come back? There were lots of hints to that.

Sorry,but that's very improbable.
Spoiler:
Because his body was definitely found and autopsied. And if you're going to claim it was a body double,well,no. His appearance in the first two cases are consistent enough to throw that theory outta the window.

So...he's dead.

俺がガンダムだ

Southern Corn wrote:
ciaossuu wrote:

Spoiler:

Sorry,but that's very improbable.
Spoiler:
Because his body was definitely found and autopsied. And if you're going to claim it was a body double,well,no. His appearance in the first two cases are consistent enough to throw that theory outta the window.

So...he's dead.

Let a guy dream! Even if it's just a delusion, lol.

Spoiler:
I don't know, it just feels off for someone to die in such an unspectacular fashion in an Ace Attorney game (compared to even this game where people got shot and set on fire and all) and not to mention being in the telegram names. I feel like he might have figured something out with the Russian and British sides of everything... With Watson and Gregson on it, and Hosonaga supposedly being his guard, he's going to be more careful than that. After all, he did see Watson die and I don't want to think he was ignorant in that sense. But obviously that's going off on the assumption that everyone on this telegram knew each other, but it seems overly convenient for me that Asougi had a duty and that Sherlock was on board and that he probably would've gotten to know Gregson as the detective. I have no idea how he'd make his escape possible, but I don't think his role will be huge posthumously, or at least I would hope not.

delusions delusions delusions delusions delusions ;_;

But another idea, is that I hope they utilize the Japanese court more since they did model all of that for a single case. Maybe we'll see flashback cases like in GK2 and 3?
お願い! シンデレラ
夢は夢で終われない!!

Happy Maria

I didn't know there was a GK3 :udgey:

Ooh,here's a doozy. Do you think that this will be the last DGS,or will it be a full trilogy?

Wotter boy

Southern Corn wrote:
I didn't know there was a GK3 :udgey:

Ooh,here's a doozy. Do you think that this will be the last DGS,or will it be a full trilogy?

I bet this will be the last DGS, at least for the time being. I believe they said "all the mysteries will be solved now" at the end of the trailer?

Happy Maria

Spoiler: Big DGS stuffz
Here's something else. I'm pretty sure Baroque's friend is going to be Yuujin Mikotoba. It would also make even more sense,considering that in the trailers he seems to have died.

元・超会社員級の管理人

Southern Corn wrote:
Spoiler: Big DGS stuffz
Here's something else. I'm pretty sure Baroque's friend is going to be Yuujin Mikotoba. It would also make even more sense,considering that in the trailers he seems to have died.

Well, there's also the fact that...

Spoiler: DGS
Yuujin's name literally means "friend", lol. Given his ties to Watson and his apparent importance in the overall plot I'll be more surprised if he isn't who Barok was talking about.

Anyway, in terms of DGS2 predictions... I put 50-50 odds on an Asougi flashback case opening the game. Gotta work in a Payne showdown somehow! (I would also accept Susato leading the defense for the first case in Japan, even though that makes basically no sense.)
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

The Enigma

Bolt Storm wrote:
I would also accept Susato leading the defense for the first case in Japan, even though that makes basically no sense.

I can see it, though maybe watered down a bit. Perhaps Asougi being a total noob when it comes to standing in a modernized court for the first time, and she has to try and explain how to lawyer without actually taking over since she can only do so much as a woman in that time period. With that said, it'd be great if DGS2 explores their relationship a little more. For a defense attorney and legal assistant, they didn't get much interaction with each other.
I've heard rumors… Bramimond, one of the eight legends, devoted himself entirely to the dark. All emotion, all memory… dissolved in a river of dark. That is how he received the power to best dragons

Happy Maria

I'd totally see that happening. It could also give more backstory to
Spoiler: BIG DGS STUFFZ
what he was about to tell Ryu in case one.

And wow,that was not at all subtle at all. Thanks for pointing it out,Bolt.

Happy Maria

Oh,and also I felt that
Spoiler: BIGGGGGG DGS SPOILERZ HOW MUCH MORE DO I GOTTA EMPHASISE THIS MON COME ON OF COURSE THERE'S GOING TO BE SPOILERS YOU DUMBO BUT WHATEVER FINE I'LL TAG IT
the whole thing with the Russian Revolutionary and the World Fair never came to fruition. I wonder if we'll see that in the next game?

OBJECTION!

Southern Corn wrote:
Oh,and also I felt that
Spoiler: BIGGGGGG DGS SPOILERZ HOW MUCH MORE DO I GOTTA EMPHASISE THIS MON COME ON OF COURSE THERE'S GOING TO BE SPOILERS YOU DUMBO BUT WHATEVER FINE I'LL TAG IT
the whole thing with the Russian Revolutionary and the World Fair never came to fruition. I wonder if we'll see that in the next game?

Definitely, though I do think that it was funny how
Spoiler:
he ended up being a member of the jury in the final case. I did kind of expect him to be involved somehow.

And is it safe to assume that this game is coming to the Nintendo Switch? Since I don't believe that they ever announced a system for it, because it was announced before the Switch was announced

Happy Maria

Probably 3DS,considering. Does the new console even have 3DS features? I dunno,I haven't been keeping up on the news with that one.

Everyone = Guilty

here is a speculation

Spoiler:
it will be a japan only game

Happy Maria

That was confirmed ages ago man :-P

OBJECTION!

Southern Corn wrote:
Probably 3DS,considering. Does the new console even have 3DS features? I dunno,I haven't been keeping up on the news with that one.

I'm not really even sure what you are even asking. What 3DS exclusive features does the series need? The games can easily work on a single screen and the 3D feature is not a necessity at all

Happy Maria

The mic stuff for the fingerprinting and all. Though that won't be coming up in this game,I suppose.

Wotter boy

DGS did have the whole steroscope thing where you used the 3D features.

Happy Maria

Oh yeah,and the 3D investigations and Joint Reasoning as well. Those are all rather important.

I'm fine and ready for justice!

To be honest, I think they reveal that
Spoiler: DGS 1/5 (from my memory)
Jezail Brett is the Japanese friend that Barok was betrayed by.
I can provide a few points that would support the possibility but I'm afraid this isn't the appropriate thread to discuss theories.
If you need a defense attorney, come talk to me! I just...can't take any cases that are in real life...it has to be on Miiverse. But I'm a justice-seeking warrior who wins every time, like Mr. Fine over there! Well, as long as you're not guilty. In Justice We Trust!

Wotter boy

Apollo4Justice wrote:
I can provide a few points that would support the possibility but I'm afraid this isn't the appropriate thread to discuss theories.

But
Spoiler:
Jezail is an Englishwoman?

1000% Knight

Baroque's friend has gotta be Yuujin.

Right? ;D
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

Happy Maria

Apollo4Justice wrote:

What do you mean? This is the EXACT THREAD to discuss theories,lol.

And I feel Bolt has explained why it could only be that person anyway.

FenrirDarkWolf wrote:
Apollo4Justice wrote:

But
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Maybe his theory is that Jezail is actually Japanese.

Signature loading, please wait...

Wotter boy

By the by, I think these two are going to be involved in the story somehow.

Happy Maria

Yeah,seems to be from the description. They were so weird though lol.

Cesar Zero wrote:
FenrirDarkWolf wrote:
Apollo4Justice wrote:

But
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Maybe his theory is that Jezail is actually Japanese.

You hit it right on the head, Cesar. After all,
Spoiler: DGS
if she was Japanese and spent enough time in England, she could learn enough of the Queen's English to pass off as English. She also has very extensive knowledge of Japanese, despite calling it a "barbaric" and "third-world" language. This could also be a ruse in order to lead us to believe she's English. Furthermore, and I promise you, I am NOT trying to be racist with this but considering DGS has a bit of a racist theme going on, the fact that Jezail has a mask could be a hint that she's hiding something that would indicate herself as Japanese. Either that, or Takumi is taking advantage of the generalization to hint towards Jezail's true nationality.
There's probably more that supports this theory but I can't think too straight at 3 a.m.
If you need a defense attorney, come talk to me! I just...can't take any cases that are in real life...it has to be on Miiverse. But I'm a justice-seeking warrior who wins every time, like Mr. Fine over there! Well, as long as you're not guilty. In Justice We Trust!

Happy Maria

It still seems rather ambiguous at the moment,but I think it has to be Yuujin since
Spoiler: DGS2
he seems to have died by now. Also,Bolt said that his name is friend,so it seems that that's where they're going with this.

But considering Takumi, wouldn't that be just a bit too obvious? After all, that one plot twist involving Dahlia from Bridge to the Turnabout wasn't as obvious as this would be. If anything, I'd say the fact that his name means
Spoiler:
"friend"
hints towards the misleading side of the scale.

Happy Maria

Possibly. But I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Another thing I noticed people say was that the first case could be Kazuma vs. Auchi. As much as I would love to see Kazuma in real action,
Spoiler:
I can't really see it fitting in the timeline, as Auchi wouldn't be very confident if Kazuma was on Ryu's bench, not to mention he even calls himself undefeated. The only way I'd see it working is if the first case ended with a Guilty verdict, which is depressing enough. But even then, considering Kazuma, I think he'd quit in his shame if that happened.

Happy Maria

Auchi's brother is then introduced :p

But the new version of Payne, if you get my drift, would be such a wasted opportunity. I can see Payne getting on a steamship to England to get revenge on Ryu, though. It doesn't seem OOC for him.

Happy Maria

The Japanese are loathed in London though,so it would be hard for him to prosecute there. He'd also need a lot of money and learn more about English law.

After Ryu's success, would it that hard for Japanese to enter London? He could also just smuggle himself onto a ship. As for the law knowledge, it would be a bit funny if Payne was absolutely clueless and Ryu was the one who had to teach him the ropes.

Happy Maria

Spoiler: D-2
Ryu got caught though.

And while it would seem comical,I don't think it could work. D-1 Auchi was a real professional,but this hypothetical D2-1 Auchi you speak of is too amateurish for the tutorial.

Actually,what if you were in England for the tutorial case,but it was a flashback?

A flashback how? Do tell.

Happy Maria

Spoiler: D-5
As in,we find out more about Baroque,but we play as a rookie English DA. This will give us more info about what the music discs mean.

Just any rookie? And Payne wouldn't fit in there anywhere?

Happy Maria

I know it's sad to have a first case without a Payne,but I think it would flow better without him

and any rookie will do
Page 1 of 4 [ 127 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Baker Street » Great Exhibition (TGAA2)