Board index » General » Trial Minutes

Page 2 of 2[ 53 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Re: [RELEASE] [DEMO] The Great Ace AttorneyTopic%20Title

Scarlet Study Member

Dowolf wrote:
I do not make a single penny off of any of my videos, actually, for exactly this reason.

If you did not want to call me out, you did not have to. You could have let the issue drop; nothing was forcing you to do otherwise. I am not bitter over how things have gone; why would I be? Saddened, perhaps, that I was not even given the opportunity to correct mistakes, saddened that what patch will exist seems to be going the hyper-literal route, but not bitter. But you choose to mischaracterize my translation, which does make me angry. Changing names does not amount to "whitewashing." Every Japanese person is still Japanese; every Russian is yet a Russian; every Englishman remains an Englishman. Personalities were not changed to make this happen.

And yes, I am responsible for what my more... let us say zealous fanboys have wrought. Which is why I immediately took action to correct it, when I realized what I had unwittingly unleashed. That outcome is my one biggest regret over how the entire thing went down.

OK, let me apologize: I did throw you in with other "Japanifornica" advocates. It's true you're not guilty of that. I'm sorry.

But it's also wrong to say we're "going the hyper-literal route". Had you tried that patch we made, you'd know that.

And let me be clear that I don't hold you accountable for the actions of others. That was my entire point.

I have tried the patch. In it, there are a number of jokes and puns that suffer from being literally translated. Also: too many ellipses.

And I guess my entire point is that one should and I do.

Scarlet Study Member

Dowolf wrote:
I have tried the patch. In it, there are a number of jokes and puns that suffer from being literally translated. Also: too many ellipses.

And I guess my entire point is that one should and I do.

People are responsible for their own actions. As long as you didn't make them harass and threaten us, I don't see how you would be responsible

Regarding those jokes and puns: you've piqued my interest. I'll PM you my Discord ID...

DGS fucking when..

You guys really need a beta tester for this thing. If not just a beta reader. Most of the dialogues are just too strange or too literally translated.

That said, great job though. Really hope to see the next level of work as AAI2 :)

When the full version of the translation patch is released, will it be able to work with a physical cartridge copy of DGS or just the digital download version?

Scarlet Study Member

BadLuckExpert wrote:
You guys really need a beta tester for this thing. If not just a beta reader. Most of the dialogues are just too strange or too literally translated.

That said, great job though. Really hope to see the next level of work as AAI2 :)

We have proof-readers and testers, we just don't recruit them from the outside anymore, because they usually come in, play the Episode once and then leave forever. Our QC cycle is actually pretty thorough (that's why you can't play Episode 1 yet). I bypassed the usual QC to get at least the Demo out for New Years. And other than the 2 things Dowolf told me about, I don't see what you mean by "to literally". Care to explain?

alphadalekben wrote:
When the full version of the translation patch is released, will it be able to work with a physical cartridge copy of DGS or just the digital download version?

We're thinking of REQUIRING the physical cartridge for the main release. And we'll try to make it work with HANS somehow, not sure we can deliver on that one, though...

Oompa-Loompa

Thanks for translating this for us guys!!! For scrubs like me who can't read Japanese this is a great gift. Who cares if the names aren't localized to English-- this will just get me to research all the Japanese names and broaden my cultural pun horizons.

Programmer

Don't worry, the majority of the names were English to begin with.
Currently working on a redesign of cr.net itself! Come talk to me about it on Discord!

Happy Maria

Well...some of them.

Spoiler: DGS
Vortex,Megundal,Crogley,and Jezail don't have very English names. They're all just based off of Japanese puns,but don't function as real names.

Watson,Holmes,Gregson,the O'Malleys,Hutch and the Garridebs do have actual English names though.

Yabba Dabba Doo

Southern Corn (SC) wrote:
Well...some of them.

Spoiler: DGS
Vortex,Megundal,Crogley,and Jezail don't have very English names. They're all just based off of Japanese puns,but don't function as real names.

Watson,Holmes,Gregson,the O'Malleys,Hutch and the Garridebs do have actual English names though.

Still in the English language though. A lot of people won't/don't understand every pun in the Ace Attorney series, so it's not a massive deal that people won't understand these either.

Is there a website for the project so we can keep up with the progress of the translation?

Happy Maria

here you go.

Southern Corn (SC) wrote:

Thank You.
Page 2 of 2 [ 53 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Board index » General » Trial Minutes